Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL fave Ann Romney publishes a cookbook

What to do the day after you lose a presidential election? John McCain avoided the newspapers. Michael Dukakis went right back to work. As for Mitt Romney, he and his wife turned to comfort food.

“The morning after Mitt conceded defeat in his 2012 presidential campaign, I came home and made Grandmother Pottinger’s pancakes for both of us,” Ann Romney writes in her new cookbook. “There was so much batter left over that we decided to make pancakes for the Secret Service guys who were packing up to leave.”

In “The Romney Family Table,” which hits shelves next week, the former Republican presidential candidate’s wife shares her most trusted recipes – from pancakes and pies to Mitt’s favorite meat loaf cakes.

The secret to those? The “sweet and tangy” sauce made with ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and all-spice. Best served with mashed potatoes and cooked carrots, according to Ann.

Mitt also has a fondness for rhubarb pie, hot dogs and – back to the pancakes – he likes those two at a time “with crunchy peanut butter between them, all topped with maple syrup,” she writes.

The book, published by Shadow Mountain, features mostly simple, All-American recipes (chicken pot pie, potato salad, apple crumb cake) and a bunch of family photos: Mitt making ice cream for his grandchildren, lots of Romney baby pics and Ann looking very Martha Stewart-esque in the kitchen.

Readers will also be reminded that the Romneys just might have the perfect family life. Ann writes of idyllic summer gatherings at the lake house, in-laws who all get along and Christmas Eve feasts after which “we would retire to the family room, where Mitt would lead off the evening’s program with his reading of excerpts from ‘A Christmas Carol’, by Charles Dickens.”

It “may sound ideal, but it rarely works out quite that way,” Romney insists.

In family stories throughout the book, Romney recalls the challenges of raising five rambunctious boys and the joy of caring for — and feeding — a growing flock of grandkids.

She also manages to slip in one (very mild) political dig. Next to her recipe for Fluffernutter Sandwiches, Romney notes that “Mayor Bloomberg probably has Fluff high on his list of substances to be banned in New York City.”

“For me,” she writes. “[That] would be an added incentive to keep it around.”

by Anonymousreply 5310/14/2013

She needs to be fucked

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

The meatloaf cakes sound good, but I'm a little suspicious about 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a meatloaf that's only 1 1/2 pounds of meat.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

It gets more and more like The Handmaiden's Tale every day.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

You don't use lemon in meatloaf, the acid should be a little wine.

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

I hope she includes her old favorites:

Welfare Mother au Gratin

Annie's Famous Broiled Homeless Person smothered in Displaced Worker sauce

Underemployed Amandine

and

Despair Mahi Mahi

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

It would be impossible to make that article more Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

A cookbook! Oh no, has anyone seen Rafalca?

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

So, what, they's just normal folk now?

Bitch hasn't turned on an oven probably ever.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Is it wrong of me that I suspect most of her recipes taste really good?

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

[quote]A cookbook! Oh no, has anyone seen Rafalca?

He's the one covered in lemon juice!

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

That cunt couldn't boil a pot of water. She knows full well her staff submitted recipes for the book (minus the urine and feces they usually sneak into her food).

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

Actually, there's an entire chapter dedicated to the late Refalca.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

If she had a sense of humor, she would have called it "To Serve Man."

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

Her sisterwives ghosted it.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

R4, you KNOW we want to live on our Family Planet when we die and therefore cannot use your "wine" in our Latter Day meatloaf.

Shame on you, Temptress.

Hisssssssssss........sssss....sssssss.......ssssssss

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

I think it's sweet she dedicated the book to "You people."

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2013

She probably uses lemon juice because Mormons abstain from liquor including wine.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2013

Wow - this is so transparent. Mitt - you're done. This isn't going to help you win any more races.

Jesus Christ - does anyone think she does any cooking?

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2013

Chapter 3 includes an old family favorite, Pheasant Under Glass, although we prefer to serve it on top of the glass. In fact, we prefer all of our friends in the animal kingdom to be on the roofs of things.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

[quote]Jesus Christ - does anyone think she does any cooking?

In the bedroom, apparently...

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

Yeah---I can see Ann Romney slaving away in her kitchen cooking up a fine heap o' vittles for her Stepford family.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

[quote]Chapter 3 includes an old family favorite, Pheasant Under Glass, although we prefer to serve it on top of the glass. In fact, we prefer all of our friends in the animal kingdom to be on the roofs of things.

Hence, the homage to this practice with her recipe for "Car Rack of Lamb."

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

Here's an old favorite of Mitt's: Hot Dog on a Stick Shift

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

does she have a recipe for graxy?

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

Do her recipes include the number of staff folk required to make each dish ???

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

Tell me again which room is the kitchen.....?

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

[quote]A cookbook! Oh no, has anyone seen Rafalca?

He's featured in her version of Ikea's Sweetish Meatballs.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

A cookbook? What's next, a decorating book featuring all their residences?!

As if these two despicable plastic Stepford bastards need any MORE money!

Fuck 'em!

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

Negro pleez.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013

Love Ann's 47 Percent Velveeta Casserole

Her All-White Christmas Dinner

And her Planet Kolob Fruitcake.

by Anonymousreply 3009/28/2013

I loved her recipe for bitter greens

by Anonymousreply 3109/28/2013

All her greens are in Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 3209/28/2013

She likes pie

by Anonymousreply 3309/28/2013

Is that why she doesn't want to let anyone else have a slice?

by Anonymousreply 3409/28/2013

Mitt's Broiled Roof Rack of Lab

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2013

Maybe it's a book about how to hire help on the cheap and then how to micromanage THEM cooking.

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2013

A "sweet and tangy" sauce made with ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and all-spice?

How did I manage to miss that in all of my cookbooks?

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2013

Ann Romney hasn't been in the kitchen since that fateful day when the rotisserie sliced off her tits.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2013

Crow under glass

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2013

[quote[]The meatloaf cakes sound good, but I'm a little suspicious about 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a meatloaf that's only 1 1/2 pounds of meat.

That's how she gets the sour look on her face.

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2013

Is this for a prison or concentration camp?

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2013

What, no recipe for sour grapes? She's famous for it.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2013

The Secret Service pancakes story is clearly to address criticism the campaign faced for cutting off their staff's credit cards election night.

He could very well be running again. After all, God has chosen him to be the first Mormon president!

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2013

My personal view is that he is not viable as a candidate unless he moves to Detroit and accomplishes some big initiative there to improve things.

by Anonymousreply 4409/29/2013

And it's probably too late for that. He would have had to do it before now.

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2013

From the acknowledgements...

(Not kidding...this is real)

"Warm thanks to my friend Oscar de la Renta for so generously offering his exquisite new line of tableware to use in the food photography. His unique style and flair are a valuable contribution to this book."

That Ann...so warm and down-to-earth.

by Anonymousreply 4610/04/2013

[quote]"Warm thanks to my friend Oscar de la Renta for so generously offering his exquisite new line of tableware to use in the food photography. His unique style and flair are a valuable contribution to this book."

What a high-hat cunt!

by Anonymousreply 4710/04/2013

Mormons and Utahns in general are known for their Jell-O salads ... are there any in the cookbook?

by Anonymousreply 4810/04/2013

^ Yeah ... what about funeral potatoes?

by Anonymousreply 4910/04/2013

r49, you hit the nail on the head with the Funeral Potatoes. I am from the Midwest and we called them cheesy potatoes but my LDS friends call them Funeral Potatoes. They are really good.

by Anonymousreply 5010/04/2013

According to the Oscar de la Renta website, the tray Ann is holding on the acknowledgement page is $595.

On the handcrafted in India tray is a set of "Dot and Dash" cocktail plates ($125 for four.)

Next to them, highlighting what appears to be a Caprese salad, are four "Dot and Dash" dinner plates, coming in at $43 a piece.

Further decorating the tray is the de la Renta champagne bucket, here used modestly to hold some simple flowers, ringing in at a mere $350.

Just $1242 to serve the family funeral potatoes.

What could be better?

by Anonymousreply 5110/04/2013

[quote]Romney's family portrait is not entirely without political consideration. Son Josh, who encouraged his mother to write the cookbook, is being pressed by his father's onetime campaign financiers to run for governor of Utah. Son Matt was courted this summer by some of his father's donors, who wanted him to jump into the race for mayor of San Diego (he quickly declined). When Massachusetts Republicans were shopping for a candidate in the special election for U.S. Senate this year, they tried to recruit a third son, Tagg.

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 5210/14/2013

The Rmoneys are such sickening fuxs. They nauseate me...

by Anonymousreply 5310/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.