Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill O'Reilly: God Told Me To Write About Jesus

Bill O'Reilly says God told him to write his new book, "Killing Jesus: A History."

The Fox News anchor explains in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" that one night he awoke with the title of the book in his head. He says he believes he got that message from the Holy Spirit.

by Anonymousreply 5210/02/2013

The only spirit O'Reilly feels is Mammon.

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2013

Oh lord, 60 Minutes did a piece on this falafel- obssessed douchebag

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2013

A prayer to Jesus:

Please take Bill O'Reilly home to heaven. Or hell. Or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2013

Didn't he "write" a book called Killing Kennedy? Doesn't seem like much of a leap

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2013

Jesus told Me to write fan fiction about One Direction.

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2013

Did God also tell him to be a hateful asshole on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Really '60 Minutes?"

With all the news I the world, you gave O'Reilly a platform to spew his bullshit?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

His book on killing Lincoln was extremely well done and very, very well researched. I truly suggest reading it.However, he is full of bull in his recent book, killing Jesus. He states that Jesus died on the cross because of taxes!! My father is a bible theologian and my dad said that is complete nonsense, and he never heard nor read that out of all of the years that he has been a bible theologian. My father knows the bible extremely well to the very point of the minute details of the bible and the Book of Revelation.On the contrary, Jesus said, render under Caesar, meaning, be a law abiding citizen, which includes paying taxes.O'Reilly says his book is only from a historical perspective and not from a spiritual perspective, yet historically, there were people who claimed Jesus was God and the son of God. Josephus and many other historians in the day of Jesus, were not believers in Jesus nor of any religion and they were extremely scholarly in their observations and non-biased in their historic perspectives which they stated as a historical fact, that there were people who followed Jesus and proclaimed him to be God. However, O'Reilly ignores this fact in Jesus's life.

Also, O'Reilly said the Jews and Romans killed Jesus. He is wrong again because the Romans had total control over Israel at that time and they made the choice to kill Jesus. Also, there were a small group of Jews who wanted him to die ,but not ALL Jews wanted Jesus dead,which is antisemitic! Many Jews in the day of the life of Jesus, they looked to him for help because they suffered prosecution by the Romans.O'Reilly has an obnoxious ego, and he is completely arrogant.People have pointed out to him that many things were incorrect ,but he doesn't like to be told he is incorrect because he thinks he knows everything.

I think he is saying God told him to write the book in order to sell is book to those who are religious and who don't, but should, read their bibles instead to get a clearer perspective. yes O'Reilly dose give a tremendous amount of money to wounded warriors ,but in general, he is still trying to make money off the sales of his book.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

Actually, the Killing Lincoln book was so filled with inaccuracies that the Ford Theater museum bookshop would not carry it.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

Of course the focus is on killing and blaming...typical.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2013

Actually, Bill, what you felt was the Holy Spirit shitting on your head.

by Anonymousreply 1209/28/2013

He needs better drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1309/28/2013

I thought 60 Minutes did the responsible thing by pairing this story with a report on schizophrenia in America.

by Anonymousreply 1409/30/2013

[quote] The only spirit O'Reilly feels is Mammon.

And us!

by Anonymousreply 1509/30/2013

That's funny! God told us to kill Jesus

by Anonymousreply 1609/30/2013

St. John the Divine: Jesus Told Me to Write About God

by Anonymousreply 1709/30/2013

[quote] falafel- obssessed douchebag

Is there a story behind this? Or do you mean loofah-obsessed?

by Anonymousreply 1809/30/2013

Here's a excerpt from a second century historian, Celsus:

...[Celsus] accuses [Jesus] of having "invented his birth from a virgin," and upbraids Him with being "born in a certain Jewish village, of a poor woman of the country, who gained her subsistence by spinning, and who was turned out of doors by her husband, a carpenter by trade, because she was convicted of adultery; that after being driven away by her husband, and wandering about for a time, she disgracefully gave birth to Jesus, an illegitimate child, who having hired himself out as a servant in Egypt on account of his poverty, and having there acquired some miraculous powers, on which the Egyptians greatly pride themselves, returned to his own country, highly elated on account of them, and by means of these proclaimed himself a God."...

Link below has other excerpts.

by Anonymousreply 1909/30/2013

It doesn't matter if the Romans or Jews killed Jesus. If he didn't die, there's no Christianity. God had the opportunity to "have this cup pass from me" and declined.

Sorry, I was trying to inject some logic here. Doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 2009/30/2013

Bill O'Reilly would he say, "Yes" in the "Do you believe in an After-life?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 2109/30/2013

He doesn't "write" these books. He spends a few hours on the phone with somebody else who actually writes the book.

by Anonymousreply 2209/30/2013

That's what I got out of the Sixty Minutes special, reading between the lines.

by Anonymousreply 2309/30/2013

[quote]He spends a few hours on the phone with somebody else who actually writes the book.

No, he uses the phone for phone sex.

by Anonymousreply 2409/30/2013

"ignores this fact in Jesus's life"

The only "fact" in Jesus's life is that there is no shred of evidence that he even existed. NOT ONE. Christianity is mythology, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 2509/30/2013

This is a really interesting thread. I want to read that 2nd century book excerpt as well. I love it when we can't have some interesting dialogues and intellectual conversations on this site.

To get back to BOR, he switches a lot imho, from right to center to left, then back to "baby killing", which is really reprehensible.

IMHO, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he is directly responsible for the death of Dr. George Tiller. No one should be able to campaign against an average citizen like he did, and he did it for literally years.

He is a piece of filth. Even other anti-choice people like to distance themselves from this total nutjob. He's blustery, quick to temper and is very similar to Rosie O'Donnell & Alec Baldwin. I believe it's not a coincidence that all 3 are known as alcoholics and are abusive in their personal lives.

The guy that worked for him tipped off Gawker and either was writing a tell-all book about Fox and him or has published it. Has anyone read it yet?

by Anonymousreply 2609/30/2013

You did not just use Bill O'Reilly as an acronym!

by Anonymousreply 2709/30/2013

Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy, Killing....oh God, help me out here, please.

by Anonymousreply 2809/30/2013

Why not r27 we have done it for years here at DL

by Anonymousreply 2909/30/2013

Stop. Please don't pop-culturalize this man.

by Anonymousreply 3009/30/2013

I have been here since year 98, and I have ever seen "BOR".

I have never seen "BOR". But, if you insist, by all means.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

[quote]at the beginning there were some people who ran the museum who would not carry the book because they didn't like O'Reilly

This is a lie. You are making baby Jesus cry with your lies.

They didnt want to carry the book because its full of errors and mistakes and out right falsehoods.

How are we not surprised one liar is defending another liar?

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

This is probably the same demon who plagued Oral Roberts and Billy Graham.

While every other demon claims to be Satan, we have a few claiming to be God. Funny how the God ones always want money.

by Anonymousreply 3309/30/2013

and God told me that Bill O'Reilly is a sanctimonious, self-entitled, hateful, antiChristal twit. I guess we are even.

by Anonymousreply 3409/30/2013

O'Reilly is a symbol of why I despise most middle Americans. There is no good reason for this piece of shit's book to sell SO well but he has many, many followers.

by Anonymousreply 3509/30/2013

At this rate, look for Killing Susan Cabot round about 2018.

by Anonymousreply 3609/30/2013

Jesus was never born in a manger,and he wasn't born in the month of December either. He was born in September and Jesus was born on the Jewish festival of Sukkot. Sukkot is the remembrance when the Jews traveled through the desert and the tradition is to build a hut with palm leaves in remembrance. Jesus was born in one of these huts ,which his parents, John and Mary put together. Jesus celebrated the Jewish holidays including Hanukkah, and he never celebrated Christmas nor birthdays. The Catholic Church did a number by messing things up, and making Jesus doing away with the Jewish holidays and festivals which is far form the truth. I think the Catholic Church conjured that up because they were highly anti-Semitic. On the contrary, Jesus said, I came to fulfill the laws.

by Anonymousreply 3709/30/2013

Jesus said, "Don't worry. I'm used to being lied about so Billy is perfect write about me because the truth has never mattered to him."

by Anonymousreply 3809/30/2013

Will it be serialized in the Paris Business Review?

by Anonymousreply 3909/30/2013

God told me that he told O'Reilly to write a book about Jesus because he knows it will go direct to the clearance bin.

God has a funny kind of sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 4009/30/2013

No one killed Jesus. He Himself said, "no one takes my life. I give it." So the blame game can stop.

by Anonymousreply 4109/30/2013

Like Oral Roberts, O'Reilly will beg the public to buy his book and raise millions of dollars, or else God will kill him. If O'Reilly fails, his final and posthumous volume be published:"Kill Bill."

by Anonymousreply 4209/30/2013

R41, that is a very good you pointed that out because he is God and no one ultimately can decide the destiny of God but God himself.

by Anonymousreply 4309/30/2013

R41 - What are you talking about.

Didn't you watch season 5 of Buffy? She beat the God and Giles killed it.

It might seem silly to you but I find most TV shows to be as credible as what you read in the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 4410/01/2013

Luke 20:46-47

“Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and love greetings in the marketplaces and the best seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at feasts, who devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayers. They will receive the greater condemnation.”

by Anonymousreply 4510/01/2013

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

by Anonymousreply 4610/01/2013

Has anyone ever seen Bill at the Townhouse on East 58th Street or the East Side Club on East 55th Street? You know, stopping in for a night cap or a sauna after a taping.

by Anonymousreply 4710/01/2013

Please stop posting scripture on the Datalounge. It burns the servers and it sets off the smoke alarms.

by Anonymousreply 4810/01/2013

r45, r46, has anyone ever heard of a Jewish person threatening to kill someone because that person refused to convert to Judaism?

End of thread!

by Anonymousreply 4910/01/2013

he's turned into Howard Beal

by Anonymousreply 5010/01/2013

agh shut up with yer God or we'll kill ya baby or no baby

by Anonymousreply 5110/02/2013

I love the insane people who claim there is no evidence that Jesus existed.

I also love the equally insane people who declare Jesus was born in a particular month to a couple named John and Mary.

by Anonymousreply 5210/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!