Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best product for scars ?

I recently had surgery, and looking for something to fade scarring. I'm using Mederma, but someone told me vitamin E capsule is better. Anyone know a better solution ?

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1509/29/2013

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 109/29/2013

Bio oil. It won't remove the scar, I don't think any product can do that, but it might lighten it.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 209/29/2013

If the scarring is raised you'll need to visit a dermatologist or platic surgeon for cortisone injections. They do it with an ultrafine needle. I had a couple of moles removed and they left bumps. The plastic surgeon who did ghe work also did the scar removal. Now you'd never tell.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 309/29/2013

the key is not the product (most products sold as "scar removers/faders" are simply mineral oil, etc.

what helps fade a scar better is keeping it moist and promoting circulation. Massage moisturizer (oil or creme) into area 2x a day and it will improve the fading

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 409/29/2013

Castor Oil. Make a Castor Oil Pack. Google it.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 509/29/2013

Stick with Lancôme for facial creams and Clarins for body treatments.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 609/29/2013

Coco Butter cream. It's made to fade scares. You can find it at any drug store.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 709/29/2013

Bio Oil or a good olive oil or coconut oil.

I used both Bio Oil and olive oil that my friend's family from Spain makes (we lived in the EU at the time) on a recent burn scar. The burn was bad enough that I had to go to the hospital every day to have the wound dressing changed. After the bandages were able to be removed, I used both oils to keep the skin moist. Besides an extremely faint outline around where the burn was (most of my forearm), you can't see the wound at all.

I suggested Bio Oil to another friend who had some bad scars on her leg from a weedeater accident and she said she saw a noticeable difference within 2 weeks.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 809/29/2013

What works specifically for hyperpigmentation?

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 909/29/2013

St. John's Wort oil

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1009/29/2013

St. John's Wort oil

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1109/29/2013

For treating hyperpigmentation, ask the pharmacist for over-the-counter gels or creams containing hydroquinone.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1209/29/2013

Smegma works best

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1309/29/2013

scar sheets by cvs. the change the environment as the skin is healing.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1409/29/2013

None of these things work -- but knock ourself out. Buy whatever you like because they all work equally the same, I.e., not at all. Buy them all, if you like.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1509/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!