Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are some movies that make you cry?

I'm watching the end of Mr. Holland's Opus and sobbing.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14606/29/2014

Watching Lana Turner in Madam X. She played the shit out of that role. And her death scene was magnificent. Best damned soap opera movie I ever seen.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 109/28/2013

Accidental Tourist

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 209/28/2013

Whale Rider

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 309/28/2013

I weep at the end of most entertainment. I come to love the characters and don't want them to leave, even for a week. I barely see movies anymore because I become so obsessed with what subsequently happens that I have to produce art that somehow continues the story, especially if all the principle cast is still living.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 409/28/2013

in my youth, almost nothing could bring me to tears. now in my dotage, nearly anything can cause me to tear up. sappy commercial, moving speech, cute boys hugging on screen...

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 509/28/2013

r4 = Mega Mary!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 609/28/2013

the miracle worker with Patty Duke & Anne Bancroft

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 709/28/2013

Bridges of Madison County

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 809/28/2013

r6 must be flagged for improper use of MARY!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 909/28/2013

Can TV also be included? Because I just went through this re-watching the first season of "Mad Men" recently.

The whole story arc of Don Draper's younger brother. The actor that played it was so earnest and conveyed it all so clearly. How he had idolized his older brother, kept the hope alive that he had not been killed in the war like he had been told. How crushed he was at Don's reaction when he found him. It was very well done and so heartbreaking. I cried big time while watching it.

For movies -- the end of "Streetcar ..." when they come to haul off Blanche. The sounds she makes, like a wounded, captured animal just get me every time.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1009/28/2013

The Whales of August

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1109/28/2013

"Blossoms in the Dust." "Brokeback Mountain." D'uh.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1209/28/2013

Penny Serenade

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1309/28/2013

"Hawaii" (1966)

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1409/28/2013

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1509/28/2013

The Joy Luck Club and Fearless ... every. fucking. time.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1609/28/2013

Die hard III

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1709/28/2013

Too many to list. I don't actually cry tears but I get choked up at some of the stupidest things. A couple legitimate ones that come to mind are

To Kill A Mockingbird

Philadelphia (I know, DL hates it but when the brother is inconsolable at the end, I lose it).

Of course, The Miracle Worker.

One of the stupider ones..

A League Of Their Own

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1809/28/2013

Animated kids movies. Those things don't mess around. That's some hardcore emotions there.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 1909/28/2013

The Iron Giant, always, and especially during the final scene.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2009/28/2013

Ordinary People Bridges of Madison County Resurrection Miracle Worker The Way We Were The Green Mile Andre's Mother Philadelphia Ghost Thorn Birds Dark Victory Eddy Duchin Story

oh, so many

and there was a TV movie years ago, Love is Never Silent that had me racked with sobs

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2109/28/2013

The final scene in the Ghost and Mrs. Muir when Gene Tierney's youth and beauty are restored as she is finally united with Rex Harrison provokes tears every time.

The final scene in "Silent Running" where the little robot with it's watering can is seen drifting into deep space with Earth's sole surviving forest.

When Gizmo says good-bye to Billy in "Gremlins".

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2209/28/2013

Killed me as a kid and still does.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2309/28/2013

Barbara Stanwyck in "Stella Dallas" (1937).

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2409/28/2013

ET.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2509/28/2013

Hichiko A Dogs Story makes me get all weepy.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2609/28/2013

[italic]Moulin Rouge[/italic] scene when Christian denounces Satine onstage and walks away. She then sings to him their love song ("Come What May") and he returns to her arms. She dies minutes later.

Gets me every time!!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2709/28/2013

Running On Empty - the reunion scene between the mother and her father (Christine Lahti and Steven Hill).

Billy Eliot - a scene with Billy remembering his mum in the kitchen. Later, when the brother tries to stop the dad from crossing the picket line.

One True Thing - the Christmas choir scene.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2809/28/2013

Mysterious Skin

It's been over 30 years since I watched Benji or The Fox & The Hound and there's no way in hell I would watch them as an adult. I would be ugly-crying for days.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 2909/28/2013

Old Yeller

How on earth is that a children's story?

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3009/28/2013

Carrie-when she's dancing with Tommy while the band plays "I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me" I'm listening to it now and tearing up. BLUB!!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3109/28/2013

Love Story

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3209/28/2013

The ending of the Color Purple cured my alexithymia.

“Me and you, us never part. Makidada. Me and you, us have one heart. Makidada. Ain’t no ocean, ain’t no sea. Makidada. Keep my sister away from me.”

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3309/28/2013

What Dreams May Come streaming on Netflix.

Only thing is it makes you cry too often throughout the movie. You should only have certain poignant moments and then space between. Shouldn't be a tear duct trigger throughout.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3409/28/2013

R4, I would love to see your art. Can you describe your style?

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3509/28/2013

Any film in which the animal dies or is separated from its caretaker. WTF is wrong with me?

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3609/28/2013

"Longtime Companion"

"When I'm 64"

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3709/28/2013

No movie made me cry like Brokeback Mountain, reminding me of the importance of representation. But they need to make more happy gay-themed movies, I would've preferred Jack and Ennis riding off into the sunset together.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3809/28/2013

The Way We Were

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 3909/28/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4009/28/2013

Wit

My Dog Skip

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4109/28/2013

Many already listed here plus:

Cinema Paradiso, the end with the saved film Terms of Endearment, when Emma dies staring at Flap and Flap is asleep and oblivious The Joy Luck Club, when the babies are left behind Testament, the preparing for burial scene Bowling For Columbine, when hearing the actual 911 call of a father frantic for his kid Zero Dark Thirty, when you hear the recording of the World Trade Center Top of The World worker saying to the 911 dispatcher "I'm going to die, aren't I?". And then she shortly stops speaking and the dispatcher keeps calling for her to say something.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4209/28/2013

Eight Below, or any movie where the dog dies.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4309/28/2013

The scene in "The Neverending Story" where Atreyu's horse, Artax, sinks into the Swamp of Sadness really gets to me.

Also, the beginning of "Up".

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4409/28/2013

Beaches, Bitches

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4509/28/2013

Dawson's 36 Load Weekend.

Because I felt there was so much more to his story that needed to be told.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4609/28/2013

The Way We Were, Sophie's Choice, Dumbo, It's A Wonderful Life,

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4709/28/2013

West Side Story

The Color Purple

Schindler's List

Field of Dreams

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4809/28/2013

Brokeback Mountain did not make me cry once. I found both "cowboys" insipid. They were out in the middle of cowshit country during the DISCO era, for chrissakes. After two hours, I was more than glad to "quit them."

Now, the end of Imitation of Life with Susan Koehner chasing after her mama's funeral cortege? Sobs.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 4909/28/2013

Oh, hell Schindler's List destroyed me. So did the ending of Brokeback. But I've been crying at movies for a really long time. It started with Dumbo. Damn.

When they took that poor little elephant away from his mother, and locked her ass up, and she had to cuddle him thru the bars of her "cell" that really me. Agree about One True Thing & Stepmom too.

Terms of Endearment. When Shirley Maclaine is screaming for the meds, and then when Debra Winger is talking to her kids, and then that scene with Shirley and Jeff Daniels in the hospital room, when Shirley says, "There's nothing harder!" I'm sobbing.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5009/28/2013

R49 Finally, someone besides me gets BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.

I was, like, "Get in the fucking car and drive. Go to New York. Los Angeles. Become actors. You're both gorgeous" all through the movie.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THAT SHITHOLE WITH ALL THOSE SHEEP.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5109/28/2013

Terms of Endearment

Schindler's List

Old Yeller (first movie I saw; wouldn't set foot in a theatre for months afterwards)

I'm more inclined to cry during TV shows, since I've spent so much more than two hours with the characters. Michael Hudson's funeral made me cry. Lots of episodes of Parenthood made me cry. Melissa and Michael watching Hope do the shabbos candle thing on thirtysomething made me cry. Lots of TV.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5209/28/2013

I agree with the poster than wrote any movie where the animal dies or separated from it's kind caretaker. Also: "Requiem for a Heavyweight" "Old Partner" Saw this movie at an independent movie fest in Philly. probably the saddest movie I have ever seen. It is a poetic documentary: It is about an ox and his caretaker (who wasn't really that nice but he had lived a difficult life as a farmer) Actually he did take care of his ox-he was particular about what he ate etc. It is a Korean film and I highly recommend it. It was probably the most successful Korean film. Link below

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5309/28/2013

The episode of "Homicide" in which Pembleton gets in his dress blues to salute Crosetti at his jazz funeral. Does anyone know if this is what's called "second line"?

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5409/28/2013

The last act of "In Excelsis Deo," on THE WEST WING. Just looking at it now, I'm in tears.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5509/28/2013

PERMANENT RECORD, the last good movie Keanu made.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5609/28/2013

I second A League Of Their Own. Toward the end of the movie when they're at The Baseball Hall of Fame.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5709/28/2013

R41 - Yes, "Wit" made me cry, too. That part at the end where the professor's mentor sits down and reads a children's book to her ... I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5809/28/2013

"The Loneliest Runner," when those beautiful bedsheets were spoiled every night by that rotten child's overactive bladder. I completely understood his mother's need to correct him.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 5909/28/2013

Another vote for E.T.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6009/28/2013

schindler's list

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6109/28/2013

The end of "Chariots of Fire," where "Jerusalem" begins as Harold Abrahams arrives back in England, and then up comes the "Chariots" theme.

THE CLARION: "OUR BOYS ARE HOME! ABRAHAMS THE TOAST OF ENGLAND!"

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6209/28/2013

Abrahams WAS an Englishman.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6309/28/2013

Midnight Cowboy. Everytime Ratso dies on the bus (I 've seen it a million times) and Joe Buck is all alone riding the bus to Florida in his stupid Hawaiian shirt. Gets me every time.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6409/28/2013

Umberto D

an old man's lonely desperation, his little dog Flike

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6509/28/2013

The Color Purple--every time.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6609/28/2013

Yass, r58!! My mother did something similar when hers sister was dying of the same disease a decade earlier. My dear aunt-who had a boyfriend at the time who never got around to proposing the marriage she desperately wanted- came into the hospice the day before she died and my mother, without skipping a beat said to my aunt," your husband is here..." Well, even now, 22 years later I cry-I can't watch Wit more than once because if that!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6709/28/2013

This scene in Sophie's Choice:

Spoiler alert for those who have not seen it

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6809/28/2013

Bottle rockets

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 6909/28/2013

Another vote for BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY. When she reaches for the door handle, I sob. Also, RADIO FLYER.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7009/28/2013

Into The Wild (the last 10 minutes) and the ending of Central Station had me HEAVING for christ sake. Both of the those films touched me so.

The first time I ever really cried was when Didi died on One Life To Live and they played that Raise your hands to heaven and pray song.. I had started watching that show that summer when I had moved to New England (I was 12) and I got so into the show and I had never expected her to die. At that age I was shellshocked. And I was just a lonely gay kid who just moved to this small town. I was heartbroken.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7109/28/2013

Life is Beautiful

The film is about an Italian Jewish man who tries to protect his son's innocence during his internment at a Nazi concentration camp, by telling him that the Holocaust is an elaborate game and he must adhere very carefully to the rules to win.

I cried and cried. It's based on a true story. I remember walking through the plot later with my sisters and totally falling apart - they were moved just in the telling. You should see it.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7209/28/2013

Debbie does Dallas

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7309/28/2013

Dallas does Hawaii

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7409/28/2013

The Color Purple

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Latter Days

Longtime Companion

Brokeback Mountain

Billy Elliot

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7509/28/2013

"Dark Victory" starring Bette Davis. I have seen that movie at least 100 times and it never fails to reduce me to sobs.

While gardening on a bright day Bette realizes that it is becoming darker. That's when my sniffles start. By the end of the movie I'm bawling.

It never fails.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7609/28/2013

Bicentennial Man

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7709/28/2013

Awakenings

Robin Williams and Julie Kavner knocked their roles out of the park. It's unfortunate that Williams continues to make crap where he plays it to the rafters. He does much better when he underplays a role (i.e., Dead Poet's Society, The World According to Garp).

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7809/28/2013

The Japanese movie DEPARTURES (won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film in 2009).

For some reason, the most recent showing of THE WIZARD OF OZ (IMAX 3D) had me wiping away tears.

And speaking of Judy, I always make it to the end of A STAR IS BORN thinking it won't happen, but when she says 'Hello everybody, this is Mrs. Norman Maine' and the music swells up, I fall apart.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 7909/28/2013

"The Umbrellas of Cherboug!"

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8009/28/2013

Almost any movie, TV show or commercial about animals. When I was a kid my dad took me to see Born Free. I was crying so hard he had to take me from the theater. I know, "Mary."

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8109/28/2013

From Justin to Kelly.

Oh, the horror.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8209/28/2013

"Brokeback Mountain". I knew guys like Ennis and Jack. Grew up in cold country. But some people were more tolerant than the murderers of the old man young Ennis saw. I wasn't as tough as Ennis, but I was pretty good at fisticuffs and wrestling. And if I was knocked down, I came back at the bully. That's the way we were brought up back then. Nevertheless, I saw and cried during this movie many times.

I do know people cried during "Love Story", "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Romeo and Juliet" (1968). There were other movies that moved people, or course. I read that teenaged girls saw "Titanic" over and over.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8309/28/2013

On tv, one comes to mind: "Brian's Song".

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8409/28/2013

Similar to R84, "Bang The Drum Slowly" is a schmaltzy dad-cry monster, complete with bad accents. DeNiro and Moriarty:

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8509/28/2013

I left out two:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Running on Empty

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8609/28/2013

The Elephant Man

The Blue Veil

Steel Magnolias

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8709/28/2013

Steel Magnolias

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8809/28/2013

It's a Wonderful Life

Every time, every year like clockwork.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 8909/28/2013

[quote]The first time I ever really cried was when Didi died on One Life To Live and they played that Raise your hands to heaven and pray song..

Forgive me for laughing out loud at this.

Broadchurch! Broadchurch destroyed me.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9009/28/2013

The end of Marley and Me when you know ... the pooch croaks.

The only movie I've tolerated Jen Aniston in.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9109/28/2013

Three chick flicks that make me cry:

A League of Their Own. As someone up thread mentioned, by the time they reunite at the Hall of Fame, I'm wiping away tears.

Hope Floats. At the end, when Sandra Bullock's ex basically tells their daughter he doesn't want her living with him, tears again.

And Baby Boom. When Diane Keaton comes home and her baby calls her "Mama", I get all weepy.

I've seen all these movies more than once, and the same thing happens, so I know now to not watch them in the company of others.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9209/28/2013

Fried Green Tomatoes. I cried so much when Buddy died, and then they bring up those same emotions when Ruth dies.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9309/28/2013

My Girl- "He can't see without his glasses!" Carrie - When Carrie walks up to the stage in slow motion, looking so happy and beautiful for the first time. It gets worse on repeated viewings when you know what happens. Candyman - Helen saving the baby and the Cabrini Green people attending her funeral. Lady in White - The ending. Hocus Pocus - The ending once again. Ghost - I clearly have a thing about movies where ghosts cross over. The scene where Molly comes home and begins telling Sam about her day, pretending that he's there, really gets to me, too. Also, when Molly first releases Sam's spirit is real. Tears EVERYWHERE! ordinary People - When Beth can't hug Conrad. Terms of Endearment - When Garrett surprisingly shows up to see Aurora, proving that he really might just be a good guy after all. The Fox and the Hound - Why can't they continue to be friends? Toy Story 3 - That ending! I was a wreck in the theater. Marley and Me - C'mon! My Dog Skip - Duh! A League of Their own - The reunion. The Fly '86 - When Veronica has to kill Seth.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9409/28/2013

r94 is crying so hard he can't find the return key to make paragraph breaks!

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9509/28/2013

The most emotional movie I've seen in the past 10 years is definitely "Atonement". In the middle of the movie you feel such anger at the injustice and yet such hope for a reconciliation. The revelation at the end just leaves me completely devastated every time. Made especially moving thanks to the perfect performances by everyone in the cast, especially James McAvoy and Vanessa Redgrave, but also thanks to the beautiful score by Dario Marianelli, whose Oscar was well deserved.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9609/28/2013

Humoresque (1946)

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9709/28/2013

Old Yeller.

... and Brian's Song.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9809/28/2013

It's that scene in Terms of Endearment where Debra Winger is having a chat with her kids before she croaks in the hospital and the little boy lingered at the door. "I think that went well, don't you?" she said. And the little boy, holding back tears, nodded his head, and left.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 9909/28/2013

The final scene of [italic] The Yearling [/italic] is devastating and made it hard for me to get to sleep.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10009/28/2013

House of Sand and Fog.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10109/28/2013

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

I am not one to cry at the end of movies, even if they are sad. But something about this movie rips your heart out and tears it to pieces. It is possibly the most disturbing "great" movie that I've seen. It was just an overwhelming movie with all that it throws out at you. Laura Palmer did not lead a happy life. Extremely underrated with great performances. Sheryl Lee deserved an Oscar, but in typical Oscar fashion, she wasn't even nominated.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10209/28/2013

Imitation of Life.

Schindler's List.

Brief Encounter.

Now, Voyager.

Mildred Pierce.

The Champ.

Fuck it, I now need a box of tissues just thinking about some of these. Don't get me started on sad songs...

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10309/28/2013

[quote] I remember walking through the plot later with my sisters and totally falling apart - they were moved just in the telling. You should see it.

Actually, no.

We were just uncomfortable as fuck.

We won't be inviting you over for anything any time soon.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10409/28/2013

Ponette

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10509/28/2013

Porn, because I realize how old and fat I've become.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10609/28/2013

A.I.

The little robot waits 10,000 years to experience one more day with a mother, recreated from DNA, then dies. And the robot teddy bear sits down, apparently forever.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10709/28/2013

Au Revoir, Les Infants. It was based on Louis Malle's personal experiences...and it was heartbreaking.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10809/28/2013

Bent

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 10909/28/2013

Four Weddings and A Funeral (the funeral)

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11009/28/2013

The Road.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11109/28/2013

Yes, to the children at the bedside scene in Terms of Enderment.

Yes, to The Color Purple, but I cry when Shug marches from the juke joint to the church and her estranged father, the preacher accepts her back into his life.

When the husband cuts off Ada's fingers in The Piano.

Good Will Hunting. I was caught off guard when Robin Williams' character keeps repeating "It's not your fault." to Will.

I confess - I love melodrama:

Madame X. Imitation of Life. A Street Car Named Desire. So Proudly we Hail. It's a Wonderful Life. Cassablanca. To Each His Own. East of Eden.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11209/28/2013

I give you people who can watch movies about animals a lot of credit. I can't do it.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11309/29/2013

Brokeback always makes me cry.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11409/29/2013

My dog skip. fucking cried like a baby. The worst i ever wept from a movie.

War horse made me shed a tear or two as well.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11509/29/2013

At the end of Meet Joe Back when Anthony Hopkins' character is saying goodbye to his daughters, I started crying. I was with a friend so I really couldn't sob openly and she was looking at me funny.

My dad died while I was in school and my mom didn't take any of us kids to the the funeral or the church or cemetery or anywhere having to do with his death.

'Course, my oldest brother was 10 and the youngest kid was 3. I was 9.

Also the M*A*S*H episode where Henry Blake died.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11609/29/2013

"300"

Soldier: My King. It is an honor to die beside you.

Leonides: It is my honor to have lived with you.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11709/29/2013

My Girl (cried all weekend. Hey I was a 15 yr old girl) Titanic (yeah I know) Philadelphia ( sobbing, heaving, couldn't breathe tears). Mask (not the Jim Carey movie) American Beauty

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11809/29/2013

Improbably, but without fail, Always Remember I Love You, a made for TV movie starring Patty Duke & Stephen Dorff.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 11909/29/2013

Was Dorff old enough yet to grow his fabulous chest hair, R119?

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12009/29/2013

I don't recall any shirtless scenes, R120.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12109/29/2013

Everything is Illuminated

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12209/29/2013

118 here. Wanna add Imitation of Life and Requim for a Dream

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12309/29/2013

"My Dog Skip" with a very young Frankie Munez (I think). I cried like a baby with sobs and everything.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12409/29/2013

Imitation of Life Jeux interdits NO Amore (I Am Love) BBM (not proud of that one) Waterloo Bridge A Place in the Sun The Search Darling (French movie with Marina Fois, not the Julie Christie sixties vehicle) The Up series

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12509/29/2013

Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice made me cry tears of joy. Yeah, I'm such a girl.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12609/29/2013

Beasts of the Southern Wild

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12709/30/2013

Warrior

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12806/19/2014

LES MIS the movie

Not b/c it is emotional

B/C it sucks and is an insult to the stage play

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 12906/19/2014

Milk

Balling my eyes out after Harvey was shot and the candlelight crowd scene on Market St.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13006/19/2014

Dark victory, an affair to remember

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13106/19/2014

The Iron Lady.

I cried out of boredom.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13206/19/2014

A movie never made me cry until Schindler's List. After that, I will get fucking tears in my eyes during even SVU, House, or even TNG.. that movie opened a floodgate. The news, nothing. I have more empathy for fictional characters and movie adaptations of real life, than current life...

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13306/29/2014

There are some movies so painful I could never watch them again. House of Sand & Fog was one. Ben Kingsley, Jennifer Connelly and the actors who played Sir Ben's wife and his son. Everyone was absolutely authentic in the movie. The acting was superb. But it rips out your heart. Same with Schindler's List.

Recently, I started bawling during 12 Years a Slave, when Patsy was telling Master that she need soap because she smelled so terrible she couldn't stand it. And the part where the in the first part of the movie when the kids are torn away from their mother.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13406/29/2014

Toy Story 3

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13506/29/2014

Mr and Mrs Smith. Every single time

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13606/29/2014

Joyeux Noel. It's from 2005. Loosely based on the Christmas truce of December 1914, during WWI. It is told through the eyes of French, Scottish, and German soldiers. If you don't at least tear up a bit, then you have no soul.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13706/29/2014

My Girl. Was 15 when I saw it and sobbed for a whole weekend. (I'm a female). My mom was ready to strangle me.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13806/29/2014

The Ghost and Mrs Muir

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 13906/29/2014

grave of fireflies

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14006/29/2014

The final scene in "Resurrection", when Ellen Burstyn cures the dying young boy of cancer by embracing him.

The final scene in "Field of Dreams", when the ghost of Kevin Costner's father appears on the ball field and they play catch.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14106/29/2014

The ending of Pan's Labyrinth hits me like a ton of bricks.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14206/29/2014

Dune.

Because it was the WORST movie I think I have ever seen.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14306/29/2014

"Joy Luck Club," which is on "Flix" right now.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14406/29/2014

The Best Years of Our Lives. Practically every scene with Cathy O'Donnel.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14506/29/2014

Most recently, I burst into sobs in the theaters during "How to Train Your Dragon 2." My boyfriend didn't make fun of me, though. He thought it was sweet.

by yeah, I know MARY!reply 14606/29/2014
Need more help? Click Here.