Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 1 reruns on Logo

Caught the very first episode last night (didn't start watching until Season 3). Boy, was it low-budget at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2013

Jade Sotomayor is the hottest contestant out of drag they've ever had on the show. Just a pretty, pretty boy.

by Anonymousreply 110/21/2013

Rebecca Glasscock was a bitch from the word go.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2013

[quote]Boy, was it low-budget at the beginning.

Honey, its low-budget now too.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2013

Jade is still amazingly hot out of drag. He works as a boy gogo dancer as well as a female impersonator. His main problem in drag is that his dick is so huge he can't tuck.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2013

[quote]Honey, its low-budget now too.

Well, yeah, but then it looked like it was shot on an entry-level smartphone, and the mainstage looked like it was set up in Ru's garage.

[quote]His main problem in drag is that his dick is so huge he can't tuck.

I noticed that. :) I don't think he looks that great in drag period -- he's just too hot as a boy.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2013

I was occasionally reading his blog before the show debuted, and I thought, poor Ru, going on about his new project which was destined to failure. But he knew what he was doing, obviously. I've actually seen the original season 3 or 4 times because I saved my downloaded episodes of it. But it is my least favorite season. I don't know if you can download the "pop-up" version currently airing, but that'd be the only reason I'd watch it again.

One interesting thing I read about the show is it was shut-out of the GLAAD awards because they considered it a bad image for gay people. What, they don't like drag queens? It's a fucked reaction to the show whatever the issue. We love the campiness and cat-fights, but I think the show has a serious side too and addresses the issue of homophobia well. There's always lots of discussion of it between the queens, such as the reunions with formerly homophobic family members. GLAAD needs to get over themselves and give this popular show some of their awards.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2013

[quote]We love the campiness and cat-fights, but I think the show has a serious side too and addresses the issue of homophobia well.

The moments that focus on obstacles the contestants have faced as gay men (or in at least one instance transgendered women)... the moments when they receive video greetings from family members from whom they'd been estranged... those moments cut deep into what we go through and are truly moving, beyond the camp. They're the best damn moments on reality TV, and it's so telling that the show hasn't really been recognized for its quality.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2013

Vid is a few years old, but Tatianna from Season 2 is a cutie out of drag too. I could have sworn he transitioned to female before I saw this.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

I love some Tammie Brown with an "IE"!

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2013

Bump...then twirl

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.