Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The new "Carrie" article in NY Times

This is gonna stink. They are trying the whole Mrs. White really loves her daughter crap again.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 709/30/2013

They're all going to laugh at it!

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 109/30/2013

There is no way it will ever compare to the original. The first is pretty damn near a perfect picture. Laughs, tension, shocks, great cinematography including split screen and Oscar worthy performances. Once I saw the CGI blood in the new trailer, I dismissed this one. No excuse. Just like the other recent remakes, it is a waste of film and your time.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 209/30/2013

Why, other than to make money, remake Carrie? No way would it improve the original De Palma Spacek Laurie classic.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 309/30/2013

The blood in this one is practically black. It's so edgy. Dayum. Yo. And other things the young people like to say.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 409/30/2013

I just re-read "Carrie" a couple of months ago. God, what a great book! DePalma's film is brilliant, but there were plenty of scenes from the book that weren't in his film version. Let's hope that this isn't a sentimental take on it -- one of the remarkable features of the story was how almost no character was likable.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 509/30/2013

the blood in the remake looks like something out of Willy Wonka.

And Chloe is too pretty. They really could've styled her down hard, but they didn't.

Finally, nobody can top Nancy Allen's Chris Hargenson - the ultimate gum snapping hot mean bitch.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 609/30/2013

The actress is to conventionally pretty. In the novel, Carrie is described as "bovine." She is supposed to look somewhat homely.

Whatever, I had no intention of seeing this film anyways. Nothing can compare to the original film.

by M. Mazzie, been there done thatreply 709/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.