Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Parks & Recreation - I just don't get it. How is this considered funny and how's it been on so many seasons?

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2013

It used to be a great show ... until it became a "let's worship Leslie Knope and pretend Rob Lowe is funny" for 23 minutes a week.

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

it's a filler show for NBC, not expensive and disposable at any time, the shows like this aim for syndication which requires about 100 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

Dry humor = not funny.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

I don't like it either. I tried a few episodes from various seasons and all of the characters are just annoying - especially that girl with only one expression. It's very similar to The Office. I hated that show too.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

[quote] pretend Rob Lowe is funny" for 23 minutes a week.

Does Al-Qaeda know about this form of torture? I'd imagine you could reduce someone to a blubbering mess with just 10 minutes of pretending Rob Lowe is funny.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

I also don't get it. The show is not funny, most of the actors with a few exceptions can't act.

I also never could understand the appeal of How I Met Your Mother, for the same reasons. But I at least smiled a few times watching HIMYM. Never happened with Parks & Rec.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

Is it just me or is Amy Poehler one of the most seriously unattractive women to ever headline a sitcom. The make-up department surely works overtime on her face to make it minimally camera-ready.

by Anonymousreply 1509/29/2013

I tried to watch the season premiere. It was pretty bad, but I loved Ron Swanson getting married...but it was, of course, ruined by Leslie shrieking and having a psychotic break. So I enjoyed it for about 30 seconds. Leslie Knope used to be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 1609/29/2013

My tv was stuck on this shitty show the other night. The only funny scenes were the one with the Indian guy, Tom (Aziz). The rest of the show was really awful. Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones aren't remotely funny or entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 1709/29/2013

You have to admit that Adam Scott is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 1809/29/2013

I want Chris Pratt inside me, deeply.

by Anonymousreply 1909/29/2013

Chris Pratt is the only hot one on this show. His face is fucking gorgeous with the weight loss.

Adam Scott has the shoulders of a 2nd grader...they always give him those skinny ties to try to hide it.

by Anonymousreply 2009/29/2013

I agree; not funny, but you get in a can have a long, long run of success without being terribly talented.

by Anonymousreply 2109/29/2013

It's also making the mistake of getting drippily sentimental. Making Ron Swanson all weepy in Scotland was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 2209/29/2013

P&R returns to the Thursday night schedule this week with 2 new episodes.

Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones' last episode will air in the next couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2013

I think some sitcoms are popular because that's what attracts people: they're not funny. But they're trying to be... see? They're laughing AT them.

Ever tell a bad joke and no one laughs. Except that one person, who heehaws in a kind of derision?

Friends and The Office were like that.

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!