Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I can't Wait for Breaking Bad to Finally Be Over.

I'm sick of hearing about it. Everybody I know is crying about it ending today on Facebook. Just shut up. It's a TV show.

Anybody else feel the same?

by Anonymousreply 5110/03/2013

I have never seen it. It sounds boring.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

R1,

With stuff like this...

Omg! It's happening RIGHT NOW! I might need some tissues..

*waves goodbye*

#GoodbyeBreakingBad

Breaking Bad so soon! Bittersweet!

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2013

I have never seen an episode but feel like I have from all the media coverage. I put off watching Mad Men for three years. It's as boring as I thought it would be. I'm sure BrBa is genius television but have no interest in a show about Meth dealers. Hope the fans are not as disappointed as True Blood and Dexter fans have been this year.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2013

[quote] "chemistry teacher diagnosed with cancer becomes a meth cook to leave money for his family."

Very Weeds-ish.

Middle class descending into the criminal underworld.

by Anonymousreply 709/30/2013

I agree, OP. So fucking sick of hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 809/30/2013

So, how did it end?

by Anonymousreply 1309/30/2013

How did it end?

Earrings

Caftans

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

Oh, get over yourself, r16. It's just a television show. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

I'm with you, OP. But the viewers have invested a lot of time and energy and emotion and identification in this show. I say let 'em have their day. They'll shut up eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

I don't know how many people actually watched this, but the way the fuckin media talked about it, you would think every home in America watched this shit. The truth is spin/hype are the only way to get anyone to watch because it's a cable show, and the audience is so fragmented these days (500+ channels/Netflix/downloads/DVDs etc) that I would be willing to bet less than 5 or six million people watched the final show. Back in the day an average episode of Three's Company, Sanford and Son or Eight is Enough would draw something like 33 million viewers.I'd say most folks don't watch or care about Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

I so fucking glad this piece of shit has finally ended. I hate shows that promote violence and I bet that whoever created it is a huge wimp.

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2013

[quote]"Macho fantasy"? You must be thinking of Sons of Anarchy. There was nothing macho about Walter White.

I'd disagree. A lot of wimpy, comic book geek types loved Walter White because he was one of them (Mr. Chips) and then became a bad ass (Scarface). Through WW, they vicariously made millions of dollars and took revenge on their enemies. I know that wasn't what Vince Gilligan was going for, but believe me, that was the attraction for a LOT of the fan base.

By and large, I agree with what R27 had to say. Fun, but hardly brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

I watched the first three episodes in a binge and have had no desire to continue watching. Only when someone I know mentions how good it is or when media deluges like the one of the past weekend occur do I consider going back to it. But then I usually end up busy with something else.

Now that I know the ending, doesn't seem worth it.

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

The only kind of people worse than the "if you don't watch BB your life has no value" people are the "depicting violence glorifies violence" maroons like R25. If we didn't have storytelling that depicted violence we would have no Greek epics, no Shakespeare, and so on and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2013

[quote]I don't know how many people actually watched this, but the way the fuckin media talked about it, you would think every home in America watched this shit.

The media hypes the stuff THEY watch, listen to, buy. Always. They live in their little hipster bubble, and write for each other. That's why something like Girls, which has thoroughly unremarkable ratings, gets tons of ink and magazine covers and is spoken of as if it's the obsession of the entire nation, when in reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3710/01/2013

Now that I think about I don't actually know anyone who watches it. There's a shitload about it in the online media, of course. But I think the previous poster is right that it's constantly in the media because it's what THEY'RE watching.

I have a friend who loves Mad Men and loaned me his DVDs so that I'd watch it and love it too. I'm almost through Season One. It's OK. Not something I'd choose to watch on my own. Looks cool, though. I love the 60s look and vibe. And John Hamm is hot. But apart from that there's nothing to hold my interest.

by Anonymousreply 4110/01/2013

I'm with you, OP. It's a fucking TV show--anyone that caught up in it must be in desperate need of a life.

And really, don't we do this every year or so? With the latest "greatest show ever"? No one cares once it's been gone a month.

by Anonymousreply 4210/01/2013

[quote]One of the best in history.

Case in point.

by Anonymousreply 4410/01/2013

The lead actor looked stupid with a shaved head. He was better as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle. That is why I didn't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 4510/01/2013

R45 The lead character in BB, unlike the Dad in Malcolm, has cancer, dumbass. Walt gets chemo, pukes his guts out and shaves his head. You don't deserve "snarky" just insults for your pointless stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 4610/01/2013

That was the dad from Malcolm in the Middle? I totally thought it was someone else.

by Anonymousreply 4710/01/2013

R46, and YOU are an idiot for not reading what this WEBSITE IS ALL ABOUT. What part of "pointless bitchery" do you not understand? Look up and to the left, under the Datalounge logo? Now, shut the fuck up.

It's a character on a FICTIONAL show. "Walt" has cancer but the actor doesn't. And he looks stupid with a bald head.

by Anonymousreply 4810/01/2013

R48 I said POINTLESS STUPIDITY about your post, so you're missing the point to harp about DL's pointless bitchery. Bitchery is good, stupidity isn't so, yeah keep talking on about an actor playing a cancer patient "looking stupid with a bald head" because that will make you look so smart and snarky. I'm glad you didn't watch Breaking Bad because you most likely wouldn't have been able to understand it fully.

by Anonymousreply 4910/01/2013

Anyone caught up in complaining about a show they don't like or watch must be in desperate need of a life, R42. You sound like one miserable SOB.

by Anonymousreply 5010/01/2013

I thought it was really obvious that Gus was gay. One of the main reasons he went psycho is because the character (who was OBVIOUSLY his boyfriend) was murdered in front of him. Anyone denying he is gay has serious attention issues or is a big fat homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 5110/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.