Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TV Ratings: 'Queen Latifah' Enjoys Strong First Week, 'Bethenny' Still Soft

The new host improves on her lead in by 60 percent among women 25-54; "Ellen" has the best debut week in its ten year history.

Queen Latifah’s new talk show got off to an impressive start in its first week increasing 60 percent from its lead-in and 60 percent over the same time period a year ago among the key demographic of women 25-54.

Queen Latifah is easily the top-rated new syndicated talk show, beating its closest competitor by 50 percent.

In the 56 biggest markets, where Nielsen uses meters to get rapid results, Queen Latifah averaged a 1.5 rating and 4 percent share of homes watching TV at that time -- very respectable for a new show.

In New York, Latifah won the 9 a.m. time period on WCBS, which saw a 57 percent improvement over what was in the same slot last year. In New York, Latifah was up 120 percent to a 1.1 and 8 share in the key 25-54 female demo.

Latifah’s strongest market was San Antonia, Texas, the 36th largest market. It was number one at 3 p.m. in the Texas city, beating Ellen DeGeneres and others talkers.

Ellen,however, had something to cheer as well. Ellen had her strongest debut week in the decade long history of the show in total households, averaging an impressive 2.6 rating.

Ellen’s average was up from 2.5 last year and a 1.4 in the year her show debuted (2003). Bethenny Frankel's new show has started slow but is showing some improvement. In its second week her ratings were up 17 percent among the key demo group (women 25-54) to a 0.7, with 5 percent of available TV homes tuned in.

In New York, Bethenny Frankel’s talk show -- up against The View -- had a 1.2 rating and 8 percent share of viewers among the key demo in her second week, up 9 percent from her first week.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

Move over Oprah! Make way for the new black dyke in town!

J/K imho, Oprah is a wanna-be lesbian, Queen is a real one, and Dana seems like a very nice person...although they said that about Rosie once too.

by Anonymousreply 109/29/2013

Bethanny is awful, I saw about 10 minutes of her interviewing Kelly Osbourne and even Kelky was rolling her eyes ! She was going on and on about "food noise " sone ridiculous psychobabble term she made up for one of her diet self help books.

by Anonymousreply 209/29/2013

Bethenny's personality is too abrasive, grating and overbearing for a talk show. Her bitchiness and snark were funny on real housewives but that doesn't fly on a talk show. The "calling all my girls" theme is silly since she hardly has any friends.

by Anonymousreply 309/29/2013

In NYC, Bethenny is on against The Price Is Right. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 409/29/2013

"Bethenney" may still be soft, but I'm all hard muscle.

by Anonymousreply 509/29/2013

Bethenny's parents hated her so much from moment one, they spelled her name wrong.

by Anonymousreply 609/29/2013

Bethenny is a terrible show. A rotten replacement to Ricki Lake. Unlikeable and too mouthy. Hoping it gets take off SOON.

by Anonymousreply 709/29/2013

R3 agree 100% she was very entertaining on housewives. Talk show? not so much. In real life we know she's not a nice woman.

Go Queen! I knew she would do well.

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2013

I saw Betheney as a guest on another talk show and she was so irritating. I knew her show would not work.

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2013

Don't worry. If Bethenney's show gets cancelled you can still watch her Sunday nights on Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 1009/29/2013

DL's Matt Rettenmund works on the show. What's his job title?

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2013

^jaw sharpener

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2013

How is Matt Rettenmund "DL's Matt Rettenmund," R11? I've never seen him post here. Not to say he hasn't, or doesn't. I've just never noticed him.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2013

He has posted here. He's only identified himself on discussions of content from his blog, like his Broadway Bares pics/vids.

As much as DLers may bemoan the place, gay gossip/blogger types still use this place for info. For example, Luke Evans going back into the closet was posted here before any other gay sites reported it.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!