Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will you take a look (tasteful friends) at this 'Vibrant Tuscan four bedroom country house' ?

I'd be really interested in what you think of it.

Underneath the pics there's a link to an article about the London interior decorator who transformed it.

[quote]The interior was dark and dingy, but Guild remodelled the rooms into larger, open-plan spaces with splashes of bright colour.

by Anonymousreply 3709/28/2013

It's a fabulous Tuscan farm house but you can immediately see that the owner is not Italian.

She's decorated it in teenage girl taste. No culture. Banal choices all around.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

Great house but Tricia Guild's usual vibrant color scheme doesn't work in a Tuscan farmhouse.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

The house looks cute from outside. Inside, IKEA!!!

I hate sponge-painted walls.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

too new and colourful inside

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

It looks like heaven from the outside, inside... just NO! There is modern that can blend with history, but this "plastic meets Easter egg color scheme" look is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

A lot of money went into making the interior look like something out of a Milwaukee cat lady's retreat.

"I scoop all eight litterboxes every day, I swear!"

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Good bones, but I expected a Justin Bieber poster over the bed.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

Bertolucci's film Stealing Beauty was not a very good one, but the villa in the film is my dream place.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Also, I remember watching a documentary about Francesca Woodman and salivating over her parents' summer house in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

I could cry with jealousy over the pics at R8. Buckets.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

When in doubt...just sling a stack of flourescent throw cushions.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

The colors are very Susan Sargent and it's too rustic for me.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

It really is beautiful from the outside, especially the first photo...the rest is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

I love everything about it. I thought the bright colours were too vibrant at first, but they all work well with each other. I think I would have preferred somewhat a slightly more muted colour scheme, but the whole thing is really fantastic. I'm an artist who uses a brighter palette, so, perhaps, I like it more than my fellow posters.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

She ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

I like the bright colors and open spaces but those godawful plastic bucket kitchen chairs and that twin bed are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2013

Love the house but the décor and bright colors would go first. I'd stain the ceiling cross beams darker. The outside staircase would need a handrail so all my drunken Judy-worshiping BFs don't die on my property.

Then I'd bring in R1 to help me decorate. (Hope he's a bottom)

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2013

I like the house and the paint colors and the kitchen, but I'd throw out the rest of the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2013

Looks like iOS 7 threw up all over the interior.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

The interior really does look cheap, which I imagine it wasn't. IKEA is exactly what it looks like. Too bad.

A couple of pale, warm colors on the walls and a less neon-colored furniture palette would have given the place a whole different air. And I too would pitch almost all the furnishings.

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

The house is for sale. The photos here (@ link) are better and include pics of the pool.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

It looks like the set of an early Tim Burton film.

Or the home of a 1980s nouveau riche.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

Apparently the house has been on the market for two years. They've lowered the price.

It was featured in the London Times in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

What's "tasteful friends" a reference to?

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

The garden and outside of the house are lovely. The inside looks cheap, clashes with the outside and as R1 said looks like it was decorated for a 13-year-old girl. It could have been painted lighter inside without using garish colors. I'd prefer a more traditional country look.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

One can use too much color.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

Obviously that small village in Tuscany has an IKEA with a large "AS-IS" clearance section.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

" Big Brother House " the Tuscan edition.

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

Holy shit!

Per Wiki: [quote]Tricia Guild OBE is a British designer and the founder and Creative Director of Designers Guild an international home and lifestyle company with a flagship store and showroom on the Kings Road and Marylebone High Street in London, and offices in London, Paris and Munich.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013

Softer pastels would've worked better for someone who likes colour. The furniture is horrendous!

by Anonymousreply 3009/28/2013

Tricia Guild's top tips for inside your home @ link.

by Anonymousreply 3109/28/2013

way to ruin a lovely home. those color choices are hideous!

by Anonymousreply 3209/28/2013

Usually it is a rare occasion when the landscape completely outclasses the interior, but Palm Springs interior designers may argue otherwise. This is one occasion. Is this the interior of the home pictured? I don't belive it.

The outside is amazing. The interior is, well...what one would expect from a two year old or British interior designer with experience in child care, high end clients with no taste or graphic design, budget books division.

It's a very bad design in really every way. Without getting to the obvious, what is the furniture? Why? What happened? Are there sorority houses there that were closed? Were there a group of misfits that lived in a drug addled alternate candyland universe? Wrong styles, wrong colors wrong proportions, wrong "inside joke" whimsies, wrong, all wrong, so it is considered good by people with more money than taste.

What the FUCK is that bedroom? Is that where people visiting from London sleep it off? Can you imagine WAKING up in that room, so...the lamp on the floor.

Ghastly, pretentious, and insane.

Who will be this interior designers next victim?

Note to interior designer...check out Palm Springs, rich electro-shock client types with vision issues especially when signing checks.

by Anonymousreply 3309/28/2013

Did they run out of money to have lovely finished Sheetrock ceilings? I might as well be living out back in the barn with Rafalca.

by Anonymousreply 3409/28/2013

The word is CHEAP, people. This is hideous, cheapshit decor.

A shame, because it looks like a lot of care was involved in restoring the exterior.

by Anonymousreply 3509/28/2013

Well, like everyone said, the exterior is perfect. The interior looks like my 9 year old niece exploded.

by Anonymousreply 3609/28/2013

Perhaps the decor serves as a theft deterrent while they're away.

by Anonymousreply 3709/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!