Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

S.E. Cupp calls Ted Cruz “a hero” for instigating shutdown

Even if he’s become increasingly reviled by members of his own party, Sen. Ted Cruz still had the support of Crossfire co-host S.E. Cupp on Wednesday for his insistence on defunding the Affordable Care Act.

“What Ted Cruz is doing is standing up for millions of people around the country — and certainly in his district back at home — who want Obamacare repealed, delayed, stopped,” Cupp told co-host Van Jones and panelists Emily Miller and former Rep. Tom Perriello (D-VA). “That is not represented in Congress, and that’s why Ted Cruz is a hero.”

“How is that not represented?” an incredulous Perriello asked.

“Because there are so many sort-of flip-floppers and weaklings in the House and the Senate who don’t have the backbone that Ted Cruz does,” Cupp responded. She did not identify which GOP lawmakers she felt fit that description. But according to Politico, several Republicans did not have a problem criticizing Cruz over his alleged inability to help the party out of the legislative stalemate he provoked.

“Ted Cruz is supported by a small faction of the American people,” Perriello countered, prompting Cupp to respond, “That is not true.”

Neither Cupp nor Miller, the senior opinion editor for the conservative Washington Times, responded to Perriello’s allegation that the Republican numbers in Congress have been bolstered by political gerrymandering, an argument supported by a Sept. 26 New Yorker report linking GOP members who are supporting Cruz’s crusade with districts that have been manipulated into becoming increasingly white, rural and conservative.

Miller challenged Perriello’s point, noting that over the past two weeks, Republicans have pushed through five separate votes calling for the law to be delayed and for a medical device tax to be stripped from the law, which she said proved there was majority support for repealing the law, commonly known as “Obamacare.”

“So then why are you afraid of a vote on the House floor — up or down — about the bill?” Jones asked Miller.

“There’s no fear,” Miller answered. “The point is, there’s no leverage.”

“You say you’re a majoritarian movement, but you don’t believe in majority rule in the House of Representatives,” Jones told Miller. “Why is that?”

“Why would they give up their leverage?” Miller asked in response.

Watch the discussion, as aired on CNN on Wednesday, below.

by Anonymousreply 6710/17/2013

S.E. Cunt

Spoiled little rich bitch.

And those glasses are as obnoxious as her cunting attitude.

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2013

I don't think she is rich, R1. But I'm eternally grateful to CNN for getting her off MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2013

Dude, I hate it that SE Cupp is so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2013

Van Jones is shockingly meek and mousy. Almost to the level of being the new Alan Combs.

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2013

R3 sexy?

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2013

Cruz doesn't represent a district. He's a senator, and supposedly representing an entire state.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2013

Funny coincidence, S.E Cupp is Ted Cruz's hero too.

by Anonymousreply 710/02/2013

Yes, Cupp is widely considered hot.

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2013

Maxim salutes Cupp

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2013

Cupp disgusted by men lusting at her.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2013

She is an ubercunt. While shrill is decried as a sexist stereotype, stereotypes exist for a reason, and she's the poster child for shrill.

Loud, obnoxious, booze-soaked voice. Does not debate so much as shout louder and louder and LOUDER. Makes overzealous proclamations – "Ted Cruz is a hero" – while offering no facts or information to back up her nonsense. When a fellow "debater" makes a point based on factual information, her retort is to crank up the volume with no substance or facts: just proclamations. The frustrations from panelists who do not possess her vocal firepower is palpable.

The pairing with soft-spoken wimp Van Jones is an intentional mismatch by CNN, which has become "Fox-lite" since Zucker took charge. Watching the one-sided government shutdown coverage, I've seen countless Republicans interviewed every hour with nary a Democratic official in sight to provide a hint of balance, other than fossil Steny Hoyer, who'd sell the gold out of his mother's teeth for his corporate overlords. The Dana "Banana Face" Bash incident today pretty much sealed the deal that CNN is after the inbred audience with a fury.

The only people who I've seen keep this piece of shit S.E. Cupp in line are Bill Maher and the eye-roll worthy Toure, both masters of condescension. She wilts quickly once her sparring partners use condescension as a weapon. She's very limited and has few skills other than volume. The kind of one-note simpleton, harpy conservatives adore.

The best thing to do is turn off the TV. These shows and cunts like her offer nothing but hostility and anger for the viewer, which is all part of the ratings game.

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2013

r11, as much as I dislike Cupp's politics, I still prefer her to you. Your use of misogynist epithets really reflects poorly on you, dude. You sound very nasty and mean spirited.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

r11, you are the anti-woman sexist bigot, dude.f

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

[quote]The pairing with soft-spoken wimp Van Jones is an intentional mismatch by CNN, which has become "Fox-lite" since Zucker took charge.

Totally true. It was deliberate. CNN does not want liberal voices heard and they hire the ones who won't fight back.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

This ditz has really made a name for herself over the past several years. Don't get why, but CNN even gave her one of the 4 Crossfire hosting slots.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

This poor, poor country.

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

"S.E." Cupp's stupid goddamn name is as pretentious and insufferable as she is.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

What do you think of the theme music for the new Crossfire? It doesn't strike me as good as the old theme.

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2013

Ben Stein just called the Tea Party Republicans in the House "irresponsible" and basically distilled their opposition as Obama hate.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

What show is Ben Stein on, R21?

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2013

On "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson," I should add. He also said those Republicans had their heads up their asses. I hope this gets picked it in the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 2310/03/2013

Ben STEIN? I thought he was a hard-core Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2410/03/2013

i'm glad about obamacare. my two nephews enrolled today and they finally have medical insurance they can easily and readily pay for!

by Anonymousreply 2510/03/2013

Conservative female "pundits" and politicians are historically hideous, so the minute they can drag out one that doesn't look like the product of two cousins fucking, they plaster her everywhere.

Every word out of Palin's mouth made no sense and she was borderline illiterate, but conservatives are so simple minded, they didn't care. Just slap a pair of glasses on the empty vessel and they stare in amazement. She's "purdy." I'm sure countless hillbillies have imagined spewing their seed on her vacant face while she cheers on the obese, racist filth that is the Tea Party.

This so-called S.E. Cupp - an art major who somehow is qualified to be the lead conservative voice on the journalistic remains that calls itself CNN - is slightly better than average looks wise and a total dolt. Ergo, mindless, conservatives love her as long as she spews the swill they love to hear and combs her hair.

by Anonymousreply 2610/03/2013

He is, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2710/03/2013

Essie. That conservative cow's name is Essie.

by Anonymousreply 2810/03/2013

The teaparty asshats are about to crash the stock market and undo the economy. I am personally concerned that these so-called conservatives will cost me 4 years of stock market gains. The last thing they understand is economics.

by Anonymousreply 2910/03/2013

This heifer sets my teeth on edge like no other! I don't know what it is about S. E. Cupp that makes me hate her so much... it's more than just her politics. She has this aura of smarmy, self serving entitlement (which reminds me very much of Newt G) all wrapped up in a sexy girly package complete with hipster glasses. I would give any thing to see Rachel Maddow beat the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/03/2013

I did not know her before her introduction prior to Crossfire. I quickly took to calling her Sippy Cup. She makes it too easy. She's proof that peppering sentences with big words doesn't make a person intelligent or knowledgeable. Anyone who refers to Cruz as a hero is a dolt and a fucking sheep.

by Anonymousreply 3110/03/2013

Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3210/03/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 3310/03/2013

S.E. Cupp is actually surprisingly articulate. She's not insane like Palin or Bachmann. She's not strident like Coulter. And she's good looking. Plus, she's already savvy. She's gotten herself on shows like Duck Dynasty that is a big conservative hogfest. The conservative pundits, especially the female ones, are so bad (think Michelle Malkin) that she can't help looking amazing in contrast.

I'm glad she's off The Cycle. Abby Huntsman is much more personable. I got the feeling that the only reason Toure or the other guys didn't just clobber Cupp over the head was Krystal Ball. Krystal is very respectful of different points of view while making her own very clear. But that kind of tension isn't appropriate for a show like the Cycle.

I watched the old Crossfire but won't watch this one. If she's going to annoy people on a group show, I'd rather it be one that I'll never watch. She has a definite future in the republican party and will likely end up a columnist at a big media outlet.

by Anonymousreply 3410/03/2013

Crossfire is fucking awful and the only good thing about it (sadly) is Newt.

Couldn't they have hired better liberal hosts?

by Anonymousreply 3510/03/2013

Well, yes, Cupp has awful political views, but what do you expect her to say? Her job is to be a conservative personality, and if she takes positions contrary to that, she will be replaced by someone who will represent the conservative viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 3610/03/2013

S.E. Cunt is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 3710/03/2013

R36, I think she really believes what she says. Sadly, she is a bit easily led at times, probably because she is young. Cruz is an idiot and anyone, even conservatives, with half a brain should realize it. He's not helping the republicans at all.

by Anonymousreply 3810/03/2013

Fiscal Republicans (economic conservatives with brains) put the boots to Cruz and his ankles to jesus domestic terrorist tea baggers behind closed doors...

by Anonymousreply 3910/03/2013

Are you a lesbian, R40? Or are you on the wrong fucking site?

by Anonymousreply 4110/03/2013

Kimberly Guilfoile called and whants her busty hot republican chick swagger back.

by Anonymousreply 4310/04/2013

The only good thing about Curz is that is is Canadian and can never be president.

by Anonymousreply 4410/04/2013

Dang, she is hot.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2013

Funny, if Van were loud and aggressive he would be eliciting the ire of you bitches who do not hesitate to exploit the stereotype of the Angry Black Man attacking the poor defenseless White Woman

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2013

r42 according to the ladies on the DL... bisexual dudes do not exist

by Anonymousreply 4710/06/2013

I want to explore Van's love tunnel!

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2013

S.E. Cupp makes my thing stand up in my pants.

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2013

Yep, she is very hot. She gives me an instant boner.

by Anonymousreply 5010/06/2013

What the fuck is a "south-east cup"?

I have no idea who the fuck this is, never heard of anyone like that, and have no idea why I should care.

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2013

Her glasses are not real.

by Anonymousreply 5210/07/2013

They enhance her hotness

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2013

She's opposed to marriage equality. Just another gay-hater.

by Anonymousreply 5410/07/2013

r53 She's not hot. She's passable for a Republican woman, which is graded on a curve.

You keep posting that she's hot, which means you're a troll or a Freeper or Essie Cunt herself.

by Anonymousreply 5510/07/2013

r55, you are entitled to your minority opinion. A quick Google search reveals that she widely viewed as "hot" by the public.

by Anonymousreply 5610/07/2013

R40/42/50/53/56 cracks me up. He loves Sippy Cupp and football, and keeps bumping the jockstraps thread with angry posts about how much he hates them. And he's tenacious; he can't seem to live with the idea that some people might disagree with him about such things. Yet he hangs out on a gay message board.

by Anonymousreply 5710/07/2013

Oops. My mistake. I confused R56 with someone else. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 5810/07/2013

Hot??

That chick is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 5910/07/2013

Her argument: My point of view is not represented in Congress because I can't win there.

by Anonymousreply 6010/07/2013

R46, he was loud, strident and aggressive back in mid-2009 through 2011 when he couldn't get on enough media outlets to slam Obama for being milquetoasty and weak.

Where is that swagger to be found now, against the Republican evildoers, when it is needed most? Or does he simply enjoy being a black "stereotype" ( your word, not mine) only when he is slamming his own, and not when it actually counts?

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people like Van Jones. And I give them a wide berth. They are not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 6110/07/2013

Van seems like a man emasculated. He is like a little mouse, always conceding to the Republicans that yes, the Democrats are to blame. He is the new Alan Colmes.

by Anonymousreply 6210/07/2013

man up, Van!

by Anonymousreply 6310/08/2013

I'd like to see these "hot" GOP chicks run for office. See how far they get.

by Anonymousreply 6410/08/2013

So, this is how America falls apart. And all the blame on blacks,muslims,teenagers,obama,ufos,israel,iran, and every other excuse was just paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 6510/17/2013

Who the fuck is this "S.E. Cupp" cunt, and why the fuck is anyone paying attention to her inanity & insanity?

by Anonymousreply 6610/17/2013

It will be interesting to see how Ted Cruz's career progresses as the dust settles.

by Anonymousreply 6710/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.