Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Daniel Radcliffe On His “Groundbreaking, Beautiful” Gay Sex Scene In “Kill Your Darlings”

I felt like I was breaking new ground. Most actors grow up doing a lot of small movies and then get something big, but I started on the biggest film in the world. So it’s an experience that I haven’t had. I’m sure some people will be slightly… err… startled by the gay sex scene though. It’s actually not graphic. You don’t actually see anything. What’s graphic is the emotion of the scene. It’s a very vulnerable, slightly afraid moment. It’s beautiful and tender as a consequence of that.”

– Daniel Radcliffe gushing about his oft-discussed gay sex scene from the Allen Ginsberg biopic, Kill Your Darlings, to Total Film, via Radio Times.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013

I wonder what it does to an actor's ambition and motivation when he makes so much money early on, that he never has to work for money again. At least Radcliffe seems to be doing projects that interest him now.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

Will it be like the love scene in Maurice between Rupert Graves and James Willby? That was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

He was just on with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. He is so CUTE! The film looks interesting too. It opens here in NY and in LA on 10/16.

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

I'm not attracted to Daniel Radcliffe, but I have to say that he's such a likable guy! I hated Harry Potter too.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

In a tub with JON HAMM

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2013

New ground? Bull shit.

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2013

Looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2013

79% fresh on RT, so far. Opens 10/16/13.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2013

Right now on Fresh Air (Terry Gross) on NPR.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2013

He likes himself, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2013

He always plays gay roles.

He's terribly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2013

r11, I looked at his credits on imdb.com and see Kill Your Darlings as his only gay role.

On stage neither character in Equus or How to Succeed were gay.

What other roles do you have in mind?

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2013

He is sooooo close to coming out. He was on WWHL last week and it was on the tip of his tongue the entire time. I'm sure that Andy C. wishes something else was there too.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!