Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do TV networks put all of their hot/prestige shows on Sunday nights?

Is that a high viewing night or something? Anyone in TV care to comment?

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2013

Friday night = smallest viewing audience (most sought after demographic (18-35) is out starting their weekend)

Sunday night = largest viewing audience (18-35 year olds are finished with their weekend and staying home in preparation for work/school on Monday morning)

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2013

Because it's the biggest viewing audience of the week, Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2013

Hmmmmm....Sunday night is the night before Monday.....what could it be......I couldn't guess....

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

It's a clusterfuck on Sundays. Homeland and Masters of Sex vs The Good Wife and The Mentalist vs The Walking Dead vs Boardwalk Empire. Not to mention Witches of East End is on Sunday and I really want to watch it. And if the Patriots are on NBC football I am really fucked. Thanks to several encore showings of my favorites on the premium channels and CBS repeat of shows on Primetime on Demand and Walking Dead on Entertainment on Demand, I can pretty much watch it all. Thank goodness I'm retired and can stay up late.

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2013

Homeland. Good you reminded me. Gotta find a torrent.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2013

The Housewives of New York used to be must see tv but it's been a shit season and I catch up during the week. I tuned into five minutes of Betrayal and saw that Stuart Townsend is not hot anymore and switched back to football. I realized Hello Ladies is also on Sundays.Shit!

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2013

Someone needs to explain to me why for the last several seasons, every single show I want to watch all seems to be crammed into Thursday night, sometimes three or four at the exact same time.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!