Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What To Do With Radishes?

I have about 2 cups of baby radishes that I have no idea what to do with.

I am housesitting and my friends told me to eat anything in the refrigerator -- but what can I do with fresh radishes?

Any ideas, DL's culinary whizzes?

Please help if you have a tasty (and hopefully easy) recipe that isn't a salad.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

String them together with fishing line in order to make homemade anal beads.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

Radish Jones!

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

Use them as an impromptu ball gag.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

There's really not much you can do with them outside of thinly-slicing them over salads.

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

Google Radish chips from Betty Crocker. If you are not into frying there is an old creamed radish recipe. Or just pickle them

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

Are you familiar with Allrecipes? How about sauteed radishes which has very few ingredients or potato salad with radishes.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Well, if you are out of ping-pong balls, then radishes will do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

r6: Thank you for the All Recipes link. Sautéing these radishes looks like my best bet, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Making a nice radish enema as I type this

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

Radishes are great sautèed together with other vegetables...or even just steamed and dressed with olive oil and lemon.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

Sauteed radishes are great, OP. I also throw them in with zucchini or summer squash.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

There are few things better than a radish sandwich (unless it's a purple onion sandwich).

Ideally, use fresh homemade white bread -- or go to a good bakery & get a fresh loaf of white sandwich bread, or French bread (not sourdough).

Cut 2 slices of the bread medium thin & coat one side of each slice with good butter. Slice the radishes (or onions) very thin & cover one slice of the buttered bread with overlapping slices of the vegetable -- salt & pepper liberally (add another layer of the vegetable if you want a heartier sandwich & sprinkle that with more salt & pepper).

Top with the other slice of buttered bread & cut in half diagonally. Eat with a cold glass of Guinness or dark beer.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

Radishes are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

1)First make radish roses. It is very important as a gay man that you do this. 2) Next admire your flowers. Move them around on a plate to make an arrangement. 3) Salt 4) Eat

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

Thinly sliced, with snap peas and chopped parsley with an olive oil and lemon juice tossed with soba noodles.

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

The French eat them just thinly sliced and salted on buttered bread if that's any help.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2013

[quote]The French eat them just thinly sliced and salted on buttered bread if that's any help.

Because like vegemite/marmite, they all taste like shit and you need bread and butter to get it down.

No one is eating radishes because they actually taste good.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2013

I like them! Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2013

When radishes cook they become sweet.

Raw radishes are also nice grated over fish.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

R14, the radish roses need a soak in ice water to open properly. And remain crispy-crunchy. As do carrot stick fans.

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

Finely diced, makes a great addition to tuna salad sandwiches. Or throw 'em into a bowl of water, and let the mice bob for 'em.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

I love radishes, R17! I eat them with at least one meal a day -- beautiful (several different colors & shapes), crunchy, spicy accompaniment to sandwiches or soup or pasta or rice or eggs, etc. Readily & cheaply available all year, very few calories, & full of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, & fiber.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

Yum yum eatem up.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

Deep-fry those mofos!

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!