Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If there is a government shut down....will the DMV be open?

I have an appointment!

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2013

I'm not an American and even I know the difference between the federal and stage governments, OP.

Are you sure you should be driving?

by Anonymousreply 109/30/2013

The states run their own Motor Vehicle Departments. The shutdown would affect only federal departments. So unless you live in D.C. you needn't worry. And even then it may be open. Call in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 209/30/2013

To the pompous a-hole with the snotty remark, maybe you should go back to your country where everyone is so smart and learn some manners.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

MMMMMm-hmmmmmmm. You best take a number and sit down.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

[quote]I'm not an American and even I know the difference between the federal and stage governments, OP.

Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Sparky @ R6, I'm sorry I fucked your dad and all. You don't have to take it out on the whole internet.

BTW, if you still speak to him tell him I said, "Good Pig." OK?

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

R3, one of the joys of the Internet is that it's quite possible that R1 is still at home in his or her own country while posting on this board (and studying the difference between state and stage governments).

Incidentally, R1 never claimed that everyone in his home country was smart. He merely implied that OP is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

The federal government includes people like Obama, Pelosi, Boehner, McConnell and Reid.

The stage government used to be headed by Isabelle Stevenson.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

Appointment? I thought it was first come first served?

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

Oh dear. OP could really use a civics lesson.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

I don't know about other states, but I was at the DMV in Palm Desert recently and had an appointment. It was a new facility and very nice. The lady at the front desk acted almost like a concierge. I half expected to be served champagne and hor's dourves.

I got right in, took the test and was out in about 30 minutes.

I can't really remember my DMV experiences in other states I've lived in but Illinois was like Midnight Express.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

DMV is state run you stupid douche.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

At first I thought OP was being a wise ass, but then I remembered what I heard at work yesterday.

Frau in my department was going frantic that she wouldn't get her child support payments. I told her that in Ohio it's run by the county and she would be fine.

I later heard her telling another coworker that she had doubts about what I said.

Amazing how stupid people can be.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

It's a legitimate question.

The shutdown can cause Federal employees to be furloughed and also halt distribution of Federal funds.

Depending on funding sources and the length of the shutdown state services could be impacted.

Of course, what I don't understand is why someone who clearly has internet access would just go to the DMVs web page to find out.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

Boy All of you are inappropriate assholes who need to get a life the Guy/girl asked a simple fucking question

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

Or can't any of you dumb asses see that and yes some of you were mature enough to see this so grow up I'm more mature and I'm 16 God the world is fold with idiots like most of you are!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

The resident DL racist is back. r20, please lynch yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

R20 = cunty cunt freeper

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2013

This person asked a question to find out an answer. Intelligence is not about what you know, but a willingness to learn.

OP displayed that by asking a question. If you have to make fun of someone for asking an honest question, so that they can gain insight, what does that say about you?

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!