Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Good Wife: New Season (9/13)

Old thread link below.

...where will Kalinda end up? And what of the strangely perky Robyn?

...will Peter manage to promote all the pretty girls out of his line of sight?

...will Grace Florrick get into more boring, icky trouble?

...will Diane get her judgeship?

...and will Alicia ever find a man who's not kind of a sleaze?

I don't really care that much about Will, because he's kind of a jerk. Cary is nothing but that self-satisfied smile, & Eli's great, because he's completely untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 60003/20/2014

[quote]& Eli's great, because he's completely untrustworthy.

Yes, but you can always trust this seasoned political manipulator to react to any little bit of news, no matter how small, by jacking his eyebrows all the way up to Jesus and sucking in his cheeks like he's sucking a lemon.

Cumming always mistakes a rather cheesy network drama for a completely over-the-top cheese fest of an xmas panto in Leeds.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

Bump for new thread.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

I'm so happy this show is back. More Cary Less Clothes!

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

Will Matt Czurchy still be hot? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

If Diane gets her judgeship - will Florrick and Agos become THE firm? Will Will come to work for Alicia? Is this a major overhaul?

I'm tired of that sleazeball who is the divorce attorney, the one who asked Kalinda for info on the 4th year associates. If they get rid of him in the process, so much the better.

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

It felt like a weak opening to the season.

More like a set-up for the rest of the season and reminder of the characters and plots.

I didn't care about the death row case, but it helped explain some of the legal maneuvers I've read about in real cases.

Still, I love this show and will continue to watch...

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

[quote]Cumming always mistakes a rather cheesy network drama for a completely over-the-top cheese fest of an xmas panto in Leeds.

Thank you, Tom, nice to have you with us.

I love Alan Cumming, always have. He's my favorite character in pretty much anything he takes on, including The Good Wife. I even liked him as a super tree frog in that superhero movie.

Margulies is both totally annoying and stupifyingly uninteresting. Was she better on ER? I never watched it. The supporting cast make The Good Wife watchable.

That chick Eli "promoted" away from Chris Noth last night, Melissa Something, always plays highly sexualized characters. She'll be fucking somebody (Eli? Peter?) before too many episodes have passed.

I was disappointed to find that they are trying to turn the Jesus-freak daughter into an object of desire, instead of the hunky son as they should have done.

Other than sexpot Melissa Whatever, does anyone know what other guest stars they are bringing in this season?

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

Jason O'Mara and Ben Rappaport will be guest starring this season. Also, look for the return of Nathan Lane and the brilliant Carrie Preston.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

Shit--missed it last night and its not on xfinity on demand yet. Why?

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

You can watch it on the CBS website r9.

It was tense. Do you think the 4th years will fall apart and Alicia will end up staying with Lockhart Gardner? I hope she doesn't have a falling out with Cary because I love their relationship. Those two and Kalinda make a great team. But Alicia is really in a dangerous spot right now.

I used to like David Lee; he was so obnoxious and he didn't care who he offended but now he's a jerk to Alicia--all the partners were, when her partnership was rescinded last year. That was brutal.

Is Alan Cumming being written out of the show? His character's handling of the promotion [sic] of the blonde woman was badly done. He's supposed to be smart and clever about those things and he just baldly told her she was shifted to Transport. Girl is not a happy camper. I wonder if it's an indication that Eli is losing his touch.

I'd forgotten that Diane was aiming for a judgeship. That storyline was not mentioned last night.

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

Thanks for this thread, i had no idea the new season started. I just watched it on demand.

I liked it! Looks promising so far.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2013

[quote]Do you think the 4th years will fall apart and Alicia will end up staying with Lockhart Gardner?

No because I am not sure there will be a Lockhart Gardner. Gardner is basically gone from the show soon. Feh.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

I was underwhelmed by the episode, but the rest of the season looks good. More Carey is needed.

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

My favorite show

by Anonymousreply 1410/01/2013

what r12? Will is leaving? oooh that's a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1510/01/2013

Josh Charles will be on the entire season, but it may be his last season. He signed a contract last year for one year. He may leave after that

by Anonymousreply 1610/01/2013

So Diane gets a judgeship and it becomes Gardner, Florrick & Agos?

But wouldn't that curtail Baranski's appearances?

by Anonymousreply 1710/01/2013

Episode 5 is supposed to be wild

From an interview with Zach Grenier (David Lee)

I: Graham Phillips tweeted that the fifth episode this season would be The Good Wife’s Red Wedding.

Z.G: Now I’m showing my ignorance — the Red Wedding?

I: It’s a Game of Thrones reference referring to a very bloody surprise.

Z.G: Oh, oh, yeah. Well, there’s a lot of blood on the floor in the fifth episode. Everything leads up to it. Imagine what takes place when a star is unstable, the kind of destruction that happens. I’m coming up with astronomical metaphors now. The Big Bang. It’s that huge what happens. A couple of universes get created.

by Anonymousreply 1810/01/2013

thanks for the link R18, i'm looking forward to it! wonder what that could be...

does david lee know about Alicia and will? maybe he'll leak it to the press and cause some havoc.

Kalinda will be pissed at Alicia for not trying to bring her to the new firm. She knows a lot of Alicia's secrets...

by Anonymousreply 1910/01/2013

I loved the opener but agree about the vile Cumming. He is in some weird panto. Bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 2010/01/2013

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Cumming in this. Not just him but most of his story lines, which it seems they add for comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2013

[quote]But wouldn't that curtail Baranski's appearances?

Wouldn't that be grand? Baranski's time-warp channeling of Barbara Walters as fierce lawyer/vixen makes Cumming's panto played for the cheapest seats seem the last word in nuance.

by Anonymousreply 2210/01/2013

...and I love Baranski. She is fierce and intense as would be required of a woman in her position.

by Anonymousreply 2310/01/2013

I think The Good Wife has given Cumming, Baranski and Lane their best and most different roles in years and all of them have really delivered. Some shake up must be coming as Baranski is in England shooting Into the Woods.

by Anonymousreply 2410/01/2013

Well, they've already shot the notorious Episode 5. Maybe part of the bloodshed is that Diane shuts down the firm and leaves town hastily. Then she comes back in January.

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2013

Will the show ever go there with Alicia and Cary?

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2013

I think it was weak too. The telecommuting Frau on the Segway is a ridiculous gimmick that needs to be dropped.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2013

[quote]Kalinda will be pissed at Alicia for not trying to bring her to the new firm. She knows a lot of Alicia's secrets...

Cary asked Kalinda to come with them. She went back to Will and negotiated a better pkg with insurance and Cary couldn't match it.

This is my favorite show. I hate it when actors start to get antsy and leave because good shows are so rare.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2013

I was overwhelmed by the season opening episode, because last season was such a bore. The rest of the season looks REALLY good.

Yes, more Carey is needed. Preferably naked.

by Anonymousreply 2910/01/2013

[quote]Josh Charles will be on the entire season, but it may be his last season. He signed a contract last year for one year. He may leave after that.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong. I am checking it out.

by Anonymousreply 3010/01/2013

Sounds like Josh hasn't made up his mind.

by Anonymousreply 3110/03/2013

I'd be sad if Josh left. Aside from the sexual tension with Alicia, Will walks the line between ethical and unethical behavior. Interesting to see it play out.

by Anonymousreply 3210/04/2013

Oh, geez. It's going to start WAY late tonight. About 9:45?

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2013

That's what I hear, R33. 9:44 tonight. God, I hate sports, and I curse CBS for not putting the Good Wife on Fridays before Blue Bloods.

In my next life, sports fans will be the despised minority.

by Anonymousreply 3410/06/2013

R31, it's called contract negotiation, asking for more $$$.

by Anonymousreply 3510/06/2013

R24, Baranski is commuting back and forth from London to NY. She won't be written out.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2013

44 more minutes

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2013

alicia's mother looks like shit. her face lift is awful!

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2013

Though, interestingly, Stockard Channing is believable, looks-wise as someone who could actually be Alicia's mother. And since she's supposed to be a heavy drinker, the puffiness & bad work (which I hope is more makeup than Stockard) also works.

Wow. Looks the whole firm is gonna blow up good starting next week.

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2013

Love the show. Hate that I have to guess what the fuck time it's going to start because of the damn football games. Why can't they put it on another night or put the fucking games on ESPN or something.

Not once ever (except once when an earthquake happened in the middle of a baseball game) did any sports show ever get interrupted or had to come on late because of some other show yet sports shows get to run as long as they want and cause other shows to come on late and the entire schedule to be fucked up.

How did sports get to rule so much in this country?

by Anonymousreply 4010/06/2013

I LOVE R40.

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2013

I'd checked the TV schedule online in the afternoon and it said it was due to start at 9:30 so looks like networks are starting to get more realistic with the schedule times.

I admit, I didn't follow most of the NSA interception story. It's not really *people* listening and reading emails, isn't it computers?

The cone of silence for judge and prosecutors in the ChumHum case was extremely disturbing, is that based on reality?

It's all so complicated!!!

by Anonymousreply 4210/07/2013

R42, I liked The Good Wife more when it wasn't about all this partnership/ownership crap. That stuff reminds me of everyone fighting over "Who Owns Spaulding?" on Guiding Light.

I liked the NSA aspect of the story because Tobias Segal, who played the computer guy on the left, is hot. He reminds me of Van Hansis.

Other than that, TGW is getting boring. Internecine warfare stories suck. I vacuumed the living room last night while it was on.

by Anonymousreply 4310/07/2013

Terrible continuity error in this episode. When Alicia's on the phone with Will you see the same two guys on both sets behind both characters.

by Anonymousreply 4410/07/2013

It's AMAZING how some of these actors screw up their looks with plastic surgery/fillers. Stockard Channing looked horrible. I actually forgot she was Alicia's mother and thought she was trying to play her sister.

by Anonymousreply 4510/07/2013

I was in Provincetown doing lesbian things. What happened this week?

by Anonymousreply 4610/15/2013

Because people watch it, r40. I hate it as much as you do, but the facts are the facts.

by Anonymousreply 4710/15/2013

Include me in the Baranski haters. She's played that icy bitch role for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 4810/15/2013

Okay. Josh is going scorched earth on Diane for that interview but while he is meeting with the partners he is being very careful to not look like he's the chief instigator to get her removed... Did I read that correctly?

I am curious to know where they are heading with all this. Diane > judge, Alicia and Cary > own firm, Will > probably back to being investigated. Does the firm just cease to exist? Someone said Nathan Lane was due to guest star again.

And Kalinda didn't know that Alicia was bailing out? I just assumed she knew. Also Miss Perky Ethics person knows, due to the rent thing, so this has got to come out very soon.

Managing partner vs own firm. Jeez, the tension.

by Anonymousreply 4910/15/2013

Sunday's episode was very good. The show is back to focusing on the law firm and doesn't have some ridiculous stpryline like Kalinda's husband mucking things up.

"Scorched earth" is a good way to describe Will's actions. It will be interesting to see if L/G comes tumbling down when Florrick - Agos opens.

Peter, Peter, Peter - stay away from the blond running the ethics dept! go j/o with Eli if necessary, but stay away!

by Anonymousreply 5010/15/2013

I don't think Diane is actually going to get her judgeship. I think she'll get screwed by the Chief Justice and end up at Florrick-Agos.

Florrick-Agos will become Lockhart-Agos when Alicia goes back to Gardner and it becomes Gardner-Florrick.

Peter screws the ethics babe. Of course. Eli loses his mind over it. Of course.

I want the flaky red-head lawyer savant to come back full time. Love her.

David Lee marries Alicia's mother, hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 5110/15/2013

Will Nathan Lane come back to continue his crush on Cary?

by Anonymousreply 5210/15/2013

[quote] And Kalinda didn't know that Alicia was bailing out? I just assumed she knew.

I did too when I watched that, but thinking back it was just going to be Cary and the 4th year associates starting a firm. He wanted to leave after they picked Alicia as a partner. I think Alicia wanted to get away from Will because she still has feelings for him

by Anonymousreply 5310/15/2013

i don't think that whorish ethics lady will have an affair with Alicia's husband, I think they will be caught kissing by Alicia and Alicia will go back to Will for a fling, a couple of fucks at least. He was pissed at her for being part of the group leaving (he angrily cleared her desk with a sweep of his hand in the preview for next wk)so it will be a very hot and dirty sex. Will will always love Alicia and Alicia feels bad for not telling will abt leaving plus she's angry at her husband.

by Anonymousreply 5410/15/2013

This season is great so far. Much better than last year.

by Anonymousreply 5510/16/2013

Wow r51, won't all that firm-hopping damage Alicia's reputation?

Just from a writing standpoint, I think they've got to keep the firm intact. The three main characters are Alicia, Will and Diane (at the firm). If Alicia leaves with Cary, Diane takes the judgeship, and Will--the actor who might not renew his contract--stays in the orig firm, then the writers have to scramble for ways to keep them all on screen. It's not like they can do Will as opposing counsel and Diane as judge every week.

by Anonymousreply 5610/16/2013

With Homeland and Downton both tanking so bad this season, it's amazing to see a show get so much better, not worse, than its recent seasons.

by Anonymousreply 5710/16/2013

R56, I agree with R51 that Diane probably won't get the judgeship.

Doubt she will go back to Will's firm, she'll join Cary.

I think Alicia might end up staying and accepting the managing partner position. So there will be continued sexual tension between Will and Alicia which is what I want to see. However, I don't want to see them doing it.

I hate that fucking blonde whore.

by Anonymousreply 5810/16/2013

But Peter said the judgeship was his decision - he essentially told that supreme that he intended to appoint Diane no matter what.

Would love to see Diane go work for Florrick-Agos but don't know how they would get her out of the judgeship,

I don't think Alicua will take Will's offer - I think she saw, in how Will handled Diane, Will's dark side that she doesn't like. That's why it ended with her telling Cary they needed to leave that week.

by Anonymousreply 5910/16/2013

Re last season, Kalinda's husband was a dud. I thought her back story would be so much more complicated... Middle-Eastern spouse with a lot of money and power with the State's Attorney giving her a new identity in return for testifying against him, yadda yadda, no.

The middle part of the season was good in the episodes where Alicia was offered a partnership only to find out that several others were as well and then it was yanked away from all of them because it meant a smaller dividend for the other partners and then they offered it to her and only her and she had to suck it up and shake everyone's hand. The finale when she opened the door to Cary and said, I'm in, was just brilliant.

There was also a nice spate of crazy lawyers and/or judges.

by Anonymousreply 6010/16/2013

Loving this season. And in either this Sundays episode or the following one, everything is supposed to blow up.

by Anonymousreply 6110/16/2013

r39, they should have hired Debbie Harry to play Alicia's mother. Channing does not look anything like JM. JM, however, has always looked like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 6210/17/2013

Since Will has Kalinda digging up dirt on Diane and since after she hosed him in an interview, I think it very possible that he may choose to go public with whatever Kalinda finds out. This could poison her chances of becoming a judge and put her in play for Cary's firm.

by Anonymousreply 6310/17/2013

And the show would not have involved Kalinda unless it was major part of the plot. She will find something on Diane.

by Anonymousreply 6410/17/2013

Also Kalinda was surprised to learn that Alicia is leaving with Cary. Alicia should have confided in Kalinda but then Kalinda didn't discuss her offer with Alicia so maybe this is a non-starter.

by Anonymousreply 6510/17/2013

I hope Alicia leaves with Cary. It will create new and exciting storylines as the firms fight one another.

by Anonymousreply 6610/17/2013

This season has been great so far. Loving Diane and Will turning bitter, it's very real.

The couple in the last episode should have just adopted a baby. They already had a baby with health problems, they clearly had the money to adopt. I totally believed the surrogate had a threesome though.

by Anonymousreply 6710/17/2013

I'd completely forgotten about the case du jour... how did it end?

by Anonymousreply 6810/18/2013

Whoa. They just keep raising the stakes. Great work from Baranski. Everything is up in the air with her now: she's married her rightwing beau, she's taken the exit deal from Lockhart Gardner; and SHE's the one who figured out that Alicia's leaving in 2 or 3 deductions while the others have been floundering around about it.

Also: Magic Pixie Lawyer Tasioni saves the day again...

Next week's going to be good.

by Anonymousreply 6910/20/2013

Next week's going to be EPIC. The title of it is"Hits The Fan" and that ain't for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 7010/20/2013

Next week looks amazing. I like Angry Will.

by Anonymousreply 7110/20/2013

Raising the stakes is right.

I think they need to remind us why it seemed so important for Cary and Alicia to form their own firm because right now it looks like a train wreck.

Next week, whooo boy.

by Anonymousreply 7210/20/2013

...and Kalinda slept with the paralegal...

by Anonymousreply 7310/20/2013

When Alicia was offered partnership, I think her investment amount was around or over $600,000. I wonder if her amount exceeds Will and/or Diane or any of their lessors.

by Anonymousreply 7410/21/2013

Diane's marriage was not a complete surprise. I have watched every episode of the show, but do not remember much about her private life. Has she been married before?

It wasn't bad that his 'friends' were all attractive young women, but they did not really discuss it in any depth...that's a red flag in any relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7510/21/2013

I hope they don't do the obvious with Diane's marriage and turn the guy into a flat-out jerk a couple episodes later. His lack of friends, especially male friends, is worrisome. I've never heard it mentioned if Diane had been married before.

It was interesting that when Diane suspected Alicia was leaving, she went and told Will who is the instigator in forcing Diane out of the firm. You'd think she would just have a private laugh and enjoy her buy-out and her new career as a judge.

Alicia being escorted out next week... before *her* bonus. Wonder if the new firm will compensate her for that as well as for newly-fired-4th-year idiot guy. Obviously they can't, they don't have enough money for everything. I say, the new firm vanishes in a puff of smoke and Alicia is destined to spend a few episodes as Governor's First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 7610/21/2013

I remember Alicia had to turn over $150,000 to make Equity Partner.

by Anonymousreply 7710/21/2013

I'm thinking that Diane's marriage will derail her judgeship as she is forced to defend her new hubby's conservative ways.

And I could never buy those two as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 7810/21/2013

[quote]It was interesting that when Diane suspected Alicia was leaving, she went and told Will who is the instigator in forcing Diane out of the firm. You'd think she would just have a private laugh and enjoy her buy-out and her new career as a judge.

It had an aspect of self-preservation, because of her package...but also I think Will & Diane have a longer & closer relationship that could find a way to survive her shitting on him to get the judgeship.

And also, I think she realizes how awful her behavior was (giving the interview), and seems to be making steps to establish herself as a person, as well as a lawyer/judge/dealmaker.

Diane has shown herself capable of incredible loyalty, and it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up working with Will again in some capacity or sticking with the right wing hubby.

*and as one o'the lesbians, I'd pick hot, chic Diane Lockhart a million times over scruffy snowboard girl.

by Anonymousreply 7910/21/2013

Diane's judgeship is history. Why would Peter reward the woman who betrayed his wife? And he will find out.

Diane turned Alicia in because regardless of her staying or leaving, she built that firm and she will not see it harmed without doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 8010/21/2013

Baranski could play the Coral Browne role in The Killing of Sister George.

by Anonymousreply 8110/21/2013

Some of those 4th year guys are hot but there are some I just want to punch in the face. They're so fucking arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 8210/21/2013

[quote]They're so fucking arrogant.

R82, you don't know any lawyers?

by Anonymousreply 8310/21/2013

Do partners in law firms act this way IRL, always tearing each other apart? Another lawyer show spent more time on internecine warfare than any other kind of stories, and I gave up on it.

This one's starting not to make sense, beginning with WHY it's suddenly so important to Alicia to start a new firm with Cary, especially since she bought in for $150,000 she didn't actually have. Did I miss an episode? Or is this the beginning of a long slide into idiot plotting? I mean, yeah, it's kind of exciting, but I have a hard time with excitement that's not backed by logic.

by Anonymousreply 8410/21/2013

Did Dianne get a prenup?

by Anonymousreply 8510/21/2013

First thing I thought of, R85. If she had more screen time, we'd probably know. But they don't have Christine on nearly often enough.

We have David Lee on what seems like constantly, but Diane, not nearly as often.

I'm planning to watch next week. After that, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 8610/21/2013

previews for next week's episode

Next week's episode is appropriately titled "Hitting the Fan"

If you thought moments of this week were fast paced, you ain't seen nothing yet. The episode will leave you with whiplash, accompanied by an outstanding score that just adds to the frenzy. As you saw in the previews for next week, Will confronts Alicia and it's as heart-wrenching as you might expect. He feels so betrayed -- "I took you in. No one wanted you. I hired you, I pushed for you. You were poison. This firm got you back on your feet."

Since Alicia is a partner, she can't just be thrown out on the street, so both Will and Alicia have to do some mad scrambling while they try to figure out what to do -- before Alicia is escorted out by security. Since the jig is now up, the fourth-years are also scrambling, but someone turns out to be duplicitous.

There are a lot of big clients to be wrestled over, but none so big as Chumhum, so there's another fun guest-starring appearance by John Benjamin Hickey as Neil Gross.

Peter gets involved in the fray in a couple different ways and something tells us last year's voting scandal may come back to haunt Peter.

by Anonymousreply 8710/21/2013

If ABC were to move Grey's Anatomy and Scandal to Sunday night, I'd drop The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 8810/21/2013

Those 4th years won't be getting their bonuses after all

by Anonymousreply 8910/21/2013

This season is starting out great.

by Anonymousreply 9010/21/2013

I just watched last night's episode again with my focus on Diane. Agree that she did not fully think out her marriage OR such driven detective work on Alicia, the governor's wife.

Until now Diane has been a likable character, so it's a surprise to watch her so lost and angry.

by Anonymousreply 9110/21/2013

I watched my first episode last night (I left the TV on after Amazing Race) and was happily surprised to see Jen's grandma from Dawson's Creek -- Mary Beth Peil -- looking stylish and stong.

Who knew that homespun matriarch was just an act? She looked so sophisticated last night with good clothes and makeup.

I like her as Gran, though, especially as she started off being against Jack (on "religious" grounds) and then grew to love and understand him as one of her own (also on "religious" grounds as I may recall it.)

by Anonymousreply 9210/21/2013

The 10/20 episode was great. Think of how much the writers and director allowed Diane to learn just by watching. Baranski knocked it out of the park, conveying so much with the lift of an eyebrow, tilt of the head, and such.

Next week should be a corker. I can't wait to see how the fallout begins to develop.

TGW is so much better this season than last.

by Anonymousreply 9310/21/2013

Yes r84, you missed the mid season episodes last year when the partners offered Alicia a partnership. She was hugely flattered because it came a few years before she could realistically expect that offer.

Then she found out they offered it to Cary as well. Then to a bunch of other associates. She wasn't so special after all: the firm was still fighting off bankruptcy/reorganization and needed the new partners buy-in to make its financial goal ahead of the deadline Nathan Lane had set.

So everyone gets to be partner. Then David Lee and the old guy (Hesh from the Sopranos) and several others (not Diane or Will) objected to having to share the firm's profit (the payout was like $1 mill per partner) with brand new partners... kinda fuzzy here, I guess they'd won a big case in the meantime so now there was a profit to share...so all the partnership offers were withdrawn. That pissed off Cary and the rest.

So they started grumbling. The partners heard about it and decided to divide and conquer. They offered Alicia a partnership again and she took it. She didn't like the way it was handled, Cary was still out, but it made sense for Alicia to take it and there was a great scene where she was forced to go around and shake everyone's hand and smile through gritted teeth.

But in the end, the last ep of last season, she'd had enough of the firm jerking her around and she met with Cary to go in with him.

If it were any other show, (cough, LOST) I'd be worried that the writers had written themselves into a corner but this series rarely fails (Kalinda's husband, that was lame)

The interesting thing here is Alicia always tries to be a moral, conscientious person and she's in a bad position here regarding her ethics and her responsibility to Lockhart Gardner.

Also, Jackie's back, yay.

by Anonymousreply 9410/21/2013

Thanks, R94.

by Anonymousreply 9510/21/2013

Gary Cole's aging nicely.

by Anonymousreply 9610/21/2013

Also, to add to R94's excellent synapsis, Alicia was continuing to fight her attraction to Will as she's decided to remain with Peter. Leaving the firm gets her away from Will and that temptation.

I felt so sorry for Kalinda last week. She was so hurt when she learned Alicia was leaving the firm and didn't bother to tell her. I think Kalinda finally realized that despite being forgiven she would never full be in Alicia's good graces again.

Diane will also feel betrayed by Cary. She was alway his champion and worked hard to bring him back to the firm. This split in the firm ultimately will lead to Diane remaining with the firm, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 9710/21/2013

r86, just like Kalinda, a little of Diane goes a long way. If we saw more of Baranski, Diane might lose her fascination (recall last season's miserable attempt to reveal more about Kalinda's personal history). I like how they dangle both characters in front of us, wanting more.

by Anonymousreply 9810/22/2013

I loved how they kept you guessing in those last moments when ominously quiet Diane walked through the corridors - was she going to tell Will about Alicia or leave him with a mess on his hands. Either way, it would have been good. When she told him, it still stunned.

The writers/producers are on their toes this year - the show has never been better.

by Anonymousreply 9910/22/2013

Kalinda was the first person Alicia asked for for Florrick/Agos. But Cary had fucked things up with Kalinda already, so he said it was impossible.

by Anonymousreply 10010/22/2013

Baranski threw my thermostat to near freezing with that death stare at the end. Holy smokes. Even though her face is botoxed and rigid, somehow under there she was able to fire off such a horrifying expression, I'm surprised Alicia wasn't frozen to death.

by Anonymousreply 10110/22/2013

Well, Kalinda was primarily looking out for herself. She asked Cary what he was offering and then she went to Will and negotiated a better deal (without telling him about Cary's offer). Cary couldn't match it so she decided to stay put. That's why blondie is going with Cary instead.

The kicker was health insurance. Until now, Kalinda was considered a freelancer and wasn't covered. That was her choice though, she wanted to keep her options open. Now she works for the firm exclusively and is covered.

This could all be settled--or it could've been before Diane found out--if they'd offered Cary a partnership. Nobody cares about the 4th years.

Now it's gonna be scorched earth.

by Anonymousreply 10210/22/2013

Now that Cary is starting hsi own firm, can we see him at the very least shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 10310/22/2013

"I'm surprised Alicia wasn't frozen to death."

Ha Ha - It's not as if Diane's hands are clean; her interview with the legal publication about Will was bombshell #1. Alicia leaving is bombshell #2.

by Anonymousreply 10410/22/2013

No, r103, this is not that kind of show. If it was, we would have seen white-t-shirt poster boy Josh Charles shirtless at least once by now.

by Anonymousreply 10510/22/2013

Not to mention a shot of Alicia's son Zach in briefs and white socks lying on his bed.

by Anonymousreply 10610/22/2013

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 10710/22/2013

The only plot flaw in all this is why Diane wouldn't have talked to Will before the interview. It was a very impulsive move on her part. They should have set it up a little more logically instead of Diane being painted into a corner and uncharacteristically folding. Perhaps Will couldn't be reached or was detained from Diane for some reason, or they came up with a plan to have Will's back while she seemingly handled the questions but the interview went bad and Diane misstepped in her handling of the situation. I have a problem with Diane selling Will out that quick.

Other than that, I can totally accept everything that is going on and am LOVING this show right now.

by Anonymousreply 10810/23/2013

Of course, all of this could have been prevented by Will NOT BORROWING THE CLIENT'S MONEY.

But that's an action (and a character flaw) that's produced a significant amount of angst on the show...his capability of doing something he knows his wrong to get what he wants is in some ways a mirror of Peter's style (and perhaps why Alicia is attracted to them both). She's the GOOD Wife. They are the bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 10910/23/2013

And Peter and Will are finally going to go head-to-head over the never-talked about affair. This is going to be the season GW fans have been waiting for for years.

by Anonymousreply 11010/23/2013

I'm loving this season. I do have one tiny little problem with it.

Since Diane stood by Will through his suspension and all of his problems (including his affair with Alicia), it seems odd that he would turn on her so quickly and violently over the interview. Rallying everyone against her, throwing her out of the firm, etc. It just struck a false note with me.

But it's good for the plot and I'm still loving this season. Can't wait for the showdown on Sunday. The Red Firing.

by Anonymousreply 11110/23/2013

More Kalinda in the sack for the lesbian fans.

by Anonymousreply 11210/23/2013

An extra got in a lot of trouble on set for posting a photo of the call sheet when they were shooting this Sunday's "Hits The Fan" episode. She was one of the 4th years. Sh She ended up getting fired both on and off screen.

by Anonymousreply 11310/23/2013

[quote] Diane will also feel betrayed by Cary. She was alway his champion and worked hard to bring him back to the firm. This split in the firm ultimately will lead to Diane remaining with the firm, I believe

I can not imagine Peter letting her nomination stand. She's out of the running and will stay at the firm

by Anonymousreply 11410/23/2013

[quote]I can not imagine Peter letting her nomination stand.

Because of what she said about Will?

by Anonymousreply 11510/23/2013

Why won't Peter let Diane's nomination stand? I believe Diane will choose to stay. She had her shot at a judgeship and chooses to turn it down so her character won't always have that regret.

by Anonymousreply 11610/23/2013

If Alicia leaves the firm for good, there is no reason to have that expensive set. They would have to work up some elaborate scenarios to have her cross paths with her former employers every episode. So forget it, this is just a temporary thing.

I hope they don't make Cary and Alicia enemies again.

I hope they don't make Alicia and Will lovers again.

I hope they never bring Kalinda's husband back again.

I hope Martha Plimpton comes back!

by Anonymousreply 11710/23/2013

Martha Plimpton's character is another where a little - a very little - goes aonf way.

by Anonymousreply 11810/23/2013

The best way for Peter and Will to handle the tension between them is with a hate fuck.

by Anonymousreply 11910/23/2013

With the new characters..I kind of like the blond investigator. Of course, she's sort of stupid sometimes...but that's sort of charming.

by Anonymousreply 12010/23/2013

The blond investigator reminds me of Susan Olsen. Now that I've said it, try to not notice.

by Anonymousreply 12110/23/2013

And Michael J. Fox's character too, r118.

And Colin Sweeney.

by Anonymousreply 12210/23/2013

Yes, but what's so great about this show is that they *have* all these oddball eccentric lawyers, judges and clients and none of them are allowed to overstay their welcome. Perfect timing.

by Anonymousreply 12310/24/2013

Here's hoping the football players can be quick about it & this doesn't start at 9:45 tonight or something.

by Anonymousreply 12410/27/2013

Josh Charles will be live tweeting during the show. I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thin.

by Anonymousreply 12510/27/2013

SCORCHED EARTH!!!

by Anonymousreply 12610/27/2013

I knew Diane would be furious at Cary.

by Anonymousreply 12710/27/2013

Holy shit, this episode is great.

by Anonymousreply 12810/27/2013

I'll bet Will's lying in last week's deposition about having sex in his office bathroom with Alicia comes back to bite him on his big round ass.

by Anonymousreply 12910/27/2013

That was one terrific hour of television!

by Anonymousreply 13010/27/2013

Damn, this episode lived up to the promos.

Everybody's walking away from this with scars. I can't figure out whether Kalinda's playing a long game: staying with Will so she can get the dirt on him and go over to Alicia, or whether Alicia (or Cary) is now off her list for good.

Peter, of course, isn't even governor yet before he's leaping into the fray with a statement that COULD be construed as extremely unethical.

And the bit where told Alicia about Grace's permission slip was so weird and touching.

by Anonymousreply 13110/27/2013

Julianna Margulies is fundamentally a weak, stiff actress. Christine Baranski and even Josh Charles are in a different league in terms of making their acting moments feel vivid and real. You can always catch Margulies working, trying to act. She does have a super hot husband to come home to, though, so I'm definitely jealous of that. And her salary.

Wow, Archie Panjabi's accent was all over the place in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 13210/27/2013

Panjabi had like two lines in the whole episode, R132. How could they be off?

I agree with your Margulies take, but she has a ton of awards from those who think otherwise. I do wonder what the fallout was between her and Panjabi. They were close friends then Margulies spoke out about how their characters shouldn't be buddies again, and the actresses also seem distant from each other.

by Anonymousreply 13310/27/2013

I loved the part where he gives her Grace's message. I loved the entire episode. I watched it twice. Why can't they all be like this?

by Anonymousreply 13410/27/2013

R133, she did have more than a few lines in the episode.. She had a scene with Will and a scene with Cary. I can't specify when her "American" accent dropped, it just seemed more labored and mannered than usual.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Margulies in general. I am aware she's won awards for this role but that doesn't change my opinion of her in this. I did like her performance in the film City Island but that was a character role and, I suspect, actually closer to who she is in real life as opposed to Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 13510/28/2013

I think Margulies is really very good in this. Not on Baranski's level, but no one else on the show is either - certainly not Josh Charles.

by Anonymousreply 13610/28/2013

[quote]and none of them are allowed to overstay their welcome

Michael J. Fox certainly did. I almost want his own show to pick up steam because its success would mean no MJF on The Good Wife

by Anonymousreply 13710/28/2013

Julianna Margulies is fantastic in the top role of Alicia Florrick on [italic]The Good Wife[/italic]. She shined the most on [italic]ER[/italic], in the 1990s, and she does so as well on this current series.

This was a riveting and fun episode! I didn't want it to end, because I'm looking forward to seeing more fallout. It's funny how some of the characters contradict themselves; particularly Diane, who should have done nothing more than absorb her discovery that Alicia was joining Cary to leave Lockart/Gardner. Diane was was forced out of her company by Will. (Peter picked up on Diane's bullshit and understandably removed her from that short-list to the Illinois Supreme Court.)

by Anonymousreply 13810/28/2013

Julianna Margulies' repressed lesbianism makes her nervous on camera.

by Anonymousreply 13910/28/2013

I wonder if Diane is really removed from the short list, or if that was Peter just bullshitting.

And if she IS out of the judgeship I wonder if she will go to work for Florrick/Agos

by Anonymousreply 14010/28/2013

[quote]I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Margulies in general.

I've always thought she was a bit wooden & not very detailed. In early ER episodes, she was just so damn pretty & did angst well (and got to play against Clooney, who was practicing to be a big movie star). She did get better as the series went on (as most actors do when they work consistently for a long time). Clearly she cares about being better. Still, when she left and Maura Tierney stepped in as the lead nurse/doctor, the quality of the acting went way up.

In The Good Wife, she's surrounded by some fantastic actors, and she's always better in scenes with them. I think she's limited but game, and continuing to work at it.

I also think it looks like she's had a lot of work done since the early ER days, and that changes what she can do with her face.

by Anonymousreply 14110/28/2013

Diane won't go to Florrick-Agos, it seems pretty obvious now she'll just go back to Lockhart-Gardner.

by Anonymousreply 14210/28/2013

I love Juliana Margulies as an actor, in particular that you sometimes have to guess what she's thinking.

I am in the minority as to the fabulousness of this new direction for the show. Now that I understand the motivation behind the defection, I think creating that motivation is the point at which the show turned to Idiot Plotting, with all that crap about getting associates to buy partnerships. I didn't buy it then. I don't buy it now.

At first, I didn't buy Alicia's wanting to stick it to Will on a personal level, either. But I'm willing to acknowledge the idea that unconsciously, she wanted separation from Will now that Peter is governor, and she just didn't know how to get away from Will any other way. Yeah, maybe that's it.

Here's my biggest problem, though: are they seeding an Alzheimer's storyline for Diane? She's marrying (has married?) her gun goon without so much as a mention of a prenup? She destroys her chance of becoming a judge by ratting Alicia out to Will? Not buying it.

I guess it's an exciting show at the moment. But I've seen way too many soap plots ruin character relationships using Idiot Plotting. I'm not enjoying their using it on Good Wife any more than I did on Another World.

by Anonymousreply 14310/28/2013

[quote]In The Good Wife, she's surrounded by some fantastic actors, and she's always better in scenes with them. I think she's limited but game, and continuing to work at it.

I thought she was a bit wooden also but then I am thinking that's her character as per direction. Now the few times her (gay) brother has been on the show she's laughing, very relaxed and a different person which leads me to believe lawyer Alicia isn't allowed to be loose.

by Anonymousreply 14410/28/2013

After all the hype the episode still got a flat rating. It's looking like the final season for this one.

by Anonymousreply 14510/28/2013

If it held its rating against the fourth game of the World Series, I don't think it exactly failed. Maybe you should wait for the DVR/online numbers before pronouncing it dead.

by Anonymousreply 14610/28/2013

Yes...World Series AND football runover. I also think that people are talking about it enough that there will be a steady rise in viewers for the rest of the season.

There's a part of me that wants THIS to be the last season. Walk out while it's on top.

by Anonymousreply 14710/28/2013

I still absolutely love this show. There's something to be said about shooting a series in NY, with NY actors....that is, when the writing isn't absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 14810/28/2013

I wonder why the fictional location is Chicago instead of New York, R148.

by Anonymousreply 14910/28/2013

I think the writers deliberately write scenes where she doesn't have many complex emotions because she's not capable of expressing them.

And has she really won TONS of awards?

by Anonymousreply 15010/28/2013

Here's an interesting article with the co-creators about last night's episode and what's up ahead:

by Anonymousreply 15110/28/2013

[quote]all that crap about getting associates to buy partnerships.

You've never been around a real law firm, have you? When you're made a partner, there is a fixed amount that you have to pay into the company.

by Anonymousreply 15210/28/2013

Anyone who thinks actors are tempermental should work in a large law firm.

by Anonymousreply 15310/28/2013

But do "real law firms" make people partners just because, well, gee, we sure could use that "fixed amount" right about now? If that's what "real law firms" do, I'll happily take your word for it, but it seemed awfully sudden, and, based on everyone's reactions, unrealistically impulsive.

by Anonymousreply 15410/28/2013

Isn't there a difference between being an "Equity Partner," like Alicia was, and being "made partner"? Pardon my ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 15510/28/2013

I wish this show did 39 episodes a year, like in the old days.

by Anonymousreply 15610/28/2013

You mean in Gunsmoke days, right, R156? That's certainly an impossibility. I think Dallas and Melrose Place got up to 30 episodes a season but even that was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 15710/28/2013

Obviously, R157.

Love and kisses, R156

by Anonymousreply 15810/28/2013

Will, Diane & the guy from Twister all looked VERY worried when Alicia told them that her new firm was going to take all of their clients and destroy them because they KNOW what she's capable of and they know she can do it. This was probably the best episode of the show that I've seen so far. I don't have a problem with Juliana Marguiles acting--I love her in this.

by Anonymousreply 15911/02/2013

[quote]But I've seen way too many soap plots ruin character relationships using Idiot Plotting

Yes, that's the real problem with daytime dramas: Idiot Plotting.

by Anonymousreply 16011/02/2013

To people who think that Margulies can not act as well as the other leading performers on TGW: She's come a long way since I saw her in the Off-Broadway play, "Ten Unknowns" a decade or so ago.

It was a very good cast: Donald Sutherland, Denis O'Hare, Justin Kirk. She was the weak link, but must have paid attention to Kirk & O'Hare who added small things to make their characters more real. I saw the play early on and again on closing night because the NY Times ran an article on O'Hare's and Kirk's acting in the play. Margulies was better by the final performance. To be fair, she played the least interesting character.

by Anonymousreply 16111/02/2013

Marguiles is a decent actress, but she makes up for what she lacks in that regard by being one of the hardest working people I've ever seen. She's aware of her limitations and works very hard to overcome them.

by Anonymousreply 16211/03/2013

This week's episode was kind of meh.

Diane got screwed. I'm sure we all know who the baby daddy of the blonde ethics chick is. Predictable/

by Anonymousreply 16311/04/2013

Who is the baby daddy? Not Peter's.

by Anonymousreply 16411/04/2013

Were all those men supposedly lusting after Alicia's ugly daughter?

There will be a story about the Ethics chick's baby that will make it seem like it's Peter's and it will turn out to not be. Predictable.

But I'm loving the two firms going at each other. I hope Florrick/Agos get office space soon. I want to see more Carey and Alicia heading things up.

by Anonymousreply 16511/04/2013

I liked this week. Not as stellar as last week, but not bad.

I hate Grace. Every scene she's in is like a black hole.

I like Crazy Ass Will. But what is up with Tattoo Whore Girlfriend?

They still don't really know what to do with Kalinda this season, do they?

And Mamie Gummer! Freshly divorced, with a new hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 16611/04/2013

Would the person in charge of ethics really show up at Alicia's apartment unannounced?

More important would Peter and Will, who have ethical problems before, wade back into the same territory at exactly the same time in anything approaching real life?

I could go on. But the showrunners seem determined to have one side win a victory, only to be counter by the other side almost immediately, sometimes at the expense of logic.

by Anonymousreply 16711/04/2013

[quote]More important would Peter and Will, who have ethical problems before, wade back into the same territory at exactly the same time in anything approaching real life?

I say yes...Peter's a politician who thinks he can do anything & Will is a longtime master of bad judgment who is consumed by rage.

by Anonymousreply 16811/04/2013

Watch how Alicia carries her purse. She looks like an awkward 12-year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 16911/04/2013

I'm gonna get tired of the back and forth crap really soon. I'm just not that interested in legal maneuvering. And that drum music that they play every time one gets galvanized by the other's actions is starting to bug.

I don't think Grace is ugly.

There's no way the blonde's baby is Peter's IMO. He still seems to be behaving himself.

by Anonymousreply 17011/04/2013

The Will/Diane relationship stretches the limits of credibility at times. Sort of like "Yes, I slept with your husband and tried to poison you but we'll be BFFs in two episodes' time and have wacky adventures all over the place!" Melrose Place kind of thing. Diane has been developed as a character too shrewd for that sort of nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 17111/04/2013

Likable actors. Terrible scripts. No relationships to law or lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 17211/04/2013

The two prior episodes were epic - suspenseful and thrilling. This week 11/3 it took a complete nosedive. The warring firms are already tiresome. Will is behaving as if on mood-altering substances. The worst was Diane crawling back at the end with no apology from Will. He was so wretched to her and it was unjustified. It's a real comedown for such a formidable character -- and yes, that deathstare she gave Alicia on 10/20 episode was bone-chilling.

The blonde ethics chick story is already boring me. The actress is unengaging. Hope it picks up again.

by Anonymousreply 17311/04/2013

What the hell was with creepy Grace talking about wanting to shoot a gun?!

by Anonymousreply 17411/04/2013

I thought it was a good episode. Back and forth. People playing both sides. Angry Will.

But yeah, they have to ship Grace off to a convent boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 17511/04/2013

Diane wants Alicia's head on a silver platter. I think she's swallowing the crap Will shit on her for the last couple of weeks just so she can grind the Florricks in the ground. I don't think it will be easy for Diane & Will to get back into the same groove personally.

That death stare she gave Alicia last night when she took the case from Alicia and handing her the pad of paper "I don't want you to forget this" - was another classic Diane moment.

And yeah - Kalinda is just insignificant this season.

by Anonymousreply 17611/04/2013

Not every episode can or should be written at the intensity of last week. Storytelling is like sex, there's a refractory period.

by Anonymousreply 17711/04/2013

[quote]But yeah, they have to ship Grace off to a convent boarding school.

Or...maybe she will run off with Dana making viewers happy on TWO television shows.

by Anonymousreply 17811/04/2013

At least they've significantly reduced the time allotted to those quirky, pointless characters (Elsbeth Tascione, characters played by Kyle Maclachlan, Michael J. Fox, Kalinda's husband, etc.) This season has focused on the interactions between core characters and is so much better for that. Now, if the writers would get rid of Alicia's kids altogether, that would be great.

by Anonymousreply 17911/04/2013

I like that they have gotten back on track with the evolution of Alicia's character. Last season was the worst of the GW canon, mostly because Alicia was just a standard prime-time lawyer handling eccentric eclectic cases; Diane and Will also took backseats to a roster of guest stars and quirky clients/lawyers. This year, we see her growing out. As a result, the other characters are branching out as well.

by Anonymousreply 18011/04/2013

Diane really expected she was still going to be considered as a judge after she told Will what Alicia and Cary were doing? Idiot Plot. Both Diane and the show have officially left the building.

by Anonymousreply 18111/04/2013

How often has Diane had a look of pure hatred in her eyes when she speaks to Alicia? More times than I can count. It would have been ok if Alicia wasn't marrted to the governor who had offered to appoint Diane. That's not the case. What exactly did Diane expect from Peter Follick? He's not a fool.

by Anonymousreply 18211/04/2013

[quote] What exactly did Diane expect from Peter Follick?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 18311/04/2013

wow, that ethics bitch is preggers, i wonder if it's peter's??

by Anonymousreply 18411/04/2013

I agree R181. For someone who is supposed to be so smart and sophisticated that was a dumb thing to expect. And you know that blond Will is fucking is going to get pregnant and sue him for child support. I do wonder whats going to happen to Diane's marriage after what her gun happy husband did.

by Anonymousreply 18511/04/2013

hes follickly challenged

by Anonymousreply 18611/04/2013

Did anyone notice that Will kept his t-shirt on (again) in bed with Tattoo Whore Girlfriend last night? It would have been logical that they slept together naked. He's got body issues.

A shame. He was so cute on SPORTS NIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 18711/04/2013

[quote]Now, if the writers would get rid of Alicia's kids altogether, that would be great.

I like Zach a lot. But they're hardly using him this season, because he's away at college in real life.

Grace is a bore, but you know they're setting something up, with Grace's estrangement from her mom and her gun comment. Grace shoots up Florrick/Agos? Grace shoots up her bible study class? Grace offs her self?

by Anonymousreply 18811/04/2013

We can only wish, R188.

by Anonymousreply 18911/04/2013

I was thinking Grace will shoot Diane.

by Anonymousreply 19011/04/2013

But isn't Grace supposed to be a Jesus-lover? Shooting someone wouldn't be likely.

How long will Diane and the too-sexy-for-her hubby last?

by Anonymousreply 19111/04/2013

Well, it's some peter's, r184.

by Anonymousreply 19211/04/2013

She's a Jesus lover, but she is also moving in the direction of being a very emotionally disturbed teen.

by Anonymousreply 19311/04/2013

What is the latest on Zach?

by Anonymousreply 19411/04/2013

Please. They showed Diane being concerned immediately about being dropped by Peter in an earlier episode, but she was reassured fulsomely by Gold that she had nothing to worry about. After that she was distracted.

by Anonymousreply 19511/04/2013

I hope Grace shoots Pregnant Ethics Lady. God, that actress is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19611/04/2013

I thought the actress playing Marilyn the ethics lady did a fine job last night. Why all the hate? The kid is going to be Peter's, of course.

Diane went to Eli and expressed her concern that personal issues may interfere with political matters; Eli assured her it wouldn't. But I think she chose to be in denial after that, hoping that the inevitable wouldn't happen. It did.

I thought of DL with Will's two bed scenes - one in a white t-shirt and one in a black t-shirt. It's pretty obvious this is intentional. GW has never relied on playing the beekcake card. If they did, they would have hired a sexier actor for Kalinda's husband, and use Cary and Will in a more gratuitous manner. This isn't that kind of show.

by Anonymousreply 19711/04/2013

[quote]What the hell was with creepy Grace talking about wanting to shoot a gun?!

It was a combo of 'teen girl says something she knows will piss off mom' and ~foreshadowing~, R174.

Oddly, I find myself liking Mamie Gummer's performance as that annoying lawyer.

I say Christian Gun Girl thinks Slutty Ethics Woman is pregnant with Daddy's bastard, so she shoots the bitch. Much lawyering ensues.

Tell me what I win, Don Pardo!

by Anonymousreply 19811/04/2013

Peter hasn't known the ethics woman long enough to get her pregnant. I think her pregnancy is going to present problems for Peter and Eli when she starts messing with them and they want to fire her.

by Anonymousreply 19911/04/2013

I think people will accuse Peter of being the Daddy...but it will be resolved.

I think Grace is turning into Sarah Palin....or rather Sarah's pregnant daughter.

Actually...

She's a young girl just now enjoying feeling attractive, in an apartment filled with smooth-talking, aggro young male lawyers.

Alicia was right to get her out of there...Come to think of it, good thing her son left the room, too.

by Anonymousreply 20011/04/2013

Yes this season has been focused on the core characters and very intense with the infighting between the partners and the new law firm but high drama can't go on every week. That's why the show needs the quirky guest stars and comic relief.

Grace's suddenly gun-loving daughter: gets involved with Diane's new husband?

by Anonymousreply 20111/04/2013

the Diane Lockhart character is not acting like a herself. Only an naive idiot could do what she did to Alicia and expect everything to continue as usual with Alicia's husband! And Diane is no idiot.

And Will taking her back didn't make much sense either. But I guess I could buy that he is distracted by Alicia's betrayal and emboldened by Diane's return to loyalty.

I don't know what Will is so high about I thought the 11/3 episode was a huge letdown.

by Anonymousreply 20211/04/2013

The Nov. 3 episode did leave me with the question, "How is Lockhart/Garder - or more like Garder-vs-Florrick - going to be able to build an empire when the firm was financially in jeopardy last season?"

by Anonymousreply 20311/05/2013

Forgot the "n" - twice - in Gard[bold]n[/bold]er.

Sorry about that mistake!

by Anonymousreply 20411/05/2013

Lockhart Gardner paid off their debts and is now flush with cash!

At first, they want to be conservative and save money for a rainy day, but now, they want to take over the world.

by Anonymousreply 20511/05/2013

This is so "Guiding Light," the way this is going down, like the Spauldings v. the Lewises.

by Anonymousreply 20611/05/2013

The show has trashed one of the consistently best characters on the show - Diane. Her actions starting w/deciding to do the interview onward have been completely not in character. Lame, ridiculous and sad that they felt the need to stoop to destroying that character in order to try and create drama.

by Anonymousreply 20711/05/2013

Going by next week's promo, which has Alicia visiting Lockhart/Gardner to spar with David Lee, Diane and hopefully Will, I'm wondering: will Alicia maneuver her new law firm in the same building as L/G. The firm has office space above they don't use, right?

by Anonymousreply 20811/05/2013

Until recently we only know the work side of Diane's life, also mostly true of Will, Kalinda and Cary. Alicia and perhaps Peter are the only characters we know in depth.

by Anonymousreply 20911/06/2013

Julianna M's dislike of Archie P has definitely affected the chances of any Alicia/Kalinda friendship being re-established. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 21011/09/2013

I'm curious what caused the fallout, R210, because they were close friends in real life the first season or two, but they quite clearly are estranged off camera as well as on now.

Do you have any insight?

by Anonymousreply 21111/09/2013

Exactly, R211.

I can't believe you guys still watch this show. It want completely off the rails after the second season.

by Anonymousreply 21211/09/2013

You're embarrassing yourself, R212.

"The start of this fifth season has been perhaps the best concentrated stretch of the show's entire run … Earlier this week, I wrote about how terrific this season of "The Good Wife" has been, and tonight's episode was a cut above even what's come before." - Alan Sepinwall, HitFix

"The Good Wife is on fire. Now in its fifth season, the series is in the midst of a creative renaissance that is the complete antithesis to how the drama began last season. Every single storyline is working." - Amy Amtangelo, Paste Magazine

"So far this season, no series has been more entertaining than this CBS courtroom drama as it barrels its way toward the law firm's looming breakup. Among its many pleasures, notice how subtly it makes some of its points." - Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

"I'm not trying to oversell anything here, but this episode of The Good Wife may have been one of the best hours of TV. Ever. And it's certainly the best episode of the series. (Give it all the Emmys!) And who would have thought it would have come in the show's fifth season?!" - Breia Brissey, Entertainment Weekly

by Anonymousreply 21311/09/2013

"The Good Wife" on CBS has been as good as it's ever been, which puts it miles ahead of anything else that's on at the moment."

-Just one quote from The New York Times article in tomorrow's edition.

by Anonymousreply 21411/09/2013

More from the NY Times:

"(The Good Wife) show runners, Robert and Michelle King, are achieving a choreographed intensity and comic charge that can be compared legitimately to Hollywood’s best screwball comedies and cerebral thrillers. And nothing on cable offers the same sweeping pleasures playing out over 20-plus episodes a season. If the broadcast executives are looking for lessons, the best one is right in front of their faces."

by Anonymousreply 21511/09/2013

Alicia Florrick returns to Lockhart/Gardner in "The Good Wife's" Sunday, Nov. 10 episode, titled "The Next Week," but it's not a happy homecoming.

In the exclusive preview above, Alicia (Julianna Margulies) steps off the elevator into her old office and is met with stares, whispers and David Lee (Zach Greiner). "What the hell are you doing here?" he asks. Alicia's there answering a subpoena and has a frosty interaction with "Ms. Lockhart." And things have changed! David Lee has moved into Alicia's office -- of course he had to clean the carpets of all its brimstone first.

The official description: "Alicia and Cary suspect that Lockhart/Gardner is spying on them when Zach discovers that the webcam on Alicia's computer is being accessed remotely. Meanwhile, Will takes on more than he anticipated when he comes to the aid of one of Alicia's old clients, and Clarke Hayden returns to offer financial advice to Florrick/Agos."

Nathan Lane returns as Clarke Hayden and "Weeds" star Hunter Parrish guest stars.

"The Good Wife" airs at a special time, 9:30 p.m. EST on CBS on Sunday, Nov. 10.

by Anonymousreply 21611/10/2013

Will start at 9:46 on the East Coast...

by Anonymousreply 21811/10/2013

Which was hotter--Hunter Parrish crying in jail or Zach getting into a fight?

by Anonymousreply 21911/10/2013

I didn't understand this:

Will KNEW that the Hunter Parrish character was lying about knowing the dead girl.

He knew they had both been in the B+ Club together.

And yet he allowed him to reject the plea.

by Anonymousreply 22011/10/2013

I thought Max Von Essen played the college kid who killed a girl.

Who is this Hunter Parrish?

by Anonymousreply 22111/10/2013

Plus, Zach knew there was naked video/photos of his sister on the Internet and he didn't tell any adults?

by Anonymousreply 22211/10/2013

Hunter Parrish was a co-star on the long-running "Weeds" on Showtime.

He also was the replacement lead on Broadway in the musical "Spring Awakening" and the star of the Broadway revival of "Godspell."

And yes, Hunter had a nude scene in "Spring Awakening," but not frontal nudity.

by Anonymousreply 22311/10/2013

I thought Max Von Essen is a bigger Broadway STAR!

by Anonymousreply 22411/10/2013

It's simply not appointment, Monday morning water cooler television any more.

by Anonymousreply 22511/10/2013

This game of chess between Alicia and Gardner/Lockhart has been fun but how long can they keep it up before it gets tired? Does Archie Panjabi have any parallel projects right now given how peripheral Kalinda has been so far this season?

by Anonymousreply 22611/10/2013

R225, thanks for that shit piece of insight.

by Anonymousreply 22711/10/2013

right now I'm loving it lol

by Anonymousreply 22811/10/2013

R220 I think Will believed he was innocent and wanted to go to trial. He's probably itching to get into court and work out his rage issues.

by Anonymousreply 22911/11/2013

Max Von Essen will be 40 years old in a few months. Could he play a college kid?

by Anonymousreply 23011/11/2013

A lot to like in the ep. Nathan Lane is back. I particularly like when Diane and Alicia spar oh so politely and when David Lee is made uncomfortable.

Love Dallas Roberts when he's on this show. Tonight was no different. And the Hunter Parrish case is very interesting. Even without him.

And the ratting of the computers CREEPY!

by Anonymousreply 23111/11/2013

I wonder when the election fraud is going to become known to other people?

by Anonymousreply 23211/11/2013

What did the last scene mean?

by Anonymousreply 23311/11/2013

I needed a Hunter Parish fix.

by Anonymousreply 23411/11/2013

The new firm working out of Alicia's apartment.

There are temporary office spaces you can rent by the day in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 23511/11/2013

Yeah, but Alicia lives near a decent bagelry.

by Anonymousreply 23611/11/2013

I think Nathan Lane has the hots for Carey

by Anonymousreply 23711/11/2013

Yes, R237. It's nice to see someone non-female appreciating Mr. Agos the way Mr. Hayden does.

The show is great except for the Diane idiot plot. And so much hinged on it. But, as I have done many times watching daytime drama, I'm going to get over it and say "On with the show."

by Anonymousreply 23811/11/2013

R233, the last scene was Zack looking at his shiner using the camera on his laptop. While doing so, he saw the camera light and had a frisson realizing that someone could also have been watching him at that moment the way they had his sister, so he was relieved that the light went off when he turned off his computer.

by Anonymousreply 23911/11/2013

Anyone else disappointed when it turned out the computer hack was just about watching the sister?

Who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 24011/11/2013

Yeah, I agree R240. Zach and Grace are best used as something for Alicia or Peter to react to, not as characters with independent story lines. But, I think the writers feel the need to use the actors.

After the big blow up episode two weeks ago, things have cooled considerably. Last week's episode (The Day After) was very good, and a necessary come down, IMO. But, this week was just mediocre. Felt like the shows wheels were spinning but the show not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 24111/11/2013

Just contributing so I can keep it on my thread list for when I finish to watch the first 4 seasons.

Kalinda just kissed her ex played by Lili Taylor, good times.

by Anonymousreply 24211/11/2013

Why is Alicia's brother played like someone with the maturity of an 11 year-old?

He's supposed to be a college professor, but doesn't seem like he could use a can opener without help.

by Anonymousreply 24311/11/2013

Alicia's brother is a queeny gay.

by Anonymousreply 24411/11/2013

Alicia and Owen's mother is not exactly a model mom. Alicia has trouble showing emotions. Owen is all over the place.

Thought this week was fine, not a let down at all.

by Anonymousreply 24511/11/2013

Is it too much to ask to have a 'downfall of David Lee' storyline, even if it's just for one episode? I despise that character so much!

by Anonymousreply 24611/11/2013

Is David Lee supposed to be an evil, bitchy eld*rgay? Because it sure seems to be written taht way.

by Anonymousreply 24711/11/2013

I'm over Zach Grenier. They need to do something to David Lee - either kill him or fire him or something.

by Anonymousreply 24811/11/2013

How do we know there is trouble between Margulies and Panjabi in real life?

Although it is weird how Kalinda is more like a cameo bit now. I assume they are building up to some big story that will involve her, but maybe not.

Where did we see her with Lili Taylor? I must have missed that scene.

by Anonymousreply 24911/11/2013

I love to hate David Lee. I don't want to get rid of him at all.

by Anonymousreply 25011/11/2013

I don't hate David Lee either, though I agree he's best in moderation.

So who really bribed the Indian tribe? If it was the lawyer who fessed up to it, did David Lee tell him to do it?

by Anonymousreply 25111/11/2013

Thanks God Michael J. Fox is preoccupied with his own show - they would insist on using him in this story if he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 25211/11/2013

He said it was partner Howard Lyman, R251, before he backstabbed Alicia in the deposition.

by Anonymousreply 25311/11/2013

R253 I wonder if he was just making that up so Alicia would push him into being deposed so he could then blame her. I guess it'll come out next week if the lawsuit is still a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 25411/11/2013

You're probably right, R254.

by Anonymousreply 25511/11/2013

Along with Alicia getting stabbed in the back by the creepy associate, Lockhart/Gardner now has a partner who's happily admitted to doing unethical, bordering on illegal things (from stealing the L/G files, to bribing the Indians, to selling his firm down the river...possibly because he didn't get his bonus because he was FIRED. Congrats, L/G! You won?

by Anonymousreply 25611/12/2013

Is there anyone left at Lockhart/Gardner who hasn't committed perjury?

by Anonymousreply 25711/12/2013

Did Diane and the firm ever settle her separation agreement? I don't think they did. Diane wanted a 20% bump in the last settlement and she wanted to try the gun case, her final case. Last I remember, Will said they couldn't afford the 20% bump.

Also, I think Diane and Will have come to a "we both fucked up and got fucked over so we're good again" place.

Lastly, did anyone else notice in the Alicia's fired episode that the TV screen behind Will had "Lockhart&Gardner" on it but the nameplate on the wall is "Lockhart/Gardner?"

I stopped watching when "Revenge" came on but caught up on this season on OnDemand this past Saturday. Thank you, Optimum!

by Anonymousreply 25811/12/2013

Yummy Jason O'Mara starts airing in a few weeks. He's apparently going to use his natural Irish accent. My mussy is getting moister by the minute.

I hope his character ends up fucking Zach to gain info on Alicia to use against her. Now THERE'S a storyline with one of Alicia's kids I could get behind.

by Anonymousreply 25911/12/2013

The storyline is that someone is still monitoring the apartment, despite Zack's actions. The last scene showed Zack's surprise.

Is not the protectiveness of Grace by Alicia and Zack because she is social inept? She seems to do ok with her studies, but otherwise is slow.

by Anonymousreply 26011/13/2013

its the NSA types monitoring the computers. That story line surfaced weeks ago and went nowhere just after.

by Anonymousreply 26111/13/2013

Yes. R261 has got it.

by Anonymousreply 26211/13/2013

Could the computer monitoring be related to Peter? Did Little Miss Morning Sickness play with the computers in between visits to the john?

by Anonymousreply 26311/13/2013

When Alicia told David Lee to "stop ratting our computers" he was genuinely surprised because he wasn't, but now that she's mentioned it, he probably went ahead and started to spy on her. So it's probably the NSA AND Lockhart/Gardner.

But why on earth would you leave a laptop open when you're not using it? I know you can access a webcam remotely as long as the computer is on, but if the camera is facing the inside of the keyboard, what good is it going to do anyone who wants to spy?

Or just put a piece of tape over the damn camera!

by Anonymousreply 26411/13/2013

I can't even begin to guess the endgame for the season (I'm unspoilered), and I like that.

I'm GUESSING that something is going to happen with Peter involving ethics (not a bad bet), but I'm interested in what plans they have for Alicia. After a good long runup, she's now capable of calling a lot of shots, and we'll get to see how fundamentally "good" she is.

by Anonymousreply 26511/14/2013

Would not having Peter caught in an another ethics violation be a let down after the new territory TGW has explored over the last few episodes?

As for Alicia, the show is called The Good Wife. I watch the show mostly for her. Wonder if others do as well?

by Anonymousreply 26611/14/2013

[quote]The storyline is that someone is still monitoring the apartment, despite Zack's actions. The last scene showed Zack's surprise.

R260, you'd be right except you're completely wrong. Zack launched the Photo Book program to look at his face, he then noticed the camera light was on and looked worried. THEN, the scene clearly showed his relief that it went out when he closed the program.

Watch it again yourself and see.

by Anonymousreply 26711/14/2013

Josh Charles shirtless once:

by Anonymousreply 26811/14/2013

Matt Czuchry shirtless once too:

by Anonymousreply 26911/14/2013

not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 27011/15/2013

Oh, he is so hot. Thanks, R269. R268, too.

by Anonymousreply 27111/15/2013

Owen was really a putz this episode, wasn't he? What adult would presume to interfere in an affair/marriage of someone else like that?

by Anonymousreply 27211/15/2013

Matt's ass, yum

by Anonymousreply 27311/15/2013

Damn r273! Baby got some serious back. My cock just about shot right up. I would pay money to eat that out.

by Anonymousreply 27411/15/2013

I don't know - it's starting to lose me.

I loved everything leading up to the fired episode. But it's been downhill since. The using Alicia's apartment for an office bit is ludicrous. And it feels like they have no place to go now.

by Anonymousreply 27511/15/2013

I still love Will. But JC has a weird body. No wonder he's uncomfortable showing it off.

Whereas Carey needs to be naked a LOT more this season.

by Anonymousreply 27611/16/2013

[quote] But why on earth would you leave a laptop open when you're not using it?

Alicia's and Grace's computers aren't laptops. Those are the ones that were hacked.

by Anonymousreply 27711/16/2013

I wonder if they'll have Nathan Lane make a pass at Cary?

by Anonymousreply 27811/16/2013

If they do, R278, I hope it's somewhere like the locker room at their gym.

by Anonymousreply 27911/17/2013

I wonder if they ever will go anywhere with Nathan Lane's character being gay and having such a noticeable crush on Cary. (Remember, last season, Diane used the crush to get Cary to find out some stuff from Lane's character). I actually find Matt C. to be the least interesting actor of the major characters because essentially all he can do is smirk and be cute.

by Anonymousreply 28011/17/2013

Well they really haven't given Cary anything to do .

by Anonymousreply 28111/17/2013

In some ways, Cary/the actor remind me a bit of Noah Wyle/Carter on ER. They kept having all these "now he is a man" moments for Dr. Carter...but he still came off as everybody's sweet younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 28211/17/2013

[quote] I can't even begin to guess the endgame for the season (I'm unspoilered), and I like that.

This season is 22 episodes and we're only on episode 8 this week

by Anonymousreply 28311/17/2013

How does one see the relationship developing between co-partners/founders Alicia and Cary? I see a really great brother/sister like relationship forming between the two.

by Anonymousreply 28411/17/2013

Tonight's episode was directed by Josh Charles.

by Anonymousreply 28511/17/2013

I'm not sure if I like them re-hashing the Eli infatuation with the young Lobbyist, Natalie Flores. He's way too old for her. I don't buy the mutual attraction and can only shudder at the prospect of any sexy times being shown between the two. Also, I don't trust Will's new girlfriend. There is something off about her. David smells a rat. And he would know.

by Anonymousreply 28611/17/2013

Melissa George is a terrible actress, and Alan Cumming was like a community theatre actor in tonights episode

by Anonymousreply 28711/17/2013

Yes, Cumming was hammy enough pigs complained of the stench.

by Anonymousreply 28811/17/2013

Who is Melissa George: Will's g-friend, or pregnant ethics lady?

I truly hate Pregnant Ethics Lady, and it's the combo of an irritating (and poorly drawn) character with an extremely irritating actress. That voice! She's like something out an arty 70s porno film. Uggh.

The "pumpkin pop tarts" business just sealed her fate for me.

by Anonymousreply 28911/17/2013

I agree about the awfulness of Melissa George. That whispery breathy voice is not sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 29011/17/2013

I thought they were going to follow up on Will's trial from last week, with Hunter Parrish. Is that dropped for good?

Boring episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 29111/17/2013

R289, melissa george is pregnant ethics lady. i just looked her up, she's from perth, western australia.

I only caught last 10min of the show tonight, was watching homeland. and there's no "lookback" on cbs like they do on abc. i'm watching revenge now. guess i'll have to watch it tomorrow on demand.

by Anonymousreply 29311/17/2013

I would definitely agree that MG is someone else's idea of sexy.

But not mine.

by Anonymousreply 29411/17/2013

I liked the way Robin scrambled for her job. Howard and David were fun. Hate Will's new girlfriend and the ethics woman.

Loved the ending with Peter.

by Anonymousreply 29511/18/2013

The Good Wife never drops an unfinished crime-related story line. But, this may be the first time. Are we to assume that Hunter Parrish's character is guilty, and that's it?

by Anonymousreply 29611/18/2013

I don't care for Melissa George, and I'm a lesbian.

Give me some Robyn Burdette/Kalinda action however...

The episode felt like there was some moving of the furniture to be done to set up the rest of the season.

I think strange creepy yoga girlfriend will turn out to be bad news for Will. I'll bet the Hunter Parrish case is not gone.

And Peter seems HOT for Powerful Alicia. He seemed to want her back at first because he couldn't have her, and now he's all turned on by his ass-kicking wife.

by Anonymousreply 29711/18/2013

I didnt say that Melissa George wasnt sexy-I said she was a terrible actress. and hwat kind of position is the "ehtics director" that she is involved in every single action and moment of the governors life? also-beside her having a boyfriend, wasnt America Fererra's character basically grossed out by the leacherous Eli Gold last time out

by Anonymousreply 29811/18/2013

knowing what we know about Alicia--do we think this would ever be the way she would go about starting her own firm>?

by Anonymousreply 29911/18/2013

Reading imdb comments I get the notion most of Americans are team Peter. Going thru some European forums I see more team Will. I find it interesting. Is it a cultural difference and how can it be explained?

by Anonymousreply 30011/18/2013

Also...Howard Lyman...seriously? With all the talk about being lean & mean & powerful and getting rid of dead weight, how is this guy still around? He's cost them serious time & energy because he's such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 30111/18/2013

It's a stupid show.

by Anonymousreply 30211/18/2013

It's a great show that occasionally does and says stupid things.

I love that's it's getting all this buzz now, when most of us have been faithful fans for years.

by Anonymousreply 30311/18/2013

[quote] Who is Melissa George: Will's g-friend, or pregnant ethics lady?

She's the pregnant ethics lady. I bet she's the one who is ratting Alicia's computer. She made a big deal about being sick and stayed in Alicia's bathroom. When they find out it was her and the the governor attempts to fire her she will threaten to tell the press they are firing her because she's pregnant and that she has caught them being unethical

by Anonymousreply 30411/18/2013

Ethics lady is attracted to Peter...hormones I think, she's going to lean in for a kiss one day.

There has been no mention of her having a husband or partner, right?

I do get her hotness...and I'm a lesbian. Although the whole pregnancy thing is not a turn on.

Will's girlfriend now knows that he had an affair with an employee. I see her vindictively testifying one day.

by Anonymousreply 30511/18/2013

I like Melissa George and her acting, I always have. I don't understand the hate. I want her to get a TV show steady so I can watch her every week.

by Anonymousreply 30611/18/2013

Quit picking on the delightful Cummings.

by Anonymousreply 30711/18/2013

I miss Kalinda being Kalinda.

by Anonymousreply 30811/18/2013

R308 they have no idea what to do with Kalinda now. I did like that little moment where she flexed her gaydar though.

by Anonymousreply 30911/18/2013

Hunter Parrish's storyline will be picked up for May sweeps is my guess. The last part of his story last week was that it would be 6 months before he went to trial.

I thought the fact that Will's new squeeze had to ask Will for access to the Wi-Fi at LG was telling. I think she's up to something, perhaps she's working with Florrick/Agos and is getting files.

by Anonymousreply 31011/18/2013

It's bizarre that Archie Panjabi went from winning an emmy to being lucky to have one scene every few episodes. Maybe there is truth to the rumours that Julianna dislikes her.

by Anonymousreply 31111/18/2013

They are cutting into her time by having 2 investigators.

by Anonymousreply 31211/18/2013

Cummings would not have looked twice at anyone who looked like he does now in his Beige days. I like Eli but he's no looker.

by Anonymousreply 31311/18/2013

i like alan cummings. however, i do not like this storyline with natalie.

I think Melissa George is pregnant in real life and they wrote it into the show.

That bitch natalie should have brought the lobbyists to alicia's firm not LG.

by Anonymousreply 31411/18/2013

Good Wife's Julianna Margulies: Alicia/Kalinda 'Reunion' Is 'Just Not Going to Happen'

Julianna Margulies has put the final nail in the coffin that is Alicia and Kalinda’s friendship. In an interview with The Huffington Post, the Good Wife Emmy winner declared the once-solid relationship — which self-destructed two years ago when Alicia learned that Kalinda was among the many notches on hubby Peter’s belt — irrevocably broken. RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including Good Wife, The Vampire Diaries, The Good Wife, Glee and More! “I think that’s kind of played out because of circumstance,” she said. “I doubt she’ll be able to trust that friendship fully. I think Kalinda’s character seems to have gone in a different direction. “What keeps the show interesting and sort of satisfying is to see other people come into [Alicia]‘s life to open her up,” she continued. “She needs female friendship, but she needs to start from scratch. She can’t be pouring her heart out to someone who once slept with her husband… It’s just not going to happen. It doesn’t seem realistic.” RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s (Still) on the Bubble? The dynamic served a purpose during the CBS drama’s first two seasons, Margulies acknowledged, “because Kalinda is such an independent, sort of suffragette woman — it helped Alicia to see she didn’t need to be a wallflower housewife anymore. But I think there have been too many twists and turns there. To bring it back would be going backwards instead of moving forward. “And there are only so many scenes at a bar you can do,” she added with a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 31511/18/2013

r301, I think that's the point of last night's fiasco with Howard. We saw Alicia starting fresh and new and doing what it takes to get things done (literally hitting the pavementand racing against the clock), while the old guard (L&G) are claustrophobic, overblown and hindered by their tradition.

by Anonymousreply 31611/18/2013

Hunter Parrish only had a few scenes last week. Is anyone who isn't aware of his work on Weeds or Broadway going to remember him in May?

I do realize he has many female fans and gay fans, but enough to have people tune in six months just to see him?

by Anonymousreply 31711/18/2013

I think David Lee is going to try to join Florrick Agos, because they've made the actor a part of the regular cast, and his character likes being in the center of the action and making lots of $$. Opening a branch in NYC is going to cut into everyone's profits, and no one conferred with him about it, the logo, and he was in the thick of the deposition prior about who was in charge of the adoption case etc.

I liked Kalinda's advice to Robyn about making yourself indispensable. Good in the real world too. But never in the real world would

- the legal world (and its clients) not know that all of the 4th years left to start their own firm

- they make their logo LG and not hear from another very large international company about how that name is already taken.

by Anonymousreply 31811/18/2013

I like Melissa George too - the pregnancy jokes (throwing up and gorging on pop tarts) are getting a bit tired already though.

I don't like Will's girlfriend though.

I liked Robin forging her own power base within the new firm. All of L&G (Diane, Will and Kalinda) are losing alot of their sparkle though while the character of Alicia is undergoing this new renaissance. They are becoming stale and dried up as a result.

Jackie's back next week causing shit. YAH!

by Anonymousreply 31911/18/2013

No one has mentioned Will's first ever shirtless bed scene (albeit covered with a sheet - at least he took one of those Godawful Hanes undershirts off to boink the blonde).

by Anonymousreply 32011/18/2013

r314, did L&G get the lobbyist account? I thought Howard's blunder with the black guy meant they lost it.

by Anonymousreply 32111/18/2013

R320 wake me up when Matt Zuchry has an underwear scene

by Anonymousreply 32211/18/2013

Archie Panjabi knows viewers want more Kalinda on "The Good Wife," but she's enjoying the amount of screentime her co-stars have been getting with the big Lockhart/Gardner exit storyline.

"I think what's fun about it is just the reboot quality for the show and the last time we had a big storyline like that was when Kalinda was found out to have slept] with Peter, so it's really nice to see Christine Baranski have some really good storylines and really shine, and Matt have some time on screen because last year he didn't really have much" Panjabi told The Huffington Post

...phone interview. "It's really nice to see my colleagues have their moment. My character's had so much attention and it is quite refreshing to allow everybody to have their moment and have some really good scenes and I think they're doing such a great job with it."

by Anonymousreply 32311/18/2013

I think Ms. Julianna's being a narrow-minded bitch who's practicing the fine art of cutting off her nose to spite her face. The Alicia/Kalinda friendship was one of the elements that made the show and its absence has been quite the big hole. Friends have bounced back from one having an affair with the other's spouse, especially under circumstances similar to the one with Kalinda sleeping with Peter-Ho BEFORE her and Alicia became great friends.

The one element about the Florrick/Argos exodus from L&G that fell flat was Kalinda turning spy on them rather than being a double-spy and betraying Will and Diane by joining Alicia's firm. Story wise, that would've been awesome.

by Anonymousreply 32411/18/2013

I think Kalinda was becoming the fan favorite and Alicia/Margulies was being over shadowed by that popularity. I never understood throwing the character under the bus with the Peter affair. It never made sense to me. Peter doesn't even seem like Kalinda's type. And then the silly story line with the dangerous ex-husband that went no where. It does sound like Panjabi has been on someone's shit list for a while now. And her praise of this season and how it's nice to see Baranski and Czuchry get more screen time and be allowed to "shine". Is Margulies that insecure? Perhaps we will see more of Kalinda now that she's back as the lone investigator at LG. Hope so.

by Anonymousreply 32511/18/2013

It's interesting, I was getting episodes on Amazon streaming (and paying $2 for it) on Mondays after it aired. This week, it isn't available.

by Anonymousreply 32611/18/2013

What's so great about Panjabi? Her character is only an investigator. They gave her too much face time last season, and her outfits were horrible. no one i know (who works in a law firm) dresses like that.

Cary needs to get topless, he need a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 32711/18/2013

R324, I disagree. I think that Kalinda showing loyalty to Will was perfectly in character and added a lot of depth to the breakup of the firm. I think her going with Florrick/Agos would have been too predictable.

by Anonymousreply 32811/18/2013

[quote]wasnt America Fererra's character basically grossed out by the leacherous Eli Gold last time out

I didn't see it that way. I saw it that she was in a relationship and didn't want to hurt Eli and perhaps lose his pull.

by Anonymousreply 32911/19/2013

No, America's character was just as interested in Eli as he was in her, but the age difference and how it looked to others seemed to prevent him from taking a leap with her.

by Anonymousreply 33011/19/2013

I adored Kalinda for seasons 1 and 2 and then became incredibly frustrated with the ex-husband plot line last season. The story was silly, the actor was unappealing and completely miscast, and Kalinda seemed to go off the rails completely.

Unfortunately, she's never regained my interest. And I think she's giving a pretty sloppy performance this season. As someone mentioned, she tends to slide in and out of her English accent, which I'd never noticed previously. And no, her character has not grown in any way. Still the angry girl in boots.

They need to either develop a compelling reason for Kalinda to remain on the show, or cut Panjibi loose.

by Anonymousreply 33111/19/2013

Way too drastic, r331. No reason to cut her loose. But I'm the school of thought that Kalinda is best in little doses. Too much Kalinda and she really is not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 33211/19/2013

And she's a flawless sleuth. Never fails in her job. And never changes her expression, either.

by Anonymousreply 33311/19/2013

Or her boots R333

by Anonymousreply 33411/19/2013

Peeee-hewwww, r334.

by Anonymousreply 33511/19/2013

What with 60-70% of the cast on any given episode to be gay or at the very least bisexual, what are the thoughts on Carrie Preston?

Loved the one time before Derrick Bond got fired from the firm, they filmed the door from an office with the initials LGB - simply loved it. Only on this show.

by Anonymousreply 33611/24/2013

Carrie Preston is, by all accounts, happily married to fellow actor, Michael Emerson.

Jason O'Mara joins the cast tonight in a multi-episode arc. I want him inside me quite deeply. I like to think he married fellow actor Paige Turco for a Green Card and has just kept it going since because of his career.

by Anonymousreply 33711/24/2013

I love Carrie Preston's character on The Good Wife and would love to see her have her own spin-off once True Blood is done BUT I didn't think she deserved the Emmy for Best Guest Actress in a Drama over Dame Diana Rigg as Lady Oleanna in Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 33811/24/2013

R337 Yeah but they did that movie about lavender marriages in 50s Hollywood. And she was in a Clooney movie.

Anyway, love The Good Wife, it's the best show on television for me now.

by Anonymousreply 33911/24/2013

Phenomenally stupid show. Guest star says "I'm a small country lawyer" in the courtroom,judge falls over himself with admiration and Will smiles as if to say, "we've got ourselves a winner." Except what he said was trite and stupid. Good actors; terrible writing. Cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 34011/24/2013

I'm missing something. What was the purpose of Jason O'Mara's character (who I'm really not liking at this point) taking Florrick and Argos' furniture?

by Anonymousreply 34111/25/2013

R341, He's Irish, so he's like a leprechaun creating mischief.

by Anonymousreply 34211/25/2013

Wow, Jackie reached a whole new level of evil tonight. If she liked Alicia, she could probably figure out a way yo take down LG on her own.

by Anonymousreply 34311/25/2013

The Jason O'Mara character is like a refugee from a David Kelley show. Cartoonish, improbable, annoying. Hope they can him quickly.

by Anonymousreply 34411/25/2013

If I were a more sensitive type of person I would have been "deeply offended" by the ethnic stereotype of the Irish lawyer. Of course he has to be shown drinking Guinness in an Irish bar and being a charmer with a flare for the blarney. I suppose the next lawyer they hire will wear a pinkie ring and talk like Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 34511/25/2013

They shouldn't have made Jason O'Mara Irish, even though he is. He does an excellent American accent, but on this he just sound like he's doing a Lycky Charms commercial.

by Anonymousreply 34611/25/2013

I know that Jackie is supposed to be seen as a horrible person, but I don't blame her at all for trying to prevent Peter from unwittingly appointing his father's mistress to the Supreme Court. By any means necessary.

by Anonymousreply 34711/25/2013

I was thinking they retconned a script Michael J. Fox was supposed to perform in, and cast Jason O'Mara as an annoying and Irish lawyer instead of Fox's annoying and Parkinson's-y lawyer.

In any case, whatever goodwill the show built up in the earlier part of the season is destroyed by this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 34811/25/2013

I thought Jackie was effective and in the right on this. Fuck that nasty bitch. But it brings Peter's cheating back into the light and the biggest points on which Jackie and Alicia differ and part of where Peter got his tendencies.

But I totally agree on O'Mara. His accent actually sounded fake. Did they ask him to pour it on? I want to like him.

by Anonymousreply 34911/25/2013

I kept looking at the actress who played the Supreme Court judge nominee Jackie was blackmailing because she looked familiar. Then I realized it was Mary Stuart Masterson.

by Anonymousreply 35011/25/2013

Isn't stealing thousands of dollars worth of furniture an actual...felony?

by Anonymousreply 35111/25/2013

I like the Lucky Charms lawyer. He's hot and has potential as a bad boy. When his mob clients show up, it'll split the firm.

The college professor/internet story line will send both the NSA spies and Chumhum over the edge. This will eventually create problems for Peter. The governor can't be palling around with terrorists.

Christ-ey, gun lusting daughter needs to shoot someone, pronto. Then Diane's husband will have something to do. Unfortunately it means that christ-ey daughter will also have something to do.

Eli needs a good fuck. Any fuck, his 'infatuation' with Ugly Betty notwithstanding.

I realize I'm in the minority but I absolutely love David Lee and his bitch factor. He is so much fun.

Jackie and Stockard Channing face off next week. That party looks like a barn burner. The big drug dealer shows up, no doubt creating issues for Peter, Eli and Pregnant Ethics Lady.

So far, this season is killing it. Last season's dreariness is fading from memory.

by Anonymousreply 35211/25/2013

I also love David Lee. He's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 35311/25/2013

R352, I've been enjoying this season as well, but last Sunday evening, watching Jackie in action (after being to feeble to live alone) and seeing Will and Alicia in court going back and forth, I was suddenly bored with the show.

Previews for next week look fun, but the endless sniping between L/G and Florrick/Agos is, for me, a snoozefest.

The corrupt Mick doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 35411/25/2013

is the actress who plays Jackie a regular?

b/c last night's episode could get her a nom for guest actress in a drama at the Emmys.... or even supporting if she's a series regular.

by Anonymousreply 35511/25/2013

OMG what happened to Mary Stuart Masterson? That was not how I'd imagined she would age.

by Anonymousreply 35611/26/2013

I also hate the irish lawyer character. so foolish.

anybody heard of free tv project? i was told it's real and cool, no virus etc but i still don't buy it. what's the catch?

by Anonymousreply 35711/26/2013

Yeah the Lucky Charms lawyer was a misstep. Since when is stealing thousands of dollars of furniture just a fun prank? No way Florrick & Agos have the money to replace that.

It's nice seeing Diane be reasonable compared to Will who seems to have no morals right now when it comes to beating Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 35811/26/2013

Loved Jason O'Mara on his short-lived show "Life on Mars." Excellent show that was canceled way too soon. Gretchen Mol was on it also.

by Anonymousreply 35911/26/2013

Gretchen Mol would be great on this as an Alicia adversary. Or maybe as a Kalinda fuck buddy.

by Anonymousreply 36011/26/2013

Jason O'Mara's character will turn out not to be a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 36111/26/2013

Does anyone else think that Lucky Charms will end up fucking Kalinda?

Who will play his Irish mob connections? I nominate Gabriel Byrne and/or Colm Meany - predictable but entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 36211/26/2013

I did notice Kalinda's interest being piqued by him. He made her smile. It figures he'd pick this project to overact. Kalinda needs a decent storyline.

by Anonymousreply 36311/26/2013

R361, yes, i think he is impersonating Jason O'mara who Kalinda did check out and found out that Jason graduated with no student loan.

He's probably a gangster.

by Anonymousreply 36411/27/2013

The whole Irish lawyer arc is a pile of previously used plots & cliches from other lawyer shows & gangster movies. I hope it doesn't turn out to be the "Kalinda's husband" wrong turn of this season.

by Anonymousreply 36511/27/2013

I predict Alicia and Will will have hot hate sex before the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 36611/27/2013

boring episode

by Anonymousreply 36711/27/2013

My impression was that Kalinda disliked O'Mara's character immediately.

by Anonymousreply 36811/27/2013

I did, too, R368.

Is L-G going to get away with stealing all of F-A's furniture? Surely the receptionist will remember Lucky Charms.

by Anonymousreply 36911/27/2013

Is this Irish guy just a gentler version of Kalinda's husband?

Btw, in this week's 100th episode, Kalinda gets to have sex with and is asked out on a date by two different people (I'm thinking Lucky Charms guy is the latter).

The 100th episode promises to be a memorable one, with Alicia and Will locking horns in the courtroom in a case that will provoke in them both memories of their past affair; current events will be juxtaposed with flashbacks of their bedtime together.

by Anonymousreply 37011/27/2013

r361, I'm thinking that too - and Will will end up choosing to keep his secret; a rip-off of SUITS.

by Anonymousreply 37111/27/2013

So far O'Mara's character seems like a major error, which may undo much of the positive feelings about the recent episodes of the TGW.

What happened to Will's girlfriend on Sunday's episode? Did O'Mara crowd her out?

by Anonymousreply 37211/28/2013

O'Mara is booked for 6 episodes per Executive Producer Robert King. He was on EW TV Editors Hour on Sirius and talked about the season thus far. O'Mara was previously on another King produced show "In Justice" and he wanted to work with him again.

by Anonymousreply 37311/28/2013

I like Jason O'Mara. I wish his character weren't as annoying as Lewis Canning, whom I wanted to can after the second episode (when I realized he was going to be a regular).

by Anonymousreply 37411/28/2013

Archie Panjabi annoys the crap out of me. Love to watch Kalinda's shenanigans, though.

by Anonymousreply 37511/29/2013

Now the pairing *I'd* like to see is Kalinda/Robyn.

by Anonymousreply 37611/30/2013

I still want to know what Margulies has against Panjabi. More people are starting to allude to her demand to separate their characters onscreen. One claimed Margulies tried to get Panjabi fired.

If any of that is true, it's starting to sound like Panjabi slept with Margulies or her husband. Why else have such a bitter reaction?

by Anonymousreply 37711/30/2013

[r377] Margulies wouldn't have to "try" she could just fire her if she wanted to. She's an EP.

by Anonymousreply 37811/30/2013

No, she couldn't. The Kings are the only ones with the power to do that. And they'd have to get Leslie Moonves to sign off on it. And he wouldn't sign off to get an Emmy winner fired just because Margulies wanted her out.

by Anonymousreply 37911/30/2013

No. R378, Margulies isn't an EP. Beginning with the third season, she was listed as a producer, which, in most cases, is just a courtesy title given to a big star for ego purposes.

Like halfway through 30 Rock's run, Alec Baldwin started being listed as a "producer."

by Anonymousreply 38011/30/2013

Does she get extra pay as a producer?

by Anonymousreply 38111/30/2013

Still I don't think it would take much for Margulies to get her fired. I don't think it's true anyway.

by Anonymousreply 38211/30/2013

Then why did Margulies announce no self-respecting woman would ever give Kalinda and their characters could never resume a real friendship again? She said that at the time the show's creators were saying the characters would work their way back to one another.

Well, they haven't.

by Anonymousreply 38311/30/2013

I am not sure what your first sentence means. But [r383] how does that prove that Margulies wanted to have her fired? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 38411/30/2013

Sorry I wasn't clear.

After Alicia learned Kalinda had a one-night stand with Peter before the women met, the show's creators gave an interview about the future friendship of the characters. They indicated the women would work to resolve their differences and talked about how important their friendship was to the heart of the show.

Shortly after, Margulies gave an interview about how no woman she knows would ever forgive another woman such a transgression. (Forgiving the husband's unfaithfulness didn't seem to be a problem for her.)

Margulies got her way in terms of the storyline. The Alicia/Kalinda friendship is dead.

I don't think that proves Margulies tried to get Panjabi fired - that was a separate rumor - but I think it lends credence to the reports that a personal conflict between the two actors is playing out on screen. Especially since the creators had tried to assure fans the friendship would return.

The above is what makes me more likely to believe the rumor Margulies wanted Panjabi gone.

by Anonymousreply 38511/30/2013

I get what you're saying. It would be unfortunate if Margulies doesn't know where she ends and Alicia begins. Yes, the reality is that it would be the end of a friendship. If it indicates something intrinsic to their RL relationship, it's pathological to say the least. AND it's something I wouldn't want to know about if it taints the enjoyment of a show.

by Anonymousreply 38612/01/2013

Panjabi began to get a lot of attention and is considered hotter than Margulies.

This is the first show I've seen with Margulies and don't know much about her. Was she a cunt to younger, prettier actresses on ER?

by Anonymousreply 38712/01/2013

Margulies was well known for her attitude and cold shoulder to cast member during her years at E.R.

Would not surprise me a younger and prettier Panjabi took the spot light away from the "STAR" and she would not allow it.

by Anonymousreply 38812/01/2013

I've heard that she was a bitch here at good ole Hate Women U, the DL. I've never heard it anywhere else.

Kalinda lied to Alicia from the day they met. She had a good reason, but I think it's true that a friendship where that was the case would not recover.

I like both actresses and characters. And while I LOVED the subtext between the two, it's still fun without it.

by Anonymousreply 38912/01/2013

I enjoy this show but

a) It annoys me that all or most of their clients are conveniently innocent and in the right. Really not realistic, ugh.

b) The Irish O'Mara character is annoying - wtf is it with Americans and their Irish thing. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 39012/01/2013

The last scene of tonight's episode is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 39112/01/2013

Bullshit. It didn't even start yet. Which is okay with me this week cause The Walking Dead is kicking ass.

by Anonymousreply 39212/01/2013

R391, yes! haha!

Kalinda is not prettier than Julianne. Apple and oranges really. They are not ugly but not beautiful either...

I missed first half of the show due to damn football running long...gonna have to watch it on demand tomorrow since lousy CBS doesn't have "look back" feature like other channels on Tim Warner cable.

by Anonymousreply 39312/01/2013

Fucking brilliant show tonight. Alicia and Will's standoff in the courtroom is exactly what I expect from this show. Beautifully done.

The last scene was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 39412/01/2013

this show is fucking amazing

by Anonymousreply 39512/01/2013

I did a short scene with Margulies on THE SOPRANOS and she could not have been kinder or more generous to me

by Anonymousreply 39612/01/2013

Tonight's episode was great. Not enough Carey, as always, and not really interested in a Who's the Daddy storyline with Peter, but still a great episode.

There are no rumors about Marguiles being a bitch except on DL. Which can only mean people here hate her because they want to fuck her husband. He is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 39712/02/2013

Loved the last scene. Loved Donna Brazile being there. Loved Alicia tying Will up in knots when he thought he had all the answers. Loved David Lee being in the episode without really being in the episode.

And more more more of Jackie and Alicia's Mom.

by Anonymousreply 39812/02/2013

And Cary's a little punk who needs to stop going around Alicia. Also: hot policewoman sex!

by Anonymousreply 39912/02/2013

The Good Wife hump.

by Anonymousreply 40012/02/2013

"Perhaps you should drink more to kill that bug up your ass!"

by Anonymousreply 40112/02/2013

[quote] Bullshit. It didn't even start yet.

I streamed it an hour and a half early. While you had to wait around and watch it on tv

by Anonymousreply 40212/02/2013

I think JM and JC are more sizzling as enemies than as lovers.

And JC was wonderful last night. They finally took a little time to show us why Will is such a prick. Alicia has really hit his vulnerable insecure spot. I think it was the first time JC actually really "acted" in a long time with that imagined courtroom interrogation of a weeping Alicia. Later, we saw Will's conception of "fantasy Alicia" get pulverized by the "real Alicia" on the stand.

It was also a great way for us to see Alicia is tougher than we thought. I really thought she was going to end up making a fool out of herself on the stand under Will's questioning, but that wasn't the case at all. She isn't Will's fantasy Eve-figure at all.

by Anonymousreply 40312/02/2013

This was the best episode of the season.

by Anonymousreply 40412/02/2013

Yes, great episode. But, I wish they would stop playing around with ticks and weird characteristics of the guest stars and supporting actors/actresses. I have never believed Stockard Channing as Alicia's mother. And the ethics lady's pregnancy is getting more crazy and silly each week. It is frustrating that Cary still has very little to do even as a managing partner.

But, it is a small price for an otherwise truly wonderful show. I thought Nathan Lane was also great last night, but Josh Charles was at his very best.

by Anonymousreply 40512/02/2013

Yes, JC is really doing some amazing work this season...I thought it was particularly telling when he made "fantasty Alicia" cry, and he said: I don't like you weak.

Even if she'd walked away from Peter for him, it certainly would have been a rude awakening for them both.

And Peter...still a fantastic politician; though that has also been proven pretty hard to be married to.

by Anonymousreply 40612/02/2013

If I were Alicia, I'd get with Will just for the change in mothers-in-law (hot, juicy, circumcised -- the way it SHOULD be -- Jewish cock to the side).

I do love HATING Jackie, though--almost as much as I used to love hating Lucinda, back when they knew how to write for Lucinda.

by Anonymousreply 40712/02/2013

Who's Lucinda?

Besides JM and JC, Nathan Lane was great last too. Brilliant to give him a chance to try himself out in court. One look at an embarrassed disappointed Cary and he got himself together to prove his mettle.

They've ignored the psychological complexity of Will and Alicia far too long, and have finally realized THIS is where the real story is.

Did the last scene indicate that Peter might be the baby's daddy?

What happened to the the Jeffrey Tambor-phone call cliffhanger last week?

by Anonymousreply 40812/02/2013

Great show, Kalinda get to sleep with someone.

And that last spit take was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 40912/02/2013

I also loved the pregnancy belt and at first I was like OH BARF. Then Eli had his hilarious comment: "The baby has to listen to [italic]that[/italic] all day?"

And then the way the music wove into Alicia's memories of Walter and his need for background music to his life. I wish Walter's character wasn't dead. It would be fun for him to be a regular.

by Anonymousreply 41012/02/2013

Last night was a brilliant episode - everything about it, from the car chase opening all the way through to the ending - after the tense courtroom scenes - and the twist of how Alicia turned it around - to end with the humor of the party was great. Love Mary Beth Peil and Stockyard matching wits. Hope they do that again, but judiciously. And ending with the spit-take was, again, pitch perfect.

This is the show's best season since the first.

by Anonymousreply 41112/02/2013

R411: Too much of Jason O'Mara's character to call it the best show of the season (at least for me). His character never moves beyond being a cartoon figure.

Otherwise, It was very good.

by Anonymousreply 41212/03/2013

Not on tonight, due to the 2 hr. The Amazing Race finale.

by Anonymousreply 41312/08/2013

Not on next week, either (12/15/13).

by Anonymousreply 41412/08/2013

I fucking hate the idiotic race....I want good wife back.

by Anonymousreply 41512/09/2013

[quote] Not on tonight, due to the 2 hr. The Amazing Race finale.

New episodes aren't back until after the holidays. The last episode was their "holiday" episode.

by Anonymousreply 41612/09/2013

I practiced that spit take for hours.

by Anonymousreply 41712/09/2013

i fucking hate the holiday programming, fucks up the schedules of my shows!!!

by Anonymousreply 41812/15/2013

I absolutely love corporate intrigue so this season has risen greatly, IMO, over the past season. I knew during the cliffhanger Season 4 ending when Alicia agreed to join Cary that it was going to be game on. Cary is actually my favorite character and a big reason why I have stuck by the show this long so it's nice that not only have they utilized him more this season but they've main him a very central character now.

by Anonymousreply 41912/30/2013

That pregnancy pad was very Elspeth Tascioni. They should have saved it for her if they ever decided to make her character pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 42012/30/2013

I think all the comparisons between Alicia Florrick and Walter White are accurate. I binge-watched the entire series up till now so I got to see the progression of Alicia from weak, mild mannered housewife to power hungry, cutthroat corporate vixen.

by Anonymousreply 42112/30/2013

Just watched it, very interesting show

by Anonymousreply 42212/30/2013

I like how this show makes you think it's one thing, but when you actually watch it, its totally something else. I also really like how they aren't afraid to "go there" with certain storylines, especially defending known murderers and drug lords. It's great that they have main protagonists going to that "dark gray area', bordering on villains themselves.

Now they have Alicia, the star of the show, doing very underhanded things all in the name of power and ambition...qualities that are seen as pluses in men but have always been negatives in women. I love the feminist aspect of having this former housewife grow into her own. This show is really fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 42312/30/2013

A number of critics have put the show on their top ten lists for the year. I'm glad that there isn't a knee-jerk reaction against broadcast tv, even though very little quality is produced on the big nets these days. The Good Wife is fantastic and while it has its frothiness, it goes a bit deeper for its more intelligent viewers.

by Anonymousreply 42412/31/2013

Just going from a story perspective, they couldn't have Alicia be under Will forever. The story was becoming stagnant up until the whole 4 year partnership debacle last season. After that and Cary's subsequent machinations for defecting, the show had hit a creative wall. I'm so glad the writers had the gumption to completely change course and give the show new legs. It's a rare thing for a show to come into its own in the fifth season, but TGW managed to do it.

by Anonymousreply 42512/31/2013

I was re-watching S1 and S2 the past few weeks, and it made me really happy the show has Alicia and Carey as friends and partners now. They really pitted them against each other in those early years. I love that Will and Diane are hypocrites about the whole thing. It's very real, and I still find all the characters likable and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 42612/31/2013

This season of The Good Wife has been the best so far. Which is pretty amazing. I watched Mad Men and Downton become lesser and lesser each season.

by Anonymousreply 42712/31/2013

BEWARE: SPOILERS IN HIS THREAD!!!!

Another fantastic episode tonight. Loved the twist at the end - Marilyn introducing Eli to the baby daddy (Peter Bogdanovich) after he is sideswiped by the voting tampering tapes.

Alicia's crush is creepy and is going to cause loads of trouble.

Love the increasing teamwork and camaraderie between Alicia and Cary.

And Line of the Year goes to Alicia about the dress she chose to change into to throw Will off his game. Delivered brilliantly.

Next week looks delicious.

Did I just write that?

by Anonymousreply 42801/05/2014

Next week's episode will get slaughtered by Tina and Amy on The Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 42901/06/2014

R428 I watched the episode but my dvr cut off the last five minutes. Who does Alicia have a crush on?

I thought it was a great episode too. Love Alicia and Carey as partners

by Anonymousreply 43001/06/2014

FUCK! I missed it! Gonna have to wait till tomorrow for "on demand" cbs sucks, doesn't have "look back"!

by Anonymousreply 43101/06/2014

Sorry, I meant Kalinda's crush ... as in her stalker. And that was termed the wrong way, but I'm in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 43201/06/2014

r430, you missed the "surveillance video" twist then?

by Anonymousreply 43301/06/2014

Alicia's character is becoming more and more unlikeable. I'm loving it.

by Anonymousreply 43401/06/2014

Eli has the worst poker face in politics - he wouldn't last a cycle.

by Anonymousreply 43501/06/2014

Excellent episode. Alicia is becoming an alpha bitch.

by Anonymousreply 43601/06/2014

Loved ALL the scenes with Kalinda last night... the writers have heard our cries on DL and bringin' sexy back

by Anonymousreply 43701/06/2014

Kalinda will end up in bed with Lucky Charms.

I liked Will and Alicia going after each other. There must be a big hate fuck on their dance card this season.

Puffy-lipped ethics chick and Peter Bogdonavitch? Weird. Married reunion guy-also-named-Peter would have been a better choice.

I recognized the goofy singer, the taller one. I just can't think of where I've seen him.

by Anonymousreply 43801/06/2014

For those of you who watched last night, you might find this amusing.

by Anonymousreply 43901/06/2014

[quote] I recognized the goofy singer, the taller one. I just can't think of where I've seen him.

It's Matthew Lillard. He was in Scream and Scream 2

by Anonymousreply 44001/06/2014

Thanks, R439. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 44101/06/2014

What is this show about, anyway?

No, I've never seen it.

by Anonymousreply 44201/06/2014

Adorable R439...is this a real song or was it written for the show?

by Anonymousreply 44301/06/2014

And now I have that fucking song stuck in my head. Thanks for nothing, R439

by Anonymousreply 44401/06/2014

[quote] is this a real song or was it written for the show?

It was actually ripped off from an episode of "Boston Legal," R443

by Anonymousreply 44501/06/2014

That's funny, r445.

by Anonymousreply 44601/06/2014

Thanks, r440, but I've never seen any of the Scream movies.

It'll come to me at three in the morning one of these nights.

by Anonymousreply 44701/06/2014

He's done a lot, R447.

by Anonymousreply 44801/06/2014

I love the show, but I really think it's been spinning its wheels after it had done such a good job building up to the episode where Alycia leave the firm and Will goes nuts.

It's still entertaining and well acted, but seems like it has less purpose.

by Anonymousreply 44901/06/2014

Alicia and Will are much more exciting as enemies than they ever were as lovers.

by Anonymousreply 45001/06/2014

How hung is Matt Czuchry?

by Anonymousreply 45101/06/2014

Thanks for adding to the conversation, r451.

by Anonymousreply 45201/06/2014

So nice to see Matthew Liddiard last night. I haven't seen him in a long while and he's really a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 45301/06/2014

I'm very new to the program, but just started watching the first season on DVD. Does it stay this good?

by Anonymousreply 45401/06/2014

It stays good. And Matt stays hung.

by Anonymousreply 45501/06/2014

Love the music video, LOL'ed with Peter BOGDANOVICH, and what a kick to see Diane dancing with rollers in her hair. Well done, Good Wife!

by Anonymousreply 45601/06/2014

Not a great episode until the last few minutes. Alicia seems tired of the bickering with Will. But he does not, so I guess we will get more in the next episodes. Eli's not enjoying his job very much, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 45701/08/2014

All these episodes with pointless, quirky characters tend to be "meh". This is a prime example of a show which would go from being good to being great if its seasons consisted of 10-12 episodes, without momentum killing hiatuses, and after editing out all unnecessary baggage (comic relief characters, kids, tangential storylines that barely go anywhere,etc)

by Anonymousreply 45801/08/2014

Thanks again R439- having just watched the most recent episode On Demand, this video was hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 45901/08/2014

I have loved Matthew Lilliard (correct spelling for R453) since the movie "Hackers."

by Anonymousreply 46001/08/2014

A link to the IMDB page for Matthew Lillard (correct spelling for R460):

by Anonymousreply 46101/08/2014

Thanks and apologies for the misspelling, R460!

by Anonymousreply 46201/08/2014

Loved the almost-hug the guitarist tried to give Cary.

by Anonymousreply 46301/08/2014

Hey...what's that sound at 1:23?

(Also: Kalinda does tend to attract law enforcement stalkery types).

by Anonymousreply 46401/08/2014

[quote]All these episodes with pointless, quirky characters tend to be "meh". This is a prime example of a show which would go from being good to being great if its seasons consisted of 10-12 episodes, without momentum killing hiatuses, and after editing out all unnecessary baggage (comic relief characters, kids, tangential storylines that barely go anywhere,etc)

Couldn't this be said of any show?

by Anonymousreply 46501/08/2014

I hate when they try to give Kalinda side stories. It always fails, unless it's tied to one of the lead characters like her flirtations with Cary or the drama between her and Alicia in seasons 2-3.

Kalinda is a great support character but the writers just don't know how to write for her on her own. They know she's a fan favorite and try to give her more to do, just not in a smart way.

by Anonymousreply 46601/08/2014

One of the best things to happen thus far in 2014 is the 4 hour block of The Good Wife that runs from 6 to 10 every weekday on the Hallmark Channel. I haven't watched the early seasons of the show in years and it's fun to see how the characters have developed and how they have aged in five short years. Kalinda was a big part of the show in season one. Cary was chubby and not very compelling as a character. Eli was amost hot. Peter was most definitely hot. Diane was softer and Will was cock of the walk. The flirtation between Will and Alicia was sweet. I didn't realize Elsbeth was introduced in the first season. She wasn't quite as quirkly as she is now. The show is like comfort food. Between TBBT re-runs and The Good Wife I don't need to watch any of the shitty shows that have debuted on network t.v. this season. And there have been a lot of shitty shows this year. That said, this is the best season yet. I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope Moonves knows that keeping a show that is a critical darling is just as important as ratings. And the way the Sunday night line-up is fucked during football season should be taken into consideration. You can't attract new fans if they tune in and the show is never on at the scheduled time.

by Anonymousreply 46701/08/2014

R467, I totally agree with you.

Many on DL posted about the bad wig Alicia wore in the first season. Watching the first season on Hallmark channel and then watching the current season, you can see how the bad wig added to her character. It made her look meek, mild, and mousy. In the current season, Alicia's look fits her character just like her wig did.

OT, I don't watch Hallmark channel so I missed the ads that would have told me this was coming on. I used to watch it every week before they moved TGW to Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 46801/09/2014

It was just a fluke that I saw the ads for TGW on Hallmark, r468. I was channel surfing for Christmas movies and they were showing some old classics so I tuned in. If not for that, I would never know that TGW is in syndication. And I'm kind of glad the Hallmark Channel is the one showing it. TBS would run it into the ground. Watching the earlier episodes just makes me love the show even more.

by Anonymousreply 46901/09/2014

The show right before the show ended for winter hiatus was it's 100th, making it eligible for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 47001/09/2014

R470, I don't think 100th episode/5 seasons is the hallmark (no pun intended) anymore. Happy Endings has been playing on VH1 since New Year's and that show ended in its third season. Of course it may be cheap which is why its available.

Speaking of HE, I wonder why it's not being shown on LOGO. Living Single has been airing on LOGO for a couple months now. Is that because of Queen Latifah, even though she's not "out."

R469, I too am glad it's on Hallmark but they censor "bad words." On one of the episodes aired last night, the word ASS was silenced.

by Anonymousreply 47101/10/2014

I think Living Single was some sort of gay icon show for black gay men. The "Golden Girls" for minorities, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 47201/11/2014

OK, I'm interested in seeing how the "stolen election" plot is going to change things up (again) and whether Peter will have to resign/go to jail (again).

by Anonymousreply 47301/12/2014

I was really looking forward to last Sunday's new episode. It was good to see Victor Garber again and I liked the double jury twist to the story since I had jury duty recently and was voir dired for a gun and pot case. I was honest about my thoughts on legalizing pot and was dismissed. The episode was almost ruined by the shitty actor who played the male plaintiff in the drug case and was repped by Florrick/Argos. He pulled out every cliche of a bad actor. He was distracting to the point that I almost switched back to the GG. I realized he also played the rich guy on Ray Donovan who was fucking around on his wife with the young actress that Donovan was interested in. He did a shitty job with that role too. This guy must be connected in the industry. He can't be winning these roles based on acting ability. Maybe he does great in the auditions but can't deliver the goods on screen. The quirky characters are a big part of the charm of TGW but some times they really fail the story.

by Anonymousreply 47401/14/2014

But what is this show ABOUT? A wife who...just does nice things? Obeys her husband? Kills people and serves them to the poor?

by Anonymousreply 47501/14/2014

It's about a nice, obedient wife finding herself and becoming Walter White.

by Anonymousreply 47601/14/2014

I'll never get Kalinda's appeal, as an actress or a character.

by Anonymousreply 47701/14/2014

It's about a nice, obedient wife could not run her own first-tier law firm, raise two children and also be the full-time wife of the governor. Am I the only one who had no idea what the real realationship between Peter and Alicia is right now?

by Anonymousreply 47801/14/2014

R477, Kalinda isn't an actress. She's an investigator.

by Anonymousreply 47901/14/2014

Loved Sunday night's episode. The double jury scenario was brilliant, although I couldn't have cared less about the actual case. The real drama was at the Governor's office, which played out very well. And, of course, the continuing acrimony between Will and Alicia, who realized just what a douche Gardner really is. Loved that Cary finally got one-up on Kalinda. And Melissa George was perfect in her scenes.

Now WTF is up with this month-long hiatus?!! Especially during Feb sweeps? Is CBS trying to fucking destroy this show?

by Anonymousreply 48001/14/2014

R480, what do you mean? there's no new episode next week? WTF? I really hate that they put it on sundays, the time is always messed up due to NFL and now it's going on hiatus?

I saw will and his wife in real life on GG red carpet, apparently just got back from honeymoon or something, she's normal looking.

by Anonymousreply 48101/15/2014

Wait - what does r478 mean by "what the real relationship between Peter and Alicia is right now"?

by Anonymousreply 48201/15/2014

R482, they are fucking again, she loves him again, but she's pissed him right now.

by Anonymousreply 48301/15/2014

Guys, there are no more new episodes till March 9 (as someone upthread may have mentioned?) I don't know HOW I'm going to stand it - but thanks to the poster who mentioned syndication now on Hallmark! - but I can understand the reasoning; all the sports events on CBS; Grammys'; competition with the Olympics.

But Boo-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 48401/15/2014

[quote]but she's pissed him right now.

So Peter's a watersports bottom?

by Anonymousreply 48501/15/2014

Why they ever moved it to Sundays is beyond me. After a three week mid-season hiatus, it has been backed for a couple of episodes only to be shelved throughout February. That's not good for any show, let alone one of the network's best and acclaimed. Terrible decision on the part of CBS.

by Anonymousreply 48601/15/2014

Hallmark has cut the daily episodes to a two hour block in the evening, 8PM to 10PM, M-F. I guess the four hour block was a bit of a cock tease to get people hooked. What ever. I'm still glad I can watch two hours of the show five days a week. Particularly when there is little else on television to interest me. And that is happening more and more.

by Anonymousreply 48701/15/2014

CRAP! I have shows I watch from 8 - 10 M-F. Don't suppose they'll be available on Optimum Hallmark On Demand

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 48801/15/2014

The only nights that I watch two hours of broadcast tv are Mondays and Sundays. Sunday is a clusterfuck, actually, with so many good programs on in the same timeslots. Thankfully, I can watch encore episodes of the HBO and Showtime shows and On Demand for most everything else. I think a month and a half hiatus for TGW is way too long. The show is having it's best season yet, making it must watch tv again, and then the momentum is interrupted by sports and cockamamie award shows. I wonder why CBS has such little regard for it. It may not be a ratings juggernaut but it is a critical success. And it's the best shot CBS has for winning a primetime Emmy. Considering how much I enjoyed watching the first season again on Hallmark, it makes sense to invest in the DVDs and watch anytime I want.

by Anonymousreply 48901/15/2014

Did I hear right, is next week the finale episode of the season?

by Anonymousreply 49001/16/2014

No...it's in a hiatus until March because of the Super Bowl & the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 49101/16/2014

r490, the episode that just aired on Sunday was the last until March.

by Anonymousreply 49201/16/2014

Not everyone is interested in the Olympics. My movie PPV bill is going to be sky high if all I have to choose from is broadcast re-runs for the next six weeks. Why can't they show a new episode of TGW this Sunday? The playoff game will be done by 9PM and the Olympics are a month off. I'm off to Amazon to buy seasons 3&4. Fuck this. Can't even trust Hallmark to stick with the current schedule of TGW .

by Anonymousreply 49301/16/2014

They could also make the new episodes available on Netflix or Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 49401/16/2014

I'm pissed about the hiatus. Sunday was one of best episodes of the season. And now I have to wait until March? So stupid.

I want Peter to DESTROY Will. This turnabout has shown Will to be conniving and nasty. I thought he was decent but hurt. Now he is revealed to be immoral and lacking in integrity. I want Peter to pull out all the stops and brutalize him. I want him on his knees, sobbing and pleading for mercy. And if he could be shirtless that would be even better.

by Anonymousreply 49501/16/2014

r495, Alicia realized, too, that Will is not who she thought he was. I think she thought he was just hurt and would get over it. In the last episode, when he failed to back up her claim about possible jury tampering, she found out just how nasty and douchey he really is.

by Anonymousreply 49601/16/2014

Agree with both r495 and r496. Will is corrupt. And a liar. And will do anything to win. He's dangerous in ways that we, and the other characters on the show, never knew before. Diane should never turn her back on him. Why must we wait six weeks to see what happens next? Arrrgh.

by Anonymousreply 49701/16/2014

I love that they're showing Will isn't just questionable ethically, he's completely unethical. Threatening to lie to hurt Peter? It's great, he's gone to the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 49801/16/2014

We saw a glimpse of Will's ruthlessness all along in little scenes throughout the series but it really came forth when he tried to oust Diane.

by Anonymousreply 49901/16/2014

Yes but he was depicted as petulant and egotistical, not malevolent. I thought he was decent and had some integrity but he doesn't. Maybe Diane and Alicia will team up to bring him down. And then Peter can sodomize him.

by Anonymousreply 50001/16/2014

Bump

by Anonymousreply 50101/21/2014

R501, what was the purpose of bumping this thread if you had nothing to add to the conversation? There wasn't even a new episode this week.

by Anonymousreply 50201/21/2014

You can watch this season's episodes of the Good Wife on CBS.com.

You can watch season 1 through 4 on Hulu.com

by Anonymousreply 50301/21/2014

r501 was lonely, r502.

by Anonymousreply 50401/22/2014

Is this show ever coming back? Talk about losing the momentum.

by Anonymousreply 50502/24/2014

Apparently The Good Wife comes back on March 9th.

by Anonymousreply 50602/24/2014

all those mens anuses in suits and such!

by Anonymousreply 50702/24/2014

Matthew Goode is joining the cast. I wonder if he's playing a Brit or an American.

by Anonymousreply 50802/24/2014

A friend of mine works on the show and she said something HUGE is going to happen in an episode late next month. She couldn't say any more about it and told me not to ask any questions.

Maybe Alicia and Will resume fucking?

by Anonymousreply 50902/28/2014

I hope to hell it's true about Mathew Goode joining the cast, r508. That will definitely help to alleviate some of the pain of True Detective coming to a close next week. Mathew Goode is in my top five of favorite actors. And I LOVE the way he looks. Goode news!

by Anonymousreply 51002/28/2014

I hope Matthew Goode will be a love interest for Cary.

by Anonymousreply 51103/01/2014

Something BIG will happen, as I posted upthread...

by Anonymousreply 51203/05/2014

Anyone watch last night's episode? It was kind of underwhelming. Carey and Kalinda are sleeping together now? The NSA stuff is amusing though.

by Anonymousreply 51303/10/2014

Watching the previews at the end, it seems there are only three shows this month and then another break. I understand there are only x number of shows per season, but it is frustrating. But, I do agree with R513 that last night was underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 51403/10/2014

The next two will make up for it, trust me, R513 and R514. My friend slipped and told me what happens at the end of the episode airing on the 23rd. Wow. This will change everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 51503/10/2014

This episode was mostly setup for the next set of conflicts. I'm digging it.

by Anonymousreply 51603/10/2014

yeah, it was OK only. Kalinda is a whore.

I can't wait for next week's episode. I suppose it has to do with the voting fraud investigation.

My guess is someone is going to DIE, maybe Chris Noth's character?

by Anonymousreply 51703/10/2014

Isn't Alan headed to B'way? They might have to kill him off or, at least, send him to jail.

by Anonymousreply 51803/10/2014

I wonder if the "something big" will have to do with Lemond Bishop...he & Wally Shawn were ready to neutralize Alicia last night.

by Anonymousreply 51903/10/2014

Alan is already in rehearsals. TGW shoots in NYC also. I'm sure they have no problem guaranteeing his Cabaret call times.

by Anonymousreply 52003/10/2014

well, Alan's character on last night's episode said that if they don't have Will's cooperation, they don't have a case. So does that mean, Will will be offed by someone?

If Chris Noth's character dies, will the investigation go away? I can't see how he's going to get out of it.

by Anonymousreply 52103/10/2014

R512/r515, tell your "friend" that the constant breaks and mini-sets of new episodes are annoying the audience. That little game has killed other shows and it can easily kill this one.

Either tell us what the big thing that's coming is or shut the fuck up. Nobody likes a tease who crashes around like a bull in a china shop, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52203/10/2014

R508 R510 R511, I think Matthew Goode is as good as you do. And, yes, it would be intriguing if he were to play a love interest for Cary.

by Anonymousreply 52303/10/2014

Oh, my [italic]trap[/italic] is it? Well of course it is, although it's a bit odd that my wily "trap" so resembled a flashing neon sign.

What we have here are your deeply held ethical beliefs preventing you from revealing what you claim to know because [italic]that would be wrong[/italic]. (Just out of curiosity, did you deliberately quote Richard Nixon or was that inadvertent?) Meanwhile, in your world, popping in to tell everyone that you know spoilers that you won't share is a terribly worthwhile and ethically superior pastime. You're a very special snowflake, doll.

Now run along, the grown-ups are talking.

by Anonymousreply 52503/10/2014

[r524] your tease is great and I ask you to tell us nothing. I truly like waiting for the revelation. I loved last night's episode and although you truly needed a score card, it was truly intelligent television. I can't wait for whatever is to come.

by Anonymousreply 52803/10/2014

The frau is strong in this thread. You girls are sucking up to I-know-something-you-don't-know boy with vim and vigor.

by Anonymousreply 52903/10/2014

Don't see too many fraus here. I'm not. Any self identified fraus wanna raise their hands?

GH happens to be the best and hottest soap for gay guys right now. It's also run by 2 very gay guys so what's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 53103/10/2014

I love r525's attitude but I hate spoilers. Keep your trap shut, r511. I have to have something to look forward to on Sunday nights.

by Anonymousreply 53203/11/2014

R531, what the fuck does your daily soap have to do with this discussion?

And by the way, GH sucks. It should have been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 53303/11/2014

The point R525 is making is not about the spoiler, it's about the "I know something that you don't know, nyah, nyah, nyah" attitude of the "friend" who supposedly knows the big twist. Why bring it up at all? There's no reason except ego.

by Anonymousreply 53403/11/2014

The girl with the "friend" doesn't know any spoilers. What she posted was easily gleaned from the promos for this three show arc. She's just another PR intern.

by Anonymousreply 53503/11/2014

Will this thread's supposed PR shill also tell us - when the time comes - that we need to get excited and enthusiastic over the next war for the United States?

by Anonymousreply 53703/11/2014

I think Will will be gone one way or another. It's just a matter of how they write him off. I read that Josh Charles, the actor who plays Will, had just gotten married & was ready to leave the show after this season. They may have tried to talk him into staying, but I don't know if that was successful or not.

by Anonymousreply 53803/11/2014

I am pretty sure R538 has it right. I was informed of this about six months ago but assumed the person that told me was full of shit as it didn't happen at the start season. I now see that it was true and is the "big event" that will happen.

Apologies to my informant.

by Anonymousreply 54003/11/2014

So they're taking Will out and bringing Michael Cerverus in?

Nice to hear Josh Charles finally tied the knot. Wasn't he with his gf for like a decade before they finally got hitched?

by Anonymousreply 54103/11/2014

Last night's episode had bad ratings.

Of course it did - sporadic hiatuses kill any show, no matter how brilliant it is. The way CBS schedules this show is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 54203/11/2014

[quote]So they're taking Will out and bringing Michael Cerveris in?

Why Michael Cerveris? I hate shaved heads.

by Anonymousreply 54303/11/2014

Most likely everyone was off watching the finale of True Detective or the newest episode of The Walking Dead. Two months of re-runs would kill interest in any show. It didn't seem like CBS promoted the return of new episodes with as much hype as they promote Moms, Mike and Molly, The Crazy Ones, et al. Does Len Whatsisname want The Good Wife canceled? Another network would scoop them up sooo fast.

by Anonymousreply 54403/12/2014

so Will is going to die. OK. I remember someone said his contract was up. Guess he's not going to stay...too bad, what else is he going to do? movies? he's not that great looking, he shouldn't get his hopes up...

by Anonymousreply 54503/12/2014

[quote] he's not that great looking, he shouldn't get his hopes up...

Josh Charles is so hot, I can't believe I'm reading such screed.

by Anonymousreply 54603/12/2014

Which part does Mathew Goode play, r536? Is he a recurring guest star like Elsbeth Tascioni or is he joining the cast to replace one of the leads? See what I did there?

by Anonymousreply 54703/12/2014

Will they be getting back to that thug Irish lawyer Will hired? That storyline and character were TIRED after ONE episode - why make him a continuing character?

And sorry, Matthew Goode won't be Cary's love interest. Yes, he's fucking Kalinda now (finally), but his real love interest is already in the cast - it's NATHAN LANE!

by Anonymousreply 54803/12/2014

I always thought Lane's character had a little professional crush on Cary but was straight. Does this show have a gay character other than Alicia's brother Owen, who we rarely see? Kalinda is "whatever" sexual she needs to be to get information. She really is a whore!

by Anonymousreply 54903/12/2014

[quote]I always thought Lane's character had a little professional crush on Cary but was straight.

Really? I always assume he's trying to imagine just how big Cary is underneath his pretty suit pants.

by Anonymousreply 55003/12/2014

Kalinda in bed with Cary,

the complicated machinations of the plot,

and the two-month hiatus

has cooled my affection for this show.

by Anonymousreply 55103/12/2014

Seriously! It's a good show but these breaks are insane. I am also a big fan of The Mentalist and Person of Interest, but their momentum is seriously blown after BIG developments this season.

(Though Ms. Shaw on POI has joined Kalinda as my TV girlfriend).

by Anonymousreply 55203/12/2014

It's especially idiotic not to compete with the Olympics. You'd think they'd get more viewers. I hardly turned the TV on during the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 55303/12/2014

I know. Imagine Lane playing straight. I don't confuse the actor with the role, so no, I don't think Clarke Hayden is gay. I have more difficulty believing Eli's May-December romance with the young woman played by America Ferrera. Or that Grace is considered a "hottie":) I don't care who they hook Goode up with as long it's not Kalinda. Enough with her cumin scented snatch already. The Lindsay Lohan of Private Dicks.

by Anonymousreply 55403/12/2014

[quote]Enough with (Kalinda's) cumin scented snatch already.

Hilarious. WW for R554.

by Anonymousreply 55503/12/2014

I don't care if the third new episode is a Red Wedding (in Moldova), I've had enough of this show.

by Anonymousreply 55603/12/2014

Sunday is the worst night for any continuing drama. CBS has got to reschedule this gem of a show. They barely promote it, they fuck around with its continuity. Bizarre.

Should viewers be a little more vocal? Who do you contact?

by Anonymousreply 55703/12/2014

Michael Cerveris could not possibly fill Will's spot. .

I always thought someone like Adrian Pasdar would be good against JM.

by Anonymousreply 55803/12/2014

Sorry, R558 - Pasdar just joined the cast of Agents of S H I E L D

by Anonymousreply 55903/13/2014

Renewed -

by Anonymousreply 56003/13/2014

[quote] Pasdar just joined the cast of Agents of S H I E L D

Also known as "Piece of Shit"

by Anonymousreply 56103/14/2014

The Hunter Parrish ("Weeks" on TV & "Spring Awakening" and "Godspell" on Broadway) storyline will resume on March 23. His trial will be a centerpiece of that episode.

by Anonymousreply 56203/15/2014

I LOVE Elspeth Tascioni! Of course she & Jill Henessey are going off to make sweet, sweet legal hotness.

I'm interested in whether what happened with the party's bagman (played by Skipp Suddeth) was recorded...he had to be wearing a wire, right? Because then Evil Eric Bogosian's character is just bluffing because he has it on tape that WIll refused to speak to him.

So, next week oughta be good.

...loved Imaginary Jackie calling Alicia a whore.

by Anonymousreply 56303/16/2014

Thanks to the "Show, don't tell" recounting of exactly how Alicia came to be hired by Will, I think it's especially skunky of her to leave the way she did. Except I like her enough, and I'm logical enough, to believe she would never had fucked Will over this way. So I'll just call it idiot plotting.

by Anonymousreply 56403/16/2014

I liked this episode. Bogosian makes a great villain. Did Will and Diane miss their chance to add Elsbeth as a partner or is Hennessey joining the cast, too? How weird was it to see how much Polly Draper has aged? Could it be that Kalinda is going to join Hecht and Tascioni in a new law firm? That would be awesome. The show is exciting and surprising and has really taken the edge off my True Detective obsession. I'd hate it if Josh Charles left the show.

by Anonymousreply 56503/17/2014

[quote] I'd hate it if Josh Charles left the show.

I think this is his last season. And Polly Draper will be sixty in 2 months

by Anonymousreply 56603/17/2014

I found last night's episode to be very odd and uneven.

The bear calling that kooky lawyer "a filthy dirty Jew" and Jackie calling Alicia a "slut" and a "whore" were very funny, but felt like things from a different show. It was like Adult Swim, not The Good Wife.

And all that build-up to Alicia's speech, only to have it be really boring. It was so forced, people laughing at unfunny lines. And then everyone telling her how great the speech was afterwards.

And only a handful of the lawyers in that room would have been in mergers and acquisitions so 400 lawyers would not have left the room during Alicia's speech just because news of a merger popped up on their phones.

And Alicia really seemed like a bitch in the coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 56703/17/2014

[quote]Alicia really seemed like a bitch in the coffee shop.

I'm more sympathetic towards Will now. How could she?

I wish they'd allowed the "Dirty Filthy Jew" schtick to pay off in the end.

by Anonymousreply 56803/17/2014

i'm watching anderson now and the 777 pilot, Les Abend looks so much like the gun expert on this show! the one that diane lockheart married.

by Anonymousreply 56903/17/2014

r564 and others - the one thing I love about the GW is that it never portrays its characters as one-dimensional. Alicia is definitely not a role model and the whole thing about last night's episode was to show us that she is that her story isn't political or social, but a person's own individual journey. Hennesey's character wanted Alicia to be her own personal Star Feminist Crusader, and while Cary and Clarke pushed Alicia to play the feminist angle, Alicia was realizing she not only used her feminine charms to get where she was, but a man helped her there - that if it wasn't for Will, she wouldn't be where she was today. Hennesey's character asked Alicia what she wanted. Instead of saying she wanted to open doors for more women, Alicia replied "I want to be happy. I want to be in control of my own fate". Her potential client wanted something more. For Alicia, it isn't about paving the way for women in a man's world; it's about her own life.

What I loved about last night's episode was the shift that happened in how Alicia and Will were being portrayed all season. Will has been a douchebag, setting out to destroy Alicia for daring to strike out on her own. As we saw with the flashbacks, if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have been able to survive on her own. That isn't expected from a show that has a strong independent woman as its star. I love that the Kings & Co write against the political correct with such subtlety and never pound messages in our heads. This is not a simple black-and-white story of simple black-and-white characters. These are brilliant and understated character studies of very human and complex individuals. Alicia isn't a super woman (Will secretly discovered she was going to be fired from her last major position because she didn't have the "killer instinct") but she does what she has to do to swim instead of sink. A practical person who has had some life experience knows that does not make her a villain.

Brilliant episode. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 57003/17/2014

Bravo to R570!

by Anonymousreply 57103/17/2014

Posters on Television without Pity are saying Alicia and Kalinda haven't appeared in a single scene together in 22 episodes, and they're alluding to JM's dislike of AP. They're speculating Elsbeth may hire Kalinda, and that will be the end of AP on the show.

Any word here?

by Anonymousreply 57203/17/2014

AP doesn't have to be "taped up" like JM does. If I were Julianna, I'd hate the younger woman, too.

by Anonymousreply 57303/17/2014

R573, what do you mean "taped up"?

by Anonymousreply 57403/17/2014

Archie isn't much younger than JM.

by Anonymousreply 57503/17/2014

R574 taped up is like a form of temporary plastic surgery. Tape is strategically placed to pull the face back to make it look younger.

by Anonymousreply 57603/17/2014

I disliked the dirty Jew comment and I figured why was it necessary to have that comment, but after thinking about it, I'm sure it will play itself out and will realize why it was said.

by Anonymousreply 57703/17/2014

Care to share, R577?

by Anonymousreply 57803/18/2014

Tascioni is an Italian name. Are there many Jews in Italy? Was she walking with Alicia? Perhaps Florrick is a Jewish name. I think the bear is part of some cockamamie surveillance team. It was too weird to be just a random, throw away line. White Supremists? Assasination? Of the Governor? Way out there theory but someone is going to die. I can't believe it's Will. I don't want to believe it's going to be Will. Matthew Goode joins the show in next week's episode. Celebrated St. Paddy's by watching some harmless rom-com he was in with Amy Adams. Gooorgeous guy, silly movie.

by Anonymousreply 57903/18/2014

The anti-Semitic bear was just a throwaway joke. No sinister underlying message.

by Anonymousreply 58003/18/2014

It wasn't funny, r580. The whole bit was totally lost on me.

by Anonymousreply 58103/18/2014

Sorry to hear that, r581. I found it very funny. But then again, I've visited New York and have been bitchslapped by some asshole who wants to piss on my good day just like the bear did to Elspeth.

by Anonymousreply 58203/18/2014

R580 there's no such thing as a throwaway joke of that kind on the good wife.

by Anonymousreply 58303/18/2014

When Jill Hennesy was first pointed out a character said "There."

It took me half the episode to realize that he had not said "Claire."

(I watch it Monday morning before my coffee when my brain is not at its maximum capacity.)

by Anonymousreply 58403/18/2014

I live in New York and some of the people under those costumes have behaved in inappropriate ways, including one who slapped a child and another who cursed out a tourist who didn't want a picture taken, but why TGW writers would think that the rest of the country knows that is weird. And it just fosters the idea that New Yorkers are assholes:) The show films here. Unless it is an inside joke, there must be more to it. I rewatched the ep and Will was with Elsbeth. It has something to do with Will. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 58503/18/2014

Correct, R583. As Chekov said, "Never insert an anti-Semitic furry bear in act one whom you do not intend to use in act two or three."

by Anonymousreply 58603/18/2014

Question: Are Will and Alicia seen as being Jewish by the producers and writers on "The Good Wife." And, I guess the audience as well.

by Anonymousreply 58703/18/2014

Those Times Square characters are so gross and their costumes really dirty. They also charge you for a picture with them. I don't know the point of that storyline but I love Elsbeth and anything to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 58803/18/2014

I think of Will as Jewish, but not Alicia, R587. I think of "Florick" as Slovak. What is Alicia's maiden name?

by Anonymousreply 58903/18/2014

You don't understand the story line there because there is no story line there.

A recurring theme of the episode is that NY'ers are assholes. It was in several scenes including the diner scene and the cab ride. This belief (that NY'ers are assholes) is deeply held in the midwest. The GW characters were visiting from Chicago and expected to be treated like shit. They were not surprised when this expectation came true.

That entire theme was played as an ongoing joke. Believe me, the GW is more than happy to use a "throwaway joke".

by Anonymousreply 59003/18/2014

R590's explanation makes sense. I wonder if the actors, speaking as their characters, make note of examples of NY Assholescence as they go through their workday.

by Anonymousreply 59103/18/2014

So the episode was meant to foster and confirm negative stereotypes of New York and New Yorkers held by people in the Midwest? The pretentious hotel that doesn't include a corkscrew with the overpriced bottle of wine, the restaurant that only serves beer, the annoying cabmercial with Bill De Blasio, the dirty dancing, anti-Semitic bear. I'm not saying you are wrong, r590. It's just that Chicago isn't Orlando. It's a sophisticated city. And it can't be the first time that everyone of them has been to New York. Why did the Feds follow Will to New York anyway? That seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 59203/18/2014

They're not even the Feds...they're a state government office that apparently has the funds to chase the Governor's wife and Will around the country. Because: he's guilty! We know it! He's guilty of something! All Governors of Illinois are!

by Anonymousreply 59303/18/2014

I always got the impression with the lack of Alicia and Kalinda relationship being over due to the jealousy of Juliana Marguiles. When the show first came about AP got the most buzz for her portrayal of the Kalinda character the led to her getting an Emmy for the role the first season. When a show is built around a star, in this case JM, they don't like it when others get more press and are more talked about. Hell, CB could probably tell stories from the Cybil set backing this up.

I do understand that in the show it would probably make sense for Alicia to not forgive Kalinda for sleeping with her husband, but I can't believe the creators/writers didn't try at least at one point to have them reconcile. I just always figured that JM shot that down since with Kalinda not in the revolving circle around Alicia that AP wouldn't have that much screen time.

Anyways, what is the big spoiler for this weeks episode? Anyone have a spoiler site that will tell me who dies or what happens?

by Anonymousreply 59403/18/2014

To 589: Both of JM's parents were Jewish, but her mom converted to Christianity during Julianna's childhhood. (Re: Wikipedia) So I guess we go with the show wanting NYC to be a place no one would want to visit.

by Anonymousreply 59503/18/2014

r592, don't take it so personally. Everytime I have been to New York, I came up against the same douchery and shitrakers. It's just part of its iconography.

by Anonymousreply 59603/20/2014

R594,

Sexual hostility and intellectual arrogance are the height of my craft. Who needs actual talent?

by Anonymousreply 59703/20/2014

R595,

Seven-layer-caked-on makeup is the height of physical beauty.

by Anonymousreply 59803/20/2014

Acting crazy-enough-that-I-might-fuck-even-a-loser-like-you is the height of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 59903/20/2014

It's pretty clear the writers took the opportunity to have some laughs at New York's expense. Who knew New Yorkers couldn't take a joke?

by Anonymousreply 60003/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.