Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angel

I loved Angel more than Buffy. I even loved that season that everyone hated. I can't decide if my favorite character was Cordelia or Darla. Cordelia showed more layers on Angel than Buffy, but there is something about Darla. She reminds me of the Angelique character on Dark Shadows. All of her rage and anger is tied up in this great love, that burned hot, but was ultimately one-sided.

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2013

I liked it too, yes, even Season four... but didn't much care for significant parts of season five (the last season).

Cordelia was the heart of the show. When she left, the show was a sad echo of its former self. This was never more apparent than in the 100th episode special when she made a single-episode re-appearance... that episode shined out compared to the other episodes around it.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

Darla rocks. But did love Cordelia too. Would love see Darla in another show, like a guest spot on Vampire Diaries.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

I LOVED Lilah. Loved Lilah and Wesley together too.

Why the fuck the show killed her off and replaced her with that nonentity is a mystery to me.

Angel went into a swift decline once Cordelia and Lilah were gone.

And I never got the appeal of Fred, either.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

l loved loved loved Lilah. I also loved Lindsay. I didn't get Fred either and hated that she came between Wes and Gunn. Remember Doyle from Season 1?

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

[quote]Why the fuck the show killed her off and replaced her with that nonentity is a mystery to me.

"Eve", oh lord, she was so horrible. Rumors were that she was 1) cheaper, and 2) brought it because Lilah was considered "too old" and they wanted a more youthful demographic. Or something stupid like that.

Worst mistake of the show (out of many mistakes).

And I loved Lindsey.

Doyle was dumped for his drug use, and died of an O.D. not too long after. It was because they dumped him that they brought in Wesley, who was amazing on the show. His character growth and arc was second only to Cordillia's.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

One of my favorite lines from the Cordelia returns 100th episode is when she meets Eve, and says with disdain -- who is Lilia Lite?

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Is it true David Boreanaz refuses to acknowledge the show any longer and refuses to discuss it?

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

Supposedly Joss wanted Morena Baccarin for Eve, but she turned it down. Didn't love the character, but the actress they did cast was totally wrong for it too.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

I know for a fact that reporters are told that they may not ask David about Angel or Joss Whedon. I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

Agree with everyone else - Cordelia, Lilah, and Lindsay were the best.

[quote]And I never got the appeal of Fred, either

Fred had no appeal. Actually, as bad as she was, it was even worse when she became that demon at the end. I was only half-watching by that season.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

Morena Baccarin (aka Inara from Firefly) Would have been a lot better. But it was weird how he was giving all the firefly actors roles on his final seasons of Buffy and Angel...

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

It wasn't weird. Firefly got yanked and he had roles to fill.

by Anonymousreply 1209/29/2013

Loved Lindsay too - I don't know why I omitted him!

Lilah, Cordelia, Wes, Lindsay: best characters.

And if it's true that Lilah was replaced because Stephanie Romanov was considered "too old" fuck everyone who made that decision.

Stephanie was, and is, a beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2013

I remember when the show was axed and fans were trying to come up with ideas to save it and Boreanaz pretty much said thanks, but no thanks.

I loved "Angel" more than "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"....even the season with Conner.

Didn't know the info about Lilah, that sucks. I liked when she and Wesley got together.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

She was only 34 at the time Angel ended!

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

I liked Season Four BECAUSE it was so batshit insane compared the boring blackhole of Season Three.

Seasons one and five are legitimately good. Season two was just forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

They really ruined Cordelia's character on Angel.

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

I like the last season,got a new family.

Also my real is dad is a vampire.

Thats ok.

I just don't like anything around my neck.

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

Does anyone remember when Darla was dying and Lindsay brought in Drusilla to re-vamp her. Best scene ever.

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

I heard the rumor was Charisma was written out due to her drug addiction.

I loved the secondary characters who came in like The Host/Lorne played by the late Andy Ballet.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

Oh, I thought this was going to be about the band...

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

[quote]I heard the rumor was Charisma was written out due to her drug addiction.

No, it was her pregnancy, which pissed off everyone, because they had to completely rewrite the second half of season four because of it.

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

Anyone else have a bit of a soft spot for Spike?

God, Fred was annoying. Loved Cordelia though.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

Wow! Eve must have really been a waste of air time because I don't remember her at all. Getting rid of Cordy made the show almost unbearably dark. Cordy was a bright spot in an otherwise dark universe.

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

I never saw a single episode of either one of these shows.

I haven't seen Twilight, Vampire Diaries or True Blood either.

An obsession with vampires is indicative of a dysfunctional and/or adolescent sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2013

R24, they realized their mistake at some point, and "Eve" was shunted to the side, barely used, and most of the characters started heaping scorn and derision on her like the viewers were.

That poor actress.

She went on to play "Rose" in "Seventh Heaven" for two years, and has had a steady career since then in movies I've never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 2609/30/2013

I liked the show.

All five seasons.

I was glad there were able to wrap it up - including giving Connor his memory back.

But if the first two season of either Buffy or Angel had been as bad as the last two seasons of Angel I never would have been hooked on either series.

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2013

Lorne/The Host was awesome and the main reason I watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2013

So much humor.

I loved the episode when they went to Italy...Kiss! Kiss!

Also, Angel and Wesley showing off their dance moves in season one.

Still cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 2910/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.