Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Scarborough is being more insufferable than ever on Morning Joe.

Although he rags on the TeaPartiers and their intent to destroy government, he never missed an opportunity to tear down Obama as well. NO ONE stands up to him. He tore into Mika yesterday and now she looks like she's suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Can he just go away or to Fox? I hate having to mute almost everything he says these days.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3709/07/2014

Joe has to appease his demographic. 10 or 15 years ago, I'd believe he was a real ASSHOLE.

Now that he's lived the soft life in NYC, I think his viewpoint has been tempered.

Still, his show is the ONLY one on MSNBC with a Republican slant, so he has to please the mouth breathers.

Even so, I can tell that he has so much contempt for Republicans at this point in time. Then again, who wouldnt'?

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 110/02/2013

I had to stop watching. I like their guests but Joe is insufferable. He shouts over those he disagrees with and as a true Republican does not care for the use of facts. Mika is a total waste as she makes faces but very rarely confronts him.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 210/02/2013

Why is bitch-faced Mika even on the show? All she does is sit there and make silly faces while Joe goes off on Obama all morning. It's like she's afraid to have an opinion. I've never heard her say anything remotely interesting or insightful.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 310/02/2013

I love the other day when the camera went back to him after Ezra Klein explained how Affordable Care worked and he was eating a bowl of cereal. He didn't seem like he heard a word Ezra said.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 410/02/2013

I can't watch it anymore, Scarborough might as well be at Faux Noise, he's oblivious to facts, and has no respect for anyone else.

Ari Melber should replace him. Then I would watch the show.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 510/02/2013

I can't stand that blowhard John Meacham. He's the male equivalent of Peggy Noonan, with his snooty way of speaking and his nose permanently stuck in the air.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 610/02/2013

Excerpted from LegalSchnauzer: Many Americans probably have forgotten, or never knew, that a 28-year-old female staff member was found dead in the summer of 2001 in the office of U.S. Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-FL). Officials in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, determined that Lori Klausutis died from an accident. The mainstream press largely ignored the case, but our review of several investigative reports indicates the official finding is highly questionable.

Does that mean Joe Scarborough is a murderer? No. But we suspect someone who had access to Scarborough’s office in 2001 is a murderer. We find it unlikely that the head trauma that killed Lori Klausutis was the result of an accident.

We hardly are the first to raise the “murder” issue that surrounds Scarborough. Two liberal icons, filmmaker Michael Moore and Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas, made references to it and wound up in public spats with Scarborough.

Since Scarborough himself doesn’t shy away from the topic, we won’t either. The subject is of particular interest here in Alabama because Scarborough is a graduate of the University of Alabama and is pals with former Gov. Bob Riley and his son, Homewood attorney Rob Riley. The Rileys probably are one of the sleaziest father/son tandems in the history of American politics. Regardless of what one might conclude about the Lori Klausutis death, any would-be voter should be alarmed by Scarborough’s ties to the Rileys–especially since dead bodies mysteriously kept popping up around Alabama in the final year of Big Bob’s reign.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 710/02/2013

It's a good show. If you can ignore Joe and Mika that is. His self-congratulatory attitude and war stories, his defensive "I was the first to point out" and "I say this about people on the left and about people on the right, his self-conscious false equivalencies, and her sourpuss facemaking and mothering the boys, their combined lack of intellect, all make for a very tired experience. But they have good guests and often have great panelists.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 810/02/2013

Isn't Morning Joe the lowest-rated show on MSNBC?

Now with Alex had some hot guy panelists on today. Is it just me, or are the liberal pundits getting hotter and hotter? Does anybody know anything about Jeremy Peters of the NYT?

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 910/02/2013

Ha...I agree R9. From Josh Barro (sigh) to Ari Melber to the incredibly handsome Dorian Warren it is no longer a choice between Michael Moore and Bill Maher. I love my Sat and Sun am shows.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1010/02/2013

I've decided the only reason I watch it is b/c of the music. It's like subliminal marketing.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1110/02/2013

[quote]I love the other day when the camera went back to him after Ezra Klein explained how Affordable Care worked and he was eating a bowl of cereal. He didn't seem like he heard a word Ezra said.

I confess I am starting to crush on Ezra. I think it's his nerdish qualities, and intelligence, and voice that are reeling me in. Gotta love those full lips too...

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1210/02/2013

Some of us don't bother with people we find insufferable, particularly the ones who make money out of it and our attendance.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1310/02/2013

The only thing I remember about Joe Scarborough was that he was an anchor on the local stations in nyc.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1410/02/2013

They need to fire both Joe and Mika and give Joy Reid who own one-woman morning show. She is the smartest, most articulate person on TV.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1510/02/2013

R14 is thinking of Chuck Scarborough.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1610/02/2013

I gave up many months ago. CBS Morning News with Charlie Rose is pretty much fluff-free.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1710/02/2013

I have found Joe a little harder to "digest" these last few weeks. He's been laying the right-wing rhetoric on a little thick lately.

I actually find Mika to be a bright spot in the show. Yes, she's not the sharpest, but she brings some levity to the mix.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1810/02/2013

I don't really care that he rags on Obama. What I care about is that NO ONE challenges him on his lover, REAGAN.

Christ, Scarborough claims he went into politics in 1994 because of the debt. Will SOMEONE point out to this liar/ignoramus that it was Reagan's debt? That Reagan tripled the national debt???

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 1910/02/2013

"I can't stand that blowhard John Meacham."

Meachum is a dumb fuck too. Talking about the 1992 pres election, he referred to Pat Buchanan as "Governor Buchanan." He also said that Reaganomics "worked." Reaganomics tripled the national debt. The economy improved in the 1980s because the Fed Reserve, namely chair Paul Volcker (appointed by Carter), manipulated interest rates. Which had nothing to do with Reagan.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2010/02/2013

Scarborough's show is absolutely unwatchable. Sometime before the 2012 campaign began heating up, I realized that Chuck's blowhard routine and Mika's vapid routine were irritating and boring me every day.

I wish PBS would come up with a morning "Newshour" type of thing but it's Kiddie Time for them and I suppose that's fair enough.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2110/02/2013

Who is Chuck?

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2210/02/2013

I tried to watch it. I liked some the people they had on. But I don't watch it anymore. Scarborough is insufferable, Mika is an embarrassment, and they are disgusting. So, no. No Morning Joe for me. The concept has potential. They should have put Willie Geisz in that slot with a real female counterpart.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2310/02/2013

Can they get a woman with a pair of ovaries as a sidekick on that show? Mika just agrees with him like he's her father. It's really pathetic.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2410/02/2013

Now that he has reached a level of shrillness the show has lost its center. I stopped watching a few weeks ago.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2510/02/2013

CNN's morning show isn't much better, but at least Chris Cuomo has been going after Republicans lately. He rips them apart during interviews.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2610/02/2013

This morning he was defending the Repugs selective funding idea and brought up the children with cancer who can't get treatment and the WWII vets who can't get to the Memorial in WA. When challenged that the whole issue would be solved if the Repubs would just pass the bill without the strings of defunding Obamacare he lashed out at Richard Woolf as not having an answer to his lie regarding cancer kids on death door. NO ONE challenged him on this...lots of nervous looks amongst the panelists. I had to flip channels and when I came back later he was interviewing Coach Rick Pitino and everything was hunky dory. I realize now that I most enjoyed this show when Bush was in office and there was nothing he could defend about his party. He actually was palatable. Now he's verging on Michelle Bachmann territory. It seems that it can only be a matter of time before the rest of the MSNBC staff refuses to appear on his show.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2710/03/2013

Why Joe Scarborough went to MSNBC instead of Fox News?

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2810/03/2013

Joe doesn't like smart women, so he will never stand for someone other than the likes of Mika as a regular on his show. Anyway, I don't watch his show.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 2910/03/2013

Look, its all a circus. They're there to pull in a big paycheck, which means not rocking the boat.

I stopped watching all of this shit after the 2012 elections and my life has markedly approved. Why do I need to sit and listen to this clown, or even someone like Maddow?

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3010/03/2013

I hardly ever watch Joe Scarborough. He is a prick. I just wait until 10 when Chris Jansing comes on. Chuck Todd I can watch every now and then.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3110/06/2013

Morning Joe is the best morning show. Of course, it would be even better if they edited most of Joe's remarks. It's because of the guests. Some have gotten a bit braver lately in disagreeing with Joe, but he still manages to blow hard.

Mika is doing some segments on her own and those aren't bad. She lets interesting guests actually talk.

There are days I just can't take it, though. I am a furloughed fed and have not watched the show since Wednesday morning. I can't tolerate Joe lie and misinterpret everything.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3210/06/2013

I agree R32. He sits there and talks shit and overtalks anyone who refutes him. It's interesting that Rachel and Chris NEVER appear on his show. I saw Richard Woolf on recently and he looked like he was ready to slit Joe's throat.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3310/08/2013

Chris Matthews was on the show recently. He's pushing his new book. I can't remember if Joe was there for the segment or not, but he probably was.

People talk about Joe maybe running for office again. I don't think he will. He's never had it so good. He gets to play all day and makes a fortune doing it. And the ratings have to be very good for cable so he will continue to have the opportunity. Brilliant marketing by Starbucks.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3410/19/2013

There he goes..... to Meet the Press.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3509/05/2014

[quote]I confess I am starting to crush on Ezra. I think it's his nerdish qualities, and intelligence, and voice that are reeling me in.

I want to agree more, but his SPEECH, is so problematic!

He has a speech isue similar to Andersen Cooper's, where he pronounces a "double t" (tt) sound like a "d", for instance "button" becomes "buddin", and Manhattan is "Manhaddin". He also has a devil of a time with the word "particular" favoring the pronunciation "par-tikka-lur"! Alarming.

It's so nice when people in TELEVISION BROADCASTING do NOT have noticeable speech impediments. I never thought we'd see the end of Barbara Walters (her tv career is BAFFLING to me to this day!), or the horrible Rudy Giuliani, whose vocal production sets my teeth on edge.

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3609/05/2014

I loved his song "Believe it or not"

by Bobby from Rhode Islandreply 3709/07/2014
Need more help? Click Here.