Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican Senator: GOP Will "Fold Like Hotcakes" if Government is Shutdown Over Obamacare

Tee-hee.

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2013

They were happy last time when the threat of a government shutdown was on the table

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2013

How do hotcakes fold?

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2013

r2 Fairly well, if you drown 'em in maple syrup first. The Pubbies can hardly contain their glee over their big, badass stance on this. I'm getting very tired of this every year, and it's got to stop. Get RID of these folks, people, or, we'll never get off this merry-go-round.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

It would almost be worth it. But let's hope it doesn't come to that (the shutdown, that is).

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2013

Hotcakes don't really fold, even with syrup. It should be "Fold Like Crepes."

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2013

I'm bored of the bullshit, news-media attention of the Taliban Republican and the Pussy Democratic parties.

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2013

You know the GOP has made a serious miscalculation when C-SPAN...Teabag troll heaven...polls show that 60% believe it's the Republican's fault.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2013

I'll have an order of mixed metaphors, please.

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2013

It's usually "fold like a card table."

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2013

i thought it was 'like a cheap umbrella'

by Anonymousreply 1009/29/2013

Having seen one too many fatties in my extended family chow down on hotcakes, they fold in when they press that fork right down the middle of the stack and start chowing down....

Not a pretty sight.

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2013

The VA has announced veterans won't get benefits if the government is shut down.

Of course, the VA isn't exactly efficient on a good day. But still.

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2013

[quote]It should be "Fold Like Crepes."

From the idiots who gave us "freedom fries," I don't think they'd use it.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2013

Fold like Oprah's fat.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

Obama should grow a pair and announce that if the repukes shut down the gov't it will be total including ALL veterans services (including hospitals), ALL air traffic controllers, ALL homeland security, the pentagon, every fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

This is what comes of reading Ayn Rand novels. "Atlas Shrugged" and "The Fountainhead" both climax with the super-duper elite people making a monumental gesture that proves how excellent they are while raining down destruction on the heads of the crappy ungrateful multitudes.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

I know I am among Democrats, but as a non-American, I gotta say this is embarrassing for your country. Of all the things to shut down a government over. Mental.

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

I think the Democrats should go along with it but first add their own amendments into it. Put Obamacare off for a year, allow the pipeline, but also raise the tax rate of the top 1% up to 40% and have the Federal gov't approve of gay marriage and abortion. Send that back to the House and see if they will approve it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

-John Kenneth Galbraith

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

Obama WON. He WON with the majority of the country knowing he wanted to do this. The right-wing may be a bunch of loud-mouthed, frothing troglodytes, but that doesn't mean we should give into their threats.

We are being held hostage by these regressive assholes. They are a minority. We have to stop treating them like they control the country.

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2013

They are too stupid to have played out, in any degree of realism, what their actions are leading to:

- Govt shuts down

- Causing all kinds of hardships for innocent citizens

- But look! ObamaCare goes into effect anyway, and loads of people are now eligible for low-cost health insurance.

- And now they (Republican House) is blamed for what they did to shut the government down.

- In other words, they will have thrown themselves, politically, over the cliff... for NOTHING. They are too knee-jerk to see their own impotence in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2013

So, does anyone think that the House will NOT raise the debt ceiling, forcing Obama to invoke the 14th Amendment. Then the House votes to impeach him.

Am I being paranoid?

by Anonymousreply 2209/29/2013

r14

That might happen, if Boehner is unable to control the teabaggers.

Even if the House voted to impeach Obama, the Senate would never convict him. An impeachment attempt would be the final nail in the coffin of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 2309/29/2013

If not this year...next year or the year after, R22. The deranged, treasonous old fucks who are actually behind this are running out of time, and they're just becoming more crazy and determined.

by Anonymousreply 2409/29/2013

When did impeachment come to mean merely "Our opponent won the election and we're REALLY pissed off about that... Impeach him!" ??

When I was a kid, impeachment was for Nixon because of criminal shit that he actually DID.

by Anonymousreply 2509/29/2013

SPLC should really just go ahead and label the Republican Party a hate group.

by Anonymousreply 2609/29/2013

Please, r27, educate yourself. The gop lies have poisoned your mind.

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2013

nice try, troll @ r27!

you're PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2013

And they actually went ahead with impeaching Clinton, R25.

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2013

How DARE they!

We should just borrow whatever we need, print it up if we can't pay it back, promise everything to everyone, and not worry!

OR, maybe we should get on the FDA to let STEM CELL tretaments move forward. One company (ACTC) improved a blnid man's vision from 20/400 to 20/40 in three weeks, while another drug, Grafix (from OSIR) cured 60 percent of diabetic foot ulcers. Seems big pharma doesn't like this, and the religious right are easily manipulated/bought pawns.

You'd think an aging public in need of a fountain of youth would prompt its government to reduce healthcare costs by CURING stuff, but no, even the Dems aren't smart enough to do that. Better to have a budget showdown rather than make real progress.

With ijnterest rates rising, debt service will soon cost another $200 billion a year, but don't worry, we can always -- ALWAYS -- just make ourselves richer by printing more. It's not like we ever hvae to pay it back. Just like our crdit cards: if we can afford the minimum payments, we're fine.

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2013

R30, they won the house so not really a minority are they?

by Anonymousreply 3209/29/2013

I kinda feel like this shutdown theatre is to distract us from something else, but all the fluoride I drink in the tap water at the insistence of the Prez's cool wifey with the awesome, chic clothes makes me too dumb/lazy to care.

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2013

Was wondering when the Freeper trash would spill over into this thread...

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.