Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

MasterChef Jr. - I'm blowing the whistle on this shit right now.

Anyone watching? - Because I have to vent.

The kids are wannabe actors, not wannabe chefs. A few are from wealthy parents who are "gifting" their spoiled brats with a TV show. The rest were auditioned for personality and energy. None had to show any cooking skills.

NONE of the kids cooked anything. The cameras show them chopping, stirring, plating, etc. What they don't show are the real chefs (I was one) who actually cook the dishes and style the plates.

All of the "confessions" are scripted, as are the chats over the food with the judges. It was a pain in the ass because there were so many takes.

I know most people know this "reality" crap is BS, but as a real chef, I am insulted and disgusted. I know, "Mary!!" Seeing 9/10/12 year olds getting praised for something I made was much worse when I saw it all edited for TV.

I will never work on "reality" TV, or with entitled, bratty little twats and their vulgar parents ever again. On a side note, Gordon is charming beyond belief.

If you want a laugh, and want to see 8 -13 year olds turn out 5 star dishes and pastries, and plate them more beautifully than many top restaurants, it's at least enjoyable to make fun of.

by Anonymousreply 6602/25/2015

OP, I assume you signed a confidentiality agreement? Hope they don't trace the IP address.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

Just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

Why do they have to destroy the good concept they had with the regular Masterchef ? Back to back seasons with Jo Bitch on my TV ? When I could barely endure him this summer. I think not !

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

R3, they don't give a shit about searching IP's. More than enough fraus believe this reality shit and eat it up. OP venting on a gay message board doesn't mean shit.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

R2/R3/R7 - You seem a bit over invested.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

[quote]I'm blowing the whistle on this shit right now.

Oh God no! Next thing you'll tell us is that Househunters isn't real either!

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

R9, sadly, you're wrong. Some people still believe the Bachelor and (as R10 mentioned), House Hunters are real.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

I watched the show, and it does seem implausible. While OP is "just kidding," there must be something weird going on. These kids (8-13) are on television and under time pressure, yet everyone one of them creates a successful gourmet dish? By "creates" I mean conception, planning, getting ingredient.s, prepping, cooking and plating

I'm surprised the lawyers would let young children around sharp knives, hot pans and lots of boiling water.

Is it all a practical joke?

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

R12, I think the OP's just kidding, meant "just kidding".

It's ludicrous watching a 9 year old make a perfect rack of lamb, or pistachio crusted Chilean sea bass. Or perfect French macarons.

And as far as wondering why OP took the job, I am guessing his statement: "Seeing 9/10/12 year olds getting praised for something I made was much worse when I saw it all edited for TV." made it pretty clear. Big deal, he's venting.

People who watch the show *must* know that there is no way kids this young can, as R12 stated, come up with something on their own, with no recipe, from conception to the oh-so -perfect plating. There may be a handful of 9 year olds *world wide* who can do something like that. Certainly not 20 of them all in the US, and all with high energy camera ready smiles and snark.

Really, it's cringe inducing.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

[quote]R12, I think the OP's just kidding, meant "just kidding".

As in, he's serious, but is covering his ass.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

Sadly R11, you are right. It all starts when you call something "reality" when it's clearly not - and everyone in the media just gulps it right down.

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

I think OP's "just kidding" means he really has nothing to do with the show. Perhaps he will clarify. If there's any truth to this it would be quite the scandale.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

Reality tv has never been real. What kind of idiot believes it is?

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

The whole thing is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

I think Top Chef and Project Runway are pretty real.

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2013

I appreciate the OP's assertion of the BS involved in this show, even though his account is all fiction and fabricated, etc. I say take the money and laugh your way to the bank. This show is designed to appeal to fraus and those peons who you, as a elite chef, will rarely, if ever, encounter. And who cares if your Hamptons hideaway was paid for with MasterChef Jr. money or by whatever else you think is more legitimate/"real."

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2013

I believe OP

by Anonymousreply 2210/01/2013

[quote]I believe OP

His original story or his confession that it was bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 2310/01/2013

I don't think it was a confession. I believe his first post.

They fake a lot of things:

by Anonymousreply 2410/01/2013

Perfectly executed troll, OP. Even if you now completely deny you were ever involved, there will still be morons here who claim that the show all faked.

I feel bad for those kids, who really do seem to have talent.

by Anonymousreply 2510/01/2013

little fuckers

by Anonymousreply 2610/01/2013

I thought regular MasterChef was pretty scripted this season. For instance, Krissi made it WAY too far and was only there for the drama.

I also highly suspect they're cooking off recipes. Some of them botch basic dishes, but then we're expected to believe they can make a pate a choux without an exact recipe and not have it be a total disaster?

by Anonymousreply 2710/01/2013

There is a difference between scripted and manipulated. I can believe they kept Krissi for the drama.

by Anonymousreply 2810/01/2013

[quote]there will still be morons here who claim that the show all faked.

Um, what? MORONS will claim the show is faked? Actually anyone who ISN'T a moron can see that the show is faked.

by Anonymousreply 2910/01/2013

Interesting. I hadn't intended on watching the show but I do watch the regular one so my DVR automatically picked it up.

I thought the food looked incredibly professional for kids of that age without a misfire in the bunch. Better than the adults actually.

I figured something had to be up.

by Anonymousreply 3010/01/2013

I've been watching since this thread started, trying to spot some shenanigans, but the editing is too well done.

Today, these kids had a Mystery Box challenge and the ingredients were things unappealing to kids. Their boxes contained things like sardines with the head on, fennel, brussel sprouts, kidneys, snails, etc. One girl made a souffle, a boy made grilled artichokes. COME ON!

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2013

All bullshit. Plus the kids get "cooking classes" before the show so they know the basics as far as cutting, whisking, etc..

by Anonymousreply 3210/21/2013

I'm another whose DVR auto-recorded this.

I knew the show was phony well before the OP kidded us about it. The youngest one, Sarah, and the way she cooks - no fucking way. But it's a television show, not the Supreme Court Justices (who have their own issues).

I hope the OP wasn't also kidding about Ramsey's charm. I've always liked him and wanting him to fuck me senseless is merely a side issue.

by Anonymousreply 3310/21/2013

I knew the OP was kidding.

by Anonymousreply 3410/21/2013

My husband is really distressed by this show. He thinks it's child abuse and shouldn't be on TV. I keep telling him it's all staged, but he says the tears were real and it's damaging to these children.

by Anonymousreply 3510/22/2013

The "Take Over A Restaurant Kitchen" episode is next week.

The teaser looks like it gets a bit heavy, with Ramsey yelling at the kids, etc.

I'm not a baby-the-children sort, so the fact that the kids experience pressure and losing in the competition doesn't bother me. I'm not sure I'll be so sanguine about the kids getting a bollocking. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 3610/22/2013

[quote]I knew the OP was kidding.

I don't think he was.

by Anonymousreply 3710/22/2013

Everyone knows there's a lot of fakery in "reality" tv shows, but a competition show usually isn't entirely faked like this. Those brats should definitely be cooking their own meals. The screw-ups and imperfections would probably just make it more entertaining anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3810/22/2013

I watched the first episode and it was very hard to believe. All I can think is that they were told all the possible challenges in advance and had at least 6 months of practice, traine by professionals. Kids can be very precocious. They can pick stuff up. It is very suspicious though that they're all as cute as they are.

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2013

[quote]I also highly suspect they're cooking off recipes. Some of them botch basic dishes, but then we're expected to believe they can make a pate a choux without an exact recipe and not have it be a total disaster?

They once mentioned a library of cookbooks. I assume they are allowed to consult them. Not sure why they would hide this.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2013

When you do troll dar on a post, wouldn't it show all posts including OP? If so, OP and R4 are not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 4110/29/2013

I know of no kids who are "precocious" enough to cook like chefs at 9-13 years old. The cooking and the plating were far beyond anything these children could have done on their own.

It's bullshit but sometimes it's entertaining bullshit. At least they sent home the nine year old girl. She was always looking for the cameras. Her teammate was a real jerk to her in the latest episode. Her crying at the end was awful.

The girl with the plastic bow on her head needs a new stylist or new parents.

Todd, or whatever the one kid left standing on the losing team's name is, was a dick. They should have booted him for dickishness.

by Anonymousreply 4210/29/2013

In one episode the 9-year-old girl was shrieking "beat like a man" in a angry tone during the whipped cream challenge. I suspect she comes from a family where there is at least verbal abuse.

[quote]Todd, or whatever the one kid left standing on the losing team's name is, was a dick. They should have booted him for dickishness.

Agreed. Trey or Troy I think.

by Anonymousreply 4310/29/2013

At least Chaz Bono is on TV.

by Anonymousreply 4410/29/2013

Faaaaaake

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2013

This is a fake "confession". The OP has never been on Jr Masterchef. The kids DO cook. Its pretty much exactly as you see it on TV except it takes a lot longer. Get off this site OP, you are an embarrassment to it!

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2014

When the US decided to send that female skater (who spent too much of the Championships falling on her ass) to the Olympics, I knew that even the Olympics have fallen into "reality" territory. NBC has too much invested into ass-faller, which should not be a deciding factor.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2014

[quote]The kids DO cook. Its pretty much exactly as you see it on TV

Bitch, please.. Obviously you are a shill for the show. Nice try!

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2014

It's obvious none of you have been around children. Children are not helpless beings who can't do anything. Of course they can cook and plate. Just because you were a stupid child who couldn't do anything doesn't mean everyone is.

by Anonymousreply 4901/29/2014

If it's on TV, dummies will believe it.

by Anonymousreply 5001/29/2014

the kid who won is a ugly tubby.

the show is of course fake. i don't believe that a 12 year old can cook that well.

puh leeze.

by Anonymousreply 5203/13/2014

Is anyone else watching the adult version?

by Anonymousreply 5309/01/2014

The new season starts tonight, 11/04. Everyone keep an eye out for shenanigans; let's see if the OP was right about the kids getting help with their creations.

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2014

I'd only watch that shit if they were throwing the kids into ovens...

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2014

No one believes that anything on any "reality" show is real.

Unfortunately many do believe it is real. Idiots to be sure but some believe it.

Check out R20

by Anonymousreply 5711/05/2014

[quote] No one believes that anything on any "reality" show is real. Unfortunately many do believe it is real. Idiots to be sure but some believe it.

And we wonder how Republicans keep getting elected.

by Anonymousreply 5811/05/2014

Evidently you don't realize real chefs don't cook. They simply plan meals, prepare budgets and order minimum wage Mexicans around to do the actually preparing of meals.

by Anonymousreply 5911/05/2014

The two boys in the final four irritate me. I hope I can explain my issue... they're not real kids. They seem to be a construct of either their parents or the producers. Both of them have a dedicated wardrobe item that is their signature look all through the run of the series -- bowtie boy and vest boy. What preteen boy picks out a bowtie as part of his daily outfit? I just want real kids, not these manufactured robot kids.

by Anonymousreply 6012/09/2014

That Samuel is so affected and rehearsed - annoying.

by Anonymousreply 6112/09/2014

I watch the show as a form of entertainment. What concerns me about this is, if the guy says he made all the great looking food. What does he do flip a coin and decide to make sub par food for the kids who get kicked off the show because their hollandaisle broke, fish over cooked etc. come on folks it's just TV.

by Anonymousreply 6202/05/2015

I love this show & until tonight I thought it was fixed. This is the first time I've been surprised by a winner, I thought Andrew had this locked down.

by Anonymousreply 6302/24/2015

Anyone who thinks this show is real is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 6402/24/2015

What R64 said. All reality shows are either fixed, or helped along by producers and writers. It amazes me that anyone would believe this is real.

by Anonymousreply 6502/24/2015

Appetizers: one dominates.

Main course: guess what happens.

Dessert: guess what happens.

(Okay, I really didn't have to spoil appetizers. Every course is absolutely predictable.)

by Anonymousreply 6602/25/2015
Need more help? Click Here.