Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has Anyone Taken Airborne?

You're suppose to take it before you get sick, in case you've been around someone who's been sick.

Has anyone tried it?

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Only in my dreams.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

Read reviews online that call it a marketing gimmick and a fraud. Chicken soup is more effective, as is herb tea.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

I use it pretty regularly whenever I feel a bit down or my throat gets scratchy, and I can sense a cold might develop - and it's hard to give a definitive answer, but I feel like it's helped me head off full-blown colds a number of times (e.g., my throat will feel fine the next day). I used to develop colds pretty regularly in the winters, and I feel like I've definitely reduced the number of times I've fallen ill since I started using it as part of an overall cold prevention regimen (though honestly if your body is really worn down and there's a strong virus, Airborne isn't going to stop it).

I know there's some controversy about its claims, and about how healthy that much Vitamin C is for your body (apparently there's a risk of kidney stones from too much use?), but I don't feel it's hurt me. The downside is that if you take multiple tablets a day, you go through bottles pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

I bought the tablets. Now I'm thinking I should have gone and bought the tablet you dissolve and drink. 4 pills x 3 times a day. Bleh!

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

My character in Contagion proved these things do not work.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

Dissolve them in vodka!

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Always take it before I get on a flight. Have a friend who takes it everyday, and never gets sick.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

The manufacturers were fined almost $30 million for false claims. There are also questions about vitamin A and C toxicity due to the dose. Read

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!