Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Revenge Season 3

Started on request at end of Season Two thread.

Enjoyed the first episode. Back to Season 1 style drama. But what the hell happened to Madeleine Stowe? I guess she's aging naturally. But boy is she aging.

by Anonymousreply 36006/16/2014

it started already?? when?

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2013

Well, I posted this on the older thread, but since there's a new one...

I watched this for the first time tonight. It made a reasonable about of sense, considering I'd not been watching.

Is there someplace I can get an update of what's happened thus far that's not too long? Or do I need to bother?

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

I'm watching it now on "look back" feature on abc. wow, that stable boy is cute!

by Anonymousreply 409/30/2013

Wasn't Charlotte pregnant when we left off?

by Anonymousreply 509/30/2013

When Charlotte first arrives and talks to her mother, Victoria mentions something about her losing Declan and the baby... not sure if they just wanted to drop that storyline like the dropped the one about The Initiative (or whatever it was called, that secret organization of rich people), or if it's going to be addressed later. Charlotte does seem like she has her own revenge thing going this year.

Nice shirtlessness from Josh Bowman and Green Arrow tonight. Looks like they're going to play up the hot guy angle this year.

by Anonymousreply 609/30/2013

R2, if tonight's show was confusing to you, you're a moron.

And OP, Madeleine Stowe looked fine. Your exaggeration is ridiculous.

Tonight's episode was strong, btw.

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

Josh Bowman is so damn Hot!

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

R8, he's pretty cute. But he dated Amy winehouse! and miley! he's probably got herpes now...

by Anonymousreply 909/30/2013

I vote for a Nolan and stable boy hookup!

by Anonymousreply 1009/30/2013

I stopped watching last season, but if buzz is good I'd be happy to pick it up again. The show has a lot of good will from me as Nolan a lead male character who is bisexual is something you (sadly) never ever see.

by Anonymousreply 1209/30/2013

I have a feeling this will be the last season. After the steep ratings fall last spring, I can't see the show recovering in terms of numbers.

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

[quote]it started already?? when?

It aired opposite the Breaking Bad finale, so nobody was paying any attention.

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

[quote]Wasn't Homeland also on at that time

And Boardwalk Empire, and The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2013

I laughed when Emily and Nolan agreed never to mention the words Initiative or Carrion ever again, thus resetting the whole series back to the first season.

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2013

Is it safe to go in again if you missed 90% of season 2? I caught a little bit of it during Good Wife's commercials. The thing that impressed me most was how cheap the background behind Amanda/Emily's house looked. Long Island Sound/Atlantic Ocean...right.

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

[quote] The thing that impressed me most was how cheap the background behind Amanda/Emily's house looked.

That's part of its campy charm.

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

IIRC, it didn't look cheap like that in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

This season premiere was certainly not as hyped as season 2. ABC royally screwed up last season with scheduling and ruined any momentum for OUAT and Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

So Declan is really dead? I thought for sure they would have had Victoria faking his death and hiding him somewhere.

And am I the only one who thinks "Patrick" is a plant by Emily and not the real son?

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

Definitely a re-boot back to season 1. A flash forward to a dramatic shooting, no more initiative, X-ing out someone's face on a photo after revenge has been served.

Hopefully they'll go back to getting rid of someone each week in some dramatic fashion- I'm guessing the French woman will be a target for revenge soon enough.

It could be a step up from season 2.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

It was the worst episode in 3 seasons. AWFUL!

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

I stopped watching less than midway into Season 2, I think when Fauxmanda died. Can someone recap important things I missed that I need to know before watching Season 3?

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2013

r25, nothing. As they said last night, "we won't mention it again".

by Anonymousreply 2609/30/2013

Ashley's exit was poorly done. It felt very rushed.

They tried to recreate that season 1 magic but they failed, IMO. I don't think they can fully recover after that mess of season 2 (same thing that is happening with Homeland).

by Anonymousreply 2709/30/2013

Was Homeland REALLY as bad as Revenge?

by Anonymousreply 2809/30/2013

Totally agreed, R27. I expected to see the words "Later that same day" across the bottom of the screen.

by Anonymousreply 2909/30/2013

Nolan and Patrick in bed together is pretty much the only thing that I could look forward to this season.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2013

Madeline Stowe looks "refreshed"...

I think it's the last season, because Emily gets shot at the end, as they showed in the first scene.

Does anyone else think that Henry Czerny is TERRIBLE in this show? He's so phony, wooden and weird. He takes me out of the story every time he's on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

Madeline Stowe has had no storyline on this show.

Henry Czerny is Canadian who has played Stratford multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

The final episodes of Homeland's second season were almost parody. I guess all the undeserved Emmy wins for the first season went to their heads, so the writers thought they could do no wrong.

Revenge's problems started when Kelly decided to kill Tyler instead of Daniel. I don't believe for one second the "that was the plan all along!" story. They (miraculously) made Daniel seem interesting at first so he became a fan favorite.

The only good thing to come out from season 2 was Aiden. The man is super hot and a much better love interest for Emily than idiot Daniel and boring Jack. Unfortunately, Aiden is still linked to that godawful "initiative" storyline, so I don't see him lasting long.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2013

I feel the same way about Gabriel Mann, r31. Nolan was fun in the beginning, but now Mann is just in a whole different level. So incredibly self-aware with the odd pauses, weird line readings, the mugging. He was especially bad last night with his cheesy "Nolan 2.whatever" and "Ashley Daven-deported".

Revenge is not Shakespeare, but Stowe pulls the campy style just fine.

by Anonymousreply 3409/30/2013

Charlotte was perfectly fine!! Even though she lost her bf AND had a miscarriage, all in the last 6 months. She even has a new haircut!

We'll never hear the words 'Carrion' or 'initiative' again.

Damn, the writers REALLY want us to forget season 2.

by Anonymousreply 3509/30/2013

[quote]Henry Czerny is Canadian who has played Stratford multiple times.

What does his being Canadian have to do with anything? Plus, Shakespearean actors are often the WORST people to put in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 3609/30/2013

The premiere ratings actually impressed, and it was way up from the abysmal spring decline.

If it can maintain without another steep drop, it will get another season.

by Anonymousreply 3709/30/2013

sometimes shows have such magic

and then ...gone!

by Anonymousreply 3809/30/2013

Does anyone miss Connor Paolo yet?

by Anonymousreply 3910/01/2013

Not me R39

by Anonymousreply 4010/01/2013

I miss Declan, he was the best part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 4110/02/2013

I don't think a cast of a tv show has aged so much in just three years as this group. Madeleine Stowe should NOT wear her hair pulled back. She looked like a cadaver. And the veins in her forehead are so pronounced. She is still a beautiful woman but she is looking rather grandmotherly. Gabriel Mann looks ill. He used to be so cute.

by Anonymousreply 4210/02/2013

I too think the son is too convenient. I think it will revealed that Hartley's character is an imposter working with Emily.

by Anonymousreply 4310/02/2013

[quote]Does anyone else think that Henry Czerny is TERRIBLE in this show? He's so phony, wooden and weird. He takes me out of the story every time he's on the screen.

He's OK for the character; I mean, it's only Revenge. He's a fine film actor. But the important thing is that he's a hot daddy. Did you see his chest in that hospital scene?

by Anonymousreply 4410/02/2013

If I could choose one straight actor to be gay it'd be Justin; he came off kinda fey as Fox on Passions, but I guess that's just because he was super rich.

by Anonymousreply 4510/02/2013

The "whisper voice" that Amanda/Emily and Nolan use are so affected.

She never speaks at regular volume. It's always this affected, whispery, somber tone. Nolan speaks softly as well but when the two of them talk to each other it's a hoot...

"Whisper, whisper, Ems"... . "Wihisper, whisper, Nolan"...

I have a push/pull with the show. I start to get into it and then it seems to get boring. And just when I'm about to write it off, it pulls me in a little again. Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 4610/02/2013

So what has actually changed? An exec producer or the writers?

by Anonymousreply 4710/03/2013

"I miss Connor Paolo!" said no one ever.

by Anonymousreply 4810/03/2013

What casting director looked at Connor Paolo and decided that he was the right actor for that part? Does Connor swallow is that what's going on here?

by Anonymousreply 4910/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 5010/03/2013

I like Conor Paolo. Not enough to watch Season 2, but I like him. Maybe Victoria has him stowed in a dungeon somewhere in the basement.

I liked him more as Eric Van Der Woodsen.

by Anonymousreply 5110/03/2013

the guy who plays Jack isn't very tall.

And Connor is even shorter.

On most TV shows younger brothers are shorter than big brothers so that probably played a big factor in Connor getting the part.

by Anonymousreply 5210/03/2013

So what happened to Ashley?

by Anonymousreply 5310/03/2013

r52, they always shoot him from a different angle in scenes with Emily Vancamp.

by Anonymousreply 5410/03/2013

Nolan looks good this season. It's the haircut.

by Anonymousreply 5510/06/2013

This show is almost as subtle as "the Sun Also Sets."

by Anonymousreply 5610/06/2013

Love that we have the gay Nolan back! And his "date" was hot.

The show is getting exciting again - even with Josh Bowman's accent all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 5710/06/2013

Why is Aiden so hell bent on getting back at Emily? I don't remember what happened to drive them apart.

by Anonymousreply 5810/06/2013

[quote] I stopped watching less than midway into Season 2, I think when Fauxmanda died. Can someone recap important things I missed that I need to know before watching Season 3?

Forget season 2. Just know that the initiative doesn't exist anymore. They are dead. Conrad is the governor of NY, but he just stepped down from office because he thinks he has Huntington's Disease. I kind of forgot what happened with Aiden and Emily. Aiden killed Mr Takeda because he found out that Takeda was only using Emily and Aiden to get back at the Graysons because his girlfriend was killed in the flight that Dave Clark was accused of bringing down in a terrorist attack. Aiden wanted he and Emily to go off together and forget the revenge scheme. She didn't want to and so I think that is why they fell out with each other. Now he wants revenge. Jack went to go kill Conrad because he thinks he is behind his wife the fake Amanda's death, but Emily stopped him and she revealed to him that she is the real Amanda. He is mad about her deceiving him and he thinks she shouldn't try to get revenge for her father.

by Anonymousreply 5910/07/2013

We had hints about a mystery regarding Jack and Dec's mother. Any follow-up? (Safe to say we can write Jennifer Jason-Leigh off as Em/Amanda's mom)

by Anonymousreply 6010/07/2013

Much better than season 2 so far.

by Anonymousreply 6110/07/2013

I dunno... It's hard getting into this season so far. I watched season 2, but it really threw the show off for me. The momentum is kind of gone.

by Anonymousreply 6210/07/2013

At least Nolan is back to being gay this season.

by Anonymousreply 6310/07/2013

It is much better than last season, but you have to wonder what in the hell they were thinking when they were writing last season. Were they trying to make the Grayson's pawns, so that they would be more viable and less evil? Thus the creation of the Initiative? And why have Nolan have a female love interest last season? I bet that was network dictated.

by Anonymousreply 6410/07/2013

Last season seemed like a mess of too many ideas and perhaps too many "cooks in the kitchen".

I like that so far, these 2 episodes have been more focused and character-driven. This show is not meant to be so broad.

by Anonymousreply 6510/07/2013

What happened to the Grayson's money? That is what I cannot remember from last season.

by Anonymousreply 6610/07/2013

The Emily/Patrick hotel scene surprised me. I was almost certain he was working for/with her as an imposter son.

by Anonymousreply 6710/07/2013

[quote]What happened to the Grayson's money? That is what I cannot remember from last season.

I think the Graysons put all their money into the Amanda Clark foundation, and Nolan used his Carrion program to siphon it all out.

by Anonymousreply 6810/07/2013

Ratings dropped significantly. This will probably be the last season.

by Anonymousreply 6910/07/2013

Did that French chick play a flight attendant on PAN AM?

by Anonymousreply 7010/07/2013

Right on r70. I couldn't place her during the season premiere, but I figured it out last night (before she stripped down and fucked what's his name).

by Anonymousreply 7110/07/2013

I never noticed until this season how much Christa Allen looks like a young Barbara Hershey:

by Anonymousreply 7210/07/2013

I thought the season opener was quite weak. Was expecting some whoa moment and didn't really get it. The scene on the boat with Emily going down in her wedding dress didn't do it for me. The second episode was a lot stronger imo. It really is more character driven. I always like that.

Did Revenge get a full season order? Wouldn't be surprised if they just do 13 episodes and then be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 7310/08/2013

I think Nolan was always established as being bisexual and the show chose to have him betrayed by a woman last season. Maybe they were concerned about some sort of backlash if the culprit was a man.

by Anonymousreply 7410/08/2013

You are correct that Nolan has always been established as bisexual R74, the show has never waivered from that point.

I've thought these two episodes were quite promising. It does seem more focused. The takedowns of characters are back but they are also more involved as we see with the Priest carrying over.

I like Aiden aiding Victoria. He is a giving her a real reason to hate Emily which has always been missing. I like her knowing the shading things going on with her and Nolan.

Overall I find this season to look promising and this is coming from someone who stopped watching like 2/3rds of the way through season 2.

by Anonymousreply 7510/08/2013

She does R72. Good call!

by Anonymousreply 7610/08/2013

I think that the show is almost as good as the first season.

I don't see how this show can last for more than a few more years. How many more people can she take revenge on before it all blows up on her?

by Anonymousreply 7710/08/2013

It will almost certainly end this season. ABC will definitely be "re-building" next season, probably with more limited series.

by Anonymousreply 7810/08/2013

Did we just see a little spark between Nolan and Patrick at the yacht club?

by Anonymousreply 7910/13/2013

Patrick seems like someone else who will use Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 8010/13/2013

I finally feel the way I did at the end of every episode in season 1.....sorry that I have to wait another week for another one! It is the best improvement of a show that fell off the mark that I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 8110/13/2013

I too am pleasantly surprised that I am enjoying the show again.

by Anonymousreply 8210/14/2013

Feels like they are seeing of a Nolan/Patrick thing could work.

The way those scenes went last night, someone like me sees them as 2 dudes that can't wait to get into bed together. But people less inclined to look for a gay subtext would see their scenes together as hostile or macho assholes trying to one up each other.

As far as I can remember, they haven't shown or indicated that Patrick has either had past (or current) girlfriends or boyfriends. So the show can still go either way with him.

by Anonymousreply 8310/14/2013

r83, I doubt even people not looking for gay subtext would see Nolan as macho.

by Anonymousreply 8410/14/2013

[quote] It will almost certainly end this season.

That's not even remotely "certain", "highly unlikely" is more the case, according to TvByTheNumbers, which rates it as "likely renewal." The highest rating possible for shows that haven't been renewed yet, and very few are renewed this early.

I'm getting into the show again too. You have to be in the mood to absorb a lot of information, because the plot is as complex as ever, but that's the fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 8510/14/2013

Yes, Season 3 has been great so far. Emily has been so in-your-face and brash when she hits out at her enemies now - her anger and bitterness seems to have been amped up 100%. That party scene where she totally humiliated Victoria was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 8610/20/2013

The show is still capable of surprises and some depth. The subplot with the priest allowed them to have Emily wrestle with the consequences of her revenge a bit, and Aiden, well, I'm glad it's working out as it is. That boy is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 8710/20/2013

They really dropped the supposed "great love" from season 1 that Emanda felt for Jack.

by Anonymousreply 8810/20/2013

Are Patrick and Nolan gonna get it on or what?!

by Anonymousreply 8910/21/2013

Finally, Nolan and Patrick kiss! That actor playing Patrick is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 9010/21/2013

Emily and Aiden have better chemistry than she and Jack or she and Daniel do. Hopefully writers will go with them for endgame if a happy ending is in the works.

by Anonymousreply 9110/21/2013

The priest, played by James LeGros (sp?), got top billing under guest stars for playing a corpse in the prologue.

That was interesting.

The kiss between Patrick and Nolan was great.

by Anonymousreply 9210/21/2013

I hated season 2.

Fucking hated it.

by Anonymousreply 9310/21/2013

Finally - our suspicions about Patrick have been least partially.

by Anonymousreply 9410/21/2013

Yeah, great episode tonight. Patrick is cute, Nolan is cool. I don't really like Aiden. I like her with Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 9510/21/2013

The show is much better in terms of pacing and character.

by Anonymousreply 9610/21/2013

I wasn't sure until yesterday. But after last night's episode I'm almost certain that Patrick is straight and following his own agenda.

by Anonymousreply 9710/21/2013

Much better than last year, but they are in the third year of a concept that should not really be stretched beyond one series. It seems like they are just going in circles and filling time until they can do the big reveal.

by Anonymousreply 9810/21/2013

I hope you're wrong r97, Nolan's lovers always seem to have ulterior motives. It'd just be a replay of the grifter from the first season using him.

by Anonymousreply 9910/21/2013

Damn. Patrick and Nolan. Yum!!

by Anonymousreply 10110/27/2013

damn , they've pulled me in! just hate "Ems" , such an unlikable character but loving me some Nolan.

sure BOTH he and Patrick have some agenda(s) but hope it's like Emily & Aidan , they stay involved.

any spoilers?

by Anonymousreply 10210/29/2013

This show is hanging by a thread in terms of numbers, which is surprising given it is much better as a whole than last season. There is stiff competition, but if it sinks any lower, ABC won't renew it.

by Anonymousreply 10310/29/2013

It's not easy for a show to recover a from a dip in ratings it went through last season, especially now where there is so much competition in TV and getting high ratings is hard. People liked it, then didn't like so they moved on to something else.

Those of us who kept watching appreciate it got better, but thats the problem, not a lot of people kept watching and you aren't going to get them to tune back in unless the buzz go to level where this show just simply isn't going to get to.

by Anonymousreply 10410/29/2013

I love the actor that plays Jack. Very sexy

by Anonymousreply 10510/30/2013

It does have very stiff competition, and that is the reason for the low numbers. But Revenge is lucky it have made to the 3rd season, now the network is weighing the issue of syndication in whether or not they renew. Plenty of low rated shows are renewed so they can keep producing episodes for future syndication. They are also begging to be moved to the 10pm slot so they don't have to go head to head with Walking Dead anymore. Betrayal is flopping hard, so the spot will be open next year.

by Anonymousreply 10610/30/2013

i am loving this season! I am thrilled they listened to real viewers a la Nielsen buddies and dropped the Initiative. It nearly ruined Buffy, and almost did the same here.

It's back to what is was ordered to do: campy fun.

And they're doing it deliciously, thankfully offing the weakling Ashley, tying up loose ends beautifully while retaining and building on if they could only deep six Aiden and focus on the hotness that is Bowman....

by Anonymousreply 10710/30/2013

At first I was thinking that Patrick is being very calculating in starting a relationship with Nolan. And I do still believe that he has motives that haven’t been shared with the viewers yet. But when was talking to his mom about how he met someone special that he thought could be a serious thing, that seemed pretty genuine to me.

Of course it’s possible he’s scamming Victoria too. It was notable that in their discussion he used the ‘someone special’ phrase instead of saying it was a guy. And nothing Victoria said gave away that she knew he is gay either.

Yes he told Nolan that Victoria knows he’s gay, but if he’s truly a short-change con artist (or something more sinister) then everything he tells anybody could be a lie. The ex-wife that Nolan talked to could be in on it as well.

I don’t want to think that way, but the fact that they’ve presented NONE of his backstory so far should make people leery of him. But it would be nice if he turns out to be a good boyfriend for Nolan – and if the program presented a gay person that wasn’t evil or a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 10810/31/2013

Remember, Patrick is David Clarke's son, so he's going to have a noble streak.

by Anonymousreply 10910/31/2013

r109, he is not Clarke's son. He is the product of a rape when Victoria was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 11010/31/2013

It was my favorite show when it went through its first season, then I quit watching during season 2. This thread makes me want to start watching again. I will skip Season 2 but can someone please catch me up"

1. Fauxmanda died, right? Who killed her and why? Did her death have any lasting impact?

2. What happened to Emanda's mother (Jennifer Jason Leigh)?

3. Daniel and the party planner/personal assistant with the British accent (I forget her name) hooked up. What happened to her? Last I saw was the flashback when Amanda saved her from being forced into prostitution.

I think I can catch up without watching the rest of the awful season 2 but if someone could please fill me in on the above, plus anything else important, I'd appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 11110/31/2013

R111, the last eight episodes of season 2 are pretty good. If you watch any of that horrible season, only watch that much.

Emanda's mother left. And I can't even remember why.

Justin Hartley is smokin hot! I didn't want to like Patrick, but I really do.

Unfortunately, almost everything we learn about him makes him seem that more sinister to me.

What is up with his obsession with water? Did the real Patrick drown or something? Was he friends/lovers with the real Patrick? Is the ex-wife still somehow involved?

by Anonymousreply 11211/03/2013

Why is Charlotte such a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 11311/03/2013

Is Justin Hartley gone?

If so, I'm not sure what the point of Patrick and Nolan was.

by Anonymousreply 11511/03/2013

i'm sure justin hartley will be back later.

Emily put got porky this season. Still looks great though...

by Anonymousreply 11611/04/2013

Another solid episode. Although it is understanable why fans may not be invested anymore - the episodes are slow-moving compared to seasons 1 and 2.

by Anonymousreply 11711/04/2013

Fauxmanda died during some Revenge scheme by some guys who Jack's father had done business with years before. I don't even remember the details and it's not even worth bothering to look them up. That storyline, like all things related to the bar, was terrible.

Jennifer Jason Leigh, I also don't remember why she left. Though it turned out she was married to the white haired man. But JJL was terrible in the role and completely out of place on the show. It's a shame Anne Heche wasn't available last year because she would have fucking killed in that role.

Ashley got run out of town in the first episode of this season. She and Emily had fallen out and she wore out her welcome with Victoria after she screwed Conrad. They blackmailed her into going back to England.

by Anonymousreply 11811/04/2013

I get why Charlotte is living with Jack over the Stowaway -- she still thinks "Amanda" was her sister and that the baby is her nephew -- but why is she suddenly co-managing it? Are we supposed to forget she's only 18?

by Anonymousreply 11911/04/2013

What is with Conrad and Aiden wearing the same outfit the last few weeks? Wardrobe budget a bust?

Great ep, though and you know Patrick will be back.

Everyone has a need for revenge. This new character, Sara, could be a thorne for Emily, pardon the pun.

by Anonymousreply 12011/04/2013

I love this show again. The last episode was amazing. The bitch fights alone are pretty awesome.

And please keep Patrick gay. Please.

by Anonymousreply 12111/04/2013

I'm just kind of catching up on the season - why does Patrick want to kill Conrad? Is he supposed to be a really bad kind of character?

by Anonymousreply 12211/04/2013

Patrick's supposed to be shady and inscrutable.

I'm rooting for Patrick's affair with Nolan to be more than a chess move.

At about 00:34, when Nolan walks into the room, you can tell he dresses to the right.

by Anonymousreply 12311/04/2013

I'm loving this new season too. I watched last year, but I wasn't happy about it. First year was the best so far, but I think this season could surpass it. Doesn't hurt that they've amped up the camp and the shirtlessness and the gay.

by Anonymousreply 12411/04/2013

Quite a few homophobic comments on the Revenge Facebook page.

Hope shit like this doesn't stop the writers from including more hot boy/boy kisses.

by Anonymousreply 12511/04/2013

Last season they introduced too many forgettable characters such as Jennifer Jason Leigh and Roger Bart that only took up screen time without really adding any depth to the show. Glad to see they are focusing on original plot, allowing Nolan to come into his own separate from Emily, at least for one episode.

by Anonymousreply 12611/04/2013

Lots of nice chests in this episode. Hope this isn't the end for Aiden - that man makes me lightheaded.

Also, have you noticed that every shot around a pool in this show has the pavement wet? A production designer somewhere obviously thinks this is important.

by Anonymousreply 12711/11/2013

The show is extremely slow-moving, which is a departure from the suspense of season 1. Still much better than most of season 2.

by Anonymousreply 12811/11/2013

The show hit new lows last night.

Wonder how much longer it will be on?

Can't see it going beyond next year, if that.

by Anonymousreply 12911/11/2013

It's slow moving, R128, because it's difficult to fill that many episodes with the story of getting revenge on the Graysons. I mean, at some point you just need to get on with life. At least Dynasty had big shoulder pads.

by Anonymousreply 13011/12/2013

I actually like that the show no longer only focuses on Emily/Amanda's revenge plans. We had to know at some point that her plans would cause a ripple effect.

Whatever became of Patrick's ex-wife (?) in FL? Can anyone help me here?

by Anonymousreply 13111/12/2013

Refresh my memory.. why does Charlotte now hate Emily?

by Anonymousreply 13211/12/2013

[quote] Jennifer Jason Leigh, I also don't remember why she left. Though it turned out she was married to the white haired man. But JJL was terrible in the role and completely out of place on the show. It's a shame Anne Heche wasn't available last year because she would have fucking killed in that role

Funny that you mention Anne Heche. The actor who plays Amanda Clarke's father (Dave Clarke)in the flash backs is James Tupper who is Anne's real life boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 13311/13/2013

I think the season would have been much better if they'd killed off Charlotte, written out Aiden and cast a hotter, more distinctive looking actor as Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 13411/13/2013

Amber Valletta!!

by Anonymousreply 13511/17/2013

This is getting GOOD now!! Usually I flip to TGW during commercials but last night, I couldn't.

However, ABC sucks with all the other programming and shit that's coming on over the next 2 weeks.

The AMAs and some stupid ass movie will be aired over the next two Sundays. On the other hand, I'll be able to watch TGW.

It looks like the writers are setting this up to be revenge for more characters than Emily, which isn't a bad idea. As someone else said up thread, at some point you have to move on with your life.

by Anonymousreply 13611/18/2013

A 3 week break will be the final nail in this show's coffin.

by Anonymousreply 13711/18/2013

You know a show is coming to an end when the ratings are low AND the internet buzz goes silent. This thread pretty much being dead shows that even the hard-core fans are jumping ship.

by Anonymousreply 13811/20/2013

Josh Bowman wants to be killed off. Good. I've wanted Daniel dead since season one.

by Anonymousreply 13911/20/2013

The show is moving an hour later to 10pm EST. This move will either kill it for good, or help it by avoiding the stiff competition.

by Anonymousreply 14011/20/2013

Why does the Amber Valetta character hate Emily? It was Victoria's goon who pushed her over the railing, and Conrad who had the plane blown up.

by Anonymousreply 14111/21/2013

Lydia hates Emily for taking her house; she figured out Em was up to no good and blamed her for her falling out with Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 14211/21/2013

Doesn't Lydia know the truth about Emanda?

by Anonymousreply 14311/21/2013

r139, if the show goes lower, I don't think any of them are going to have to worry behind the end of this season.

by Anonymousreply 14411/21/2013

I heard the show was begging to be moved to 10pm EST, but I thought that was just the plan for next season. And now it's already happened. It won't have to go head to head with Walking Dead anymore. Both are great shows and many of us are watching both. I download everything I watch so the schedule doesn't make any difference to me, but most people still watch broadcast tv and this move should save Revenge. Very smart of the network not to keep the certain to be cancelled Betrayal there. They want a few more seasons of Revenge for the syndication money.

by Anonymousreply 14511/21/2013

[quote]Josh Bowman wants to be killed off.

Yes, so that wooden, no-talent can go on to win that Oscar he so richly deserves.

by Anonymousreply 14611/21/2013

I know actors prefer not to be the boring good guy, but I always felt the story would have been more interesting if they would have kept Daniel as a true good guy. It would have added an interesting layer to Amanda's revenge if one of her victims was free of wrong doing and had her be a little conflicted about the collateral damage she was about to inflict. While always not the most interesting characters, I think in the long run soaps benefit from having a few Bobby Ewing type characters. You need some contrast from the villains and anti-heroes.

I do see why he is a bit frustrated because they are all over the place with his character, sometimes he is a good guy with a conscience and sometimes he is Conrad Jr. depending on what the plot needs.

by Anonymousreply 14711/21/2013

Daniel doing the Titanic thing with his bakery whore's $7500 necklace was a little hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 14812/10/2013

4th season is a lock, they want the syndication money. It's not doing any better than Nashville, but Nashville is failing in season 2, so it's toast. 5th season looks like a long-shot now, if they haven't turned it around a month or two into season 4, it won't get a 5th.

I like it, liked the last episode, it's just a soap but it's a really good one. I hope it gets 6 or more seasons. Way better than the 80s nighttime soaps, Dallas, Dynasty, I didn't watch any of them.

by Anonymousreply 14912/10/2013

What happened with Nolan and Patrick at the end? It was interrupted here for a breaking news alert.

by Anonymousreply 15012/15/2013

Am I the only one who thinks that Victoria could lose both of her sons by the end of this season?

I'm sure if that happens she'll want REVENGE!

by Anonymousreply 15112/15/2013

They're giving Emily amnesia. Apparently the former writers of The Secret Storm have moved on to write Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 15212/15/2013

Emily with amnesia! The show is getting better. Can't wait. Am I the only one that wants her to love Daniel?

by Anonymousreply 15312/15/2013

Always take the amnesia route when you run out of ideas, (yawn). I like Emily with Jack, that's who she's supposed to be with. I don't want her with the British dude or Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 15412/16/2013

Emily's faking it.

by Anonymousreply 15512/16/2013

Very good episode!

by Anonymousreply 15612/16/2013

Won't be watching any longer. This show is officially in cardiac arrest. They'll be lucky to get past January without threats they won't be returning after May. These new writers better have a "tie it all up" script waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 15712/16/2013

It's time to reveal David Clarke is alive. That will obviously be the end result, but I think it all depends on if the show gets a 4th season.

by Anonymousreply 15812/16/2013

Amber Valetta is HOT.

by Anonymousreply 15912/16/2013

R157, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. The show only needs one more season to have enough episodes for syndication. Syndication rights are highly valued by networks, it's extremely rare for a 3 season show to get cancelled before they've made enough episodes for syndication. You just want it to get cancelled fast because you hate it, even though mid-season finale was fabulous. Good enough for a season ending finale. The ratings have been going up the last few weeks, and last night's episode matched the show's record for audience retention from Once Upon A Time, 95%.

The link below explains how important the syndication considerations are in whether a show gets renewed. Sorry to burst your bubble haters, but it's almost certainly on for a 4th season, though I'll grant you a 5th season looks iffy.

by Anonymousreply 16012/16/2013

[quote] What happened with Nolan and Patrick at the end? It was interrupted here for a breaking news alert.

sort of a spoiler alert, but not really

they were making out and Nolan said he was going to take a shower and for Patrick to turn on some music and join him in the shower. Patrick opens a drawer and finds 5 or 6 remote controls. He grabs one of the remote controls and hits a button expecting the stereo or tv to turn on. Instead a picture on the wall slides away and exposes a wall safe. That's where it ended with N & P. I wonder if Emily's wooden box with all her secrets is in there?

by Anonymousreply 16112/16/2013

oh really? that british dude wants to be killed off? is he still dating the girl who plays emily?

by Anonymousreply 16212/16/2013

Does he think he'll do much better? He's pretty, but he's a horrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 16312/16/2013

I do get what he was saying about the writers changing Daniel's personality and motivations many times. But an actor has to deal with that and do the best they can, that is what they are being paid to do.

He should not be so eager to jump ship, he is most definitely not "better than Revenge". He is pretty enough to land another series but no guarantee the writing will treat him any better.

by Anonymousreply 16412/16/2013

He has slimmed up since last season and looks kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 16512/17/2013

How did Daniel not see Aiden or Victoria, or did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 16612/17/2013

No one watched? Amnesia? Paging Days of Our Lives...

by Anonymousreply 16701/06/2014

Yes amnesia r167, I forgot it was coming back this early. They're doing a split season and will be off for a month and 1/2, but still have 3 episodes in January first. I don't have cable and just download, so I couldn't have seen it "live" anyway. Glad I didn't see any spoilers here. Off to download it.

by Anonymousreply 16801/06/2014

Very good return episode. Some of these season 3 shows dragged early on, but this one was over way too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 16901/06/2014

I thought the amnesia was silly, but I'm glad it's resolved already and I like the things it set in motion. I'm really hoping that they discover Emily's true identity in the second half of this season and that next year (the final season) is an all out war.

by Anonymousreply 17001/06/2014

Why declare the 4th season the last? The ratings went up again last night, it's been trending up the last 6 or so episodes. Up 20% from the last episode, which had tied its record for audience retention from OUAT. OUAT has been dragging it down, it didn't have to follow that albatross last night and got the highest season 3 ratings since episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 17101/06/2014

Loved last night's episode.

RIP, Victoria's Handwriting Chair.

by Anonymousreply 17201/06/2014

I really enjoyed how Victoria's line, "You're out of your depth, Lydia" set up Conrad selling Lyd down the river. Also enjoyed Conrad telling Daniel to go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 17301/06/2014

The only good thing about the amensia plotline is that it was over in one episode, I hate that trope and this use of it was no better.

Other than that decent episode for what Revenge is now.

by Anonymousreply 17401/06/2014

I haven't been watching this season. Did they show who shot Emily?

by Anonymousreply 17501/09/2014

Yes, that's never been a mystery to the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 17601/09/2014

Wow! I just watched the 2nd to last episode on demand. I guess that's one way to get rid of Emily's 1 too many suitors. Will they stick to the plan and still frame Victoria?..

by Anonymousreply 17701/09/2014

The show needs more men fucking.

by Anonymousreply 17801/09/2014

What did Victoria just do to Emily's plumbing? Damn text messages! I missed it...

by Anonymousreply 17901/12/2014

Numbers going down this week = Golden Globes.

Numbers going up way up next week = the real mid-season finale. It's taking 6 weeks off after that.

Another great episode, love this show. Stowe deserves an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 18001/13/2014

What? No mention of Patrick and Nolan?! What do you think will happen now?

Was anyone else shocked by what was in the infinity box? I had no idea that the really incriminating stuff was removed by Emily.

Emily needs to get a second opinion on her medical issue. When they showed the nurse checking Em's dressing, I didn't think that would affect her lady plumbing.

by Anonymousreply 18101/13/2014

[quote] Emily needs to get a second opinion on her medical issue.

Really, she dumped gorgeous Aiden on Victoria's word? You'd definitely want to get that confirmed first, but really Emily just doesn't want to let go of her revenge and won't let anything get in its way.

by Anonymousreply 18201/13/2014

Patrick stabbed Nolan in the back, or more accurately hit him over the head, so of course they're through. It is kinda a bummer, again, we'll have to wait through another dalliance with a woman, before Nolan can get another boyfriend, but Pat just wasn't the one for him.

by Anonymousreply 18301/13/2014

r183 - They've done a really bad job writing Patrick. Or maybe the actor is just shite. It's really not clear if he ever had an attraction to Nolan, or whether he really is that into his mom.

It seems odd there hasn't been a more prevalent sibling rivalry storyline with Daniel & Patrick, but I guess that would be too much wood in one scene.

I don't think there's been any mention of Nolan & women this season. I'm hoping his "bi" side has just gone away quietly. When he was having random hook-ups earlier in the season, I think they were all male??

by Anonymousreply 18401/14/2014

Remember when Nolan was recounting that the tabloids had outed him as gay, and it caused a rift with his dad? It seemed like part of what bothered him about it was it was technically inaccurate since he's bi, although that distinction would've made little, if any, difference to his dad or anyone else. Yes they did show Nolan with a number of male tricks this season before he hooked up with Patrick, and that would indicate the show has gotten the message that the audience wants him to be primarily gay. This is the show that completely abandoned its season 2 cliffhanger, so there's no question it pays attention to audience feedback and adapts accordingly. He's one of the few gay main characters on tv right now, and more importantly, he's a fully realized person first, and queer second. But the way they presented the tabloid outing suggested they haven't given up on insisting he's bi. I do expect more affairs with women, unfortunately, especially since being open to both sexes works well with soap opera plotting, which typically involves complicated romantic entanglements.

by Anonymousreply 18501/14/2014

I don't know if they'll pair him with more women. The one they did seemed like an awkward relationship. He works better with men.

by Anonymousreply 18601/14/2014

Actually those suggesting it isn't necessarily over with Patrick could be right. I wouldn't forgive him, but maybe Nolan will. Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 18701/14/2014

Aiden's haircut does not become him. It makes him look older and like a suburban dad.

by Anonymousreply 18801/19/2014

It hilarious and sad to me that so many posters want to magically erase that Nolan is bi. Male bisexuality is completely invisible on television, of course selfishly I just want to see Nolan rolling around with hot guys, but I love the fact that he is a male bisexual character and it is silly to think the show is ever going to change that. They went out of their way to clearly have him state his kinsey score for christsakes.

by Anonymousreply 18901/19/2014

Some great twists last night.

I thought the story was that Victoria was a young golddigger who roped Conrad away from the wife? Stowe and Gail O'Grady are the same age, no?

by Anonymousreply 19001/20/2014

This show is so fucking good lately.

Emily's blacking out and doing... what?! Or should I say whom?! So many twists and turns tonight, and a fascinating performance by Madeline Stowe.

Justin Hartley may be limited as an actor, but he is so fucking hot I don't care. What room did he set afire anyway?

And who played the mother of that bakery slut? The actress looked familiar.

Conrad has become my favorite character. The OG: Original Grayson, waltzing through the show making glib comments and fucking over everyone he meets... Awesome.

by Anonymousreply 19101/20/2014

Also, I want Victoria to have a long-lost brother, who's played by Tommy Wiseau.

by Anonymousreply 19201/20/2014

Is there homosexual content on this show?

by Anonymousreply 19301/20/2014

Yes, r193. One gay swung wood at another gay.

by Anonymousreply 19401/20/2014

R189 - no one's saying to erase that they ever called him 'bi'. People are saying it works better when they make him gay because, well, he just seems more gay than straight. Or bi, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 19501/20/2014

Who is drugging Emily?

by Anonymousreply 19601/20/2014

I think Emily's dissociating either due to the head trauma she experienced and/or the stress of finding out that she can't have children.

by Anonymousreply 19701/21/2014

[quote]Justin Hartley may be limited as an actor, but he is so fucking hot I don't care. What room did he set afire anyway?

The gallery he owns with Victoria, I think.

by Anonymousreply 19801/21/2014

Maybe Conrad is drugging Emily, since she drugged him? I don't know. I don't pay close enough attention to this show to follow it sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 19901/21/2014

Well the plot is always very complex r199, it's work catching all the details. I actually watched the last episode twice.

I expected more complaining after this last episode because the show actually hit an all-time low ratings wise, yikes! It was because of heavy competition from football though, 47 million viewers, a 15 share. When it comes back it'll have been moved to the 10pm slot, so it'll never again have to compete with Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, and many other notable shows. I saw a full list in the comments on TvByTheNumbers and it was long. Every week it had to face murderous competition.

by Anonymousreply 20001/22/2014

r200, the competition definitely affects this show. The playback on Live+7 DVR is heavy. The show is more intriguing than it has been in a while, certainly by introducing new dynamics.

Only odd part of the episode was the arrival of Conrad's first wife without any seeming build up or reference.

by Anonymousreply 20101/22/2014

As for Conrad's first wife, Victoria did mention her to Daniel, how she had to eliminate the first Mrs. Grayson from Con's life.

I love this show and wish it got more attention.

by Anonymousreply 20201/22/2014

ABC royally screwed the show over during season 2. Going into season 2, it was heavily promoted and received a lot of attention. Scheduling and bad story ruined any momentum.

by Anonymousreply 20301/22/2014

r200 - Do you work for the show or something?

r191 - Bakery slut's mom has been a regular in a bunch of tv dramas, including Chicago Hope. So maybe she'll be a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 20401/22/2014

Jayne Brook the actress who played Sara's ma, is married to John Terlesky the former hottie actor (Deathstalker!) who directed the ep.

by Anonymousreply 20501/22/2014

I gave up on this show after the season premiere because it just seemed to me the show was spinning its wheels in a ditch. I didn't give a fuck about Charlotte, for starters. But I watched the last five episodes On Demand today, starting with the lead-in to the wedding and I'm glad I did. It's pure soapy goodness. I'm so glad that Emily can now at least no longer hide her overall bitchy attitude with the Graysons while still masking her true identity and agenda. I do think this should all have happened in Season 2, though, not this one.

by Anonymousreply 20603/09/2014

Yes it's good again, and it returns tonight in its new time-slot, 10pm, so it won't get slaughtered by Walking Dead and all the other competition at 9pm.

by Anonymousreply 20703/09/2014

Does Em have DID?

by Anonymousreply 20803/10/2014

Love the show, especially Madeline Stowe giving a master class is high class soap acting, but Josh Bowman makes me crazy. Yes, he's hot, but why do the classy Hamptons based Graysons have a son who talks like some lower east side ragamuffin? It's so ridiculous. Bad casting. Can we get a new Daniel for season four with a proper accent please?

by Anonymousreply 20903/10/2014

I called the ending the minute they had Gail O'Grady at the bar.

by Anonymousreply 21003/10/2014

Me too R210

by Anonymousreply 21103/10/2014

I can't get invested in this show this season. I try to watch, but miss half the story lines. I think part of the reason is the breaks they always take in airing. I might have to download all the shows and do a couple marathon weekends, which is the way I watched season one. Was much better that way to follow along and get hooked.

by Anonymousreply 21203/10/2014

I think the show will now be new through the end of the season. This is how networks should run their dramas - split into "half seasons".

by Anonymousreply 21303/10/2014

I wish Nolan and Patrick would get back together.

by Anonymousreply 21403/10/2014

Patrick is certifiable.

Don't tell me Jack will be Conrad's son.

by Anonymousreply 21503/10/2014

Jack's dad was a fat fat fatty drunk so it's possible he wasn't the one who impregnated the mom.

Madeline Stowe's acting during her monologue about the rape owed a lot to Meryl Streep' performance in Sophie's Choice, minus the accent. I thought her best acting was simply reacting to Patrick's monologue in the car about not feeling love as a child.

by Anonymousreply 21603/10/2014

Oh my gosh...Gail O'Grady looks FANTASTIC and she is a welcome addition to this show!

by Anonymousreply 21703/11/2014

She purses her lips a tad too much but maybe she'll tone it down as she settles into it.

by Anonymousreply 21803/11/2014

So, Patrick is gone for good?

by Anonymousreply 21903/16/2014

So THAT was the explanation for her blackouts? Zzzzzzzz. I mean WTF was the point?

by Anonymousreply 22003/17/2014

I thought the poolside scene with Victoria and Nolan toasting Patrick's future was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 22103/17/2014

That's it.

I'm out.

Just cancelled the series on my DVR.

The whole "I'm your mother!" thing was such a stupid soap opera twist.

by Anonymousreply 22203/20/2014

Wait what happened R222?

by Anonymousreply 22303/20/2014

Jack found out that Grayson's first wife was his mother (she'd had an affair with his bar-owner father.)

Naturally, Grayson didn't notice that his wife was pregnant for nine months and had a baby at all.

What I did like was her excuse for never contacting him: Because she was a sloppy drunk 20 years ago.

At least that explains a lot about slow, stupid Jack: He suffers from fetal alcohol poisoning. And likes blue. And the shapes that aren't squares.

by Anonymousreply 22403/21/2014

r222, really impress us and remove the thread from your watcher. I know it'll annoy you that others are still enjoying the show, but we'd prefer not to hear about it after every new episode. TIA

by Anonymousreply 22503/21/2014

[quote]I know it'll annoy you that others are still enjoying the show

I could not possibly care less. What an odd world you live in where you would assume otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 22603/21/2014

[quote] What an odd world you live in where you would assume otherwise.

That odd world is called DL. People hate thread-watch here all the time. If you're really leaving the thread for good, have a nice life :)

by Anonymousreply 22703/21/2014

Thank you. But I don't get people who are so invested in shows that they even care if someone else doesn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 22803/21/2014

I don't get people who stop watching a show but continue posting how much they hate the show in its thread. And I do see that in this odd world here all the time.

by Anonymousreply 22903/21/2014

Good luck controlling how people post on the Internet, hon.

by Anonymousreply 23003/21/2014

Oh, I thought we were just sharing about overly-invested people we don't get.

by Anonymousreply 23103/21/2014

The lack of posts on Revenge in the past week is an alarming (but unsurprising) development. The 2-month break hurts viewership. I think that networks are stupid for keeping the tradition.

Add to the long break what seems to be poor character development. The problems are best captured in the below blog (see link).

Justin Hartley deserves a mention, however: His apparent farewell scene -- working out with a leather speed bag -- caught everyone's attention. He is, quite simply, stunning; his body is absolute perfection.

R221, the scene with Victoria and Nolan was sweet.

And Patrick's goodbye scene with Victoria was one of Ms. Stowe's most brilliant moments of the entire series. When Revenge is put to bed, I hope that ABC will create a new series for her.

by Anonymousreply 23203/21/2014

R232, I agree with the recent development, BUT I think the last episode put the show back on track again. Useless Patrick is gone, Emily's stupid black outs are over (even though I didn't like how they resolved it, a cop out imo). I think from now on the show will get better, at least I hope so!

by Anonymousreply 23303/21/2014

This is something that struck me as odd/silly: If Stevie Grayson is Jack's mother... who was Declan's mother? And why would she still be around to give birth to him?

by Anonymousreply 23403/21/2014

R234, Jack and Declan didn't seem to be that close in age. Perhaps Jack was a "baby on the doorstep" before Jack's Dad married Declan's Mom. It would explain why Jack and Declan didn't look alike; which we'd be bitching about for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 23503/21/2014

R235 That doesn't make any sense, as the two characters have always referred to "our mother" leaving.

I would buy it if the second child was outside the marriage -- maybe she left because of that -- but not the first.

by Anonymousreply 23603/21/2014

I think r235 makes sense, if Jack's dad didn't meet Declan's mom until after Jack was born, he could've been so young he didn't remember the gap before she entered their lives. And therefore he wouldn't know she wasn't his real mom, and there was never any reason to tell him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 23703/21/2014

I only watched for Justin Hartley. This show is Dynasty on crack.

by Anonymousreply 23803/22/2014

Olivier Martinez is guesting? He still looks hot as ever.

by Anonymousreply 23903/23/2014

I want to make out with Gabriel Mann.

by Anonymousreply 24003/23/2014

Bring back Patrick.

And Olivier is aging badly and so not hot.

by Anonymousreply 24103/24/2014

Nolan's little hacker friend is kind of hot. Will Nolan hack into pants at some point?

by Anonymousreply 24203/24/2014

Is Nolan gay this week?

by Anonymousreply 24303/24/2014

Thought it was a fun episode last night. Loving Gail O'Grady.

by Anonymousreply 24403/24/2014

Stowe's forehead really distracted me last night for its utter inability to move one millimeter. Usually I think she is great, but sometimes I think she comes off tiresome. I think the fact that Daniel is now clearly evil, you just have a little too much smug in their scenes together.

I actually preferred when Daniel was likable and had some redeeming qualities. It added some conflict for Emily and things were not so black and white. Plus the actor is not nuanced enough to make an interesting bad guy. He basically just twirls his mustache. I thought he was actually decent in the thankless role as the boring nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 24503/24/2014

He is so bad! I was laughing when he was about to go after Emily and put his hands on the desk and started huffing and puffing.

The biggest mistake on the show wasn't season 2, it was not killing Daniel back in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 24603/24/2014

To be fair, r245, Daniel is a thankless role regardless, but Bowman is weak nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 24703/24/2014

Totally agree with you, R246. Watching Daniel with his "if looks could kill face" almost made me do a Jerry Lewis spit take with my chilled Sancerre!

by Anonymousreply 24803/24/2014

Couldn't Olivier afford a decent dentist? His teefs are almost as bad as Megan's on Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 24903/30/2014

No mention of the "guest" appearance (was she even credited?) last night of Morgan Fairchild as one of Victoria's cronies? She looks totally bizarre -- her face is like something out of a wax museum, and not a good one.

by Anonymousreply 25003/31/2014

Oliver needs to fix his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 25103/31/2014

It was nice to see Morgan Fairchild's 80s hair put to good use. Loved Victoria's 'Dreamgirls' hair at the casino.

by Anonymousreply 25204/01/2014

Bring back Victoria's serial killer eldest son Patrick. He's the jock version of Norman Bates.

by Anonymousreply 25304/02/2014

So what's this thing where Aiden's father was blamed for the same exact plane crash as Emily's father, yet the two, despite years of revenge training together, never mentioned it before? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 25404/07/2014

Margeaux' hair just gets worse and worse.

And what the fuck is up with Nolan's roommate's accent?

by Anonymousreply 25504/07/2014

Speaking of bad hair, Aiden's 'do looks like crap. He needs close cropped hair.

by Anonymousreply 25604/07/2014

OK, the dude they cast as Gideon better be hot.

by Anonymousreply 25704/08/2014

Gideon is going to be younger than Margaux, who's in her late 20s. Louis Garrell is the same age as Karine Vanasse.

by Anonymousreply 25804/08/2014

And he looks like Angelica Huston.

by Anonymousreply 25904/08/2014

[quote] So what's this thing where Aiden's father was blamed for the same exact plane crash as Emily's father, yet the two, despite years of revenge training together, never mentioned it before? Huh?

It's been mentioned before. I think his dad was a baggage handler at the airport

by Anonymousreply 26004/08/2014

[quote] That's it. I'm out. Just cancelled the series on my DVR. The whole "I'm your mother!" thing was such a stupid soap opera twist.

Really? The whole switched identities (Amanda/ Emily) wasn't soapy? Or the long lost son (Patrick)? Or Emily finding out that her long presumed dead mother was actually alive and has suddenly appeared? Or Victoria Grayson supposedly being in a plane that exploded over the ocean, and then finding out she is alive? All that nonsense was okay, but the Jack and his mother thing wasn't?

by Anonymousreply 26104/08/2014

Gail O'Grady is so pretty. I looked her up, she's been married six times!

by Anonymousreply 26204/08/2014

I didn't get why Jack decided to suddenly pack her bags and tell her she was going back to LA. Why didn't he just call her sponsor?

by Anonymousreply 26304/08/2014

R263, I think Jack is using her alcoholism as an excuse to get her out of harm's way. Stevie doesn't know how dangerous Conrad is or suspect he's behind David's setup. Jack would also be afraid that she'll discover Emily's true identity and get immersed in her plan. Thus, my guess is he wants to protect her and sent her away to do so.

by Anonymousreply 26404/08/2014

Another cog in the conspiracy!

by Anonymousreply 26504/13/2014

She's a man, baby!

by Anonymousreply 26604/13/2014

Bring back Justin Hartley. Please. Handsome, hot, good actor. He made the most of soapy lines. I know he has a pilot, but it sounds like one of those "Friends" clones shows. There are and have been so many of them. Hartley needs to be back with Nolan. OMG he is so hot. And butch.

Not liking the little troll who has moved in with Nolan. Not liking the aging before our eyes Olivier whoever he is, Victoria's latest squeeze.

The French girl's storyline is getting dull.' Charlotte is dull. Stop adding new characters who appear and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 26704/13/2014

The show's getting back into the swing of it, after a two episode lull, the last two have been fun again.

by Anonymousreply 26804/13/2014

Last night's show was actually fun to watch, even though it was obvious Tim DeKay's character was never a thought before.

I still think they should plan for next season to be the last.

by Anonymousreply 26904/14/2014

If nolan is done being gay can aiden be gay now, I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 27004/14/2014

I don't mind soapiness, but they need to tone down on everyone speaking in short soap whisper threats. On Nolan it seems especially silly. The show is on an endless cycle of two people running into each other, sneering, and doing a whisper threat and then quickly on to the next scene which will often involve an unknown relative who will be on the show for three episodes and then leave as if nothing happened.

I will say the end of the show did show some signs of real plot advancement, so maybe they are going to get out of these ruts. It can be a fun show, but with the premise, it would have worked much better as a one or maybe two season series, or at least have Emily's real identity revealed so they could move on to different things.

by Anonymousreply 27104/14/2014

ITA, R271. It's getting too convoluted with all the characters who just pop up and are responsible for David's death.

by Anonymousreply 27204/14/2014

They can probably get a final season out of this, especially if David is actually alive. I assume that reveal or Victoria finding out the whole truth will be the cliffhanger.

by Anonymousreply 27304/14/2014

Yeah, I think Victoria needs to find out Emily's real identity and then next season needs to be the last. At this point, I also think a good twist would be that Emily ultimately finds out her dad actually was involved in taking down the plane and isn't as innocent as she thinks. Because let's face it there aren't a lot of surprises left in this show and it would be nice if Emily got taken down a peg.

by Anonymousreply 27404/14/2014

I wouldn't be surprised to see Emily and Victoria teaming up at the end to bring down that whole syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 27504/14/2014

R274, wouldn't that be stealing from Scandal?

by Anonymousreply 27604/14/2014

There are 2 more episodes and someone is getting killed off in one of them

by Anonymousreply 27704/14/2014

I just want more shirtless Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 27804/14/2014

I want a shirtless Daniel to die.

by Anonymousreply 27904/16/2014

R275, I think that is exactly what is going to eventually happen. They keep showing that side of Victoria, still guilt ridden and longing for redemption. Perhaps she will get to testify against Conrad for a pardon?

Dammit R227. Now I have this haunting feeling that it will be Aiden. Does anyone know if it has indeed been given another season? The last time I read anything a few weeks ago, it was still very much in danger of being axed.

by Anonymousreply 28004/16/2014

Opps, I meant R277, not 227.

by Anonymousreply 28104/16/2014

The Aiden actor badmouthed the show to the press. That's always a dangerous thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 28204/17/2014

Josh Bowman is one of the hottest guys on tv and a big reason to watch Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 28304/17/2014

Charlotte is such a dumb bitch. I hope she ends up dead by the end of this season.

by Anonymousreply 28404/19/2014

[quote] I wouldn't be surprised to see Emily and Victoria teaming up at the end to bring down that whole syndicate.

I also wouldn't be surprised if that happens. In the pilot, it was slightly hinted about forgiveness. Maybe Emily forgives Victoria and they team up.

by Anonymousreply 28504/19/2014

I want Justin Hartley in the tiniest underwear there is.

He is one of the hottest, butchest men on TV.

He is stunning. He seems like a nice man too.

Loved Patrick! Justin has come a long was as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 28604/19/2014

I agree, Justin is too hot, i think the actor who plays Nolan stares at him are real, i want him to play Patrick for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 28704/20/2014

So have you all heard that Emily (Emily VanCamp) and Daniel (Josh Bowman) have been dating in real life for two years? I just read that looking for the quotes r282 refers to (haven't found them.) Wonder why Bowman wants off the show then? Might as well stick around with his girlfriend until it wraps.

I agree with r283, lucky Emily.

by Anonymousreply 28804/20/2014

Now I have this haunting feeling that it will be Aiden.

It's a good guess, the actor is signed to do a Spielberg-produced alien show.

[quote] Does anyone know if it has indeed been given another season? The last time I read anything a few weeks ago, it was still very much in danger of being axed.

They don't usually announce renewal quite this early, so no, it hasn't been made official yet. But TvByTheNumbers has been adamant that ABC will want a 4th season to produce enough episodes for syndication. They say it's a certainty. Nashville, in comparison, is in far more jeopardy, because its ratings suck and it's still 2 seasons away from enough episodes for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 28904/20/2014

Revenge has a better chance of being renewed than Nashville. Revenge while not the greatest tv show, it is still a tad better than Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 29004/20/2014

Aiden's nice to look at, but I get tired of having to turn on closes captioning every time he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 29104/20/2014

Aiden's feets are pasty white. Not a turn-on. And I guess the actor rarely goes to the gym and enjoys a pint down the pub because we rarely see him with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 29204/20/2014

by Anonymousreply 29304/20/2014

Josh Bowman gay kiss

by Anonymousreply 29404/20/2014

"Oh Patrick, my Patrick..." God I want him back on this show. Of all the characters, I found him to be the most believable; he is a very good actor. And talk about fantasy material...

by Anonymousreply 29504/20/2014

I did not expect the plane incident.

Fairly good episode - although the introduction of yet another mysterious guy might be tiresome. It's time to reveal that David is alive, and make plans for the fourth season to be the last. End it right.

by Anonymousreply 29604/28/2014

[quote] The Aiden actor badmouthed the show to the press. That's always a dangerous thing to do.

His character is getting killed off this season. I read that a while ago

[quote] So have you all heard that Emily (Emily VanCamp) and Daniel (Josh Bowman) have been dating in real life for two years? I just read that looking for the quotes [R282] refers to (haven't found them.) Wonder why Bowman wants off the show then? Might as well stick around with his girlfriend until it wraps.

Yes, everyone knows they've been dating for a long time. It's not a secret. R282 is talking about Barry Sloane who plays Aiden. Josh Bowman plays Daniel. He has talked about wanting his character to get killed off

by Anonymousreply 29704/28/2014

Series low ratings last night. I doubt this show will bounce back again. Next season will definitely be it.

by Anonymousreply 29804/28/2014

Wow! Conrad Grayson is one stone-cold killer! I just watched last Sunday's episode. Did Conrad push Pascal into the rotor blade or did he force Pascal to walk backwards by walking towards him? Even Emily found that particularly vicious.

Victoria is feeling "revengier," as the ABC ads put it.

OK, who does everyone think took Charlotte? And who was that guy at the cabin?

by Anonymousreply 29905/01/2014

Conrad pushed him. I loved it that he got slushed with Pascal's blood and didn't bat an eyelash. They're finally stepping it up and making him into a genuine villain.

I noticed Josh Bowman as Daniel pronounced Pascal's name as "PASS-kuhl." Despite his very good Yank accent his limey roots were definitely showing since they always put the incorrect stresses on French words/names, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30005/01/2014

which actor badmouthed the show?

The one who plays Aiden or Daniel?

by Anonymousreply 30105/01/2014

r298, one thing to consider though, is the broadcast networks are losing 10% of their audience every year. Revenge isn't doing as bad as it might seem, since the entire network is sinking with them. But I could live with season 4 being the last, as long as they're told that ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 30205/01/2014

R301, Aiden (Barry Sloan,) and the only "badmouthing" I've seen is an implication that the characters "flip-flop." Don't worry about it, Sloan is toast, already signed to another show. Daniel (Josh Bowman) has said he wants to be killed off too, but I hope it doesn't happen. Daniel seems like too much of a central character. The writers shouldn't be forced to kill him off when they probably had other plans. They shouldn't have to radically alter the plot just to appease a whiny, ingrate actor.

by Anonymousreply 30305/01/2014

Loved the season finale. And whatever casting director pulled Madeline Stowe out of mothballs is a genius - she's fantastic as Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 30405/04/2014

That wasn't the finale. It airs next week. Supposedly there's at least one death. I'm assuming Aiden given that the actor is leaving.

by Anonymousreply 30505/05/2014

Really? I thought they were advertising it as the finale. If there is a death, then I hope it's Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 30605/05/2014

Very good episode as a single entity, but in the grand scheme of her revenge, the simplicity of Conrad's "downfall" was quite laughable. Basically, this could have happened in episode 4 or 5.

Now what exactly did I miss with that cabin? Why was Victoria's henchman there when Jack/Charlotte arrived? Are they going to rewrite and say Victoria has known that David is alive?

by Anonymousreply 30705/05/2014

r291 Really? I'm not a brit and I can understand Aidan with no trouble at all. There's an american sterotype that has trouble understand any accent that isn't american. Amazing Race subtitled english speaking aussies when they came to Australia. It's mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 30805/05/2014

Really tired of Josh Bowman. I wish he'd leave the show and take that French stewardess from PAN AM with him.

by Anonymousreply 30905/05/2014

Conrad could be killed by the Consortium for his confession before he spills more secrets.

by Anonymousreply 31005/05/2014

It's not his accent, R308, it's his lack of enunciation. The man mumbles.

by Anonymousreply 31105/06/2014

True, R311. His enunciation is horrible. Apparently that's a big problem with young Brit actors nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 31205/06/2014

[quote] And whatever casting director pulled Madeline Stowe out of mothballs is a genius - she's fantastic as Victoria.

Although I'm supposed to 'hate' Victoria since she's the villain, I don't, they've given her a good backstory that explains her side of things. And yes, Madeline Stowe is great in this role.

Poor Olivier Martinez, he's been killed off in some really grotesque ways in his career.

by Anonymousreply 31305/06/2014

Is Gail O'Grady coming back?

by Anonymousreply 31405/07/2014

I will still be shocked if David isn't alive.

by Anonymousreply 31505/08/2014

There's a preview pic of Amanda digging up a grave with Victoria standing behind her. I wonder if it's Amanda digging up her father's grave to see if he's in it?

by Anonymousreply 31605/08/2014

Victoria obviously knew about the cabin and what was going on inside considering her goon was already there.

by Anonymousreply 31705/08/2014

I think Victoria is behind what's going on at the cabin and was the one sending Charlotte the letters. I think she's doing it to lure Emily out into the open and prove that she's really Amanda Clarke.

by Anonymousreply 31805/08/2014

And then the joke will be on Victoria because he will probably actually be alive.

by Anonymousreply 31905/08/2014

Emily would have known that ring was not on his person when he "died" in prison.

by Anonymousreply 32005/08/2014

Apparently two people will die in the season finale Sunday. Aidan is probably one of them. Please God let the other one be Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 32105/08/2014

Bring back Patrick wearing nothing but the tiniest speedo available.

Have him just sit, stand, walk and smile that enigmatic smile.

Watch the ratings soar.

by Anonymousreply 32205/08/2014

r321, are we sure it's not the metaphoric death of Emily Thorne?

by Anonymousreply 32305/08/2014

So the ratings still suck, even with the time change?

I think the show is almost as good as the first year, but I guess I'm one of the few.

The actor who plays David Clark is starring on Resurrection. Although it's somewhat of a small part so I guess he could do both shows.

I think Sloane is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 32405/09/2014

Revenge has been renewed for a fourth (and probably final) season.

And Barry Sloane's pilot The Whispers has been picked up.

by Anonymousreply 32505/09/2014

Oops, sorry, here's the link.

by Anonymousreply 32605/09/2014

I would say plan an end game and make the fourth season very focused.

by Anonymousreply 32705/09/2014

I'm still hoping Declan comes back to life...

by Anonymousreply 32805/09/2014

Holy shit. This episode was fabulous

by Anonymousreply 32905/11/2014

Great season finale! And they actually have some good story for next season.

by Anonymousreply 33005/11/2014

I knew it!!

by Anonymousreply 33105/11/2014

Wow! AHS just wishes it could be good as Revenge...

I wonder if you know good is evil or good...

by Anonymousreply 33205/12/2014

r332, adding that layer is a great arc for a new season. Victoria's comment about the David *she* knew was ominous.

by Anonymousreply 33305/12/2014

I was sort of hoping that Emily would bury Victoria alive. Oh, well. This ending was good, too.

by Anonymousreply 33405/12/2014

I'm sure Victoria will be where she is at for about 2 minutes next season...

Who was in the coffin at the beginning?

by Anonymousreply 33505/12/2014

Do you think that, er... the victim of the stabbing is coming back next season? My favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 33605/12/2014

Wish someone had offed that French stewardess from PAN AM

by Anonymousreply 33705/12/2014

Who did Daniel kill?

by Anonymousreply 33805/12/2014

R338, he killed Josh Bowman's career.

Jeez. Where is the passion for this show? I would have thought this thread would have maxed out.

by Anonymousreply 33905/12/2014

R338 he was in bed with some chick he met at a bar. It was a set up. I believe someone else ( the French stewardess from PAN AM brother?) who framed him.

by Anonymousreply 34005/12/2014

Man, that fat guard ended up being one rich dude. He eas paid off by Conrad to "escape" as well as paid off by David Clarke in exchange for cluing Clarke in on his whereabouts.

I think Gideon will be recast next season with someone more attractive and a potential love interest for Nolan-James Scott? They should also recast Amanda's mother-Jennifer Jason Leigh was wrong for the role.

I ain't worried about Jack. His lawyer mommy will get him set free in the season premiere. I think Victoria will be shot up with so many drugs she won't remember who the fuck she is. I'm sure Patrick will be having so much fun hanging out with George in Lake Como with their male model "friends" that he won't bother returning.

by Anonymousreply 34105/12/2014

Awesome ending. Writers and producers redeemed themselves for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 34205/12/2014

I hope see more of Gail O'Grady and Justin Hartley next season.

by Anonymousreply 34305/12/2014

I was hoping Victoria would be buried alive too.

Aidan's murder just points to Emily being with Jack at the end of the series. Though, I have to wonder if Emily will live to see a happily-ever-after ending.

by Anonymousreply 34405/12/2014

I really really want to like Revenge season 3, but the finale was disappointing.

Let's throw a dead hooker in Daniel's bed.

He's already been cleared of one murder.

by Anonymousreply 34505/12/2014

Emily really should not have a happy ending, but I suspect she will end up with Jack (who I think she has always had the least chemistry with).

by Anonymousreply 34605/13/2014

I just want Patrick back, or Nolan to hook up with his cute protege.

by Anonymousreply 34705/13/2014

I have my doubts that was really David Clark since he didn't speak,it might have been someone in a mask or a look alike.

by Anonymousreply 34805/13/2014

He didn't look dead dead..

Too many people come back from the dead on this show except this poor guy...

by Anonymousreply 34905/13/2014

I will be REALLY pissed off if Season 3 (or the Season 3 finale) was just a dream Emily/Amanda was having.

This was good old fashioned soap opera and I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 35005/13/2014

A dream? Is this a rumor somewhere?

I actually thought perhaps a series finale would all be a dream from juvie Emily.

by Anonymousreply 35105/14/2014

[quote] The actor who plays David Clark is starring on Resurrection. Although it's somewhat of a small part so I guess he could do both shows.

That actor is James Tupper. He's dating Anne Heche

by Anonymousreply 35205/15/2014

Still? Surely they broke up by now.

Has Revenge done the evil twin yet?

by Anonymousreply 35305/15/2014

Next season's voiceovers will be done by Victoria. She's now the person seeking revenge. Totally changing the formula.

by Anonymousreply 35405/16/2014

Dream on, R354. It will always be Emily/Amanda's story.

by Anonymousreply 35505/17/2014

When Victoria murdered Aiden she crossed over to pure evil. before she was evil with some good...

by Anonymousreply 35605/17/2014

Now THIS is how you end a season. That was one of the best episodes yet.

by Anonymousreply 35705/17/2014

It was an awesome finale. But I do have a problem with Victoria killing Aiden. First, she is not afraid to kill. We know that by now. But she used to kill out of desperation, defending her family. This murder wasn't actually necessary. The other thing is that killing Aiden to revenge the murder of Pascal didn't seem to make much sense anyway. Yes, giving Emily a taste of her own medicine makes sense. But ten minutes before Victoria was still blaming Conrad for the murder of Pascal. Overall I just don't see enough motivation for Victoria to kill premeditated.

About the voice overs: I hope they just drop them. Does anybody actually listen to them?

And am I the only one who actually likes Margaux? Although I'm not sure what's her purpose on the show is going to be now that Pascal is dead. Apparently the character is promoted to regular.

by Anonymousreply 35906/15/2014

I agree; killing Aiden was wrong.

They wrote him out b/c the actor got another ABC show.

I get that, but don't ruin Victoria to get him out the door.

He could have left for any other number of reasons and if the new show doesn't fly Aiden could come back.

by Anonymousreply 36006/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!