Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Katy Perry's New 90's Inspired Single

"Walking on Air" is straight out of 1992.

Do you miss 90's dance music?

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2013

I sure miss 90's dance music, but this untalented bitch can't do it justice.

It's so sad that people like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Rihanna are killing the charts right now. Tone deaf people like these used to be only one hit wonders, but right now it seems like they're here to stay and aren't going away anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

[quote]Tone deaf people like these used to be only one hit wonders, but right now it seems like they're here to stay and aren't going away anytime soon.

Because everyone in the 90s had perfect pitch.

I liked the song. I can't see putting Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus in the same category.

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

I like her, but that's fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

Pretty sucky.

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

"Her" music is so dead sounding. But I suspect that is the point.

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

I've said it a million times, but this is why the music industry is shit and has been shit since the late 90s. NOTHING original anymore and no new sounds. This song has a beat that could have been heard in the early 90s. Most music we hear today either samples beats or are "inspired" by beats from the 70s, 80s and early 90s.

I don't understand why someone can't come up with new musical sounds.

As for the vocals, the falsetto lyric "I'm walking on airrrr" is nice but the rest of Katy's notes are abrasive to the ear.

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

garbage.

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

If you all knew how much work and man hours it took to make Katy sound like that on the record, you'd be shocked. It sounds like one voice, but it's layers and layers and layers of effects, vocaligning, Melodyne copies that are harmonized, backup singers, etc., just to make her sound decent. And her voice after all that is still pretty weird to listen to...not exactly pleasant. Katy is like Britney x 10000....Katy can't sing for SHIT. But she has "artistic vision" and is basically just a very good project manager.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2013

Well, the 1990s are in vogue again, but like others have stated, I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

I gave this another listen and determined that this is a good song. Updated early-90s house music with a modern edge and weird, obtuse lyrics. Knowing Katy, though, I'm sure the "Walking on Air" is in reference to summoning demons or how she felt as the result of MK-Ultra drug-induced psychosis. Write what you know, right?

by Anonymousreply 1310/01/2013

She's been dead to me since "Ur So Gay".

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.