Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Luke Bryan

His concert is in a field just outside the city limits tonight, just a little over a half mile from my house. The concert goers can't get in until 5 and they're already taking over the streets of my small town at noon.

I'm tempted to go stay in the country tonight, but I'm afraid that some drunk ass redneck will crash into my camellias, or mailbox, or the fucking house itself, and not be held responsible.

One thing's for sure, I can't open the windows tonight without suffering from noise pollution.

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2013

You could take Bryan's advice and crash the party.

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2013

Find him in the fields after the concert, he will be the guy getting gang banged by closeted country boys. I'm sure he will let you partake to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2013

I'm a songwriter who lives in Nashville. I've known Luke for years. He used to room with a friend of mine, and I've written with him a few times. He is genuinely a very sweet, nice guy, but for the life of me I don't understand his success. He's good looking but not THAT good looking, and he sings ok, but that not THAT great. And his songs aren't much better or different than anybody else's. I know he projects this frat boy party image -- which isn't really who he is -- and maybe that made some primal connection to his fans? He's a landlocked Kenny Chesney? (I prefer Kenny's music, though; he has some real introspective, deeper songs mixed in with his party anthems.) At any rate, I'm happy for Luke and his manager -- whom I also know -- but his success stumps the fuck out of me. (BTW, he's totally straight. He knows I'm gay and has not one ounce of homophobia.)

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2013

Luke who? EXACTLY.

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2013

I love at one point you compare him to Kenny Chesney but then go on to say he is straight lol.

I have such a hard time believing that based on what I have seen of him, I want to believe you, and hell I could even believe that he likes to believe he is straight, but he basically gives off closet case 101 vibes.

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2013

I compared his music to Kenny Chesney's, not his life or vibe. Kenny is known for those party anthems, and Luke is, too, which is why I compared them. Their personalities are very very different. I've met Kenny a few random times, but don't know him well enough to say whether he's straight or not, but I think he is. I know Luke well enough to be quite certain that he is straight. He's a sweet, good natured guy -- and maybe that comes off as "gay" - but I assure you that he is straight. Thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2013

R3,what songs have you written with him? I think he's ok, not spectacular. Love his smile! He does seem to concentrate too much on the LET'S PARTY type of song and neglect the songs that have any real emotion. He needs more "Do I" and less "Crash My Party". One song("Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye"?)he recorded uptempo, but it begged to be more of a ballad, IMNTBHO. He does seem personable and is definitely cute. Did I mention that smile?

by Anonymousreply 710/02/2013

R3 no straight country male singer- even Kenny Chensey -shakes their ass like Luke Bryan. He may be sweet and et al, but the image he is passing off is all sexual. Maybe that is why he appears "gay" to some people. He also sounds like a more manly version of Jim Nabors. And though he is straight with you - he could be in the closet or gay with others. Or maybe he is just a stupid redneck enjoying ride because he doesn't know how he got on it or when it will stop.

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2013

Wow, I totally thought he was a homosexual but since you know him, and have told us otherwise, then I guess that settles it.

As a gay country music writer, I am sure you have tons of Nashville gossip, so lets hear it.

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2013

The utilities patched in for the concert, which was in a field, damaged the Comcast network causing a blackout of cable (and internet) from 2:30 to 10:43 PM. The concert goers overtaxed the Verizon tower causing data lockups and a phone call had to be attempted three to four times before it would finally go though, of course if it was to anyone on the same tower it was a toss up as to if they'd ring or send you straight to Voicemail.

If I wasn't a reader I'd have gone mad.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2013

We never did hear about that gossip from the record label's social media guy. I was thinking maybe you'd throw out a crumb to throw us off your trail.

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2013

I'm the guy who knows Luke. Is it me you're referring to as the label's social media guy?!? Far from it. I've just known Luke for a while, and, as I said, he was roommates with a friend of mine. I probably have some gossip to spill, but I got flamed something fierce the last time I said anything, so I'm not going to voluntarily say any gossip. But I do want to avow that Luke is straight. Perhaps is the dichotomy between his sweet, gentle nature and his sexy frat boy persona that gives the illusion that he's hiding something. He's not. And, yes, he does have a great smile. In person, he mocks Elvis' snarled smile a lot, and he has it down pat.

by Anonymousreply 1210/02/2013

R3 Luke Bryan was a songwriter first, he wrote music for others, so he was not totally unknown. IIRC, he was featured in some reality tv/documentary years ago when he started to sing. Back to his music, "kiss tomorrow goodbye" is one of the few country songs I actually bought.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

R3, you're not the co-writer of "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" and "Last Call" among others are you? If you are, I LOVE your work! If you ever have any appearances in Houston.... R13, I liked the lyrics to "Kiss Tomorrow...." but just didn't care for the tempo. I felt like it robbed the song of some of its feeling. Just my never to be humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

R12- are you Shane McAnally?

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

[quote]Perhaps is the dichotomy between his sweet, gentle nature and his sexy frat boy persona that gives the illusion that he's hiding something. He's not. And, yes, he does have a great smile

Seriously with this crap? This sounds like it comes right from a publicist. I don't buy what you are trying to sell regardless of whatever this nobody's sexuality is.

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2013

Don't be a fag, join the the fun, he is cute and has a great ass which he loves to shake.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

My question R15.. Just didn't want to mention any names.

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

[quote]he is cute and has a great ass which he loves to shake

That sounds very faggy

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

[quote]I'm afraid that some drunk ass redneck will crash into my camellias

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2013

No, I'm not Shane. And, even though Luke was a songwriter first -- he had a HUGE hit with a Billy Currington song "Wrong Directions" or something like that -- he wrote primarily to get noticed as an artist. The way it works in Nashville is that very few singers get noticed just for singing. Publishers sign potential artists with the hopes that they'll get a deal, at which point they're just printing money. The publishers hook them up with experienced writers, and they eventually get noticed by the labels and producers. Labels don't really sign anyone who doesn't start out as a writer, and publishers, these days, rarely sign anyone who doesn't want to be an artist. But Luke didn't want to stay a writer: he wanted to be an artist, and I'm glad it worked out for him.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

R21- Good Directions is the name of the song- hell I don't even work in Nashville as a songwriter and I know that.

by Anonymousreply 2210/04/2013

Forgive me, R21, for being disappointed that you're not Shane. I love that guy's writing and his voice! Can you tell us some of your successful songs?

by Anonymousreply 2310/04/2013

Shane! Shane!!!! Come back, Shane!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.