Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Common Sense

Ban oil imports

Repeal the second amendment

Limit CEO pay and put an elected worker on every board with veto power on executive compensation

Institute capital controls and forbid companies to hoard cash overseas to evade US tax

100% tariffs on Chinese goods to compensate for their manipulated currency

All commercial banks by law must reduce real estate exposure to 25% of assets

Nobody can hold or trade futures without a license

Hedge funds simply eliminated

Capital controls. Nobody can transfer more than $1 million out of the country without government knowledge and okay

Ban on food imports

$5 trillion infrastructure package

Ban domestic use of unmanned aircraft

Withdraw all U.S. troops from overseas except Korea and Britain.

Raise taxes on the rich to 60% on the highest bracket and seize all fortunes greater than $1 billion.

Make it a law that all public corporations pay dividend within ten years or lose their limited liability.

by Anonymousreply 4910/07/2013

I suspect most of these measures would be absolutely catastrophic to the global economy.

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2013

food imports?

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2013

Why keep troops in Britain, OP?

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2013

[quote]Ban all shareholdings by corporations and all shareholdings in the names of others. All common voting shares must be in the name of the end beneficiary at all times.

What about people who own shares through mutual funds?

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

Actual real penalties for corporate crimes would be good - no-one is ever held accountable whether it's fraud or manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013

R12, R13, R14---

Thank you- you show how incompetent anyone defending the government really is!

by Anonymousreply 1609/27/2013

So, R17-

If you get hurt, you expect the Dr to treat you out of the goodness of his/her heart? Despite the 20 years of school, they don't deserve to get paid for their studies and hard work?

by Anonymousreply 1909/27/2013

Don't need to repeal the second amendment - just stop prople mis-quoting or amending it to suit themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

R22: and the constitutional amendment is going to come from who? People in Congress who got elected with corporate and PAC money?

No. The first step and the only one that the electorate has the power to do is to elect people who run with no corporate and PAC money.

Where are they?

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

[all posts by flame bait troll (hates:men,women,muslims,gays,lesbians,jews and Obama, loves posting about stabbing women, bashing gays, killing jews etc.) #10 removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

[quote] Require hetero couples to pass exam on life skills, parenting skills, and home financial skills before obtaining a license to have a child.

I agree with some of your other posts, but not this one. My parents would never have passed and a lot of my most interesting and successful friends wouldn't be here, so no.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013

Thank you for exposing how banal and fucked up giving the government control of wages really is!

[quote]Make all per hour income equal. Period. Let's say we all make $1 per hour, plus costs. Everyone is taxed at $10/week. You can either pay in money or in work for the government (gov't chooses job, you might be doing dirty work even if you were previously not of the dirty hands set)

So, someone who spends 10 years crafting a boat should be paid the same as someone who spends 10 seconds wrapping a Big Mac?

Did you eat lead paint chips as a child?

by Anonymousreply 3109/28/2013

The US is primarily a corporatist economy now, and only secondarily capitalist. The essence of capitalism is that each person is able to own the means of their own production (i.e. own your own farmland, start your own business), which is generally not the case in the US.

by Anonymousreply 3209/28/2013

This thread is full of people looking back on their life and realizing they didn't do jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 3509/28/2013

Compulsory abortions of women who can't support their children. Yes, I am a fascist, without the master race and anti semitism stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3909/28/2013

Real campaign finance reform

Strict regulations for lobbyists

by Anonymousreply 4109/28/2013

R42, and yet you go all sorts of nelly when they question your right to exist. Fucking hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 4209/28/2013

[quote]seize all fortunes greater than $1 billion.

Would having $900 million in the bank be OK?

by Anonymousreply 4309/28/2013

OP = Chairman Mao

Listen, I'm a Marxist, but these ideas fly in the face of logic. You want to plunge the US into complete chaos? Be my guest.

by Anonymousreply 4409/28/2013

I would confiscate the Walton family fortune,let them keep a pro-rate share of $100,000,000. Take the billions and use it to get our factories restarted, making all the stuff that gets sold in Walmart, Target etc. I would require them to raise prices by 10% to 15% and use the extra cash to pay their employees a living wage. I would also have a cut off date after which there will be no new public benefits granted, unless someone is in need due to death,illness, job loss or abandonment. If ya can't feed em don;t breed emand I would make it a crime tohave a child that you are unable to support (as opposed to losiing the ability to support, but you had the child in good faith). I would abolish all prison scentences over two years, maybe, in extreme cases five years. After that, if someone commits a crime that is so heinous, and that includes non-violent crimes, that justifies a longer scentence---execute them.

by Anonymousreply 4710/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!