Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's Jean Kasem's game?

Yes, the link is from the Daily Mail, so if that offends your delicate sensibilities, don't click on it...

Police were called to Casey Kasem's house on Tuesday after a family feud between his wife and children turned nasty.

Casey's children Kerri, Julie and Mike arrived at their father's plush Holmby Hills address to demand Karem's second wife Jean let them see the DJ.

The 81-year-old star is seriously ill with advanced Parkinson's disease.

The legendary DJ, who hosted America's Top 40 from 1970 for three decades has not been heard from in months.

According to TMZ, Jean called police in an effort to get get the children, plus a group of Casey's friends and co-workers, away from the property.

The website reports that the children have been attempting to see their father for three months. His oldest daughter Kerri alleges Jean has 'aggressively blocked the kids from the house.' Kerri, a radio and television host, told the website their stand was not about money, revealing she and her brother and sister already know they have been excluded from Casey's will. In fact, she and her siblings - from Casey's first marriage to Linda Myers - just want to see their father.

'Your children are here for you,' Kerri told the website. 'We have not abandoned you." The group held signs up with various messages imploring Jean to relent.

One of his daughters held up a neon placard with the words: 'Jean, why won't you let me see my Dad.'

Meanwhile, Casey's brother, who hasn't spoken to Jean in the 33 years since her marriage to the DJ, said Jean has had a 'strained' relationship with her stephildren for 'years.' He held up a placard which read: 'I miss my brother.'

Along with his successful DJ-ing career, Casey was a prominent voiceover actor, famously voicing the character of Shaggy in the Scooby-Do franchise.

by Carlareply 5310/06/2013

Get well soon, Casey Kasem!

by Carlareply 110/02/2013

Maybe he doesn't want to be seen in that condition and she is just upholding his wish.

by Carlareply 210/02/2013

Money money money mooooney!

by Carlareply 310/02/2013

I loved Jean Kasem. She was the Coco Cube of her day.

by Carlareply 410/02/2013

She is a total fright. Normally I would assume the kids were out for his cash but the people who have been shut out include his former assistant and other friends. And the kids claim they have trust funds already and have their own careers.

by Carlareply 510/02/2013

Her breathy voice, the platinum white hair. Too long for her age. She's a seat warmer at award ceremonies. I know the type. Self righteous. The kids need to call the cops on her!

by Carlareply 610/02/2013

Always thought she was a mongoloid.

by Carlareply 710/02/2013

She's what they call "touched in the head."

by Carlareply 810/02/2013

What a nasty piece of work. She is just trying to a bitch and assert her power. It's ridiculously sad. I can see someone having problems with one person, but there is no way that the kids, the assistant, the brother, and all of his friends are in the wrong.

by Carlareply 910/02/2013

Loved her Nina Lamont-ish character on "Cheers."

by Carlareply 1010/02/2013

Her house is her to a tea. Old and gaudy.

by Carlareply 1110/02/2013

She's a real lardass now.

Shades of Anna Nicole.

by Carlareply 1210/02/2013

Hi people from Datalounge!

by Carlareply 1310/02/2013

Loret-TA was a former member of the Grinning Americans. And the Lemon Sisters.

by Carlareply 1410/03/2013

she was always cheap Christmas trash--her game? $

by Carlareply 1510/03/2013

She was a big star in the late 80's. She had her own spinoff of one of the biggest comedies of all time. And she was married to Casey, who was insanely popular.

Shame she wasn't able to sustain her popularity.

by Carlareply 1610/03/2013

Where did Casey Kasem's money come from? I remember his nationally syndicated radio shows when I was a kid and a non-primetime Saturday TV show he had for a couple of years, but none of that went on forever, like say Dick Clark's endeavors (plus the latter turned into a powerful producer). Yet he somehow managed to have a mansion - along with the requisite high-maintenance trophy wife - comparable to those of big Hollywood moguls.

What gives?

by Carlareply 1710/03/2013

ruh roh

by Carlareply 1810/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Carlareply 1910/03/2013

I hope Howard Stern does not suffer the same fate as Casey..

by Carlareply 2010/03/2013

Hey Mr. DJ, put a record on...

by Carlareply 2110/03/2013

Howard Stern's wife gets along pretty well with his kids and friends.

by Carlareply 2210/03/2013

Hiya gang at Cheers!

by Carlareply 2310/03/2013

she was also the goofy blonde in the Ghostbuster movie. She was pretty funny back in the 80s.

by Carlareply 2410/03/2013

We get the hate, R7/R8/R12.

by Carlareply 2510/03/2013

Back when he married Jean in the 70's everyone in Los Angeles thought Jean was a transgender. Well what does DL think? She looks less MTF now with the weight & more feminine but I still veer towards Jean being a TG.

by Carlareply 2610/03/2013

Peter Falk's wife Shera Danise, another gold digger was the same way to his adopted kids from the first wife.

And Zsa Zsa's husband is the same towards her child.

It is neverending.

by Carlareply 2710/03/2013

R17 and R19. The answer you seek can be found on the article you are commenting about.

by Carlareply 2810/03/2013

R26 Jean's not TG, she had a baby

by Carlareply 2910/03/2013

Something here isn't meeting the eye and ear.

Anthing is possible,including that Mrs. Kasem may be enforcing her husband's wishes.

In the absence of evidence that Mrs. Kasem is abusing her husband, I find it questioanble that his children and others would deliberately make a spectacle.

by Carlareply 3010/03/2013

Casey's Top 40 radio show was likely a gold mine for him in the 70s and 80s. It cost very little to produce and was sold at top dollar to thousands of radio stations.

He also did a ton of voice over work. Also, when you voice an iconic character like Shaggy, they have to pay you top dollar to make all the Scooby Doo cartoons.

by Carlareply 3110/03/2013

Hungry Hungry Hippos.

by Carlareply 3210/03/2013

It's not unusual for children to make a spectacle, but for friends and co-workers to join in and take it so far is. If he hasn't been seen or heard from for three months then it is a concern. No one has seen him? That's not a good sign.

by Carlareply 3310/03/2013

Casey's shows from he 70s and 80s are still played on stations across the country every week. I'm a regular listener. Even on his deathbed, the old coot is making more than most of DL.

by Carlareply 3410/03/2013

Jean & Casey's kid Liberty seems like the saddest case of a delusional celebrity child since Rumer Willis. At least Room is the child of former A-listers. Oy.

by Carlareply 3510/03/2013

Seriously did Liberty have an accident? One eye is much more deeply set in than the other.

by Carlareply 3610/03/2013

Egads Liberty is hideous. Worst traits of both her parents.

It depends here - is Jean letting her own child visit her father while cutting the others off? That would say something.

The children/relatives and friends don't appear to be asking for anything, they just want to visit what could be one last time. If it were my father I'd move heaven and earth to do so.

by Carlareply 3710/03/2013

I feel bad for saying this, but Liberty has one wonky eyeball.

by Carlareply 3810/03/2013

Jean probably made a good amount of money from [italic]Cheers[/italic] + residuals from syndication. According to her wikipedia page, she has done voice work since then, and a few TV/movie appearances. She also owns a baby crib company.

She also has a child with him, so she would likely get a nice settlement in a divorce.

I am not convinced Jean is motivated by greed in this.

by Carlareply 3910/03/2013

[italic]".... revealing she and her brother and sister already know they have been excluded from Casey's will.[/italic]

For reasons they are perfectly well aware of.

by Carlareply 4010/03/2013

Holy moly Liberty makes Rumor look good.

by Carlareply 4110/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Carlareply 4210/03/2013

Here's Liberty's instagram. She seems really broken up about her father, if the boobish selfies, bragging about her wealth and obsession with her nails are any indication.

by Carlareply 4310/04/2013

Damn, r43. That is one unattractive woman.

by Carlareply 4410/04/2013

They're Lebanese. Enough said.

And why hasn't it occurred to anyone that Casey let Jean know he had had enough with visitors and people, and wanted to be left alone?

My father died with Parkinson's, and it was ugly, depressing and frustrating. He did not want visitors.

The long-term bad blood is enough to explain why Jean hasn't relaxed Casey's wish to be left alone and had the family tramp through. I wouldn't want to take that role, but I'm not a giant bleached aging freak show of a soon-to-be widow who is sick of playing interference with a bunch of saps.

by Carlareply 4510/04/2013

Liberty is pathetic.

by Carlareply 4610/04/2013

Are they gonna get a long distance dedication?

by Carlareply 4710/04/2013

Does Casey have a glass coffee table to use for those special nights?

by Carlareply 4810/04/2013

{quote}They're Lebanese. Enough said.

by Carlareply 4910/04/2013

um, r45, I said that at r30.

by Carlareply 5010/04/2013

Christ, you're so fucking original and the author of that thought, R50. Let's all step back and see that you get proper homage you think you deserve for your non-insight. Except that R45 related a personal experience which you hadn't. But this is DL where personal experiences are derided in favor of the detached "insight" from the few superiors.

by Carlareply 5110/05/2013

Way out of line, r50. r45's post has nothing to do with yours. What are you, six years old? "I said it first!"

by Carlareply 5210/05/2013

r51 and r52 - I think you are the ones who are way out of line.

R45 clearly asks the question:

[quote]And why hasn't it occurred to anyone that Casey let Jean know he had had enough with visitors and people, and wanted to be left alone?

And Della (or r30/r50) just pointed out in agreement, that it did occur to her as well...nothing like the "I said it first" crap you guys are trying to make it about.

You are being very immature.

by Carlareply 5310/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!