Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best product for scars ?

I recently had surgery, and looking for something to fade scarring. I'm using Mederma, but someone told me vitamin E capsule is better. Anyone know a better solution ?

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1509/29/2013

sandpaper

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 109/29/2013

Bio oil. It won't remove the scar, I don't think any product can do that, but it might lighten it.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 209/29/2013

If the scarring is raised you'll need to visit a dermatologist or platic surgeon for cortisone injections. They do it with an ultrafine needle. I had a couple of moles removed and they left bumps. The plastic surgeon who did ghe work also did the scar removal. Now you'd never tell.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 309/29/2013

the key is not the product (most products sold as "scar removers/faders" are simply mineral oil, etc.

what helps fade a scar better is keeping it moist and promoting circulation. Massage moisturizer (oil or creme) into area 2x a day and it will improve the fading

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 409/29/2013

Castor Oil. Make a Castor Oil Pack. Google it.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 509/29/2013

Stick with Lancôme for facial creams and Clarins for body treatments.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 609/29/2013

Coco Butter cream. It's made to fade scares. You can find it at any drug store.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 709/29/2013

Bio Oil or a good olive oil or coconut oil.

I used both Bio Oil and olive oil that my friend's family from Spain makes (we lived in the EU at the time) on a recent burn scar. The burn was bad enough that I had to go to the hospital every day to have the wound dressing changed. After the bandages were able to be removed, I used both oils to keep the skin moist. Besides an extremely faint outline around where the burn was (most of my forearm), you can't see the wound at all.

I suggested Bio Oil to another friend who had some bad scars on her leg from a weedeater accident and she said she saw a noticeable difference within 2 weeks.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 809/29/2013

What works specifically for hyperpigmentation?

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 909/29/2013

St. John's Wort oil

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1009/29/2013

St. John's Wort oil

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1109/29/2013

For treating hyperpigmentation, ask the pharmacist for over-the-counter gels or creams containing hydroquinone.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1209/29/2013

Smegma works best

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1309/29/2013

scar sheets by cvs. the change the environment as the skin is healing.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1409/29/2013

None of these things work -- but knock ourself out. Buy whatever you like because they all work equally the same, I.e., not at all. Buy them all, if you like.

by Mr. Frankensteinreply 1509/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.