Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

House GOP budget hijackers ironically invoke "Let's Roll" ahead of shutdown vote

BTW, does the cinnamon roll thread still exist?

WASHINGTON— John Boehner has succeeded in rallying House Republicans around a single goal — an accomplishment that has eluded him for months, if not years.

The plan that has his conference so excited: passing funding resolution that the Senate and President Obama will assuredly reject, resulting in a government shutdown on Monday.

“We are 100 percent unified because we are doing the right things for the right reasons. Everyone said, ‘let’s vote!’ And I said, like on 9/11, ‘Let’s roll!’” said Texas Rep. John Culberson, making a reference to passenger Todd Bremer’s famous statement aboard the hijacked United 93 flight on September 11th.

“Ulysses S. Grant used to say, ‘Boys, quit worrying about what Bobby Lee is doing.’ I’m worried about what we’re doing and that’s where the House is today,” Culberson said of the Senate. “We’re going to quit worrying about what those other guys are doing and focus on what we are doing. Which is what Grant did, which ultimately led to the victory of the federal army [in the battle].”

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2013

So classless.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

Wow, now I have even more reasons to hate Republicans

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

The "gift" that keeps giving - just like herpes.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

The Republicans made a vow to make Obama a one term President. The Republicans hate Obama more than they love America

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

[quote]We’re going to quit worrying about what those other guys are doing and focus on what we are doing.

The "other guys" they don't care about are the citizens of this nation.

Every member of the House should be replaced - Rethugs and Democrats. It all took a big slide into Hell when the stupid Democrats voted for that bitch who announced, "Impeachment is off the table." The Pubbies knew from that Pelosi moment that they would be running things and screwing the voters.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

"The Pubbies knew from that Pelosi moment that they would be running things and screwing the voters."

Oh, shut up. You sound like a stupid Republican yourself, calling her a "bitch"

Impeaching a president would turn off the voters. Just ask the Republicans who impeached Clinton....

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

[quote]Impeaching a president would turn off the voters.

That's what we got from Miss Nancy and the morons who voted her as Speaker. She didn't push for impreachment of the President, let him continue to ruin the economy, and then she turned over the House of Representatives to the Rethugs. No doubt, you think that was a really great plan. Why don't you give your "turn off the voters" fairytale to all the people who lost their homes and can't find a job.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

That plane crashed, right?

by Anonymousreply 809/29/2013

By saying "let's roll", the Repugs are acnowledging that theirs is a suicide act. And they are bringing the whole country with them.

by Anonymousreply 909/29/2013

Republicans really are just retarded, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 1009/29/2013

"Todd Bremer"?! Who wrote this shit?

by Anonymousreply 1109/29/2013

R12 = gullible tool that believes the lies he's fed by those who are paid to lie to him.

ObamaCare isn't an abomination.

In fact, I bet you can't even justify why you think it's an abomination. At least not with anything factual.

by Anonymousreply 1309/29/2013

Not that we have much choice in it, but I say lets go for it and watch what happens when the Pubbies drive the country off the cliff. Obama's problem is that he caved to them in 2011 and gave Pubbies "98% of what they wanted," according to John Boehner. Now they've actually published a list that would essentially force Obama and the democrats to enact the Rmney/Ryan wet dream list that they wouldn't have been able to enact even if they'd won the 2012 election.

It is a pivotal moment for Obama. Does he want a legacy? Or will his legacy be that he gave the Pubbies everything they asked for without them having to actually win an election in which they proposed these ideas? In which case, do elections mean anything any longer? If he doesn't stand up to them now, I believe it will be the straw that breaks the proverbial donkey's back, and the base will dessert Obama. We've seen over the last 5 years that the teatards will not compromise, and the longer anarchists are appeased, the bolder they get. They won't stop with repealing Obamacare; next, they'll abolish Medicare and social security, saying that it doesn't matter that we've all paid into it for 75 years, the money is long gone.

They know exactly what they're doing. The fact that they invoked the phrase that 9/11 heroes used when they knew they were taking down a plane shows the teatard intent. They want to destroy the nation, and they don't care how they do it or how many Americans lose everything in the process. They are traitors.

by Anonymousreply 1409/29/2013

R7 is correct.

I've looked at this shit, over the last few years, as a con game. (No, I'm not meaning the word [italic]con[/italic] as in "conservative.")

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll (hates:men,women,muslims,gays,lesbians,jews and Obama, loves posting about stabbing women, bashing gays, killing jews etc.) #10 removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

Maybe Buzzfeed should wake up and realize that the shutdown would start on Tuesday, Oct 1.

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

R16, then vote someone else into office. This is a democracy and your side lost. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

[quote]I don't want my hard earned taxes going towards paying for someone to have healthcare

Do you even know how insurance works?

Do you understand YOUR costs will go down thanks to ObamaCare?

Do you understand that you'll get more and better benefits for your money, thanks to ObamaCare?

How fucking selfish, petty, short-sighted, and stupid are you, R16??

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

finally a Southern Republican vindicating Grant,Sherman and Sheridan for their actions they took during the Civil War. I hope that they will now realize that they as southerners can drop ther bitching now and forever

by Anonymousreply 2010/01/2013

It's a teaser for the Koch Brothers' new Let's Roll Supersoft Toilet Rolls!

by Anonymousreply 2110/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.