Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Former Disney Star Working in NY Restaurant

Disney's Dylan Sprouse Defends Working At A Restaurant

What's a millennial kid to do when haters inevitably hate? Take to Tumblr and blog.

Disney alum Dylan Sprouse wrote a lengthy post on Monday, calling out media rumors that he is supposedly broke after fans recognized him working at a NYC restaurant.

"The Suite Life of Zach and Cody" star cleared up the confusion with this "New Job" entry:

So many pictures have gotten out that I’m now working as a host at a restaurant in NY. To clear up the air (which is admittedly pretty rude), I did not take this job because I “lost all my money,” I am financially secure, and took this job as a way to primarily feed my over bountiful video game addiction. Sprouse further defended his decision with an honest explanation about working outside the limelight.

I also took this as a way to try a new experience, working somewhat below the means I’m used to, as well as a way to socialize and get out of the house. I feel most comfortable when I’m working and doing something, to criticize someone of that is pretty odd. I will potentially return to acting someday, but in no way do I think any experience is a step down for me, but rather a new step in another direction.

After six years on television, the twin and his brother Cole said goodbye to Disney to attend NYU in fall 2011.

The vocal, tech loving twin discussed the Sprouse Co. choice to go to college in a Youtube video for "Conversations With Nat:"

According to Dylan, "Historically, Disney Channel stars don't survive well outside of the Disney environment ... we decided that we should go and get a higher education."

Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 5810/02/2013

Sounds like he's got his shit together. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

"Take a good look, LADIES! I am Margaret Elliott!!!"

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

Does anyone know which restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

Good for him...although he and his brother might be wise to find jobs that aren't around food. They got fat at one point.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

Which restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

Olive Garden

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

Why does have to "defend" working at a regular job?

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

The twins were also in the Adam Sandler movie "Big Daddy." Can't Adam throw them a bone by casting them in his next multi-million dollar shitshow?

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

I love r4.

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

I expect he does all right in that job .. famous, and in a New Yawk restaurant .. assuming he's in service and not a dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

Don't think Disney really paid their "stars" much.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2013

Is he perhaps working in Guy Fieri's highly-regarded Times Square restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

It's a more honest job than being the "guest" of rich Arabs...

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

Drag queen hostess at Lucky Cheng's.

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

someone here knows - I want to gawk - I mean eat there.

by Anonymousreply 1509/30/2013

Very mature young man. Nice to see in this day and age!

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2013

Lucky! I'd love to work in a restaurant someday.

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2013

Adam Rich should read this instead of calling Dick Van Patten for cash.

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

Cory ate in restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

He's making an honest living.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

I think that's really awesome.

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

For a while, I also didn't need the money, but worked at a restaurant. I tend to be introverted and don't talk to many people. Working at the restaurant was a way to talk to people and socialize on a limited basis, and got me out of the house and put some structure to my life. I give the guy credit. Maybe he needs the money, maybe he doesn't. At any rate, good for him for doing something positive with his life.

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

Cole's the gay one, right?

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

They're *both* the gay one

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

What's their skin color?

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2013

It's always had a bit of a yellowish hue - why do you ask, r25?

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2013

It's not enough that the one percent have it all, but now they are taking our part-time jobs too.

I've decided to go ahead and try on different slave names in advance -- you know, so I can find one that really tells my story.

I can only hope that they will at least let me choose my name in a few years when they finally decide to discontinue niceties all together.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2013

Mudspot is name of cafe.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2013

According to the NYU Student newspaper, he's working at Mudspot

by Anonymousreply 2910/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 3010/01/2013

I smell the beloved Yellow Skin Troll at r25.

by Anonymousreply 3210/01/2013

[quote]I feel most comfortable when I’m working and doing something, to criticize someone of that is pretty odd.

That's the writing of a college student?

Holy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3310/01/2013

Mudspot has GREAT espresso. So go get buzzed and ogle one of the kids who played Ross's son on FRIENDS.

by Anonymousreply 3410/01/2013

Oh my, R35 got her pink panties all up in a bunch, didn't she!

Go away, little cunt. You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 3610/01/2013

J'adore R18 & R19.

And R4, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3710/01/2013

Weren't they also on "Grace Under Fire"?

by Anonymousreply 3810/01/2013

I know someone who was a regular on 3 tv series. She was never the star; always a supporting player. She made a good deal of money in the mid 80s to mid 90s. She went to a financial advisor who made investments and put her on an allowance. She was an adult, not a child.

Every woman In Hollywoid should know that it's rare to hit the kind of success as Mary Tyler Moore, Betty White, the girls on Friends, etc. Most actresses have about 10 years to be at their hottest and then Hollywood moves on. Even Dana Delaney and Blair Brown, who were stars of their shows, aren't really hot to casting directors today. And supporting players? Lisa Bonet, anybody?

If this kid's family was smart, they invested the money with a reputable advisor and kept tabs on it. It's good they he's working while being a student.

by Anonymousreply 3910/01/2013

How is he a "host" in a coffee shop?

by Anonymousreply 4010/01/2013

It beats being a "host" in a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 4110/01/2013

I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy...

But thank you for noticing me,[36] big bad bitch. Called a cunt on DL, now I know I'm legit on, woot-woot!!

Btw, come up with a better tag than, big bad bitch, you sound like a bad 70's prison bull dike, ah ha hahaha,,,,,, ya old fogey :-p

by Anonymousreply 4210/01/2013

Dana delaney stars in a network series,R39.

by Anonymousreply 4310/01/2013

That is the horrible thing about fame in this country. Unless you stay on top and work relentlessly and never leave and never quit, you are considered a failure.

by Anonymousreply 4410/01/2013

R43 It was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 4510/02/2013

As much as I'd like to believe they're bi, both Sprouse boys had Tumblr accounts at one point. Cole got run off after using his to examine his fandom and calling it a "social experiment" - he's gone bohemian with a ponytail and is your typical newly pretentious college undergrad, but very smart, studying paleontology. He's the one I might peg as bi and was always the flamer as a kid, but Dylan seems straight. Any stories to the contrary from NYU students are welcome, of course. They seem like nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 4610/02/2013

Blew all his money on coke.

by Anonymousreply 4710/02/2013

Their parents are very grounded-both English teachers. Still married, too.

by Anonymousreply 4810/02/2013

A few thousand an episode, at best.

No residuals.

No merchandise.

He may very well need the money.

by Anonymousreply 4910/02/2013

[quote] Zac E.

Now there's someone who might end up hosting at a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 5010/02/2013

He and his brother are true class acts. They were the ones who gave up on Disney who didn't want to fund their new idea for another sitcom. If they were girls Disney would probably whore them out worst than they've done Miley.

by Anonymousreply 5110/02/2013

If they'd stayed, they could've been on DWTS!

by Anonymousreply 5210/02/2013

Miley isn't with Disney any more, is she?

by Anonymousreply 5310/02/2013

Isn't NYU about 55k a year? That doesn't include takeout meals, coffee, alcohol, weed and video game habits.

by Anonymousreply 5410/02/2013

"Ben" is studying paleontology? Oh Im a proud parent!

by Anonymousreply 5510/02/2013

[quote]Isn't NYU about 55k a year? That doesn't include takeout meals, coffee, alcohol, weed and video game habits.

They were earning about $20,000 each per episode for the Suite Life of Zac and Cody. And don't forget, they've been working since they were little kids. Their parents seem like decent people, so no doubt, they must've put at least a decent percentage of their earnings in a trust fund.

Actually by law in CA, a % of the earnings of child actors must be put into a trust fund for them.

by Anonymousreply 5610/02/2013

If you do the math, and assuming their parents were honest, they've got money in the bank and should be able to live decently for a good long while. But they're never going to be able to live like Vince in ENTOURAGE. Of course, I don't think Vince could realistically live like Vince in ENTOURAGE.

by Anonymousreply 5710/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!