Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Straight Man Gets Emotional Over Gay Brother's Struggles After Wedding

In this emotional video, David Stevens, a straight man, discusses what happened after he posted pictures of his gay brother's wedding on Facebook. After telling the reader about the beautiful and loving relationship between his brother and his partner, Stevens shares a Facebook message he received following their decision to tie the knot. The message reads:

Hey David, I am removing you from my friends list. Sorry man, that latest post is way over the top. Homosexuals joining in holy matrimony? I don't think so. The holy bible speaks out against homosexuality and speaks highly of holy matrimony between a man and a woman. It's nothing more than a slap in the face to those who choose God's word for homosexual s to join in a holy marriage. I'm only defriending you so I don't have to look at your anti-God stuff anymore -- nothing personal. Originally posted on his personal blog, Stevens' nuanced and thought-proving response is both emotional and insightful, and will leave you reaching for the tissues.

Be sure to watch the video all the way through to hear his response and the larger perspective he gained about what it means to be LGBT.

by Anonymousreply 3410/01/2013

Take it to iVillage, sister.

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

The link blows and the appropriately evil r1 has chimed in.

Thank God for gay allies.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

blows?

by Anonymousreply 309/30/2013

Transcript, please.

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

Straight allies such as this guy, are the reason GLBT equality issues have been shifting in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

I'm sorry r3, the link does not blow, the video on the link blows, sucks, stinky-linky. It is also fucked up, blows chunks, sits there like a turd if you click through to the YouTube video.

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

Fuck anyone who posts HuffPo links. And this story stinks like weeks-old cheese. Bye, OP.

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

Huffpo links are fine, don't worry about it.

[quote]Straight allies such as this guy, are the reason GLBT equality issues have been shifting in our favor.

No, R5, the reason GLBT equality is shifting in our favor is because people came out in droves.

Straight allies are great but let's not take it too far.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

Thank you, R8!

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

R8, you're quibbling with me over joint causality.

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

Right R8, every minority drives their own destiny and can make change all on their own.. Thank fuck so many people came out as black before the civil war and during the 60s so things could change for them.

by Anonymousreply 1109/30/2013

The so called "friend" is a retarded piece of shit. Can't wait to see how many divorces he goes through.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

"anti-God"? WTF kind of idiot statement is that? Well, the straight guy didn't need an asshole like that, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

Facebook is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

R8 is 100% correct. The reason we have so many straight allies now is because so many of us took the steps necessary to come out to everyone in our lives, including family, work colleagues and neighbors. Straight allies don't just pop up out of nowhere. They exist because a gay person close to them chose to be honest and open about their life, despite the risks. Our straight allies should be championed, but is gay people--out, proud gay people--who advanced our movement to the point that it's at today.

[quote]you're quibbling with me over joint causality.

No, you're wildly and almost purposefully negating the far greater impact that gay people had on the gay rights movement. Straight allies are CREATED by out gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1509/30/2013

Failed actor alert!

This is offensive. The guy is clearly an actor. He's probably represented by loneygirl's manager.

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2013

It's LGBT asshole! Not GLBT.

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2013

couldn't the guy who didn't want to see this stuff just block the story or take his 'friend' out of his news feed?

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

[quote]Facebook is stupid.

I Liked this.

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

R15, such histrionics. It's joint causality as I said. Stacked and interactive causes for the political shift. Gratitude can be given both to out gays who took considerable risk, and to our supportive straight allies who vote in larger numbers than we do.

This quibble - and it is a quibble - is like arguing whether the eggs or the pan or the cook made the omelet. The conjunction "or" is not accurate to use.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

[quote] It's LGBT asshole! Not GLBT.

Let me guess: you're a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

"Histionics"? Fuck off, you condescending asshole.

And you're still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

Some people should learn to show a little gratitude towards our straight allies.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

Thank you massah, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

Here's a video of the straight man discussing his gay brother's struggles after wedding...

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2013

Right, R24? Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking...straight allies don't deserve kudos for doing the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2013

It's fake.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2013

For the love of God, will someone PLEASE shit in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2013

Can we please start a movement to have just LG or at most LGB? Grouping us in with the trannies is just wrong in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2910/01/2013

[quote]Straight allies such as this guy, are the reason GLBT equality issues have been shifting in our favor.

[bold]The[/bold] reason? That's quite an exaggeration. You claim you're arguing "joint causality" but your original statement doesn't reflect that, Uncle Bottom.

Do you think the straight guy in the article would be upset about gay people's struggles if he didn't know any out gay people? It's great that he cares about his brother and his support is genuinely welcome, but he didn't have to jump through flaming hoops just to be a decent human being. His brother and the other gay role models he's known, who risked much more by coming out, deserve a lot more credit for advancing the cause.

by Anonymousreply 3010/01/2013

I'll have to agree, how did the lgb become a catchall?

by Anonymousreply 3110/01/2013

The straight brother sounds like a huge drama queen/attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 3210/01/2013

Weeping as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 3310/01/2013

Lol R30! I think that IS Uncle Bottom!

by Anonymousreply 3410/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!