Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Michael J. Fox Show

It's surprisingly funny.

The actor playing his son is really cute and has a nice legs-and-feets shot in the pilot.

But Katie Finneran is gruesome. In fact, the producers must be gay, because all the women on the show are FUG.

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 109/28/2013

I've only seen the pilot. For a pilot, it was ok. At least it's not another godawful multcamera/laugh track sitcom. I think it has some potential, will give it a couple more episodes. I'm a Betsy Brandt fan & don't think she's fug at all. However, the desperate single aunt character is annoying and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 209/28/2013

I watched both the pilot and the next episode. I really enjoyed the first, the second not as much, but it was still pretty good. I think the Michael J Fox Show has promise and will probably keep watching it unless it really starts to go downhill.

by Anonymousreply 309/28/2013

Tuned out half way through. An ordinary sitcom with nothing special about it except that the main character has Parkinson's. There is a reason for the low ratings. Fox deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

BTW, I just got R1's post. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

Is it as good as "Curb"?

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Terrible. I'm not sure what show you guys were watching.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

Eww Betsy Brandt, another reason not to watch. I love Breaking Bad, but it's despite disliking most of the actors, except Bryan Cranston and Bob Odenkirk.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Some cute moments in the pilot, but overall not very funny.

Have the second episode on DVR, but haven't watched it yet. Unless the second episode is significantly better, likely won't record it again.

Michael J Fox definitely deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

Not funny at all. Sorry Michael.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2013

Assuming it was supposed to be funny, it wasn't. It will get a pity season before being cancelled though.

If anything, it should have been like the episode where he lived above Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm. THAT was funny. I waited for then to recycle the 'shook-up can of coke' premise, lol

Betsy looked way too harsh under that lighting unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

Not funny. Slightly offensive in a non charming way

I'm sick of this shit. Stop explaining things to the camera. Who the hell you talking to????

Write interesting dialogue instead

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

The whole Matt Lauer/Today bit from the pilot was pointless and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

NBC ordered a full season up front, so it's stuck with the show no matter what.

Ratings were very mediocre - I was expecting a big premiere due to MJF's name, at the very least. It will have to maintain at least its premiere ratings to not look like a loser.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

I always liked MJF so I'll probably stay with the show for a couple of episodes, but so far it wasn't good.

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2013

We watched because MJF can be very good (The Good Wife guest spots). But, couldn't even make it through the half-way mark. It was just bland and nowhere close to humorous.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2013

[quote] I doubt most people under 30 or even 35 know who he is. I'm 35 and even someone my age was a very young child when MJF was a big deal with Family Ties and his movies.

They don't show the Back to Future Movies on TV where you live?

I'm a decade younger than you and I grew up with him. I even remember Family Ties from re-runs.

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2013

I feel bad for MJF. This show is terrible. Michael had some good moments but his TV family is just awful. Especially the girl that plays the teen daughter. They focused way too much on her and she is just miserable. The only reason I watched was for Michael J. Fox. I was happy to see him get in front of the camera again. But this show needs major surgery to make it worth watching. NBC just continues to make mistake after mistake!

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

[quote]MJF has been out of the public eye for quite a while, it's not like he's a current celebrity. I doubt most people under 30 or even 35 know who he is. I'm 35 and even someone my age was a very young child when MJF was a big deal with Family Ties and his movies

The Good Wife Curb Your Enthusiasm Scrubs Rescue Me Boston Legal

That counts as out of the public eye?

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

I've been watching some of Family Ties on Netflix, and it hasn't held up very well (especially the last couple of seasons with Courtney Cox, which were unwatchable).

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

I thought Fox was good.

The plot and other characters sucked.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

The teen daughter's teacher is HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

I had moderate expectations for the Michael J. Fox show and was extremely disappointed. Very doubtful I'll watch it again.

Meanwhile, I had low low expectations for the Robin Williams show The Crazy One, which aired oppoisite MJF show, and was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely tune in for the second episode.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

I'm done after 4 episodes. It just isn't funny. Can't believe NBC gave this show a full season order - sight unseen.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2013

Charity is a bad premise for putting someone on a show.

I tried watching it but it felt like watching TV during a 6.0 earthquake. All that jerking and shaking. Too distracting and unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2013

I must be in the minority but I've found it to a cute show, easy way to kill 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2013

Not funny at all. Very tired jokes.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2013

The pilot had tapping plot holes.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2013

There was tap dancing?

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

Maybe it's the drugs he takes, but on the show, it looks like Parkinson's doesn't do anything except make him restless. Fox was always a fidgety actor anyway, so I don't really find it that hard to watch him now. You notice it more in his voice and his facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

[quote] I doubt most people under 30 or even 35 know who he is.

He was really funny On Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry was trying to make a point about something and said to MJF, "How would you like it if I was in the audience watching one of your movies.." and MJF cut him right off.

"You're in a theater to see one of my movies? Do you have a time machine Larry? I haven't made a movie in 20 years,"

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2013

Would rather watch a Season 9 of "Curb."

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

it is about as funny as belly lint.

by Anonymousreply 3411/08/2013

Love MJF, don't like the show and other characters. I'm not watching anymore. I am watching the Robin Williams show, The Funny Ones, still and record every episode of that.

by Anonymousreply 3511/08/2013

I've been watching The Goldbergs/Trophy Wife on Tuesdays. Couldn't make it through The MJF Show.

by Anonymousreply 3611/09/2013

I have great affection for MJF. I could not make it past 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2013

Yeah, despite good intentions the show just doesn't work. No spark to it

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2013

I've tried to hang in there but it just doesn't work on any level. I can't believe NBC hasn't halted production to rework it a bit since they seem to really want it to work out for Fox.

by Anonymousreply 3911/09/2013

I love MJF and I really wanted to like this show but it's so bad. Shame. Even Sean Saves The World is better than this.

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2013

I agree, R40. Sean's show is bad, too, but it's way better than MJF's show, which is just awful. And that's a shame because I really do like MJF a lot and want to see him in a good show worthy of his talents.

Btw, is it wrong that I also still find him extremely fuckable? Always thought he was hot and, Parkinson's or not, would still love to plow him senseless.

by Anonymousreply 4111/09/2013

The show's about to bite the dust.

by Anonymousreply 4211/09/2013

Frankly, I'm shocked that no one is talking about how uncomfortable it is to watch the poor guy with all his tics and tremors. I seem to recall that Dick Clark was crucified here for daring to appear on the telly on New Year's Eve in his compromised state like it was a personal affront to the audience. Why not the same for Michael?

by Anonymousreply 4311/09/2013

The wife and kids ruined the show, actually MJF is pretty likeable in it.

by Anonymousreply 4411/09/2013

I know NBC (foolishly) committed to a whole season of this upfront but I think they should still remove it from the schedule just long enough to retool it, then put it back on. Surely MJF can't think it's working either the way it is, though you never know.

by Anonymousreply 4511/09/2013

Betsy Brandt got kind of cocky about Breaking Bad when in reality she had little to do with its success, so it is probably a bit of a shock to her that she isn't wowing the audience.

by Anonymousreply 4611/09/2013

Corey Feldman sort of outs Fox as a cokehead in his book.

by Anonymousreply 4711/09/2013

Betsy is cute, but she and MJF don't really connect.

by Anonymousreply 4811/09/2013

I always wondered if the rumors about Michael J. Fox and Bruce Willis were true....

by Anonymousreply 4911/09/2013

The Crazy Ones, not The Funny Ones -- but yeah, it's funnier than the Michael J Fox Show.

R35

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2013

OP, you've got to be kidding! The Michael J Fox Show is DREADFUL. The Crazy Ones has a deficit in the annoying Williams, but it's so much better written, and thus funnier, than "TMJFS"

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2013

The show isn't funny. That's what killed it.

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2013

the show is on right now. anybody watching?

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.