Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does anyone else think the Tom Hanks movie about Somali pirates will be huge?

A certain segment of the population has been champing at the bit to see black villains in movies. Will they even mention that these fisherman turned pirates out of necessity to fight things like French freighters dumping nuclear waste in Somalia's waters?

by Anonymousreply 2609/30/2013

I think men from Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea are so handsome. Are they mixed with Arabs? They have actual curls, much different hair texture than many other Africans, usually (but not always) their hair is tight coils. The men from the region are unmistakable. I was in Norway a few years ago and I knew right away the black men I saw were Somali refugees.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

Do people even go to movies anymore?

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

There was a Danish film with a similar plot that nobody went to see. Hijacking it was called. Was released a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

It is based on a true story! The real question is will Tom Hank's drop pants and pee like he has in most of his other flicks?

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

Yes! I've heard there will be a scene where Catherine Keener's character gets stung by a jellyfish so Tom Hanks pees on her to ease the pain!

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

Tom hanks is as boring as Kevin Costner.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

Tom hanks isn't Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

I have no idea if the movie will represent the pirates in an intelligent and fair way, OP. But I do think it will be huge, mostly because Paul Greengrass is a great director.

Tom Hanks is not Jewish, r7. Where the fuck did you get that from? Even if he were Jewish, which he isn't, why not take your anti-Semitic ignorant crap and go fuck yourself!

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

They basically showed the entire film last night during an ad on Breaking Bad except or the ending. And since it's a real story, we know the ending.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2013

For anyone interested, Hanks parents were Catholic and Mormon, is of English and Portuguese descent, and was evangelical as a teenager.

Nice try, r7. Perhaps you should pick on an actually Jewish target for your racist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

Am not surprised he is Portuguese. That explains a lot. Including a Greek wife.

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

A couple of weeks ago, on Talk Like A Pirate Day, I tweeted this photo. Nobody got it. Why is everyone so dull?

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

Tom Hanks wears a wig, correct? Too bad. His hair was nice when he was younger, and it's no shame to be a bald man when you're pushing fifty.

by Anonymousreply 1509/30/2013

[quote]it's no shame to be a bald man when you're pushing fifty.

He's 57.

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2013

All the more reason to be a proud, bald, old man.

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2013

[quotes]Will they even mention that these fisherman turned pirates out of necessity to fight things like French freighters dumping nuclear waste in Somalia's waters?

Oh THAT'S why they did it. I always wondered.

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

"And since it's a real story, we know the ending."

Your point, r11?

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

Is this about the Merchant and Marine ship the pirates took over and kidnapped the Captain? It will be interesting to see if it follows what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

DEATH to "Does anyone else think?" and "Am I the only one who thinks?"

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

Yes, but does Hanks' "Captain Phillips" utter any lines about a nice bowl of "Chowdah"?

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

If you'd let them continue on the path of self determination, things would've been fine but we just had to intervene. Find the biggest bullies and prop them up.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

The barely hidden American junta b.s. grates, per usual.

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

I hope they show how the pirates get shot in the head. They deserve to die.

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2609/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!