Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When did "man-purses" become "purse-purses"?

I am at a Subway and there is a very well-dressed man in line (probably from the Saks Fifth Avenue across the street) carrying what is more or less a pocket-book. I will try to take a picture.

Do any of you bitches do this?

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

[quote]I am at a Subway

That's where you lost me. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

Once you relegated cargo pants to suburban lesbians, we had to adapt.

I'm carrying phone, wallet, pills, whore whistle, and white gloves. I'm not ruining the line of my suit with all that bulge.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

There is a Subway across from Saks? How is this possible?

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

[quote]I'm carrying phone, wallet, pills, whore whistle, and white gloves

Gurl, you forgot your fan!

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

R3 Bal Harbour, FL

To be fair, the Saks is in Bal Harbour and the Subway across the street is in Surfside.

Here is the purse

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Oh dear, is that what's considered well-dressed in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

My only concern is that the bag does not match the shoes.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

That's not a pocket book. It looks like a hermes wannabe low-slung purse.

The Thomas Pink is fine, but those shoes disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Verdict: purse

Should you need a tampon, OP, you know who to ask.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

Oh, you didn't mention he was black. That's different.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

One of the best things about being a man is we dont need to carry a bunch of shit with us. Keys, wallet and cell phone. Thats all I carry with me. And if I was walking across the street to get something to eat, the keys and cell phone would stay in my desk.

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

It's a purse. It's an ugly purse that doesn't match what he is wearing at all

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

it's a small satchel. Perfectly normal for a man.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

Small satchels don't have a huge clunky silver-tone buckle on the side, R13. That's a purse.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

That's a fucking purse. And it doesn't even match his hideous shoes. He is a total douchebag and people talk about him behind his back but he doesn't know it. Everyone who SEES that shit on the street points and laughs. How unselfaware would you have to be to carry that thing?

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

It's a Subway, people! Not a catwalk in Milan. Sheesh.

He was probably asking directions to the nearest WalMart.

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2013

That man in r5 is simply wearing part of my tribes uniform. My tribe, Purse Snatches, requires all single men to possess and display an eggshell blue shoulder purse. It's religious significance can't be revealed, but you can be assured this gentleman is in good standing when it's his time to go to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

Why would you destroy the look of such a good shirt with those shoes?

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

That's not eggshell blue, it's cerulean.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

Oh, it's in Florida. Nothing to worry about, then. Fashion sense in Florida has always been an oxymoron. And any Saks Fifth Avenue that is not actually on Fifth Avenue is not really Saks; it's a mall store. Even the original, of course, is not what it used to be, but I am still fond of it because of the reference in the original "Sabrina," in which a turn of the century couple was given a wedding present of a town house, "which is now the home of Saks Fifth Avenue."

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2013

I'm sure the guy was in some stylish shop or department store and saw the bags in the mens department, was assured by the salesman that they were the next big thing, and he bought it.

He's not carrying it by accident, and I bet it cost a furtune.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

[quote]Even the original, of course, is not what it used to be, but I am still fond of it because of the reference in the original "Sabrina," in which a turn of the century couple was given a wedding present of a town house, "which is now the home of Saks Fifth Avenue."

Well, the photo at R5 is no longer the gayest thing in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2013

I hate carrying anything, I'd never be seen with this sort of thing

by Anonymousreply 2310/03/2013

R21, if that was the case, he'd be wearing it across his shoulder like a scout. She knows what she's doing. She wore those shoes just to irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 2410/03/2013

It's a crossover bag.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.