Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has Ricky Martin Fallen Completely Off? It Seems The Minute He Came Out The Closet He Became Irrelevant

Ricky Martin was on Ellen Friday talking about his kids, boyfriend, and performing his new single "Come With Me" I remember when he came out with "Livin La Vida Loca" everyone wanted him (male and female). And once he came out everyone just kind of turned him on mute. Is this just me or do you all see the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 10912/02/2014

He fell off the radar years before he came out. That's just the reason he came out, because he didn't have any worthy career to lose anymore.

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2013

Nuh-uh.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2013

He was never interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

He struggled to maintain his English-language pop success ten years ago, OP.

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2013

Has he ever revealed whether he is cut or uncut?

If not, there isn't much interesting to say.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2013

Better yet R5 has the DL made up it's mind if he is a top or bottom? It's so hard to tell with those rico suave men he dates that look like his siblings.

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2013

R5

Less than 20 % of men in Puerto Rico are cut, so the chance that he has a nice, ripe foreskin is pretty big.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2013

"Ripe" is right, R7.

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2013

But it's been reported in other places that he might be cut, R7, so that's why I brought it up.

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2013

According to this list of 340 Uncircumcised Celebrities, neither Ricky Martin nor Alex Hernandez was circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 1009/29/2013

Ricky Martin is busier than ever.

After starring in Evita on Broadway in New York City for a good while, he became a judge on a music talent show (like the ones in the U.S.) in Australia. He did a long stint as a judge in Australia, and now he has gone back to Australia for a 2nd stint as a judge.

He has a new music video out with a new song in both English and Spanish.

All you have to do is look at his website, too, if you're curious as to what he is doing rather than making ignorant statements on Datalounge with zero knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2013

His cock often showed thru his pants when he was on stage and it definitely appeared large and uncut.

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2013

And all you need to do is look at google news (google news, not just google) But googling doesn't hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2013

He actually got a lot more relevant after he came out. It really saved his career. (For the time being.)

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

The Australians must have some inferiority about their native celebs. They even paid Ronan Keating to be a "celebrity judge" on one of their talent shows.

They should have got Madge from "Neighbours".

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

He has twin sons who are age 5 and adorable.

Radaronline.com and mailonline.com often show photos of Ricky and the twin sons getting off airplanes.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

Lists like that are often wrong, R10. So it's hard to know for sure. I can find another website that lists him as circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

[quote] I remember when he came out with "Livin La Vida Loca" everyone wanted him (male and female).

You have to remember that was fifteen years ago, when he was at the height of his physical beauty. Fifteen years later he's still hot, but he's not the stunning young thing he was then. Everyone in the world wanted to fuck him that year (I hope he made the most of it).

Also, that was an amazing song--the ska influence in it made it really memorable and catchy, and it didn't sound like anything else on the pop charts right then.

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

Well, you go right ahead, R5. I'll just sit here and feel bad because you shamed me in a public forum about a dick neither of us is likely to suck.

Yeah. Right.

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

His new music video and new song is very good.

You can watch it at his website at link below.

He looks fabulous and is as handsome, charismatic, and exciting as 15 years ago.

He also did a Glee episode and was fantastic in it.

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2013

That site lists Robert Pattinson as uncut (which certainly could be true since he is British) but since he has never revealed that in an interview, it sounds like the website is just ASSUMING what these guys are.

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2013

sorry, are very good, not is very good

"Come with Me Tonight" (new video)at link below

I would love to come with him tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2209/29/2013

I love Puerto Rican men I think Ricky is attractive just always wanted to know what happened to his career it sort of fell off a cliff.

If TMZ and JustJared aren't talking about them they can't be that relevant. Plus I notice Latino celebs don't have a gossip site/blog that caters to them like TMZ, Mediatakout caters to blacks etc...

by Anonymousreply 2309/29/2013

Like the song and video, but, the stint on Glee was unmemorable.

by Anonymousreply 2409/29/2013

R1 is correct, the OP is way off, and seems to have a creepy pro-closet agenda. Martin was a well established has-been by the time he finally came out, although he was still big in the Latin market with Spanish language albums. I don't know how coming out affected him there, but that was the whole point of coming out, to say "gay is ok" to the people who really appreciate and look up to him. So if he lost some homophobic fans in the process, it was worth it, because he influenced many other fans to stop being homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 2509/29/2013

(Florida Evans) "DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!" Ricky Martin's PR team is flooding this post with links to his site.

Is his career this dehydrated for relevancy? my GAWD!

by Anonymousreply 2609/29/2013

[quote] It seems the Minute He Came Out [of] the Closet He Became Irrelevant...I remember when he came out with "Livin La Vida Loca" everyone wanted him (male and female).

The chronologies of DataLoungers are often faulty (and over points easily verified against old, dim memories.) Addled old OP compresses events almost 15 and 5 years in the past as though it all happened over night.

1999 - "Livin La Vida Loca"

March 2010 - publicly acknowledges his homosexuality

by Anonymousreply 2709/29/2013

R23, what an ignorant oddball you are.

Your gage and standard are TMZ and justjared.com? And your reading material?

What a sheltered, inadequate, illiterate, slow, very limited person you are, R23.

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2013

I'm not old R27 I just remember listening to Livin La Vida Loca at age 9. It didn't seem that long ago in my head, I'm 23 now. You make it seem like I was talking about Diana Ross or some disco ball mess in the 60's-70's.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2013

R28 I'mma give you DUST!

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2013

He's always going to be gorgeous. While he still has fans, both his age and that he came out probably cost him a number of female fan base.

I find it pretentious that he sends his sons to "a French speaking school". It's fine to have them learn French but I think that's just weird. Some rich people get so bizarre with their offspring.

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2013

I wish he'd fall on me!

by Anonymousreply 3209/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2013

ricky martin had already fallen off..he got a surrogate to bear twin boys for him and now he's busy raising them. of course when he came out to the world (which wasn't really necessary), that pretty much killed his female fan base so that was pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2013

This makes me pulsate and throb all over

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2013

R15 is right. Ricky is pretty prominent in Australia, along with a heap of other has-beens we recycle over here.

Australia's local celeb pool is pretty atrocious. Our Dancing With The Stars actually include the big names of Australian entertainment, which says something.

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2013

I must say Ricky Martin has really pretty feet and he wears sandals a lot. I'm into feet and I love looking at his.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2013

[quote]Ricky Martin is busier than ever.

What a classic euphemistic way of saying, "He really has to hustle now to find work."

[quote]After starring in Evita on Broadway in New York City for a good while,

Which was a critical FLOP.

[quote]he became a judge on a music talent show (like the ones in the U.S.) in Australia. He did a long stint as a judge in Australia, and now he has gone back to Australia for a 2nd stint as a judge.

Wow--maybe he'll get a job judging a show in new Zealand next! Or even Albania!

[quote]He has a new music video out with a new song in both English and Spanish.

And not just anyone can have a new video out!

[quote]All you have to do is look at his website, too, if you're curious as to what he is doing rather than making ignorant statements on Datalounge with zero knowledge.

You're certainly Little Miss Attitude for someone defending a total has-been.

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2013

Once he got all inked up, I lost interest anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2013

I guess recently starring in the play Evita on Broadway in New York City is not enough for you, R39, huh?

And recently penning a contract with NBC Universal to create his own TV series - star in it and produce it and create it -

plus the contract includes TV specials in addition to the TV series.

Not to mention the sold out concert tours in the U.S., multitudes of Spanish speaking countries, Europe, and Asia in the years right before he started starring in Evita in NYC is not enough for your either?

Now he's doing 10 concerts at arenas in Australis in the months of October and November 2013.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2013

R42 only Ricky or a person close to him would know all those details about his current career. So is he a top or bottom with guys is all I really care about.

by Anonymousreply 4309/30/2013

He's HUGE in Australia! He's been packing them in at the Alice Springs Centrum and the North Adelaide Supper Club!

by Anonymousreply 4409/30/2013

I went to a several of his concerts during his world tour in 2009 and 2010 -

saw him at a sold-out show at Madison Square Garden, and in Washington DC.

Very charismatic, exciting shows. Great music. I like when he sings in Spanish best.

by Anonymousreply 4509/30/2013

He flopped in that non-singing version of Evita

by Anonymousreply 4609/30/2013

[quote] And recently penning a contract with NBC Universal.

He even found the time to study law.

by Anonymousreply 4709/30/2013

R46, Evita was a musical with Ricky singing and dancing as one of the leads.

(not the only lead)

His individual reviews were very positive.

by Anonymousreply 4809/30/2013

He starred in Evita? As Evita?

Anyway, I bet he could do reasonably well in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 4909/30/2013

r48 is kind of a dope

and did he get a Tony nomination...no.

by Anonymousreply 5009/30/2013

[quote]He starred in Evita? As Evita?

he was supposed to play Che but he couldn't act, so they made him "the voice of the people" instead. He sang the Che part ok but mostly flailed his arms around and posed. It was the Evita who couldn't sing a note or speak English. (and the reviews were not great and it closed early)

by Anonymousreply 5109/30/2013

I always liked him.

It took balls for him to come out, even if his pop star career had faded by the time he did it. I'm glad to know that he's still getting work, wherever it is.

by Anonymousreply 5209/30/2013

His pop star career never faded, R52.

Just because you haven't the interest to follow his career doesn't mean it has not existed.

As recently as 2009 and 2010 he was on a very successful World Tour in the U.S., multiple Spanish speaking countries, Europe, and Asia.

And he has put out a successful album during that time that won awards. His 2009 tour in the U.S. was successful and he has always maintained high visibility and success all over the world in Spanish speaking countries, Europe, and Asia.

I prefer his Spanish albums.

by Anonymousreply 5309/30/2013

He's still beautiful, especially when he smiles

by Anonymousreply 5409/30/2013

[quote]His pop star career never faded, [R52].

Yes it did, R53. As I mentioned, in the US it had faded by the time he came out. I clearly remember him having big hits on the radio and the US charts for quite a while. Then he didn't anymore and it was after his US career had faded that he came out.

[quote]Just because you haven't the interest to follow his career doesn't mean it has not existed.

Look, Cunt, I'm one of the few people who had a kind word for your boy, Ricky, so lighten the fuck up. I didn't say his career didn't exist, I said it had faded in the US by the time he came out which is nothing but the truth.

by Anonymousreply 5509/30/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5609/30/2013

[quote]Spanish speaking countries, Europe, and Asia

lol

by Anonymousreply 5709/30/2013

Spanish speaking countries where Ricky Martin has always been popular and successful:

Argentina Bolivia Equador Costa Rica and other countries in Central America and South America Spain

plus many countries in Europe (non-Spanish speaking) and Asia

by Anonymousreply 5809/30/2013

you are just digging yourself deeper into the hole r58

by Anonymousreply 5909/30/2013

He also toured the U.S. in 2008, 2009, 2010 and was very successful.

Sold out Madison Square Garden in NYC and many other cities around the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 6009/30/2013

tell us about yourself r60...are you a fanboi, fangirl, or frau. Are you in the US? Are you documented?

by Anonymousreply 6109/30/2013

Imho he's wayy hotter now.

by Anonymousreply 6209/30/2013

Hey! He's a good looking, talented, sweet personalitied guy, with a handsome lover, two kids, plenty of money, respect from his peers and the honchos in the industry and probably leading a happy life. .. No wonder the loveless, forlorn, ugly, broke, unhappy bitches who post on this site, hate him.

by Anonymousreply 6309/30/2013

Oh! .. And since the main retort is "but he's not relevant." I'd like to ask, "How relevant are YOU?" Have you EVER been relevant?"

by Anonymousreply 6409/30/2013

All careers go up and down-he'll be back!

by Anonymousreply 6509/30/2013

I think he is slowing down because of his kids. They are adorable. He probably finds it a lot easier to be in one place for prolonged periods, rather than touring and raising hell. I love Ricky and he will never be irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 6609/30/2013

He hasn't got the tunes.

by Anonymousreply 6709/30/2013

I like to watch the old school clips of Ricky performing to huge crowds of people, he has been doing this shit for a long time, basically his whole life.

Im glad he hit it big in the US a solo artist for a moment, but it was just a short moment in a very long career.

by Anonymousreply 6809/30/2013

The Ricky stans came out for blood in this post. Why aren't there more posts on the DL about Ricky? And as someone else pointed out he does have nice feet.

by Anonymousreply 6909/30/2013

I'm sure part of him is relieved that he doesn't have to sing with the likes of Christina Aguilera any more.

by Anonymousreply 7009/30/2013

Ricky Martin was not much in the public eye for many years before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 7109/30/2013

In these recent pics he looks like he is still on TOP to me.

by Anonymousreply 7212/21/2013

His new video has a;most a million views in like a day. pretty imprssive

by Anonymousreply 7304/23/2014

". I'm glad to know that he's still getting work, wherever it is."

He sells out bigger stadiums worldwide than current american pop stars do now. so fuck off. guy just played an 80ker in brazil!

by Anonymousreply 7404/23/2014

R20 The new song is okay, video is boring, he is out of shape, doesn't look too good. Those tattoos...

by Anonymousreply 7504/23/2014

R51 It takes a real Broadway star to make the role work.

by Anonymousreply 7604/23/2014

Ricky's main audience is hispanic women, an extremely homophobic group. So of course he is not selling anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7704/23/2014

Maybe because he's not a particularly good singer, not a particularly good actor and he is not particularly bright (my assessment.)

He works hard, I give you that. And he gets major points for coming out.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2014

r77 tell that to his 50k stadiums

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2014

ricky's most recent hit with jlo

by Anonymousreply 8004/23/2014

Well if YOU say so R79, then is MUST be true.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 8104/23/2014

R73, that song is AWFUL! He should just stop trying in English and stick to Spanish. His Spanish songs are a million times better than the English ones.

by Anonymousreply 8204/23/2014

He's going to perform a song on "Latin Night" next week on DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 8304/23/2014

r81 because it isn't happening in the us doesn't mean it isn't true. newsflash:the word doesn't revolve around the us and most other countries don't revolve their tastes around american music tastes

by Anonymousreply 8404/23/2014

R84...Newsflash...just because your lying ass says in online, does not make it true in any country.

by Anonymousreply 8504/23/2014

r85 you think you're cute right? "LOL!" hehehe rick did a 80k seater in november. babe. ignorance in Americans is expected but it's never acceptable

by Anonymousreply 8604/23/2014

r85/r81 are fat ugly pieces of poor garbage.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 8704/23/2014

Well America revolves around American tastes, and America is where Ricky's increasingly becoming little more than a trivia question. Under a certain age, 25 or so, he's a complete unknown. I doubt he has much of a following in Europe either.

by Anonymousreply 8804/23/2014

Of course his career took a hit when he came out - that's what happens in the homophobic entertainment industry.

He'd be hotter than ever if he hadn't gotten those ugly tattoos, and cleaned up his appearance.

I still like him, though. And he could re-invent himself, however - he'd just need to get away from relying too much on his sex appeal, and more on his innate talents, which are formidable.

by Anonymousreply 8904/23/2014

R73, that song is getting hits because it's the offcial football World Cup theme tune, not because Ricky Martin is still as hot as back in the day.

His tattoos are horrible and he could have worked out a bit more before filming the video.

by Anonymousreply 9004/23/2014

He might just be focusing his time & attention on his children & his break up situation.

You don't think the ex is going to go quietly & without adequate compensation, do you?

by Anonymousreply 9104/23/2014

I love Ricky Martin when he gyrates like a male stripper in his live tours. Where can I get his live tour videos in the US???

by Anonymousreply 9204/23/2014

We have a Rickybot!

by Anonymousreply 9304/23/2014

[quote]Of course his career took a hit when he came out - that's what happens in the homophobic entertainment industry

Are you kidding me? Nobody had been paying attention to him for YEARS until he came out. That's WHY he came out - he had no career to lose. Sure, his music career is still dead, but after coming out, he got to star on Broadway in Evita and now is a judge on The Voice in Australia. If anything, coming out helped him.

by Anonymousreply 9404/23/2014

But, he will be a judge on DWTS Monday.

by Anonymousreply 9504/23/2014

Will Ricky make a play for James?

by Anonymousreply 9604/23/2014

He was so hot in 1999! I remember when I first discovered him at that year's Grammys. I initially tuned in because it was the first time that Madonna finally won a Grammy (3 total) for RAY OF LIGHT, but I came away with a new crush. Those tight pants he wore and the way he shook his "bon bon" was electric (though he sang "La copa de la vida"). It was like Elvis Redux. He got a standing ovation after his performance. Then the next day, he was the next big thing. The whole industry and media were talking about him.

He really was gorgeous then. Nowadays I don't find him attractive. He used to look metrosexual then, but as he's aged his gayface has become apparent, and that Macklemore haircut does him no favors, not to mention the tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 9704/23/2014

Ricky Martin at the 2014 Latin Grammy Awards. He still looks good... for his age!

by Anonymousreply 9812/01/2014

Why does he always have the same hairstyle?

by Anonymousreply 9912/01/2014

He's too old to be rocking hairstlyes like Adam Lambert. R99

by Anonymousreply 10012/01/2014

He does have a sexy pair of feet r38. Martin has talked openly about his foot fetish - he loves feet, and you just know he loves his jellybeans sucked on. Total foot exhibitionist - right up there with Matt McBongo, another self-foot freak.

Martin apparently also loves watersports/golden showers.

by Anonymousreply 10112/01/2014

OP,

Does this answer your question?

by Anonymousreply 10212/01/2014

Or this?

by Anonymousreply 10312/01/2014

RM may not be relevant to yourself or perhaps other mainstream America, but he seems to be doing alright for himself where the Latin/Hispanic population of USA and elsewhere are concerned.

Given the size and predicted growth of the aforementioned entertainment market both within the USA and worldwide, think RM will be ok for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 10412/01/2014

Nobody cares about him anymore. Even in Latin America he doesn't sell well anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10512/02/2014

I agree with the op. He lost his appeal to women after he came out...he is no elton john..his music is made for lonley housewives...and him being gay is just not sexy for women.

by Anonymousreply 10612/02/2014

He may still have considerable influence in the Latin music world. I have no firsthand experience, but I'm just saying.

by Anonymousreply 10712/02/2014

He lost his appeal to me when he got those hideous tattoos!

by Anonymousreply 10812/02/2014

R101 Wow never knew Ricky had an open foot fetish. NICE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10912/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.