Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Project Runway Season 12 - PART II

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 54911/02/2013

Also from the end of the previous thread:

Alexandria's "modeling" shots. Looks like an ad for Barbizon School of Modeling!

She's much prettier now, IMO - although I still don't like her designs.

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2013

Was Ken not released from anger management in time to produce a decoy collection?

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2013

Thank you for starting this thread-continuation, Tim.

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2013

I don't see any stickers in my Siriano book...so I need to get my dollar back.

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2013

[quote]It was amazing to me when Tim sent Ken to get his tools from the work room that Tim didn't even reached out to hug him.

I know the whole show is fake and edited to create drama but it looked like it was Ken giving Tim the snub as he sashayed past him.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2013

Hasn't Ken gotten enough attention by now? If I ever hear, even a single word, about him, it will be too soon and too many.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

Alexandria's designs are fugly and she has the personality of a log, but she had a point about Helen. I'm sick of that whiny, self-absorbed brat. She acts much younger than her age & I don't understand why the judges fawn over boring shit like that star-bellied mess she sent down the runway last night.

Was Alexandria the one that made the tampon crack about Kate's dress? Can't believe she made me laugh. It sounded like something MKors would say.

I would love to be the filling in a Braden/L'Oreal guy sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013

I thought every dress created last night sucked. They all had a great opportunity to design a fabric and they all did a shit job, then made ugly, ugly outfits out of them. I don't know what the judges see that we don't but there must be something.

by Anonymousreply 1009/27/2013

Ken will be back - when you least expect it, there he'll be.

The producers simply won't let him vanish.

by Anonymousreply 1109/27/2013

No, the producers will make sure he vanishes, unless they do the Project Runway Assholes competition.

by Anonymousreply 1209/27/2013

Hey! I was supposed to start this thread. Anyway, it's part III. Not II.

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2013

Did you miss me?

by Anonymousreply 1409/27/2013

Surely they're not going to bring Ken back to help the final 3 during Fashion Week. Can you imagine making it all the way to the finale and getting stuck with him as your helper?

I hope they do a reunion again this year.

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2013

Justin enabled Ken and his bitchiness throughout the season. I think he's earned having Ken as a "helper" for Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 1609/27/2013

I feel bad for Justin - he's the plus size on America's Top Model.

I wonder if he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 1709/27/2013

Ken would suck up all your time on drama, then walk out on you.

by Anonymousreply 1809/27/2013

No one is surprised Princess Kate got auf'd? That concoction of hers was pretty bad though. They were all pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

I'm glad Kate went home. She never should have been there in the first place. She HAD her chance.

I think it's funny that she said she "knew" she was gone the minute Heidi said that "one or more" designers would go home because that was the means they would use to eliminate her.

What exactly did she mean by that? It was cryptic. Was she implying that the show had it in for her, and she knew they would send her home? It seemed that way to me, as if she felt there was some sort of "formula" to the show. The whole auf'ing of Kate scene was very weird.

That said, she 100% deserved to go home. That dress was HIDEOUS, and though she made many beautiful garments prior to this challenge, the fact is that ALL of the remaining designers are equally talented, and as Tim said, "anyone can go home." Kate just convinced herself that she was better than the others - which she wasn't.

The brown crap cake cross print dress was equally hideous. The minute I saw both dresses, I thought they should go home.

So in answer to your question, R19, no - I wasn't surprised that Kate was cut. She deserved it.

On the high end, though, Braden's dress was probably the BEST thing I've ever seen come down the runway. Yes it was plain and black, but it was AMAZING. Women would kill to have that dress... I guarantee it. He should have won. I guess the judges couldn't discount the ugly jacket, though. Cool print, but not right for that fabulous dress.

Dom's girl looked very chic, so I'm glad she won.

Helen was her usual needy, basket case self, which means that she's a lock for the final 3. I'm just hoping that Braden and Dom join her.

Still... BRADEN FOR THE WIN!

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

One of the few who thought that Dom's look was awful. That silhouette was not flattering and that print was a garish mish-mash.

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

Are there any photos of Braden without that aging beard? Or does he not have a chin?

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

We've seen photos earlier in the season of young beardless Braden with his partner, back when he was a dancer. He looked fine. His beard also looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

"Can you guess the designers from this season?"

Well, clearly none of them are Ken.

A couple are so gay I'm not sure if they're boys or girls.

They all seem to be redheads.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

R17, you killed!

Braden for the win!

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

I am rooting for Braden to win as well but I was not thrilled with his runway at FW. Hoping it looks better when it is in motion.

Alexandria. I don't like her deconstructivist style but it's youthful and edgy and the judges appreciate that. They voted off British guy for being the opposite, even though his stuff was perfectly made and wearable.

IIRC she was in the top three once (for the yoplait/boardwalk challenge when she made the furry blue dress). Has she ever been in the bottom three? I would like to hear the judges criticize her style.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

Kate and Jeremy will be brought back as "helpers" during Fashion Week. It'll be nice to see them both again.

I wish they were sending the final 4 to different European cities like they did last season. That was so cool.

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

[quote]I feel bad for Justin - he's the plus size on America's Top Model.

???

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

Regarding the question of whose dress was worse, Kate's or Alexandra's...

Alexandra's little ragbag was pathetic, but it was trying to be edgy and cool. Kate's pastel pleated mess was the sort of thing they make child stars wear when they're in their teens and are trying to hang onto their kiddie fans. I guess ugly and cool beats ugly and twee.

Alexander's brown thing was just plain ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013

Kate hasn't impressed me since the first three episodes.

I think she normally constructs her garments very well even if she tends too make them too complicated.

My only other criticism is to agree with the poster on the last thread who thought she was imitating Vivienne Westwood.

I loved Dom's dress. Braden's was equally good.

Justin should have gone home before Alexander.

Looking forward to the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 3009/28/2013

I find it interesting how the models never seem to have strong opinions about the clothes, either during the fittings or during the runway show.

I guess they are told by the producers to shut up but, more than that, they all seem so enthusiastic and supportive and downright giddy about their designers....it's a refreshing difference from the general negative attitudes everywhere else on PR.

by Anonymousreply 3109/28/2013

They're models, they don't get to have opinions.

by Anonymousreply 3209/28/2013

I love how, during the closer look segments, Nina cannot be bothered to get up out of her chair. Heidi and Sad Zac will stand and approach the models to critique the work up close and touch the dresses with their hands while Nina just stays put and offers opinions from afar, only copping a feel if the models move closer to her (in fairness, she did get up once very early in the season).

Ah, gotta love Nina.

by Anonymousreply 3309/28/2013

Look, Mary, if the goddamn dress is 3 feet away from me, I don't have get up to see it.

I'm not blind.

by Anonymousreply 3409/28/2013

When you mentioned Nina, R33, did you mean Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine?

by Anonymousreply 3509/28/2013

Is Zach returning for the next season of PR or is Kors back? Even if Kors doesn't return I wonder if they will ask Zach back?

by Anonymousreply 3609/28/2013

LOL, yes, that one, R35.

by Anonymousreply 3709/28/2013

SO glad Jeremy is coming back. I've been going through withdrawal. I needs me my wanking fodder.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2013

Well....when will Tim and the Judges figure out that Helen's winning designs are really not her designs at all - they are an amalgamation of all the other designer's opinions and actually helping her? I mean, for God's sake, even she admitted in one of the earliest challenges that her area of expertise and what she wanted to specialize in was formal attire, but, she had never even made, nor knew how, to make bra cups before??? How the hell was she able to qualify to be a contestant, then? Plus, if she does actually make it as a designer (which, I personally have liked very few of her designs this season), how is she ever supposed to be successful if she's going to have her "nervous breakdown", every time she gets ready to make a new design - especially for a specific client? I think she should have been let go 3 or 4 challenges ago.

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2013

I agree, R39

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2013

When you start a thread continuation, please put a link at the end of the old thread.

Why do they persist in crying about not making it to fashion week when they all get to show at fashion week? I understand it's just camouflage to prevent the final three from leaking during the season, but the audience at fashion week doesn't know who is in and who is out. Why can't they just cry about not making it to the finals?

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2013

[quote]please put a link at the end of the old thread.

It was too late. I was going to, but some smart ass thought it would be funny to pretend to be Ken for the 600th post, so mine didn't go through.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2013

[quote]Why do they persist in crying about not making it to fashion week

I know. All I can think is that when they are filming--is it the month of June or July?--the designers are not certain when the program will start to air, which in turn affects how many contestants are still "on" the program during Fashion Week.

A better question is, why do they insist on filming at Parsons if they are forced to work around the student term? It can't be that difficult to rent sewing machines. Film the whole thing in a sound stage which will at least be air conditioned properly.

Also, does anyone know if the auf'd designers are still kept together on another floor of the hotel so that they don't go home and leak the details? I imagine the more recent losers are busy working on their FW collections, even if it is just sketching ideas.

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2013

R39, I can only imagine what a complete nightmare Helen was to be around while prepping for Fashion Week. After seeing how completely needy and exasperating she is to work with, I can now see why Ken blew a gasket with her. I don't at all defend Ken's OTT hysterics, but imagine having someone like her in your work environment, constantly soliciting advice on a project that she's responsible for, and whining and crying to get sympathy assistance, and then when it's your turn to hit her up for some help, she shuts you down with a "I'm not telling you. You figure it out for yourself." I'd be like /head rolling, "Oh no you di'nt, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 4409/29/2013

I find it funny that someone as childish and insecure as Helen has bloody stab wounds tattooed on her neck. "Look out, we've got a badass over here."

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2013

Really hated that their own fabric designs had to be "inspired" by some of the worst losers ever put on television - an app designer, a motocross racer, a beauty contest winner, a dessert maker, etc...

In the past the inspiration was their own! I think that's why some of the fabric designs were not up to previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 4609/30/2013

R46, I on the hand thought that most of the fabric designs were pretty successful this time, which hasn't been case in the earlier seasons.

by Anonymousreply 4710/01/2013

r31 and r32 -- they had that Project Runway model show a few season back. Turned out the models had nothing to say, and it was painful to have it stretched out for 46 minutes each week!

by Anonymousreply 4810/01/2013

Heidi was a model - she has lots and lots to say.

by Anonymousreply 4910/01/2013

The early seasons had the designers pick new models each week. Of course they usually kept the same ones so it was a waste of time. Glad they stopped that.

OTOH, the models were being switched around at the beginning of this season but we never learned how/why it was. The only model I recognize is the tall African one, she's clearly the best, and she models for Braden most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 5010/01/2013

In regard to the models, I only meant that I'm surprised PR hasn't used a model meltdown over wearing a particularly bad design just for the inherent drama.

And I'm glad they haven't resorted to that (yet).

by Anonymousreply 5110/01/2013

Her name is Ya.

by Anonymousreply 5210/01/2013

There was Model Drama, in season 1. Not over a bad dress, it was some ridiculous model who either overslept or was dropped by her agency (her story changed) and she was sobbing hysterically and Wendy was awkwardly trying to comfort her, embarrassing to watch.

I don't think they are paid to be on the show. It is supposed to be free publicity for them. When they show up late or don't come (at least in the early seasons) it's because they got a paying job. It always happens during FW too.

by Anonymousreply 5310/01/2013

I remember one season this model went out partying in the look and tore it up.

by Anonymousreply 5410/01/2013

But nevertheless, in the history of PR, a model has never made a stink about wearing a contestant's dress, no matter how godawful the design was.

Which shocks me, considering all the manufactured drama.

by Anonymousreply 5510/01/2013

R55, a few episodes back a model acted dismissively about the dress she was wearing when the judges were having a closer look at them with Tim Gunn. I thought it was a bit weird since why should the models have anything to say about the dress they are carrying, because it's their job to sell the clothes however horrible they might be.

This particular model acted like she was somehow tainted by the dress. Don't remember which model and which designer, and I don't even remember did she say it out loud or did she just make faces or answer to Heidi's question.

by Anonymousreply 5610/01/2013

Yes r55, I do remember that incident and it's actually what prompted me to yak on and on about the models' general passivity.

But in that case, the model had to be strongly prompted by Heidi to voice her opinion.

by Anonymousreply 5710/01/2013

I really don't see why that's so shocking - it's not like they're in the habit of having opinions. They get payed to do whatever the designer asks, why should they suddenly get difficult on PR. That certainly wouldn't help their careers.

by Anonymousreply 5810/02/2013

Season 5 had a memorable model battle over a Tic-Tac. They couldn't split it evenly and one model got a tiny bit more. She was upset.

by Anonymousreply 5910/02/2013

[quote]IIRC she was in the top three once (for the yoplait/boardwalk challenge when she made the furry blue dress). Has she ever been in the bottom three? I would like to hear the judges criticize her style.

If you were referring to Alexandra (the person you were talking about in the previous paragraph) she was actually a winner for cool poopy pants and in the bottom three for another set of hideous poopy pants. She did not design the furry Coney Island dress. Dom did...and she was also in the bottom-turned-winner episode, so we got judge's critiques on her as well.

by Anonymousreply 6010/02/2013

[quote]They get payed

OH MY!

by Anonymousreply 6110/02/2013

[quote]some smart ass thought it would be funny to pretend to be Ken for the 600th post, so mine didn't go through.

I thought the Ken ending to the thread was brilliant, funny, and just all around perfect. I even laughed out loud. If you hall-monitoring enforcers must have strict guidance, structure, and rules to follow(nothing wrong with that), do it a few posts before the last one and let the creatives handle post 600 in an entertaining manner.

Just a suggestion, not to be confused with yet another rule to enforce.

by Anonymousreply 6210/02/2013

Actually r60, I think the furry blue dress was mostly Alexandria's concept. She's a part time art teacher for kids and her website had some similar drawings by her students.

I know, TMI.

I just wish we could have a judges crit of her tatty style to understand why she keeps getting "safes".

by Anonymousreply 6310/02/2013

R62 probably laughs at "earrings, caftan" and Cheryl's stinky pussy too.

by Anonymousreply 6410/02/2013

Butterflies! Color!!

Finally no black designs on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 6510/03/2013

Bradon's Avant-garde outfit looks like this to me.

by Anonymousreply 6610/03/2013

Heidi is on the crack is she thinks that was the best last-challenge ever.

Justin just needs to go home. First off we get it, GAY DEAF GAY DEAF GAY DEAF GAY DEAF GAY DEAF GAY!

ALBINO BUTTERFLY!!! Enough.

Alexadria is still designing for Pebbles Flintstone and fucking whichever producer is keeping her alive.

Helen took to her drama and once again produced clothing curiously blah for all the histrionics. Perhaps that takes up all her energy. You'd think someone with all those tattoos could design more than one dress.

Both Dom and Braden did one interesting piece, even though I hated Braden's - it did fit the challenge, Dom's worked better but wasn't as out there. Their second looks were pretty dull and only had the virtue of not being disasters.

by Anonymousreply 6710/04/2013

I think I would've like Bradon's avant-garde design better without all those noodles, which made the whole piece look overworked. But, in fashion, avant-garde usually translates into OTT. His reworked look was meh.

I didn't much care for Justin's two designs. The avant-garde piece didn't work for me, and his reworked look was boring.

The silhouette of Dom's avant-garde coat was beautiful, but the clashing prints didn't work for me. The prints reminded me of granny's sleepwear and bedding. Loved her reworked design. Such an improvement from the original.

So sick of Helen La Llorona's waterworks. What an unstable mess. Her AG look was a whole lot of nothing. As the judges pointed out, her technique has been done many times before, and the silhouette was pretty basic. The redesign was well made, but again, nothing that hasn't been done before.

Alexandria. I can appreciate her aesthetic, but her AG design looked like a whole bunch of old rags stitched together. Nice pants on the redesign, but that's about it.

No elimination. Waste of an episode.

by Anonymousreply 6810/04/2013

I smoked some high-quality Colombian sativa, pure sativa. I was in the best mood ever.

That, and the idea that the fucking awful season is nearly over.

I shared some with Heidi but Germans can't handle it. They freak out, it fucks with their control-freak natures....

....what was I talking about? Oh, food. But I can't eat. Dexedrine. Get me a Dexedrine and a sleeping pill. And a white asparagus salad with dressing on the side.

by Anonymousreply 6910/04/2013

[quote]let the creatives handle post 600 in an entertaining manner.

MARY!! And what a hypocrite. Now *you* are enforcing.

What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 7010/04/2013

I loved the second challenge. Thought it was a very clever way to finish the season.

But those poor designers who got auf'd with those deigns watching from home......ouch!

But where did the fabrics come from for Helen's reworking? Kate did not have that much blue fabric in her short underskirt.

by Anonymousreply 7110/04/2013

Another episode that proves what we've known from Day 1. There are two talented designers in this group: Dom and Braden. Helen is repellant. She should move to Arizona where her water works could help save that state from drought. What a horrible woman. Justin is sweet, and Tim's save, which looked silly at the time, seems to be holding up, since Justin's not just still around, but if you look at his final collection, it's one of the best. He has time issues more than he has design issues. Did anyone notice that he's deaf by the way? Alexandria is just so dull. And her clothes are awful. The only reason she's still there is that Heidi supports the European Blondes. Without Heidi there'd be no Alexandria.

Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine tried her best to sound intelligent but with all that xanax and white wine in her system she was slurring her words. Without her old ally Michael Kors, she seems to be flailing. Sad Zach's head spends most of its time up Heidi's butt. He may be smart enough to know that he's a terrible judge--that Gaga joke was excruciating--and that he may not be asked back. Which would be terrific.

by Anonymousreply 7210/04/2013

Ok...Justin seems, as has been noted, a sweet guy but c'mon..enough with the deaf shit. How would that impact his design ability? They keep making it seem like he's overcome his blindness to make frocks and jumpsuits. Oy...enough. And Helen is so unfortunate to look at. And....I want to make out with Braden til our lips fall off.

by Anonymousreply 7310/04/2013

I thought Justin and Dom were shoe ins. That tube dress thing from Braeden was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 7410/04/2013

and Tim told Bradon not to use the noodles at all

by Anonymousreply 7510/04/2013

No, R75, by the end of the critique, Tim was encouraging the application of the tubes.

But what's going on with Justin. Is he deaf or something?

by Anonymousreply 7610/04/2013

R76, I'm not sure, but I think he might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 7710/04/2013

Justin = BDF

by Anonymousreply 7810/04/2013

Oh, please, R78. Have you ever seen a BD?

by Anonymousreply 7910/04/2013

I called this shit from the beginning of the season. I said top 3 would be Braden and Dom, but someone chastised me for prematurely predicting the winners.

Maybe it's intuition or maybe it's the clues from the show's editing, but fact is that it was obvious who was going to the finale.

I also predicted Alexandria, but she is as of yet "undetermined." We shall see.

Damn, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 8010/04/2013

When the judges said Alexandria I saw a the only flash of emotion ever on Heidi's face that wasn't contempt. It was unusual. How does Helen function with those nails? Maybe she should try gnawing on them. Or xanax.

by Anonymousreply 8110/04/2013

In the context of the challenge Justin's was avant guard and his rework of his exploding vag dress was awesome.

Helen's orange dress was not avant guard, her rework was great. Alexandria's avant guard was a dress you can get at hot topix and her rework was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 8210/04/2013

Helen should have gone home. The third spot should be between Justin & Alexandra

by Anonymousreply 8310/04/2013

Loved Braden's AG dress. It was creamy and spiky. Dom;s was chic and I love print mixing but it wasn't AG enough. Her revamp of Jeremy's real estate agent outfit was a huge improvement though, better than Braden's effort.

With the other three, I think they were disappointed that Helen's AG gown was not only *not* original or avant garde in any way, it had also been done several times in previous seasons. But she got the "body of work" pass.

Alexandria, god knows why she keeps getting a pass. Heidi likes her I guess.

Justin's dress was over-wrought but I liked the sleeveless lace cape.

Since EVERYBODY shows at Fashion Week, it's no skin off the producer's nose to have another Last Chance showdown. Just more traveling for Tim.

by Anonymousreply 8410/04/2013

Speaking of Tim traveling...

Where does he have to go? I know Bradon is LA. Dom is Philadelphia, I think? Alexandria? Dunno. Helen? NYC? Justin? No clue.

by Anonymousreply 8510/04/2013

where was the third print in Doms outfit? the coat was one the jumpsuit two

by Anonymousreply 8610/04/2013

I think she used the third print as trim on the coat. But in most pictures it looks like it's all one print.

by Anonymousreply 8710/04/2013

How I wish I would hear Heidi say, "I'm sorry Zach, that means you're out. We didn't enjoy having you here."

by Anonymousreply 8810/04/2013

I like Zac, he takes the time to actually look over a garment and see if it's made well. Justin should certainly be in the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 8910/04/2013

Again why did they have to save the no talent, Alexandra?

by Anonymousreply 9010/04/2013

I think Final 3 will be Dom, Braden, and Alexandria.

Although Helen looked pretty cheery in the photo before her runway collection was shown. She's so immature that I don't think she could fake that. Judging by her tweets to TLo, she definitely did not win, but that's no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 9110/04/2013

I give props to Helen for not picking Justin to go to Fashion Week with her. The rest of the designers were like Miss America contestants calling for world peace. You could almost hear the judges' collective gasp when she didn't mention deaf Justin.

by Anonymousreply 9210/04/2013

r85, Alexandria is from San Mateo, CA. Helen is from Union City, NJ. Justin is from Raleigh, NC. And yes, Dom is from Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 9310/04/2013

Dom's avantgarde look was awesome. The prints looked great together. Unfortunately the prints in her FW-collection looked quite mismatched, and perhaps it was this week's success that made her try to use so contrasting prints in the collection. Her redo of Jeremy's outfit looked pretty good at times but the jacket ended up looking too tight on the runway.

Bradon's looks were beautiful but were maybe a bit safe. The gray flap in the reworked skirt bothered me a bit. But both were high quality and expensive looking. I think he's the most creative of this season's designers, but he's unfortunately quite uneven, and that comes through in his last collection, and might cost him the win.

Justin's black coat seemed awesome when in the making but looked a bit flat with the dress. Can't say there was anything really new about his dress but I really did like the ropes in the coat. His redo of earlier dress was okay although it did have a home made look to it.

Helen's avantgarde dress was boring as hell but the redo was just gorgeous. It's amazing what you can do with simple garments when they are cut so well.

Alexandria disappointed me because the only thing that I really liked were the reworked pants. Her avantgarde dress was nothing new and it missed high quality look. I'm glad that she got through, though. Like Nina said she understands what is modern and I agree. Although this week neither of the looks were really modern.

by Anonymousreply 9410/04/2013

Helen's nails bother me. They fuck with the continuity too. She must paint them nightly.

by Anonymousreply 9510/04/2013

Anyone notice Billy B.'s dirty nails? And those finger tatts?

Dom for the win, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 9610/04/2013

Anyone have a link to the final Fashion Week Collections?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 9710/04/2013

You'll find all here:

by Anonymousreply 9810/04/2013

What is it with Alexander and the eyebrows? His are stupid and his models look like they're extras from Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 9910/04/2013

I like Dom but don't really like her style, I am just not into the mixing and matching of prints. It's okay here and there but her whole MO is now that and it's too much. Braden's look was fantastic, hope he wins. Helen is just annoying but considering she pulled those two looks out of her ass, I was impressed. She will take 2nd I bet. Justin, sorry, sweet guy but not really all that.

by Anonymousreply 10010/04/2013

Wow, I love Bradon's collection..

by Anonymousreply 10110/04/2013

Billy B. looked like something was wrong with him. What was with the hairs on his neck? And were those tattoos on his neck?

by Anonymousreply 10210/04/2013

I can see Michelle Obama wearing all of Bradon's clothes, just beautiful

by Anonymousreply 10310/04/2013

Project Runway's Justin LeBlanc and the Strength of Disability:

by Anonymousreply 10410/04/2013

R98 thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10510/04/2013

[quote]avant guard

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10610/04/2013

R102 Billy B didn't look like he had a neck.

by Anonymousreply 10710/04/2013

So wait....Justin is deaf... and gay?!

by Anonymousreply 10810/04/2013

I noticed the neck tattoo on Billy B. too. I "question the taste level" of anyone that thinks neck tats are a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 10910/04/2013

Why don't they ever feature that L'Oreal makeup guy we all love so much? They never let him out of the makeup room. He should have had Billy B's segment last night.

by Anonymousreply 11010/05/2013

[quote]Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine

That wasn't funny the first 400 times you wrote it.

Actually, Nina is very beautiful. She's not on Heidi's level, of course, but she's quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 11110/05/2013

I hate when they say make something "avante garde."

Avante guarde to me is "Your inspirations are Issey Miyake, Chanel, and Hillbilly Handfishin."

by Anonymousreply 11210/05/2013

R111, chinless reader of Marie Claire Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 11310/05/2013

I want to see Bradon naked. So fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 11410/05/2013

I'd rather see Daniel Vosovic, Jesse Lenoir, Christopher Collins, Logan Neitzel, and Rami Kashou naked.

by Anonymousreply 11510/05/2013

R111: Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine finally posts on DataLounge!!

by Anonymousreply 11610/05/2013

Don't forget Keith the gay Mormon r115!

by Anonymousreply 11710/05/2013

Poor Fish Eyes Helen has only one dress up her sleeve so I'm sure she's really going to turn up the shaking and crying next week to nab that last fashion week slot. Notice how quickly she turned off the dramatics when Tim told her to just deal with it and STFU. She seems like a cutter.

Justin's okay but the cheap sentiment they've used with him makes me sick. The only thing I remember of his was the black dress for the Mormon with her name on it and that wasn't great.

Dom's a fashion savant. She seems kind of dim and daffy but her skills are impressive.

by Anonymousreply 11810/06/2013

I liked Dom's printed jacket only when it was stolen on the runway and worn by Emmy Rossum with her own little black skirt.

The jacket looked ridiculous when paired with the voluminous printed long skirt (or were those pant legs?) of Dom's own design.

by Anonymousreply 11910/06/2013

Was Dom designing for Judy Jetson?

by Anonymousreply 12010/06/2013

Bitch stole my look...

by Anonymousreply 12110/06/2013

Has Justin designed anything that wasn't black?

by Anonymousreply 12210/06/2013

Alexandria's look was like Morticia Addams on crack.

by Anonymousreply 12310/06/2013

I'm with R111. That stupid "Chinless" cunt has been trying to make his idiotic name stick for, what, five or six seasons now? It was stupid then, and it's stupid now.

I assume the same asshole is the one who tried so hard to make AnnE a thing here, too.

by Anonymousreply 12410/06/2013

"In regard to the models, I only meant that I'm surprised PR hasn't used a model meltdown over wearing a particularly bad design just for the inherent drama."

You're really late to the game. S1 had Olga crying and screaming "somebody get this off me" to Kreepy Kevin's wedding dress. Apparently, he didn't put a lining in it and it was scratching her delicate Russian skin.

by Anonymousreply 12510/06/2013

The make-up guy in the butterfly farm had disgusting dirty chewed-off looking fingernails. Gross. Do Tina-heads chew their fingers?

by Anonymousreply 12610/06/2013

Nina actually needs some lipo in her neck.

by Anonymousreply 12710/06/2013

So, has anyone ever revealed the identities of the 4 child designers who open this thread?

They all look like Bradon to me.

by Anonymousreply 12810/07/2013

I'll cry my way to the final three!

by Anonymousreply 12910/07/2013

r125, season one was back in 2004! That's a long way to go to find a model meltdown, just to chastise r51.

by Anonymousreply 13010/07/2013

r128, I'd guess the upper-left corner is Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 13110/07/2013

I hope they all die screaming in a runway grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 13210/07/2013

126; He's white trash who thinks he doesn't need to clean his nails because it's makeup but it may as well be engine grease and dirt.

by Anonymousreply 13310/07/2013

I really wonder why they didn't send Alexandra home for that tatty mess of a gown.

It belonged on your grandmother's Halloween lawn witch".

by Anonymousreply 13410/07/2013

I really liked both of Alexandria's outfits, but I've liked her work all season. Helen and Justin have been overpraised in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 13510/07/2013

I hope Dom wins the whole thing, she's great. Alexandria reminds me of a snooty housewife in a 1950's suburb.

by Anonymousreply 13610/07/2013

I can't tell you how much those of us at Marie Claire love the Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director etc meme. Seriously. We work with her. You can't even imagine.

by Anonymousreply 13710/08/2013

I was just reading TLo and apparently Helen, whom they have amusingly christened Afterschool Special, has been reading their blog. She is not amused.

She's sent out nasty tweets, including one wishing them dead. She's also sent out something about Alexandria being a bitch (which does seem likely). TLo wrote her a note in their blog and told her off in no uncertain terms (linked).

She's "skinny-witch @helenthelush" if you want to see what she's been doing. I thought she was a heroin addict. Actually, I still think she's a heroin addict.

I hope they auf her at the very last second prior to the FW shows, the little cunt. They can keep Justin. I heard a rumor that he's deaf AND gay - a two-fer.

by Anonymousreply 13810/09/2013

That chick has issues. You would think an experience like PR would have matured her a little, apparently not. But then, drug addiction and arrested development go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 13910/09/2013

[quote]I can't tell you how much those of us at Marie Claire love the Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director etc meme. Seriously. We work with her. You can't even imagine.

It's not a "meme" when it's one fucking idiot who keeps posting it over and over.

Keep trying, tho, hon.

by Anonymousreply 14010/09/2013

What's surprising about wishing TLo dead? Most who've had the misfortune of reading their self satisfied, suck ass blog have had the same feeling.

by Anonymousreply 14110/09/2013

It seems the Huns were always fighting.

Just like here!

by Anonymousreply 14310/09/2013

Better link

by Anonymousreply 14410/09/2013

This picture says a thousand words.

by Anonymousreply 14510/09/2013

I hate the uneven hemlines. I can't help it...they always look like a mistake was made.

by Anonymousreply 14610/09/2013

[quote]It's not a "meme" when it's one fucking idiot who keeps posting it over and over.

Amen.

It reminds me of the "hissing" troll. He's still trying to make that happen, although it wasn't funny even in his first EST. However, he did accomplish getting one (coined) word banned.

When will people realize that repeating a stupid phrase ad nauseam doesn't make it clever?

by Anonymousreply 14710/09/2013

A-meme.

by Anonymousreply 14810/09/2013

The red speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 14910/10/2013

As usual I missed most of it.

by Anonymousreply 15010/10/2013

Helen's clothes were terrible.

Alexandra? Really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 15110/10/2013

Alexandria: I'm in.

Dom: Nooo... I mean, congrats, but, oh my god!

Obviously, Dom was not pleased.

Helen La Llorona finally got the boot. Her clothes were boring. Surprisingly, she took her aufing well, no drama.

Though Alexandria's design aesthetics are not to my taste, I can appreciate that she does things that are interesting and unique, however bizarre or downright ugly they may be. I just didn't think she'd make it all the way to finals.

by Anonymousreply 15210/11/2013

Even if all the judges hated Alexandria's design, Heidi liked it. It seems whoever Heidi likes, gets in. I'm starting to dislike Heidi a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15310/11/2013

Helen's clothes were misguided, but Alexandria's were just boring. Why didn't they both get the boot?

Is there another week of elimination before the real finale, or is the proper finale next week?

by Anonymousreply 15410/11/2013

Helen has been dull forever.

I have no idea why Alexandria is still around.

Justin, well, can't paint and can't design and oh yeah DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF DEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he's a sweet guy but please. They did him a disservice using him as the human interest stooge. That's the definition of being handicapped, they only see you for your disability.

Reality TV. They got the tears they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 15510/11/2013

r155, last week I would've agreed with you. make that 2 weeks. he's impresses me lately but his test tube dress was loud. i guess that was the point.

by Anonymousreply 15610/11/2013

Dull episode. Thank God Helen got auffed. She's a nasty piece of work. Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine dumped all over her, and for once, it was good to hear Nina let her fury out. Justin has gotten better each episode, and his dresses last night were quite good. He's also smart (or manipulative), using the deaf backstory to garner sympathy, and using the 3-D printing to act, in the judge's favorite term, "fashion forward." His final collection is quite good.

by Anonymousreply 15710/11/2013

I guess I must be alone here but I loved Alexandria's 3 looks last night. They were edgy but tasteful and very wearable, which is not as easy to pull off as it seems. Beautifully chosen thin suedes which perhaps didn't read so clearly on TV. I totally agree with Heidi's assessment.

And far better in terms of craftsmanship than Justin's 3 which all looked primitively homemade. And her grey palette looked sophisticated whereas Justin's greys looked like someone afraid if color.

Interesting that Nina and that tool Zac jumped all over Alexandria for her lack of color but it didn't come up in Justin's critique at all.

Alexandria also won some points from me in her Tim Visit segment with all of her school kids.

So glad to see Helen finally revealed for the amateur she is! Her ese with her auf made me realize how much her many meltdowns were put on solely for the drama.

by Anonymousreply 15810/11/2013

ease with her auf, that is!

by Anonymousreply 15910/11/2013

I'm actually starting to like Alexandria, which I never thought would happen. I hope she's final 2 with Dom, with Dom winning,

Braden choked. He's toast.

by Anonymousreply 16010/11/2013

Alexandria was humanized in her bit at the camp and damn those kids were movie cute. But then in her interviews she comes across as a neurotic and bitter mess. And I loved the Dom moment when she sort of congratulated Alexandria but then didn't.

by Anonymousreply 16110/11/2013

Alexandra's clothes look sloppy and unfinished. The 3 look she sent sown the runway has this melting off the model vibe that was distracting.

Her clothes almost always look like the model just threw them on in the dark while fleeing the apartment of that skeevy guy she'll never admit to having fucked.

by Anonymousreply 16210/11/2013

[quote]Alexandria was humanized in her bit at the camp and damn those kids were movie cute. But then in her interviews she comes across as a neurotic and bitter mess. And I loved the Dom moment when she sort of congratulated Alexandria but then didn't.

I also laughed at that. I also laughed when the product whore said that Tide customers are discerning about their fashion. LOL

You can tell a show has gone to the Fraus when the SOAP manufacturer is calling their caftans couture.

by Anonymousreply 16310/11/2013

Helen's dress with the weird arms/sleeves looked like a reject from Blade Runner. As soon as the model stepped out, I thought "you can't even move your arms in that".

by Anonymousreply 16410/11/2013

So Braden didn't have good looks? I missed him and Dom. I did like Justin's designs, I thought they were beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 16510/11/2013

How is being deaf a handicap for a designer? Seriously? What does being deaf prevent him from doing? Justin's whole "plotline" is bullshit. He gets the pity vote every time.

by Anonymousreply 16610/11/2013

I really don't get the Braden is so hot thing. He looks like a gay garden gnome. But he does have some design potential.

r166 being deaf is about the TV show, which is what this is. I'm generally shocked in those few moments when purely fashion considerations apply.

He's being used to drive ratings. Which is unfortunate since the fashion industry itself probably could give a fuck how deaf he is.

I hope he doesn't leave the show with some kind of idea that he's a genius designer, because he's not.

by Anonymousreply 16710/11/2013

Oh good, Helen finally got auf'd. Now she can go home and shoot drugs in the obscurity she so richly deserves. I was afraid they were going to "Anya" the little twat.

Braden for the win, I don't even care if his collection sucks. Justin's a disability whore, Dom's boring, Alexandria's even more boring.

I did like the dolls at Alexandria's "Camp Couture" thing. Is that what she considers a job? Her husband/wife must be rich. The five minutes Tim spent at that camp were the only five minutes I've liked Alexandria in weeks. She had a few snarky moments way back but then she devolved into a pinch-faced drear.

by Anonymousreply 16810/11/2013

I am so glad that Helen got sent back home. Only sad we didn't get to see a real breakdown.

What is even sadder is that Alexandria really should have been sent home at twice during the regular season...so she is taking up space that might have belonged to Alexander or Kate.

I really thought Nina had it in for her, but Heidi trumped her. There really was NO choice between Alexandria and Helen - it was obvious.

And I also loved the dolls at the Couture School.

by Anonymousreply 16910/11/2013

Never liked Helen but really started to dislike her after she said she was sorry that Kate went home because she was hoping Kate would go to fashion week with her.

For someone who was so neurotic and always on the verge of a breakdown she sure does have a high opinion of herself.

by Anonymousreply 17010/11/2013

Yeah, the dolls segment was cute as hell. It should have been longer.

I think Alexandria gets the bitch edit, but she's probably a very no nonsense middle aged California lady, and would be fun to hang out with, and would likely bring a lot of food over to a dinner party you held. Remember, this IS a competition.

Dom is a total sweetheart, but I absolutely LOATHE all her fucking Rainbow Brite post-breakdancer clothing.

Braden is the clear winner here, and Justin really wowed with that big gown.

I still think Kate should have shown at Fashion Week, with Justin and Braden.

Helen is clinically insecure, but she clearly is loved by many of the fellow designers. I think she's unpleasant to look at, and not creative enough to back it up. But, she clearly has been supportive of other designers this season. I just tire of her 'journeys' into self-doubt every fucking episode. It just smacks of amateur.

by Anonymousreply 17110/11/2013

Kate, whom I found repellent, was often willing to indulge Helen's neurotic freak outs. As those willing to assist her dwindled in number, Helen's "designs" got worse and worse until she was auf'd.

Serves her right, the little poser. Kate was shit but at least she did her own shitty work.

by Anonymousreply 17210/11/2013

Kate wasn't shit. She made ONE terrible gown which got her aufed, but she has had consistent quality work otherwise, and I hated her in her prior season.

I think Helen did much better DURING the main competition, because everyone fucking helped her on her magical and self-indulgent journey.

Left alone in NJ to her heroin needle and enabling boyfriend, she just indulged her own ego and self-doubt, and came out with NOTHING. It shows just how talented she isn't...when OTHER designers have ALWAYS had to back her up and support her in order for her to succeed.

I think she would probably be a great assistant designer or seamstress, but she cannot handle managing a design house of her own vision.

by Anonymousreply 17310/11/2013

Catching up on episodes. Dom's uptalking is driving me mental.

by Anonymousreply 17410/11/2013

I'm the first to say something about Dom's boyfriend? He was so cute and effeminate seeming.

by Anonymousreply 17510/11/2013

I like Alexandria a lot. She grew up in Sweden, and Scandinavian can sometimes read as standoffish. I think we saw her true nature in her studio when she was surrounded by children. She just glowed.

Helen is a very immature 25. Her twitter feed is obnoxious. She saw herself as the Next Great Designer and believes Alexandria stole her opportunity from her.

by Anonymousreply 17610/11/2013

If Helen was going to choose an abstract theme, maybe she should have gone with "borderline."

Do what you know.

by Anonymousreply 17710/11/2013

Helen isn't cool enough for heroin. Xanax, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 17810/11/2013

I also loved Alexandria's new pants as much as I hated her diaper pants. There were some great lines and details.

by Anonymousreply 17910/11/2013

They didn't really show much of Dom's outfits. We saw the fabric and she was kind of going through them when they were on hangers together, so it's hard for me to judge.

Braden has a shirt in his collection which is a shockingly similar to a shirt Target had in their stores earlier this year. A button down shirt with the floral pattern in the back only. It's very similar, as are a couple other floral ones.

Helen proved unable to infuse any wow factor into her outfits without the constant requests for input from the other designers.

I liked the fabrics Alexandria used and some of the colors, but agree with Nina that they won't stand out on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 18010/12/2013

I like Dom but the little I saw of her collection looked hideous! Horrible painted graphics splashed all over everything...the worst of 1988. She will never win this thing.

If Alexandria takes Nina's advice and adds some sharp sophisticated colors into the mix, she's winning.

by Anonymousreply 18110/12/2013

Alexandria's outfits may not stand out well on the runway, but they may end up selling the best. They were gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 18210/12/2013

Damn, looked like Tim had a really nasty fall.

Glad Helen's gone, I didn't like what I saw from her collection.

by Anonymousreply 18310/12/2013

Justin may have made it to the end because of the sympathy vote, but his final collection was a giant leap forward. I was very impressed after being bored by his stuff all season.

Alexandria and Helen are polar opposites in many respects - Helen tries to do minimalism and is a drama queen crybaby from hell, Alexandria thinks making clothes with a bunch of weird little details makes her edgy and has a European ice queen personality (which did melt a bit when she was in her element at the school...loved the dolls). Neither of them deserve to compete with the other 3 though. Both of their collections were hideous.

And that Tide challenge is up there with the Yoplait challenge for most awkward product placement. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 18410/12/2013

I cringed when the Tide lady said.."People who use Tide are very fashion forward" or something like that..and Tim said "Yep!"

by Anonymousreply 18510/12/2013

I want to ahve a 3some with Bradon and his lover...what a hunk

by Anonymousreply 18610/12/2013

[quote] And that Tide challenge is up there with the Yoplait challenge for most awkward product placement.

I wanna meet the cow that made this.

by Anonymousreply 18710/12/2013

[quote] Damn, looked like Tim had a really nasty fall.

Trolling for cock on the subway is never a good idea. *wink*

by Anonymousreply 18810/12/2013

The only thing Tim Gunn trolls for is a bottle of vodka.

by Anonymousreply 18910/12/2013

A lot of designers have sent Spring collections down the runway using pale and ice colors, so Nina's color criticism was rather stupid, especially considering that she's probably seen every collection for the past dozen years. And how were Alexandria's colors any less "poppy" than Justin's white and grey?

by Anonymousreply 19010/12/2013

And what about Justin's mushroom heads?

by Anonymousreply 19110/12/2013

Actually, wasn't there supposed to be Tide-sponsored dress that would be washable and fashion forward etc?

I don't remember anyone ever bringing that up again. Did they just abandon the idea?

by Anonymousreply 19210/12/2013

R192, I'm guessing it will figure into next week's finale.

by Anonymousreply 19310/12/2013

R190, Nina's criticism is never consistent from season to season or week to week. Irina won one season in which her finale collection consisted of 12 shades of black. (I actually loved the outfits, but there was virtually no color.)

So now Nina blasts Alexandria for her color palette while praising Justin's, which was the same.

by Anonymousreply 19410/12/2013

The Tim injury was very odd. He got his head sliced open from falling on the subway? hope he wasn't attacked.

by Anonymousreply 19510/12/2013

I hope he wasn't either, R195, though I can't imagine Tim Gunn being assaulted and it not making the news given his celebrity status.

by Anonymousreply 19610/12/2013

I think Sandro beat up Tim.

Bradon's hubby definitely has a HUGE cock. You just know it.

Helen tried to bring back acid wash and successfully failed at it.

I want to hug Justin.

I want to fuck Dom's brother.

Rocco and his sewing machine were the best part of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 19710/12/2013

Tim and Justin are seeing one another, By the way. I think it's sweet, especially given that Tim swore off relationships for so many years.

by Anonymousreply 19810/12/2013

Where did you here that R198? Prof please!

I really liked Alexandra's collection of the three. To me it looked like Calvin Klein or Donna Karan. I think she deserved to go.

Glad Helen got the auf.

by Anonymousreply 19910/12/2013

Rocco reminded me of that little boy on Curb Your Enthusiasm who made a swastika pillow sham with the sewing machine Larry gave him.

by Anonymousreply 20010/12/2013

Alexandria's delusions are so amusing to see. In her interviews, she seems to sure of herself and critical of her opponents. However, if Heidi hadn't been the executive producer, her ass would have been eliminated a couple of weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 20110/12/2013

Do you think Alexandria is a lesbian? No boyfriend or husband to be seen, and no kids.

by Anonymousreply 20210/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 20310/12/2013

During the show, Helen was so needy, always asking for help, overwhelmed by the need to make decisions, crying from the stress.

Then BAM, home visit, and she is just SO sure she's got the winning collection. That off-the-shoulder strait jacket dress was so wrong, everything from the design to the fabric to the execution was terrible and she didn't see it. Where did that (misguided) confidence come from?

I've always liked Alexandria. She's pretty self-contained, didn't want to get into the workroom drama or get sucked into Helen's decaying orbit. Notice that when they were reunited, we saw Helen and Dom hug enthusiastically but no one hugged Alexandria. She's not a huggy person, so what. I think her true personality came out at Camp Couture. Those kids were great, the dolls were genius (I think they might have had some help there tho').

What I liked about her collection is that it looked very easy and slouchy and touchable *and* expensive. Her fabric choices were excellent. I hope Nina's comment about the lack of colors was one of those producer decoy comments because as everyone has pointed out, black is the default color for most PR designers during the season and on the runway.

I wish Alexandria had included a full-length dress, she really does need a wow piece. That will be the biggest obstacle to her winning.

by Anonymousreply 20410/12/2013

Is Dom's "boyfriend" a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 20510/12/2013

I think that's what bothered me most about Alexandria, she seemed least talented but she continually said that the others were not ready for the run way. Maybe the producers were forcing her to say things like that?

by Anonymousreply 20610/12/2013

One thing about Alexandria, she kept her cool when Ken was so rude. Someone should have mopped the floor with that little shit. Everyone would have cheered if that had happened.

by Anonymousreply 20710/12/2013

I loved Alexandria's pieces and think she's done some creative outfits. She's very talented but sticks to her own vision. In other words, she's not all over the map like Helen. Alexandria knows who she is as a designer.

It's weird. All of the competitors gave harsh critiques on each other's work. Alexandria stuck to commenting on people's work while others (including Braden) got personal and slammed the people themselves (such as all of the comments about Helen's breakdowns) yet Helen is furious at and hates Alexandria.

I've read stories and reviews from kids and adults who attend Alexandria's couture camps, and they rave about how kind, creative and patient she is, plus her goofy sense of humor.

Give that, it really seems like Helen blamed Alexandria for her not making the finale and turned into a Mean Girl. She is ranting like a loon about Alexandria on twitter. She says the reunion will be nasty.

by Anonymousreply 20810/12/2013

What is Helen saying on Twitter? I tried to go to her page and got an error message.

by Anonymousreply 20910/12/2013

Dom has turned into a nasty bitch in the past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 21010/12/2013

Helen just changed her name on twitter. Here are a few of her fine thoughts:

- thanks for all the support, even the haters! oh and I barely cried this episode! so suck it!

- I loved @domofix reaction when Alexandria walked in after the runway (Dom's response: lol welll... Honesty is honesty)

- Am I crazy?? @heidiklum is the only one who likes Alexandria's work.. I'm confused.

- THAT'S THE NEW PUNK??? RIGHT

- @Zac_Posen and @ninagarcia are not impressed with that LACK of spring color palette

- So Alexandria calls me a student, but her students made half of her collection @ProjectRunway

- Alexandria you're a TEACHER you keep calling me a student. YOU TEACH STUDENTS, MORON.

- Right? RT @WWalkJr: @helenthelush All those kids sewing and weaving for her - who is she designing for...WalMart?

- This makes me think old lady 'sex.' Sorry bradon!

- no more show talk! the results are in and I was auf'd last night. my opinion stands as Alexandria's collection was not remotely fashionable or innovative, and I still showed at fashion week with remarkable response. I'm not taking this as a loss, but a lifelong gain.

- Sweetheart, only Heidi was amused by her designs.. to each their own. RT @jimmy522: @helenthelush @dojababy420 not according to the judges the ones that count

- I'm not blaming anyone, but her work should be to blame. It was awful. RT @jimmy522: @dojababy420 @helenthelush @KatePankoke don't blame Alexandria blame judges and producers.

- and Zac wanted to send Alexandria home.. and Heidi didn't. that's what politics means lol.. RT @CamilaVox: @helenthelush @ProjectRunway @ZacPosenStudio @ninagarcia @heidiklum Politics?? What do you mean? You just lost...

- We all worked hard! I'm just grateful for showing at #NYFW regardless of being in the top or not. I know I can be bitter, but I can't say I have any respect for people who don't respect me in the first place! Thanks for the support, love or hate its all support in my eyes. @ProjectRunway

- Nope, i just have no respect for people who don't respect themselves. shes a teacher and calls me out for 'student work,' what does that make her? #hypocrite RT @SequinCitycom: @helenthelush Meow. Someone is throwing shade, lol

by Anonymousreply 21110/12/2013

Helen is a nasty bitch and will never go anywhere in the fashion biz.

by Anonymousreply 21210/12/2013

R208, [quote]Alexandria stuck to commenting on people's work while others (including Braden) got personal and slammed the people themselves (such as all of the comments about Helen's breakdowns) yet Helen is furious at and hates Alexandria.

No. Alexandria, in the print challenge episode, matter-of-factly called out Helen's crying antics and constant need for attention and said she was tired of her drama. Immediately after that aired, Helen and her bestie Kate live tweeted what a bitch Alexandria was and that they couldn't believe she had made it this far.

by Anonymousreply 21310/12/2013

This season had more than its share of nasty bitches.Hey Heidi, how about the show return to fashion and not merely drama?

by Anonymousreply 21410/12/2013

I liked Alexandria's collection. Looked super comfortable and expensive. I'm not quite sure waht to make of Heidi's fixation on her though?

by Anonymousreply 21510/12/2013

I forgot about that one time, R213, but Alexandria certainly wasn't the only designer thinking/voicing that sentiment. It does seem hypocritical that Alexandria can't complain about Helen's drama while Helen is allowed to throw shade at her nonstop.

My respect for Kate and Dom has plummeted now that they've jumped into the muck with Helen. I know there's a lot of mean-girl peer pressure, but still.

by Anonymousreply 21610/12/2013

Yes, only Heidi liked Alexandria's collection. But not one of them liked yours, Helen! And her point about "student work" makes no sense because Alexandria's students didn't design anything and they aren't in the competition. They did some weaving, big deal. My goodness, she's thick.

by Anonymousreply 21710/12/2013

I don't like Alexandra's aesthetic at all. I hate her tatty edges, her black-and-beige palate, and her references to the eighties. It all smacks of suburban-mom-trying-to-be-cool, and looking back to her youth, instead of forward. I especially hate her attempts to bring back Punk, for the ladies who shop at Belk.

Maybe Lifetime's ordered her kept on, because she makes the frau viewers feel cool.

by Anonymousreply 21810/12/2013

Helen is drunk-tweeting to Zac, Heidi, Nina, AND the producers?? Isn't that... ill-advised?

She doesn't have any insider information, right? When she says Zac wanted to auf Alexandria and Heidi is the only one who wanted to keep her... she's just getting that from watching the last episode like we all did?

I mean, it's reality tv! Half the time the judges are reading from the producer's script and the rest of the time the editors are inserting voice-over comments in unrelated scenes. The producer's aim is to make sure everyone watches the finale and the only way to do that is to keep everyone guessing who the judges favor.

That woman is simply demented and, I would guess, unemployable?

by Anonymousreply 21910/12/2013

I'm not sure who you're talking about R218, but if Lifetime was trying to find a designer that appeals to today's suburban mom, the choice wouldn't be the single Alexandria, who grew up in Sweden, Greece, Spain and Italy. She quit modeling at 18 (said her mother wanted her to do it more than she did) to get her business degree at NYU. She's also run in more than 50 marathons.

Honestly, I think Kate would have been more appealing and relatable to the suburban mom.

by Anonymousreply 22010/12/2013

The weird thing is, R219, is that Helen apparently is very close to Kate and Dom and still in touch with Alexander, Justin and Jeremy. They either condone her behavior, are tolerating her behavior to avoid having the drama sent their direction or don't give enough of a shit about her to save her from herself.

Helen also block Mondo from following her on twitter because he offered her some constructive criticism of her work.

by Anonymousreply 22110/12/2013

[quote]Helen also blocked Mondo from following her on twitter because he offered her some constructive criticism of her work.

Oh, it just gets better and better.

by Anonymousreply 22210/12/2013

Any person who covers themselves in ugly tattoos and piercings is mentally unstable. Her crying meltdowns every week were evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 22310/12/2013

Mondo immediately pussied out, though, R222. He then tweeted to Kate asking her to tell Helen he "still loves her" and no hard feelings about being blocked.

Helen is onto something here. She acts like a bitch and lashes out at people then they immediately buckle to her will and lavish her in praise. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 22410/12/2013

Helen fluked her way almost to the end. I'm very surprised she went as far as she did. Goodbye, rat face.

I thought Alexandria had a very presentable collection, although it does lack a certain flair and/or boldness.

Justin *finally* justified himself. I wasn't buying his shit all the way up until he presented on the runway. Although the jewellery was probably better than the actual garments. Btw, did you guys know he's deaf?!

by Anonymousreply 22510/12/2013

[quote]Helen is onto something here. She acts like a bitch and lashes out at people then they immediately buckle to her will and lavish her in praise. Ugh.

T Lo told her to fuck off when she tried it with them.

by Anonymousreply 22610/12/2013

Why do you think so many of her fellow contestants are capitulating to her, R226? Do they really like her that much or is it to avoid the drama? Or is she right and Alexandria is a horrible bitch, which the cameras never caught?

by Anonymousreply 22710/12/2013

I really hated Helen's interview segments. She always looked so stiff, like she had a rod shoved up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 22810/12/2013

Every season, the final 4 designers always leave NYC declaring that they can't wait to WOW the judges at Fashion Week. Then Tim goes to visit them at home, and their designs are almost always boring and uninspired.

by Anonymousreply 22910/12/2013

R277, because Helen is a classic manipulator, playing the victim "oh woe is me!" role to gain people's sympathy, support, and compassion. They cry and feign weakness so that the more compassionate among us will rush to console, encourage, assist, and defend them (Dom & Kate, for instance), while those who see right through their act (Alexandria) are judged as cold-hearted bitches.

by Anonymousreply 23010/12/2013

Looks like Kate's real personality is showing. She was always a Mean Girl and I didn't buy her "oh that wasn't the real me last season!" routine for one minute.

Alexandria, whom I didn't particularly like, beat both Kate and Helen so they are piling on. If Dom is joining in the bitch-fest, it makes me think that Alexandria must have beaten her in the finale.

But -

[quote]Tim and Justin are seeing one another, By the way. I think it's sweet, especially given that Tim swore off relationships for so many years.

R198, we need MORE DETAILS please.

by Anonymousreply 23110/12/2013

I think someone mentioned this upthread: Helen's First Communion picture. I laughed. It looked like someone took her present-day head and photoshopped it into an old photo.

by Anonymousreply 23210/12/2013

Are they doing a reunion show? That would be epic with all the crazies this season.

by Anonymousreply 23310/12/2013

NY Times interview with Tim Gunn from yesterday. He says he's still single. He had a few words to say about the decoy designers too.

“Some of them apparently think the show was rigged this season, which couldn’t be further from the truth,” Mr. Gunn said, his fingertips touching one another at waist level in his characteristically poised stance. “It couldn’t be further from the truth,” he added again for emphasis, looking annoyed.

Later, reflecting on this season’s drama, which included a fifth decoy designer who decided to pull out of the fashion show that morning, he said, “It goes without saying that when a designer is out and leaves the show, they are hugely disappointed and probably a little grumpy.”

“But there was a new flavor of it this season that was really quite unpleasant,” he added. “The level of anger and acting out and grumpiness was really beyond the pale. I will be blunt. I did not want to see them. They were just not pleasant.”

by Anonymousreply 23410/12/2013

I bet Helen hates Tim

by Anonymousreply 23510/12/2013

Wow, R234, that was quite scathing from Tim. Who were the decoy designers - Ken (who punked out and didn't show), Kate, Helen, Jeremy and Alexander?

by Anonymousreply 23610/12/2013

Yeah, I think he must have been referring to Ken and Helen. Poor Tim, having to deal with those bundles of personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 23710/12/2013

I get the impression he was talking about the whole group of decoys. Disappointing if Jeremy and Alexander got caught up in the pettiness and jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 23810/12/2013

I liked Alexandria's clothes.

by Anonymousreply 23910/13/2013

Why does Mondo feel the need to get involved? Who does he think he is, the Grand Dame of PR winners?

by Anonymousreply 24010/13/2013

[quote]“I don’t think they like me anymore,” he said of the four already-eliminated contestants working on the sidelines.

So, Helen, Alexander, Kate, and Jeremy. Or maybe Ken instead of Jeremy. He was there I believe, he just refused to go on.

by Anonymousreply 24110/13/2013

Mondo blogs and tweets about the shows for a website, R240.

by Anonymousreply 24210/13/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim had some sort of relationship with Justin. There definitely seemed to be some connection there. Someone must know something.

by Anonymousreply 24310/13/2013

Did you read the profile of Tim in today's NYTimes, R243? I seriously doubt he and Justin have a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 24410/13/2013

Tim fell over upon seeing Helen's crappy work. She has talent but she needs time to hone her craft. I did like some of her looks throughout the season but that was so poor for a finale collection.

Alexandria: I'm in. Dom: Noooooo

HAHAHA that was just the best.

Alexandria is an up herself snob. 'I knew I would make it.' Ugh just shut up.

R243 I don't think so. Tim is asexual and has been celibate since last century.

by Anonymousreply 24510/13/2013

Honestly I don't see Tim Gunn being stupid enough to admit that he has a relationship with a contestant. The jury is still out on that one for me.

by Anonymousreply 24610/13/2013

R245, Alexandria didn't say anything any of the other finalists and decoys haven't said. I truly like Justin, but a couple of his comments have been pretty arrogant. Alexandria just isn't warm and fuzzy - unless you put her in a room with children then she's butter - but her confidence is no different than the others.

I adore Tim Gunn and I could see him in a relationship with Justin if it weren't for the 33-year age difference. Tim is 60 and Justin 27. That's extreme.

Helen was downright delusional. I wonder if that ugliness and accusations of rigging will come up in the reunion special.

by Anonymousreply 24710/13/2013

Helen's only ability was to make a dress with princess seams. Her dresses all turned out looking like slutty 1960's nursing uniforms you'd see in porn. Alexandria at least has some talent. The only problem with her is her clothes reflect her personality - blah and beige.

by Anonymousreply 24810/13/2013

Tim could be referring to the decoys feeling Akexandria getting in because Heidi liked her when he says people feeling the season was rigged. The guys could feel it was going to be hard to get in the finals once the show went to Lifetime. And certainly second rate Helen and Kate probably make themselves feel better by being upset and blaming Tim. I think it is Sandro and Ken who brought the bad behavior and who Tim did not want to see again.

by Anonymousreply 24910/13/2013

Yeah, R249, Helen and Kate strongly believe Alexandria "stole" Helen's rightful spot because Heidi liked her work so much.

I've been following Helen on twitter, and it's been incredible reading how bitter, vengeful and spiteful she has been. But people like Kate, Dom and dozens of "fans" are fueling that delusion by telling her she's right and she's the most special sunbeam in the history of sunbeams.

A few people have asked her what Alexandria did that was so awful to her, but all Helen can come up with is that Helen doesn't respect people who don't respect her. She's particularly furious about Alexandria's comment that Helen still has the inexperience of a student. (Helen has given much harsher criticism about others, but we're supposed to ignore that hypocrisy.)

I get what Alexandria is saying: When a student is given a project and predefined parameters, he or she can create some amazing work (and in Helen's case, with a lot of advice from fellow competitors in the workroom). Change the challenge to "create a collection" and take all of that assistance away, and Helen floundered. She doesn't know her own aesthetic yet. Regardless of whether one likes Alexandria's outfits - and I do - she has a vision.

Helen's inexperience reminds me a bit of Mychael Knight from Season 3. He was incredible in the challenges but utterly collapsed when creating his own collection. Of course, he was a nice guy and not an asshole like Helen.

by Anonymousreply 25010/13/2013

[quote] Tim is asexual and has been celibate since last century.

Tim and Andre hooked up that one time after their dinner at Red Lobster.

by Anonymousreply 25110/13/2013

Justin's Twitter would indicate he still lives in North Carolina. I very much doubt he would engage in a long distance relationship with a man old enough to be his grandfather, and I don't think Tim has it in him to let his guard down for a relationship at this point in his life.

by Anonymousreply 25210/13/2013

Tim Gunn: A Lifetime of Making It Work

By JENNIFER CONLIN

At Lincoln Center on the second day of New York Fashion Week, Tim Gunn quietly encouraged with a quick hug, a kiss on the cheek or a last-minute word of praise the four contestants who were about to show their final collections to a gathering audience of nearly a thousand invited guests. In turn, the designers smiled back at him, grateful for their mentor’s presence on the day that would determine the Season 12 winner of “Project Runway.”

Another group of designers, however, no longer seemed to care about Mr. Gunn’s “Make it work” mantra. “I don’t think they like me anymore,” he said of the four already-eliminated contestants working on the sidelines. Now acting as “decoys” for this Sept. 6 taping, so the identities of the finalists would not be revealed before the televised finale on Oct. 17, they too would be showing their collections that day.

“Some of them apparently think the show was rigged this season, which couldn’t be further from the truth,” Mr. Gunn said, his fingertips touching one another at waist level in his characteristically poised stance. “It couldn’t be further from the truth,” he added again for emphasis, looking annoyed.

Later, reflecting on this season’s drama, which included a fifth decoy designer who decided to pull out of the fashion show that morning, he said, “It goes without saying that when a designer is out and leaves the show, they are hugely disappointed and probably a little grumpy.”

“But there was a new flavor of it this season that was really quite unpleasant,” he added. “The level of anger and acting out and grumpiness was really beyond the pale. I will be blunt. I did not want to see them. They were just not pleasant.”

Then, more in keeping with his image as the show’s peacemaker — stepping in when the fractious squabbling among the contestants seemed to be veering toward physical altercation; soothing fragile egos when they had been bruised by a judge’s tough critique — Mr. Gunn softened his tone a bit: “I think it has to do largely with the fact that we have such a talented group.”

While talented they may be (though regular viewers of the show may have a less charitable view of the contestants’ design skills than Mr. Gunn), if past seasons’ results are any guide, then the moment when one of them is named a winner may well be the highlight of his or her career as a fashion designer.

Because, for all the opportunities that come with that victory (and this year the cash and prizes total more than half a million dollars, as well as the chance to design and sell a collection at Belk department stores), the track record of past winners is not an encouraging one.

While some former contestants have gone on to minor celebrity (an hourlong documentary was made about the Season 1 winner, Jay McCarroll, Chris March had a short-lived reality show, Santino Rice is a regular panelist on “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and several of the designers, including Malan Breton, Daniel Vosovic and Irina Shabayeva, have shown their own collections at New York Fashion Week), only Christian Siriano, the winner of Season 4, has emerged from the show with anything remotely approaching a high profile in the fashion world.

In fact, for all the made-for-television tension that accompanies the announcement of the winning designer, it is fair to say that no one has benefited more from the show’s success than the three original judges and Mr. Gunn himself.

Though Michael Kors was an established designer before joining “Project Runway,” the show has made him a bona fide celebrity, and his TV fame could not have been an insignificant factor in his highly lucrative initial public offering nearly two years ago. Nina Garcia was the little-known fashion director at Elle when she joined the show, and is now creative director of Marie Claire. These days, she is on ABC doing red-carpet commentary for the Oscars, working as a consultant for J. C. Penney and doing a deal with the co-founder of Netflix. And Heidi Klum, already a noted Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustra

by Anonymousreply 25310/13/2013

Secret and Sports Illustrated model, has turned into a global fashion conglomerate, with a line of active wear for New Balance and a jewelry collection on QVC, while also starring as a judge on yet another reality show, “America’s Got Talent.”

But perhaps no one has come further (or benefited more from the show’s success) than Mr. Gunn, who for more than two decades was a largely anonymous administrator and teacher at Parsons the New School for Design in New York.

Since the show began in 2004, first with Bravo and now on Lifetime, Mr. Gunn, who turned 60 this summer, has nearly too many accolades to list. He has published three books (one written with Kate Moloney and one with Ada Calhoun); had an animation role on a Disney show; a period as chief creative officer at Liz Claiborne Inc.; numerous guest appearances on hit television shows like “How I Met Your Mother,” “Gossip Girl” and “Ugly Betty” (usually playing himself); a spinoff makeover show on Bravo that lasted two seasons called “Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style”; red-carpet Oscar interviews with the likes of Helen Mirren; and a couple of invitations to the White House — the latest being to a lunch hosted by Michelle Obama. He and Ms. Klum also just walked away with the Emmy for hosting a reality TV show (beating out, among others, Ryan Seacrest and Betty White) at the most recent award ceremonies.

As even he would admit, the show has made him an unlikely celebrity, one whom Ms. Klum described in a recent e-mail as “the kindest, most humble person you’ve ever met,” and whom his longtime “Project Runway” executive producer, Sara Rea, calls “such a good person,” one who will “stop and give an autograph or take a photo with anyone who asks.”

Prompted to talk about his many accomplishments, Mr. Gunn can’t help but admit his good fortune. “I am just a lucky guy and a very happy guy,” he said recently, sitting in the elegant Upper West Side penthouse apartment he bought in 2009 after 25 years of renting. “There is nothing more that I would even think of wishing for, because if I did, and if there is a higher authority in power, it would strike me down with a bolt of lightning for the hubris of it.”

It’s been a long journey to get here.

RAISED IN WASHINGTON by a mother who helped found the library for the C.I.A. and a father who worked as an F.B.I. agent under J. Edgar Hoover, Mr. Gunn did not have an easy youth.

“On the topic of my own sexuality, for years and years and years I knew what I wasn’t, but I didn’t really know what I was,” he explained in his apartment as he talked about his childhood, adding that he grew up with “a very distant, aloof father, who I knew I was a disappointment to in so many ways.” And a mother who was “very attentive, very caring,” but not warm. “I don’t remember ever being hugged by her,” he said.

Mr. Gunn says he still remembers clearly the feelings of “despair and anguish” he experienced as a teenager. “How to describe it?” he said, pausing to find the right words. “It was a huge human pothole.” He added that he, like others in his position, had few public role models in the gay community to look up to.

“I had people like Paul Lynde, and the fey decorator in a Doris Day movie, and I thought: ‘Well that is not me either. I am not like that,’ ” he recalled, and then moments later, in a brief moment of levity, added, “Well, maybe I am!” laughing loudly.

He has now publicly acknowledged that he tried to kill himself at 17 with an overdose of pills. After that crisis, he found the help he needed in the medical community and among his family.

“Whenever there was a crisis that I presented to them, and trust me there were many, my father was always there,” he said lovingly. “He was the stabilizer, he was the negotiator, he was utterly fabulous, and my mother would fall to pieces, completely fall to pieces, and not advance the plot in any way. But Dad was there.”

But comfort was not the same as acceptance, and Mr. Gunn says he never came out about his sexuality to his parents, knowing they would disapprove. His father died 18 years ago and his

by Anonymousreply 25410/13/2013

years ago and his mother 3 years ago.

He knew that his second book, a New York Times best seller, “Gunn’s Golden Rules” (in which he discusses being gay), which was published in September 2010, just before his mother’s death, would “trigger a hugely emotional and incendiary response” from her. As he told an interviewer at the time, “If she’s still alive when the book is published, then it will kill her.”

Instead, after the book came out, she wrote what Mr. Gunn describes as a very long “tome.”

“It’s in a 9-by-12 envelope that is half an inch thick, I think,” he said. “Still unopened.”

Since discussing his own suicide attempt, however, including making an emotional video for the “The Trevor Project,” a national organization for L.G.B.T. and questioning youth, he has found that parents often bring their teenagers up to him after public speaking events.

“And I know what it is about,” he said, tearing up and pausing in an attempt to gain his composure. “And I am very proud to be that person,” he continued, still choked up. “To say: ‘Look, it is not an easy road ahead. It is going to be filled with obstacles and you have to navigate them, and we learn from these things. But you need the help of people around you, people you trust, people you feel comfortable speaking to, whether it’s a family member, friends, a teacher, whomever it may be, because I would not be here if it had not been a for a major intervention and hospitalization.’ ”

Just before he turned 50, and a few years after being named chairman of the fashion department at Parsons (“In fashion education in this nation it does not get any better than that”), Mr. Gunn was approached by the production team of Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth of Magical Elves (then best known for their involvement with “Project Greenlight,” a reality series about fledging filmmakers) about a show in development called “Project Runway.” Months later, he agreed to be a consultant.

But then, after seeing Mr. Gunn interacting with the young designers at the auditions — reviewing their portfolios and asking about their goals and inspirations — the producers changed their minds. “They said to me, ‘What if you were the mentor in the workroom?’ ” Mr. Gunn said, remembering his first reaction was concern that he would have to live in the same residence as the designers.

“Conceptually, I was not altogether persuaded that when it was all said and done, this whole show wouldn’t be about sexual antics at the Atlas apartments,” he said, laughing.

During the development of the show, Mr. Gunn was responsible for two major changes. First, he insisted that the designers make their own clothes (the original plan had been for a roomful of seamstresses to sew the competitors’ patterns), and second, he argued that the workroom should close every night so as not to become a competition of endurance rather than talent. (It was planned as a 24-hour work space.) “Some people can survive on four hours of sleep like Martha Stewart, and others are frail flowers who need nine,” he argued. (The change also gave the added tension of a clock ticking away, as the hour that the workroom had to close increasingly neared each night.)

Still, he said: “I couldn’t really believe that ‘Project Runway’ would end up being a show that was really about the creative process. I wanted to believe it, but fundamentally I had doubts.”

He wasn’t alone.

While observing the judges being taped in a question-and-answer session with the contestants during Season 1, a woman standing next to him suddenly said, “Who wants to watch this?”

“She corroborated my worst thoughts!” he recalled. Later, Mr. Gunn said he learned that woman was Lauren Zalaznick, then the president of the Bravo Network, the NBC channel that had bought the series. (Project Runway moved to Lifetime in Season 6, creating a contract dispute with NBC that was eventually resolved.)

Indeed, early signs were not good. Initial viewer ratings for the first few episodes hovered around the 350,000 mark, and it seemed the show was destined to be a one-and-done failure. “I don’t

by Anonymousreply 25510/13/2013

Indeed, early signs were not good. Initial viewer ratings for the first few episodes hovered around the 350,000 mark, and it seemed the show was destined to be a one-and-done failure. “I don’t want to pretend that we cried ourselves to sleep at night,” Mr. Cutforth told The New York Times in 2005, “but it was really quite depressing.”

But Ms. Zalaznick turned out to be a believer, running repeated episodes of the show so viewers would find it, and by the time the show’s finale was broadcast in February 2005 — with Mr. McCarroll named the winner — its audience was about five times as big and a second season was ordered. The show later went on to be nominated for an Emmy in the outstanding reality-competition category.

Versions of it sprung up from Belgium (“De Designers”) to Brazil (“Projeto Fashion”), complete with mentors and judges. But it would be hard to imagine any mentor doing the job better than Mr. Gunn, whom Ms. Rea, the show runner, says, “is not playing a part but just himself.”

Though seen critiquing the designers’ work for a few minutes during the weekly challenges, Mr. Gunn actually spends a good hour, if not more, with each of the contestants, giving advice on their ideas, urging them to follow their instincts and bolstering their confidence.

“Everyone believes in you here, Alexandria,” Mr. Gunn reassured Alexandria von Bromssen during the taping of one episode this season, when she was upset by Ms. Garcia’s criticism that some of her garments were not “show worthy.” “You can’t please everyone; Heidi liked everything,” he told her reassuringly. “Wipe it out of your head,” he said, stroking her arm.

Justin LeBlanc, the first beneficiary of the “Tim Gunn Save” (which was introduced this season to give Mr. Gunn one chance to overrule the judges’ decision to eliminate a contestant), said: “I have goose bumps talking about him. He is the same on camera as off. He taught me the confidence to stay true to myself.”

As for the show’s lack of big-name success stories, Mr. Gunn says that within 30 seconds of meeting the most famous alumnus of the group, Mr. Siriano, he knew the 21-year-old contestant was “an old soul and a design prodigy.” (Most recently, Christina Hendricks of “Mad Men” wore a well-received Siriano gown to the Emmys.) As for the others, “Not everyone wants to be Michael Kors” — meaning that some have other ambitions than to be a commercial designer — and “the recession has not helped.” He said that the Season 2 winner, Chloe Dao, did not want to leave her family and hometown, Houston, to move to New York, but is still doing very well in Texas with her own retail store and regular appearances on QVC.

“There are many ways you can establish your own path,” he said, sounding very much like the teacher he is. “The reason I love my catch phrase, ‘Make it work,’ is because it is not just about what is happening in the workroom, it is about life. Taking the existing conditions, the things we have available to us, and rallying them to ascend to a place of success.”

As for his own future, Mr. Gunn, who is single and has been for decades, says that he can see himself growing “older and wiser and wrinklier with someone,” but that the person could be a man or a woman and the relationship wholly platonic.

“In terms of romance and that element of dating — yuck, no thank you, I don’t need it,” he said, adding that his life is already so busy he often feels “a hair shy of a psychotic breakdown.”

He says this with the air of someone who knows that all that he has now was not exactly preordained.

“Had I been successful with that suicide attempt,” he said in a quiet moment back at his apartment, “none of this would have happened to me.”

by Anonymousreply 25610/13/2013

I love Tim Gunn, he's an inspiration. Yes one might describe him as a failure in life because he seems to have so much hang-ups about sex (and this coming from me who also has hang-ups about sex; I haven't had sex with others for over 10 years). But in his own way he is a true gentleman and a great role model of being civil and caring and true to yourself.

I don't know where this talk of him having a relationship with Justin came from but if it was true then I'd be just way to go, man! I do hope that, if he's not completely asexual, that he'll find his dream man who'll kiss him gently when he wakes up next to him, and then fucks him to oblivion!

Why do I get a feeling that Heidi has tried to hook him up with men during these PR years ;)

by Anonymousreply 25710/13/2013

I seriously doubt Tim would do anything improper and compromise the show by getting involved with a contestant, especially one more than 30 yrs his junior.

And, if for some reason they are a couple does that mean the interpreter comes along on dinner dates?

by Anonymousreply 25810/13/2013

“a hair shy of a psychotic breakdown.”

That's going in my Christmas card.

by Anonymousreply 25910/13/2013

I want to know more about Tim's "subway accident." Those were some deep and nasty cuts on his face. I think he came face-to-face with a knife-wielding psycho.

by Anonymousreply 26010/13/2013

Where we're Ken and Zandro when this alleged incident happened?

by Anonymousreply 26110/13/2013

Back off! Tim Gunn is mine!

by Anonymousreply 26210/13/2013

Tim Gunn stated he got those facial injuries taking a fall in the subway. It most certainly looked more like someone beat him up. They didnt look like injuries one would receive from a fall.I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 26310/13/2013

His injuries did look very brutal for a fall. I mean its possible if he fell down stairs quite a bit. Poor thing. I'm surprised they didn't put a bandage over that cut just for the duration of the show. At one point it was bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 26410/14/2013

Why the hell is Tim Gunn taking the subway anywhere??

by Anonymousreply 26510/14/2013

Lots of wealthy people in NYC use the subway, you have to be quite pretentious to refuse to ever use it.

by Anonymousreply 26610/14/2013

The subway is the fastest way to get around in the city.

by Anonymousreply 26710/14/2013

Live in NYC long enough and you will see a number of famous people riding the subway.

by Anonymousreply 26810/14/2013

Does Tim have a drinking problem? Maybe he fell down during a drunken stupor.

by Anonymousreply 26910/14/2013

I'm beginning to think that Alexandria has gotten a really bad "bitch" edit from the producers.

True, she is a bit aloof but she is older and more experienced than the other designers but I don't think she's ever been malicious or spiteful.

I can very much see myself coming off like her with a little inventive editing that was out of my control.

by Anonymousreply 27010/14/2013

She's Swedish - they're not typically chatty and gossipy. They can come across as serious until you get to know them. Contrast that to the giggly girlfriends trio of Helen, Kate and Dom. At some point, Alexandria didn't fit in as well withe the other women.

I do think we saw the real Alexandria with the students at her Couture Camp. She lit up talking about and interacting with them.

by Anonymousreply 27110/14/2013

A new tweet response from Helen. Try not to crack a rib from laughing so hard:

"I was at first, but Nina and Zac have a lot of faith in my work. I create high-end fashion, and a reality show isn't going to determine my future successes in the fashion industry. RT @FLH57: @hlncstlldesign Are you at all bitter over what happen to you on Project Runway?"

by Anonymousreply 27210/14/2013

Believe me, Nina and Zac couldn't care less about Helen or her work.

Nina, Heidi and Michael couldn't name most of the designers who've appeared on the show if their lives depended on it. I doubt any of them could correctly give you the names of half the winners.

by Anonymousreply 27310/14/2013

R273, I'd bet off the top of their heads the only contestants they could name would be Mondo and Christian (Siriano), though even that would probably be a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 27410/14/2013

I can only remember 4 but don't ask me to name them.

I wonder if Ken might be the first suicide from the show? I doubt very much that he will ever be able to get control of his anger and arrogance...he'll just have to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 27510/14/2013

Can't he take out wretchen and kenley collins first?

by Anonymousreply 27610/14/2013

R252, there is a 33 year age difference between Tim Gunn and Justin. That's considerable, to be sure, but in what part of Arkansas do you live that you consider Tim old enough to be Justin's grandfather?

by Anonymousreply 27710/14/2013

I'd do Tim. He looks so handsome for his age, plus I met him 2-3 years ago and he truly is one of the nicest, sweetest people you could ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 27810/14/2013

I'm sorry, but Tim's traditional "getting all verklempt in the workroom" seemed very forced and phony. Is there a clause in his contract that he has to come up with one of those little episodes EVERY fucking season?

by Anonymousreply 27910/14/2013

No one as impeccably courtly as Tim Gunn would willingly break down in public, or on camera. When he gets teary, it's for real, in my opinion.

With all the loons and unpleasantness this season, it was more stressful for Tim as well as for the designers. It must have been a relief when it was finally over.

I wonder how Nina Garcia, Chinless Creative Director of MCM reacted when she saw all the workroom meltdowns? I'll bet she questioned their sanity and their taste level.

by Anonymousreply 28010/14/2013

[quote]Does Tim have a drinking problem? Maybe he fell down during a drunken stupor.

I assumed it was a drunken fall. There have been rumors for years now he's a huge drunk, and if you watch the show with that in your head, you'll start to see signs.

I'm not sure if it's been as obvious this season, because quite honestly, I try not to look for the signs. I like him a lot, and I'd rather not focus on the negative stuff with him.

by Anonymousreply 28110/15/2013

I don't believe it, R281. They even said Tim was on a four-hour break in filming. You think he went out, got drunk, fell, went to the hospital for stitches and was sober enough to go back in front of the camera - all within four hours?

by Anonymousreply 28210/15/2013

I feel sorry for Zac Posen. He lost his clothing line, right? He's in the pile with Isaac Mizrahi.

by Anonymousreply 28310/15/2013

R281, have people in rehab been telling you how perceptive you are again?

by Anonymousreply 28410/15/2013

[quote] I'd do Tim. He looks so handsome for his age, plus I met him 2-3 years ago and he truly is one of the nicest, sweetest people you could ever meet.

Tim was hot in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 28510/15/2013

My God R285, that actually is a hot photo. Wouldn't have believed it. Thanks for posting. Was NIna Garcia Chinless Creative Director for MCM ever hot? Must be very difficult for her to be compared to Heidi all the time, as Heidi is not just beautiful but seems to get more so year after year.

Then again, there's Michael Kors and Zach Posen. Does anyone find Zach hot?

by Anonymousreply 28610/15/2013

R286, different standards of beauty have to be applied to Michael Kors, a man who could walk into a wall while sexually aroused and bruise only his navel.

by Anonymousreply 28710/15/2013

OH MY GOD! R287. That is, well, NOT FASHION FORWARD. It's not even editorial. It's, well, something to be auffed.

by Anonymousreply 28810/15/2013

[quote]True, she is a bit aloof but she is older and more experienced than the other designers but I don't think she's ever been malicious or spiteful.

She's a lovely person; she's just Nordic. That's what they're like. The default mode of interaction is a blank stare (onto which can be projected bitchiness) until they know you.

by Anonymousreply 28910/15/2013

I'd take Alexandria's aloofness over whiny, unstable Helen any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 29010/15/2013

ha ha no shit. I'd take being trapped in a room with Alexandria over Helen for sure.

by Anonymousreply 29110/15/2013

R279, and can only happen when the cameras are filming.

by Anonymousreply 29210/15/2013

The real bitches left earlier in the show Sandro and that black guy. Alexandria seems sweet, plus she's from San Mateo, which always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 29310/15/2013

I think Alexandria is gay, and that's one of the reasons she was standoffish with the other women. They didn't show or mention a bf, husband, or kids during Tim's visit. That's highly unusual for an attractive woman in her late 30s.

by Anonymousreply 29410/15/2013

Eh, not everyone feels the need to constantly be in a relationship. Not saying she's not gay, just that the lack of a boyfriend isn't proof of anything.

by Anonymousreply 29510/15/2013

R295, it proves that she's either gay, or has issues. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 29610/15/2013

Or it proves she isn't in a relationship. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 29710/15/2013

Dom's bf left a lot to be desired. She's a cute girl, she could've done better than THAT.

by Anonymousreply 29810/15/2013

I actually thought Helen's bf looked very gay.

by Anonymousreply 29910/15/2013

Alexandria could be casually dating (men or women or both, who cares), or asexual, or in a long distance relationship, or happily single. What does one's relationship status have to do with whether one has "issues"? Helen has issues from here to eternity, and she has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 30010/15/2013

I don't know how I missed seeing Helen's bf.

by Anonymousreply 30110/15/2013

Helen's bf looked around 17 years old. Blonde, skinny and yes, a bit fey.

by Anonymousreply 30210/15/2013

Thanks R302, definitely didn't see him!

by Anonymousreply 30310/15/2013

[quote]I'd bet off the top of their heads the only contestants they could name would be Mondo and Christian (Siriano), though even that would probably be a stretch.

And Casanova, just because he has an unusual brand name (though it's just a fairly common Spanish surname) which Heidi kept dramatically repeating ad nausea.

by Anonymousreply 30410/15/2013

They probably remember Chris March. I certainly remember him. He's my favorite PR contestant evah.

I still miss Miss Kors. I don't know what's going on with his bellybutton and don't want to but I miss him getting his PR bitch on. The episode when he was a guest judge was so much better than the rest.

by Anonymousreply 30510/15/2013

R293, why does San Mateo make you laugh?

by Anonymousreply 30610/15/2013

Alexandria has been aggressively flirting with Heidi all season long. Am I the only one who picked up on this? Alex is a top.

by Anonymousreply 30710/15/2013

LOL, you might be, R307. Alexandria didn't strike me as gay, but Helen did initially, so what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 30810/15/2013

[quote]Does anyone find Zach hot?

I find Zac very hot but that's because I'm a top and he seems like a bottom (though strangely enough, I've heard he's not). So physically, yes, he's just my type.

[quote]They probably remember Chris March. I certainly remember him. He's my favorite PR contestant evah.

R305, do you remember Anthony from a few seasons back? He was one of my faves, too. He wasn't a great designer but had a fantastic personality and everyone there seemed to really love him (even the judges). I always thought wouldn't it be great if they could come up with a show for him and Chris March to do together.

by Anonymousreply 30910/15/2013

yeah Zac P is a power top

by Anonymousreply 31010/15/2013

I don't care what he likes in the sack, he has all the sexual appeal of a used kleenex.

So if Alex is a lesbian and flirting with Heidi....

That explains a whole lot.

Is THAT what happened to Seal?

by Anonymousreply 31110/15/2013

I thought I read about Tim Gunn being a drunk right here on DL.

He's often red in the face when he's on camera late in a shooting day, like when he makes an evening visit to the designers.

by Anonymousreply 31210/15/2013

Will project runway be on this Thursday, or is it over?

by Anonymousreply 31310/15/2013

R306, I'm from San Francisco and it's just weird to see someone from San Mateo, a kind of rinky dink Bay Area town, on Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 31410/15/2013

[quote]I thought I read about Tim Gunn being a drunk right here on DL.

A few years ago, somebody on DL said they saw Tim standing by himself at the Townhouse bar in NYC, so they approached him to say hello. Tim allegedly held up his hand and said that he didn't want to talk to anyone. He then bolted out the door.

by Anonymousreply 31510/15/2013

A guy should be able to get a drink without being bothered.

by Anonymousreply 31610/15/2013

I hate the way Tim is dressing this season. He looks ridiculous in those overly tight short suit jackets and gingham shirts and bow ties.

by Anonymousreply 31710/15/2013

Any photos of Tim out there before he turned grey?

by Anonymousreply 31810/16/2013

[quote]He looks ridiculous in those overly tight short suit jackets and gingham shirts and bow ties.

Pee Wee Herman is his inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 31910/16/2013

I loved Chris March. He would whip out his outfit hours before anyone else and go take a nap.

I agree that Tim's coats are overly fitted. For some reason he is making me sad this season. Wonder what's going on with him.

by Anonymousreply 32010/16/2013

You have serious issues R296. Tons of people aren't in serious relationships that doesn't mean anything other than they currently aren't in a serious relationship.

by Anonymousreply 32110/16/2013

Alexandria created an annual fashion show that's become quite popular. It's called "Love Sick" and occurs on Valentine's Day. Lots of lingerie. So she at least acknowledges love.

by Anonymousreply 32210/16/2013

Tim is not used to all of the drama on the show. The deliberate casting of unhinged contestants in order to stir up the battles is doing him in.

by Anonymousreply 32310/16/2013

Alexandria is suddenly hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 32410/16/2013

I've seen Tim walking in the W Village (once in shorts) at mid-day and his skin is quite pink. I don't think he was drinking, can't be sure, but that seems to be his natural skin tone. OTOH when I see him getting all teary - as he has been doing increasingly - maybe he always did and they edited it out - he does look like someone who has had a couple and gets all touchy feely.

I have fallen up the steps in the subway more times that I want to admit - and I'm not much for booze and pills, as Broadway does not go for that.

by Anonymousreply 32510/16/2013

Whenever I see a celebrity with a red face, I assume they've just had a peel.

by Anonymousreply 32610/16/2013

I'm interested to see who shows up to support Alexandria for her runway show. They always fly in family members and friends to sit in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 32710/16/2013

I believe Alexandria had some of her Camp Couture kids flown in, at least I saw a picture of Nina Garcia with a couple kids identified as her students. I'd be surprised if PR flew in her family from Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 32810/16/2013

Was one of students named Helen?

by Anonymousreply 32910/17/2013

Keller?

by Anonymousreply 33010/17/2013

[quote]I'm not much for booze and pills, as Broadway does not go for that.

It's "booooooooooooze and dope."

by Anonymousreply 33110/17/2013

Did anyone read the "behind the scenes" article about PR over at the AV Club today? Sort of interesting...

And Zac P is a power top?!! What's your source on that?

by Anonymousreply 33210/17/2013

So excited to see Justin's collection!!!

by Anonymousreply 33310/17/2013

Also interesting r332 is the article right before it that interviews a Price Is Right Showcase Showdown winner who describes all the hassles and headaches you have to go through to get your prizes released.

Having to pre-pay the taxes is a big one, especially when you win an expensive trip, which is not easy to sell to pay whomever you borrowed money from to pay the taxes in the first place.

And why am I derailing a bit? Because precisely today yet another cute male gay couple was nonchalantly and very matter-of-factly selected by the coolest host on daytime game shows, Wayne Brady on Let's Make A Deal, and they went on to win a NEW CAR!

OK, to give this post some Runway/Fashion relevance and not be completely off-subject, they were dressed as a soccer player and a referee.

by Anonymousreply 33410/17/2013

[quote]Because precisely today yet another cute male gay couple was nonchalantly and very matter-of-factly selected by the coolest host on daytime game shows, Wayne Brady on Let's Make A Deal, and they went on to win a NEW CAR!

I NEVER watch this show but I just happened to be channel-surfing and saw the two guys and Wayne Brady jumping up and down like crazy and thought it was a cute moment. Funny you'd mention it too.

by Anonymousreply 33510/17/2013

Anyone watching the finale?

by Anonymousreply 33610/17/2013

Alexandria's collection is as bad as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 33710/17/2013

Really her clothes, are weird.

by Anonymousreply 33810/17/2013

I think Dom's collection is the best.

by Anonymousreply 33910/17/2013

I am expecting the guy (not Justin) with the beard to win.

by Anonymousreply 34010/17/2013

I loved Alex's and Justin's. Braden's was a bit disappointing. I also liked Dom's, but I'm not a huge print fan.

by Anonymousreply 34110/17/2013

thank God there is no return of Gretchen.

by Anonymousreply 34210/17/2013

I agree, r342. But then again, the return of Elena is just as bad. I'll never forget LMAO when Dimitri told her, "you wake up angry."

I couldn't stand her in Season 10 and I'm sure I won't be able to stand her in the All-Stars edition either.

by Anonymousreply 34310/17/2013

Wait a minute... Justin's [italic]deaf???[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 34410/18/2013

He's fine R344! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 34510/18/2013

Believe it or not, R344, Justin is [italic]deaf[/italic]. Not only that, he's [italic]gay[/italic]!

The word on the street is that, following his stunning achievements of sucking off Tim Gunn while sewing seams with no benefit of hearing, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences are in the process of creating a special Emmy for him as [italic]Reality TV's Humanitarian of the Year[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 34610/18/2013

Dom deserved the win!

by Anonymousreply 34710/18/2013

Dom is a talented designer and seems like a good person. I don't see how you can begrudge her win, whether her collection is your favorite is a matter of taste but she is definitely a deserving winner.

by Anonymousreply 34810/18/2013

I agree, R347. Dom's final collection, though it didn't, in my opinion, have any of the evening's most cutting edge pieces, the overall collection best demonstrated, compared to the other three competitors, her superior skills and unique talent.

by Anonymousreply 34910/18/2013

[quote]the return of Elena is just as bad.

IMO, she provided for delightful, harmless entertainment and I for one I'mlooking forward to more of her cussing.

by Anonymousreply 35010/18/2013

Besides Braden, Christopher (Rockettes Outfit), and Black Michael (Pam Greer hot pants), were there any other designers who had all the markings of a winner only to choke on the final collection?

Maybe that Drag Queen who got his own show later?

I wouldn't include Mondo, simply because he did not choke - he was robbed, plain and simple...something that was later rectified.

by Anonymousreply 35110/18/2013

Woo hoo! I called the top 4 in PR Part I thread. Although I said Bradon, Dom, Alexandria, and Kate.

The editors have to do a better job at surprising viewers, because I picked out the top 4 way back in week three or four. The editing and the wins make the whole thing pretty obvious.

I was so sad for Bradon. I don't know what happened to him. He seemed so fashion forward and cutting edge, but his final collection was horrible. I agree with Nina, as I saw them come down the runway, I just didn't see the connection between the pieces. So scattered. What a shame, because I picked him for the win.

I knew Alexandria's collection would go over well with the women. I don't know why, but modern women really seem to go for that type of look that Alexandria put out.

I absolutely hate that casual and trashy look, but I guess that women think that it looks comfortable and easy to wear, so they go for it. In my opinion, she didn't deserve second place, but her love to fashion and design are front and center, so I'm okay with it.

Justin's collection was a bit too one-dimensional. Too much sameness, too much white, and kinda boring. I adore Justin, but aside from his white show-stopper gown, the rest seemed pretty meh.

I'm surprised Dom was picked as the winner, because the judges weren't exactly singing her praises.

However, Uli came in second using other peoples' prints, so the fact that Dom created her own prints is significant.

Add to that the way she put the prints together, and I can see why she won. My favorite was her purple outfit with the "plastique," as Heidi put it. That was hot.

Dom seems very sweet and down-to-earth. She's also a confident girl, and put up against the other winners, I thought her collection was better than Chloe Dao's, Wretched Gretchen's, Jeffrey's, and many others, so she's definitely in the middle to upper tier of winners.

I really liked this season, and can't wait to see the bitchiness come out at the reunion. Now on to PR All-Stars!

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 35210/18/2013

[quote]Woo hoo! I called the top 4 in PR Part I thread. Although I said Bradon, Dom, Alexandria, and Kate.

Uhm, so you didn't call it.

by Anonymousreply 35310/18/2013

A boring ending to a season with just two talented designers: Dom and Braden. Braden did not do his best work at the end, Dom did, and so Dom won. She deserved the win, despite the fact that Alexandria must have said ten times it was "her turn."

Now on to AllStars, hosted by the inexecrable Alyssa Milano, possibly the least classy woman in Hollywood. What a horrible choice for hostess.

Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director For Marie Claire Magazine now has a year to get a new jawline. With any luck, Zach won't be asked back. And Tim, poor Tim, can get a new wardrobe with jackets that aren't as tight. Heidi, meanwhile, will probably marry that bodyguard she's been seen with. Fun!

by Anonymousreply 35410/18/2013

[quote]because I picked out the top 4 way back in week three or four

Again, and strictly according to - well - you, no you didn't.

You probably think the Red Sox won the World Series in 86 (if only Buckner hadn't let that ball roll bewteen his legs! Awwww!)

At the roulette table, you probably demand to be paid when you bet on the number next to the winning one.

Have you yelled BINGO! with one number left to go?

by Anonymousreply 35510/18/2013

Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with Nina's resort to adressing Dom with the urban "Girl!" when congratulating her? I mean, I know Nina's Colombian, but her style and vocabulary has never been colored (no pun intended) with inner city jive, and this was a particularly coincidental moment for her to start if it wasn't just because she was classifying Dom.

Especially when Dom's English and demeanor in general is impecably standard.

by Anonymousreply 35610/18/2013

I thought Alexandria's individual garments were superior quā clothes a woman might really buy and wear, but Dom's runway show was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 35710/18/2013

[quote]Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with Nina's resort to adressing Dom with the urban "Girl!" when congratulating her?

Yes, that was just a tad tone deaf. But!... Nina did shed real tears, so I'm sure she meant it with affection.

by Anonymousreply 35810/18/2013

True, R356, but when Dom's model came out, she said "you worked hard, girl," so Nina's "girl" wasn't totally misplaced.

To me, it seemed more generational. Like Nina was trying to seem cool for a forty something year old, talking to a 24 year old.

Nina has many faults, but I don't think she had any sort of biased intent. She seemed sincerely happy for Dom, and even shed a few tears, which I thought her to be totally incapable of doing.

I like Nina, and I think she gets a bad rap here.

by Anonymousreply 35910/18/2013

Why do you think Nina gets a bad rap here? Because people think she has no chin? (But it's true, Blanche, it's true...)

by Anonymousreply 36010/18/2013

Bradon's collection was disjointed. Nina pegged it. Bradon's problem was he could produce stunning single pieces (although I totally disagree on the butter fly dress that was hideous) but when pressed to creat a collection that flows he failed. They are always saying "tell a story." Bradon's just said "I like this one, this one is pretty, I like this one..."

I really enjoyed Justin's and kind of felt it was the best. Dom's was great but I think Justin took more of a risk.

Alexandria's was nice but pretty much she is doing ready to wear and off the rack show does now win.

by Anonymousreply 36110/18/2013

"Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with Nina's resort to adressing Dom with the urban "Girl!" when congratulating her?"

Yes! Super weird. Sad Zac Posen also tried to get urban there for a minute. Whereas Kerry was very much the proper mother hen which I thought was telling.

by Anonymousreply 36210/18/2013

It's true that Zac's suits are way to tight and he looks like he has birthing hips.

by Anonymousreply 36310/18/2013

I liked Dom but not her collection. She created nice prints but didn't use them well, and her outfits lacked cohesion. Plus, she's still best pals with Helen, who continues to spew forth bile and venom. I hope Dom surrounds herself with better people in the future.

by Anonymousreply 36410/18/2013

Did a model really dump coffee on Bradon's dress? Disgraceful and hilarious.

I'm glad Dom won.

by Anonymousreply 36510/18/2013

NIna Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine gets a bad rap here because she's a very disagreeable woman. The people on the set always called her "Meana" although they've stopped doing that in the last few years and now they basically just ignore her. (The crew tends to like Heidi a great deal, and they love Tim. Oddly, Kors was also always considered respectful, considerate, and easy to work with. My friends on the set have no comment on Posen, however--I think people don't take him seriously).

Basically, however, Nina is just a social climbing silly woman who is surrounded all day by women who are richer or prettier or younger. It's not an easy job. But she makes it tough on everyone else--she's just always unpleasant to her inferiors (as Dorothy Parker once said, and just where does she find them?).

There's never any good reason to be mean to anyone. Even if you don't have a chin.

by Anonymousreply 36610/18/2013

Did you really believe, R367, that Bradon or Justin's collection was the best?

I think Alexandria's collection was better than Dom's, but what seems indisputable to me is that both the women's collections were better than the men's.

And Dom was the first African American to win the show ever. Can't you lose the 'victimhood' sash long enough to be happy about that?

by Anonymousreply 36810/18/2013

Maybe if Bradon had poured coffee over all of his pieces, it could have been a unifying element, bringing much needed cohesion to his collection.

by Anonymousreply 36910/18/2013

Deaf Justin's collection was beyond boring.

by Anonymousreply 37010/18/2013

Please! Alexandra? No. Her ideas, for the most part, are simply awful. I have no idea why they were making so much of her designs, I thought sure they were going to give her the win. After they picked Gretchen...who knows what they will do?

I thought Dom had the best collection but I really did like Justin's but Bradon's clothes kind of stick in my mind, I guess I loved the color but Dom, she's kind of perfect.

by Anonymousreply 37110/18/2013

I wonder if Bradon is now saying, "what was I thinking?" I really had picked him to win but I was disappointed with his collection. Still, the colors in his fabrics seem so pretty...

by Anonymousreply 37210/18/2013

I couldn't help laughing at the end when Alexandria said "I'm glad she won. She's a good person. I sincerely mean that" then paused for an uncomfortable few seconds on her anguished weeping face.

by Anonymousreply 37310/18/2013

I think the judges favored Bradon all season, but he blew it at Fashion Week. I thought his collection was the worst of the four. It looked like clothes for a senior.

by Anonymousreply 37410/18/2013

I was indifferent about Alexandria until last night. Her "creations" were generally pretty odd and the whole collection was trying to hard to be edgy. But her tears and anguish at the end creeped me out. I couldn't tell if it was ego or a desperate need for validation. It was too much.

by Anonymousreply 37510/18/2013

My favorite part of Dom's collection was the styling of the models. Totally Afro-Lisa Taylor-Helmut Newton. Especially the hair.

by Anonymousreply 37610/18/2013

I hope Alexandria learned one thing..., a 40 something with thin hair needs a layered cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37710/18/2013

I didn't like Dom's final collection at all. I hated the shiny satin, the plastic peplum, the HIDEOUS bathing suit--really that was a crime, the washed out prints. She did so well during the season and should have won more challenges than she did but that final collection was a let down. Or maybe I just hate the 70s.

Alexandria really understands fabric and she picked some lovely drapey neutrals. Her collection was too focussed. She needed to surprise the judges. Everything was well made and coordinated and her styling was impressive but she needed a show stopper to dissuade the judges from giving it to Dom who did better overall on the show.

I wish Kors had been the 4th judge rather than the usual generic celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 37810/18/2013

I agree, Kors should have stepped in for that last episode.

by Anonymousreply 37910/18/2013

Dom's finger doodle textile designs weren't all that but I like most of her stuff. At least she didn't show a vomitous array of splotchy lines and criss-crosses that pass for abstract like the bolts of child refrigerator artwork contestants have chosen at Mood or designed on their own. Justin's paint splatters looked stupid and his 3-D accessories looked dollar store crap to me. Braedon had good colors and fabrics but was too been there done that. Alex. Too many poopy pants.

by Anonymousreply 38010/18/2013

Dom's swimsuit outfit looks like it was made for Jinkx Monsoon.

by Anonymousreply 38110/18/2013

What to say about the finale show…

Braden. Some of you in the curiously inexplicable “Braden is so hot” club, must have been molesting him in a basement somewhere while he was supposed to have been creating. That first dress of his with the odd marshmallow thing on the bottom looked like something that would come in the box with Trailer Trash Barbie. Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director For Marie Claire Magazine was absolutely correct, that show was all over the place, plus it looked like student work, bad student work. What happened Braden, I had such high hopes for you?

Justin. Just what I've always thought, being the token human interest plot on the reality TV show will get you close, but you don’t get to win. Boring show, blah clothes, AGAIN! At least they weren't horrible like some of his work.

Alex. Evidently muff diving for Heidi doesn't buy the top spot either. Honestly, I like this much better than the cave-woman crap she got away with for most of the season. At least there were hems. But I don’t understand why everyone says that these are “every-woman” clothes. They aren't. if you aren't a size zero 6’ Scandinavian, you’d look ridiculous in any of that. Imagine any of her outfits on a 5’ size 14 Puerto Rican – I know, not pleasant. Of course the Puerto Rican would never dress herself in depression anyway so kind of a moot point.

Dom, I don’t like a lot of prints. However her show was actually a show. She did a good job, and of all of them I can see how her “vision,” applied to her whole collection. Which I suppose is the point. She deserved her win.

Judges.

Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director For Marie Claire Magazine needs Kors to come back. They were good foils for each other. Posen is just not personality enough; he needs to let his inner bitchy queen out to play if he intends to stay, plus he needs a better rug, and suit. Heidi is of course simply Heidi. She probably could pull off one of Alexandria’s outfits.

This is the first season I've watched all of since they moved to Lifetime. They need to go back home, it was a better show there.

BTW, Did anyone know Justin was DEAF AND GAY?

by Anonymousreply 38210/18/2013

In Alexandria's defense, R382, don't most designers only design for size zero, tall leggy models?

by Anonymousreply 38310/18/2013

Sure, but when we hear over and over how "real women" will buy her clothes, she doesn't get a pass for it.

by Anonymousreply 38410/18/2013

Right on, R382.

by Anonymousreply 38510/18/2013

I was the only one who identified Alexandria as lesbian, and I was proven right last night. Her girlfriend is very Plain Jane, btw.

I was shocked at Bradon's trashy family. His mother and sister are so short and fat. His mother-in-law, on the other hand, was quite attractive and classy. It must be very awkward when the two families get together.

by Anonymousreply 38610/18/2013

R386

Why would it be awkward ? He and his partner have been together a long time. I see no reason why the in-laws wouldn't get along

by Anonymousreply 38710/18/2013

Why did you think that was Alexandria's girlfriend, R386? She certainly wasn't identified as such.

by Anonymousreply 38810/18/2013

Seeing the runway shows didn't really give much new to the pics already shown earlier at Tom & Lorenzo. I'm a bit baffled that Dom won, since her prints were clashing so badly with each other, and the Blade Runneresque transparent plastic bits looked like straight from a student show. One plastic little jacket, the one with the purple jumpsuit, did look nice though. Her construction seemed nice, but I seriously disliked most of the heavy fabrics and the prints.

Dom probably won because her show was bolder than Alexandria's which was a bit boring. I predicted from the pics that either Justin or Bradon would win, and really, after seeing the shows it really could've been anyone. Bradon's collection lacked cohesion although had nice pieces in it. It's a shame he decided to do so many different styles of clothing. Had he gone e.g. with the colourful flower fabrics way for all the of the show he probably would've won.

Justin's clothes lacked something to take them to the next level. I didn't like the white fabric he used a lot, since it looked like cheap muslin. I also got a bit of a Star Wars-robes vibe from some looks. 3D-printed accessories, although in themselves looking nice, didn't really fit in with all of the clothes.

Alexandria had just gorgeous and luxurious effortlessness in many of her clothes, and most of them looked very professional. But they were a bit boring so I do understand why she didn't win. I wish she had had an evening dress or long skirts among all those separates since that would've given diversity to the collection. It looked too much of a ready to wear collection when others usually try to take more of a haute couture route. Or I guess it looked too much like the clothes came straight from the store rack, because it lacked certain design-y look. I actually wish that Alexandria would get a deal to sell her designs, since those look something like people would love to buy. Although maybe not with premium prices.

Actually I'm not sure if any of the runway shows deserved to be called a winner since they all had their strengths and weaknessess, but of course that is always the case. But in the end I think the shows were pretty mediocre this time around.

by Anonymousreply 38910/18/2013

R386, that was just a friend. Saw the friend's Facebook page, and there are tons of photos with her and her boyfriend.

I have no idea about Alexandria's sexual orientation, but that wasn't her girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 39010/19/2013

I'm looking forward to the Project Runway Alumni show that starts next week

by Anonymousreply 39110/19/2013

I haven't paid much attention, R391. Which alumni are scheduled to compete?

by Anonymousreply 39210/19/2013

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble seeing threads? The only ones available to me are those that I red-starred.

HELP!!!

by Anonymousreply 39310/19/2013

r389, I am thinking the same about the final collections.

It's funny. So many viewers think that, eg, Bradon's collection was too diverse, not cohesive, too mature. You would think that among his friends there would be someone who would look at it in his workroom and give him the same advice. I can understand why he can't "see" it but do none of these designers show their stuff to trusted friends for feedback?

r392 The angry peanut is coming back, also Elena, the angry Ukrainian. So you can see where this is going. Actually, Elena's final collection in her season was much better than the winner's so I hope she doesn't get sidetracked by dramaz.

r393 It's not just you.

by Anonymousreply 39410/19/2013

R393 and R394, yes, it's just the two of you.

R390, if you researched Alexandria's friend's facebook page, you are taking this stuff much too seriously. Turn off your TV and your computer and read a book or take a walk.

by Anonymousreply 39510/19/2013

When is that stupid Chinless Nina Garcia meme TROLL gonna die in a grease fire? ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 39610/19/2013

I didn't love everything in Dom's collection--hated the blue dress with the plastic peplum, wasn't crazy about the swimsuit--but her prints and styling were fab. I could see Kerry Washington rocking some of those looks. I think she is very talented and adorable and seems like a total sweetheart, so I'm glad she won.

Bradon's was just a mess--very "old" and too many ideas. Justin's was kind of cool in some ways, but much of it was very "meh"...

Have not liked many of Alex's looks this season, but I started to like her more and her collection was pretty cool. If she'd mixed it up a little more she might have won. I think she needs a deal with H & M--- I could totally see her stuff there.

NINA: ok, I've posted this before, but I've actually met her. She was "off duty"-- nothing to do with the show or the magazine. I'm a nobody, and definitely not a fashionista. She was shockingly nice. We chatted a while and she even complemented my outfit. (Head to toe Target btw!) I'm not saying she isn't a bitch at work, but I don't think a "social climber" would waste her time being nice and friendly to a "little person" like me.

Oh, and her chin looked fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 39710/19/2013

I think Dom's collection was more stunning and yes, with two jobs and being young, she needed the money more but I honestly think Alexandria's collection would sell more. I didn't think she was particularly talented during the challenges and her MC Hammer pants drove me to fits of rage but damn if I don't want a pair of those side button pants with the jaunty little hand holder. There are approximately 3 things you can do with pants and Alexandria managed to come up with a completely fresh perspective. I could see Target knocking these off.

by Anonymousreply 39810/19/2013

Go away Nina. We don't want you here R396.

by Anonymousreply 39910/19/2013

R395, probably good advice, but it took less than 5 minutes and I was curious after R386's insistence that she was gay after he saw a 0.5-second shot of her supporters.

by Anonymousreply 40010/19/2013

Alexandria reminds me of Gretchen both in her aesthetic and personality (although Alexandria isn't quite as dour). The right person won - Dom's style is unique and fresh, and she has a good attitude.

I don't think Bradon is "so hot," but he seems like a lovely person. If he's really only been designing for three years, he made a pretty respectable showing. But he still needs time to find his voice.

by Anonymousreply 40110/19/2013

Braden has a TIGHT, delicious little ass that I could eat for days. Can't imagine he's not the bottom in that relationship.

That said, I'm happy for Dom.

by Anonymousreply 40210/19/2013

[quote]So a woman won AGAIN, on frau central Lifetime? Color me surprised. I'm so glad I stopped watching this homophobic show.

A man won last season, R367. Speaking of which, anyone hear anything about how Dimitri is doing? I saw him in the audience at the finale and was wondering if he's had any success since being on the show. Can't remember if he was gay or not, but like Dom he was a total sweetheart and I was glad when he won.

by Anonymousreply 40310/19/2013

Completely irrelevant, but it amused me reading this thread: Two people tried to sound intelligent by using the Latin "ad nauseum" but both failed spectacularly.

R147 chided someone for using the "stupid phrase ad nauseam" (stupid is as stupid does, hon) and R304 thought Heidi repeated the name Cassa NO va "ad nausea."

Ad puke.

by Anonymousreply 40410/19/2013

who are all the fraus on this thread saying they would wear this and that from the show? why aren't you all at bpr, where you belong?

by Anonymousreply 40510/19/2013

R404, I know this will be embarrassing, so I'll break it to you gently. You're wrong. R147 spelled the phrase correctly 'ad nauseam.' You have misspelled it, I'm afraid. The Latin preposition 'ad' takes the accusative case. The accusative of the root word 'nausea' is 'nauseam' not 'nauseum.'

Failing spectacularly indeed.

I hope you're still amused.

by Anonymousreply 40610/19/2013

So who exactly were all these people Justin surrounded himself with throughout his life that told him he wasn't capable of doing anything because of his deafness? I want names and addresses, or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 40710/19/2013

R406 - props for the Latin bitchslap.

Dom's collection was fine, she seemed like a nice girl. None of the four really did much for me.

I didn't see Heroin Helen in the audience, did I just miss her? I saw Unicorn Boy - looking crazy-ass, as usual, and Gay British Dad looking undercover bitchy but fun, as usual.

The ad for the reunion show made it look as if Tim Gunn - at long last - verbally smacked around that awful, Russian, pig-drama queen. I'm looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 40810/19/2013

R404 is illiterate.

Ad nauseam is a Latin term for something unpleasurable that has continued "to [the point of] nausea". For example, the sentence, "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam," signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively, and that those involved in the discussion have grown tired of it.

My statement at R147 is grammatically correct. Why do I suspect 404 is either the chinless troll or the hissing troll, both of whom continue to repeat stupid phrases ad nauseam, never realizing they weren't funny in the beginning?

by Anonymousreply 40910/19/2013

Oh, and thanks to R406 for his erudite post!

by Anonymousreply 41010/19/2013

R407, I think it's more about self esteem because I'm pretty sure many people ignore handicapped people just because they are unsure how to deal with them. When you live in your own world you are not part of the normal people.

by Anonymousreply 41110/19/2013

The interesting part of Justin's life for me was what was only touched on briefly during Tim Gunn's visit to his parent's house. I would have liked to have seen some of Justin's Architecture work or heard more about his time in design school. His parents said he found Architecture unfulfilling and that he found his niche in fashion. Reading between the lines, I suspect that his time in architecture school is where he probably encountered discrimination or faced self doubt as the profession is not very minority friendly. As someone who went through design school myself I can tell you that getting an Architecture degree is by far one of the most labor intensive and taxing degrees that you can pursue. It is just hours and hours of work for 5 years straight. So I give him huge props for graduating and to do so deaf is even more impressive.

I am curious where he got the 3D printer though? I know that the designers have an allowance to create their collections for the finale (a couple thousand dollars) but one of those machines can easily cost 6 figures or more. Only really large architecture firms (100+ people) can afford to buy that kind of equipment and most opt to farm out the work to model-making shops if they need something manufactured for a client. The fact that Justin had one in his studio seemed odd.

by Anonymousreply 41210/19/2013

Justin is a professor at the Design School at NC State. He took advantage of the school's facilities.

I've talked to him briefly at a gay bar in Raleigh before. Seemed like a genuinely nice person.

by Anonymousreply 41310/19/2013

R408, Helen also showed her collection as a decoy, so she was probably backstage mostly. You can see her stuff at Tom & Lorenzo.

by Anonymousreply 41410/20/2013

Be warned, R408, that Helen's decoy collection sucks even more than the three hodgepodge pieces she showed in the first part of the finale. She's delusional and crowing about how brilliant it is though.

by Anonymousreply 41510/20/2013

Betcha Justin is getting laid now.

by Anonymousreply 41610/20/2013

I think Bradon and his partner are loaded financially. I'm glad he didn't win, especially since his final collection looked like he raided grandma's closet.

by Anonymousreply 41710/20/2013

[quote] The ad for the reunion show made it look as if Tim Gunn - at long last - verbally smacked around that awful, Russian, pig-drama queen. I'm looking forward to it.

I have to wonder if it was actually that Southern queen Ken that Tim was ripping on. Tim didn't really seem to mind Sandro that much, but you could tell that he absolutely LOATHED Ken and his bad attitude.

Sandro wasn't even around long enough to be hated so much, but Ken gave everybody a reason to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 41810/20/2013

They don't, R418. He, Dom and Tattoo Helen are besties.

by Anonymousreply 41910/20/2013

I hope Dom has an actual career and doesn't carp out like previous winners.

by Anonymousreply 42010/20/2013

Carp out, R420? Someone should tell her to crape diem.

by Anonymousreply 42110/20/2013

Her business plan doesn't sound very advanced, R420. She's going to create a show for the annual Philadelphia show then beyond that she's hoping Heidi Klum and Kerry Washington will wear her clothes (remember how Heidi told Alexandria she and Kerry would wear her clothes?) and then tell other celebrities about her so they can call her.

Dom is very excited about possibly designing clothes for celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 42210/20/2013

Jeremy has the most potential to make money in the fashion business, but only as an assistant designer for a major fashion brand. He lives in NYC and has connections. The rest of the them live in Bumfucke, USA with no connections.

by Anonymousreply 42310/20/2013

Jeremy makes dowdy clothes that aren't hip or really going to catch the eye of anybody in fashion.

I'm sure he could sell if they were in some flyover department store but that isn't what the industry is about.

by Anonymousreply 42410/20/2013

Were all of Jeremy's clothes older-madame like that? I don't remember, although I remember liking his stuff early on in the season.

Even if he does skew a bit older, there are plenty of rich old ladies in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 42510/20/2013

When they did the scene with Ken in moisturizer whiteface having a meltdown it seemed too over-the-top. That's when I thought the whole thing was fake. The whole show seems fake, it's one big product placement.

by Anonymousreply 42610/20/2013

I don't think Justin's 'deaf gay' schtick ending up helping his cause. He should have toned it down a bit. I didn't hear Dom play the 'I was born a poor black chile' card. I'm glad she won mostly because she seemed mature and professional. I don't recalling her badmouthing anybody. Except for the slipup when the blond woman said "I'm in" and Dom said "OH NOOOOOOOOOO!"

by Anonymousreply 42710/20/2013

Braden lives in L.A., so hopefully he will do okay, too.

by Anonymousreply 42810/20/2013

Jeremy lives in NYC and has multiple NYC connections. He designs for the New York woman and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 42910/20/2013

[quote]He designs for the New York woman and no one else.

I don't know any NY women who would want to wear his fugly old-lady shot but, okay, maybe elderly rich women do.

by Anonymousreply 43010/20/2013

R427, That's an awful imitation of Dom...first off Dom would NEVER use Ebonics...she sounds pretty middle class. I do know she's very hard working - she has two jobs. I don't remember her talking about her family's finances.

by Anonymousreply 43110/20/2013

Dom deserved to win because her designs had a distinctive voice, its young, vibrant and her use of color and prints were unique. My favorite was the butterfly dress. I hope she doesn't disappear like the rest of the winners.

The only one of the winners who has succeeded seems to be Soriano. Where is Mondo? I thought he'd go far like Soriano but IMO, he has a horrible personality; the slightest setback seems to make him depressed. That's why I think Dom should go far because she's so likable and well-adjusted as well as talented.

by Anonymousreply 43210/20/2013

[R427], That's an awful imitation of Dom...first off Dom would NEVER use Ebonics...she sounds pretty middle class. I do know she's very hard working - she has two jobs. I don't remember her talking about her family's finances.

R427 wasn't imitating Dom; his whole point was that she never talks that way or (unlike Justin) dwells on the obstacles she's had to overcome to be successful.

I think Justin seems sweet and pleasant to be around, but he did way overwork the "gay and deaf" thing.

by Anonymousreply 43310/20/2013

Did anyone cringe when Alexandria tearfully pleaded to the judges, "I've sacrificed everything, everything! ....It's my turn, it's my turn.".

So glad the more mentally stable person won.

by Anonymousreply 43410/20/2013

So sick of Bradon and his praying buddha hands gestures throughout the season and then a full on assault after his final runway at Mercedes Fashion Week. Who does he think he is, the Dalai Lama of the gays?

by Anonymousreply 43510/20/2013

Mondo ruined his chances of success in the fashion world by coming out as hiv+. I'm sure he regrets that decision now.

Fashion is all about fun, prestige and glamour, not disease and depression. That's why no famous fashion designer has ever come out as poz, even though many are.

by Anonymousreply 43610/20/2013

Mondo has a new eyewear collection out.

by Anonymousreply 43710/20/2013

R436, I think you are giving his coming out as positive a bit too much negative value. It's exremely hard to break into the fashion industry and I wouldn't say his hiv-status really means that much to many people. I'd rather take a look at his clothes which I never thought were really that extraordinary to make him the hero many people e.g. here seem to think he is.

I actually think his hiv-status has deepened his image and made him more interesting, because his clothes (and the glassed he's designed as well) have lot of playfulness in them but what I remember of him from PR was that he was somehow flirting with death in his imagery and was in many ways a gloomy person. Coming out positive somehow played into his refined 'sad clown' brand.

by Anonymousreply 43810/20/2013

Billy B's fingernails looked even dirtier in the finally.

by Anonymousreply 43910/20/2013

This season started freefalling after the magnificent moment when Sandro's model showed her cooter through the swimsuit.

by Anonymousreply 44010/20/2013

Finale. Not finally. One hopes that that was an automatic correction.

by Anonymousreply 44110/20/2013

I liked how Dom styled her collection. Totally 'Mahogany'. I wonder if she knew that?

by Anonymousreply 44210/20/2013

R441 It was.

by Anonymousreply 44310/21/2013

Dom took the whole thing like I hoped. She's very talented and has pretty much remained relatively nice throughout the competition--she was always willing to help the other contestants too. I would've been fine with Alexandria winning, I liked her collection. I thought it would be either Bradon, Alexandria or Dom.

by Anonymousreply 44410/21/2013

I was very moved by Dom and her family when they all gathered on stage after she won.

by Anonymousreply 44510/21/2013

Jeremy's a British queen and in this entertainment environ, that naturally makes him an expert. Forget that his clothes were hideous and old, people hear the accent and natually assume he's a genius.

by Anonymousreply 44610/21/2013

How many designers graduate each year, just in NYC alone? There are fashion design schools all over the country. Most of the contestants are not talented enough/have the connections to start their own label. Tim Gunn has said that the only one that had the ability and the capability to do that was Christian Sirano and look what he's doing... shoes for Payless and the occasional red carpet gown. The rest have some success locally, Chloe Dao is an example.

I read in Vogue that Phoebe Philo has like 15 designers working for her at Celine. Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein probably have a hundred. Working in the industry and doing small commissions on the side is probably the best these contestants could hope for. I'm talking about the Jeremys and the Helens, people who have a modicum of skill, not the ones who are destined to be auf'd in the early rounds who go back to their small town.

by Anonymousreply 44710/21/2013

Agreed R35! Braden's praying hands were as pretentious and phony as Michelle's baby claps last season.

by Anonymousreply 44810/21/2013

Patricia is dressing all the stylish Indians of Taos, so she has been a success.

by Anonymousreply 44910/21/2013

[quote]So sick of Bradon and his praying buddha hands gestures

[quote] Braden's praying hands were as pretentious and phony as Michelle's baby claps last season

Does nobody know what this gesture is called?

by Anonymousreply 45010/21/2013

^Oops, apparently you can't enter devanāgarī into the by: field. Apologies if it messed up anyone's formatting.

Testing: प्रणामासन

by Anonymousreply 45110/21/2013

Or you could just call it a "wai"

by Anonymousreply 45210/21/2013

WHET that woman - she had a hundred children, rich architect husband (now dead), did a lot of spangly, sparkly low cut dresses that were essentially for herself.

LAURA! Sorry, it took me a while to remember her name.

Has anyone seen/heard what's going on with Laura? Did she design after PR? Is she still designing or did the whole 'widow with a hundred children' thing put the kibosh on any design work?

I always thought she could do pretty well in her own little niche in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 45310/21/2013

Laura's husband died? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 45410/21/2013

I forgot about Laura. I know her collection was one note, but that was one fabulous note.

by Anonymousreply 45510/21/2013

Laura works part time at her husband's architecture firm. She's kept a very low profile since his death just more than a year ago. She still has five kids at home out of six.

by Anonymousreply 45610/21/2013

I guess I'm the only one who thought Braden's finale collection was gorgeous, fabulous, professional, and perfect, and that he deserved to win.

by Anonymousreply 45710/22/2013

You're not entirely alone, R457. I thought that his collection was very polished, and I rather liked adding that coffee stain, as a single flaw, in the Japanese manner.

by Anonymousreply 45810/22/2013

Sorry, Bradon was my favorite designer throughout the season but I thought his collection was quite disappointing. Made me sad because I was so looking forward to what he would do.

by Anonymousreply 45910/22/2013

Shit, how did Laura's husband die? Also, DL appears to have died as well.

by Anonymousreply 46010/22/2013

yeah, Bradon got off track by choosing the wrong fabrics. That blue floral print, using it as a symmetrical print... those prints are passe. Note that Dom did the same thing. In her case, it saved her from having to design a repeating pattern which takes more effort.

He did well when he was given a specific challenge but when the brief is: "do whatever you want with this pile of money", he had a hard time defining his vision. He had *SO* many ideas and he couldn't narrow down his look and he floundered. Even at the end, with the Tide washable dress (stupid challenge), he was still trying to make a tricky unique look to showcase his technique instead of trying to merge it into his collection.

I would like to see his *next* collection though. Hope he does All Stars next time too.

by Anonymousreply 46110/22/2013

That one vest with the floral print panel on the back looked like something a frau would wear to a quilter's convention. Just terrible, Bradon.

by Anonymousreply 46210/22/2013

Laura Bennett's husband, Peter Shelton (of the firm Shelton/Mindel) died of cancer in 2012. He was 18 years older than she.

by Anonymousreply 46310/22/2013

[quote]WHET that woman - she had a hundred children, rich architect husband (now dead), did a lot of spangly, sparkly low cut dresses that were essentially for herself. LAURA! Sorry, it took me a while to remember her name.

You know, precious, you could have *edited* your post when you remembered her name and just asked WHET Laura, instead of doing that cutesy-poo little stream of consciousness thing.

by Anonymousreply 46410/22/2013

R464, you're right, of course (easy for me to say, since I'm not the offender), but isn't this symptomatic of what's happening to our entire culture? People tweet constantly, imagining that others are interested in the minutia of their lives and even their thoughts.

It's one thing to tell intimates where lunch is being served, it's another to tell all acquaintances. Refusing to dam a stream of consciousness seems akin to believing that others are intrigued by examining one's poopie.

by Anonymousreply 46510/22/2013

[quote]Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director For Marie Claire Magazine now has a year to get a new jawline.

And you have a year to come up with a new fucking joke already. I'm sure you won't, but I wish you would.

by Anonymousreply 46610/22/2013

Sorry but did anyone see Judy Jetson in Dom's designs? I definitely did not unless Judy wore tribal prints? That was my biggest issue with her designs, they did not follow her vision. I like Alexandria the best. She had the coolest looks IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 46710/22/2013

Well, the reunion is on and Alexandria is truly creepy. There's something seriously wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 46810/24/2013

Well Jeremy revealed himself to be as big a cunt as Ken in the reunion. And Ken said he woukd have acted better and then joins Jeremy in the pile-on attack on Bradon who then responds to these bitches with class?

Helen is unbearable and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 46910/24/2013

Didn't watch it; what were they attacking Bradon for?

by Anonymousreply 47010/24/2013

Tim Gunn is such a leashed bitch. LOL @ his fit that Project Runway is in NO WAY scripted. LMAO at that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 47110/24/2013

The most unpleasant reunion show ever. The show cast too many psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 47210/24/2013

Way too much focus on Helen in that reunion show and they sat her front and center.

by Anonymousreply 47310/24/2013

Tim has no integrity. Helen is a rancid cooter. Alexandria is going to kill someone and Jeremy is the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 47410/24/2013

Holy fuck on all stars. Andy/Ari is a busted up trannie. Daniel E. is fatter than ever. Love, love, LOVE Korto. She needs to win this one.

Michael knight is completely straight - he's 60 pounds fatter. I don't recognize Seth Aaron and I don't remember Christopher, the mohawk reminds me of that one balled anorexic from the other season.

by Anonymousreply 47510/24/2013

I thought Alexandria and Braden handled themselves with a great deal of class and integrity during the reunion. Helen: Uber bitch. My opinion of Dom and Kate took another big dip.

by Anonymousreply 47610/24/2013

Helen is such a seething cunt. She can't even hide her crazy for 5 minutes. Bradon and Alexandria are total class. Dom and Kate are stupid to be hanging out with her and it makes me wonder if she's a twat too.

by Anonymousreply 47710/24/2013

The rage that Helen and Kate show toward Alexandria is completely out of proportion to anything Alexandria said or did. They both must be seething because Alexandria spoke the truth about them and their clothes and attitudes.

Of course Alexandria is a different kind of crazy, but she didn't manufacture it just for PR - she brought it with her, no one had to pull it out of her.

Ken's faux apologies were ridiculous. And yes Jeremy showed his true colors....jealousy is such a useless emotion.

AND it is always funny when the NO-talents of the group think the only reason they didn't win is because the show is rigged.

I hope Helen disappears - or maybe runs away with one of the many married men who have been tweeting her....or maybe with ONE of Alexandria's ex-boyfriends....

And I hope Sandro never walks ahead of Zac Posen down a dark alley - if Zac has a knife.

by Anonymousreply 47810/24/2013

I follow Miranda on twitter. (I know, I know.) She says she and Alexandria are good friends and that Alexandria is an absolute sweetheart who deserves better than she's been treated. Miranda says she doesn't understand why those two have issues with Alexandria.

by Anonymousreply 47910/24/2013

When Helen asked Alexandria, "Am I crazy?" Alexandria should've responded, "You're downright fucking psychotic!" Alexandria clearly didn't know what the heck Helen was going on about, yet she (Helen) kept pressing, "Why do you hate me? What did I ever do to you?" What a self-centered, immature bitch. Obviously, whatever issues Alexandria had with Helen was the least of her concerns, but Miss Self Important Who Has to be the Center of Attention couldn't understand that. And then there's Kate encouraging and enabling that behavior with her constant hugging, stroking and petting. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 48010/25/2013

Many of them believe the show is rigged, yet would jump at the chance to compete on an All-Star season.

by Anonymousreply 48210/25/2013

Worst season ever. All about psychos rather than clothing. Start bringing back s mentally stable people.

by Anonymousreply 48310/25/2013

How did Helen's crazy tweets sneak by? They even showed her looking slightly mortified when tim mentioned the tweets. She's awful. If Dom was a truly kind person, she wouldn't align herself with that sack of psycho. I also had to laugh at her glamour shots makeup. Bradon impressed me with gis maturity when he was being attacked. Just the right amount of b itchiness too. Ken is so annoying and what was with that one guy's makeup?

by Anonymousreply 48410/25/2013

Did you notice it was Sandro and Jeremy, but not Ken, who bore the brunt of the blame from Tim Gunn, when the conversation turned to the show being rigged? I'm not surprised Jeremy didn't bother to hide his disgust with Tim. And did Tim really have to bitch at Bradon and Jeremy again for Ken's bullshit hotel breakdown? Why didn't Tim just suck Ken's asshole? It certainly couldn't have been any worse to watch than Tim's endless pandering to the nasty, no-talent asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 48510/25/2013

R485, I think you meant Alexander (the guy with the drag queen brows), not Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 48610/25/2013

Your right, R486, I did mean Alexander... not that Jeremy wasn't proving to be his usual snotty, entitled house-frau, bitchy self at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 48710/25/2013

Man, Helen is nuts. I liked when Sandro said "give it up, you'll never get what you want out of her." At least he seems to have learned a thing from his years of being a psycho. And Helen was one of the biggest shit talkers there were. How did they not have a montage of her bitchy comments? I missed a few episodes and missed Sandro and the Wisconsinites drama but even without that the contestant's craziness wore me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 48810/25/2013

I could deal with Helen but Jeremy was the absolute worst. He's also cross-eyed. Crush over.

by Anonymousreply 48910/25/2013

Jeremy's entire wide-eyed, over-enthusiastic demeanor has been off-putting all season. His accent is very strange and affected as well. His treatment of Braden on the reunion was shameful.

by Anonymousreply 49010/25/2013

Jeremy also used his grandmother's death as a storyline. Antyhing to distract from his hideous granny designs.

by Anonymousreply 49110/25/2013

[quote]Jeremy's ... treatment of Braden on the reunion was shameful.

[italic]Shameful[/italic] doesn't begin to describe Jeremy's snide put-down of Braden, R490. Throughout the season, as soon as Jeremy found himself out of the spotlight, he'd say or do whatever he could to bring the focus back to himself... and it was almost always something completely uncalled for, underhanded, belittling and smarmy. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the pissiest queen in PR's history. For a no-talent hack, he throws much too much shade; deep shade being where he should display his dreary junior high home-ec projects.

by Anonymousreply 49210/25/2013

That show was distasteful. Normally it's "yeah we had a few fights but we're all pals now" and that's how it started out... Unicorn, Ken, but then it turned into the Helen show but Tim focused on her annoying work habits. Then came the pile-on on Alexandria.

What was really weird, did anyone else notice that Tim asked a question about Alexandria to the whole group, something about did everyone think she was not a nice person, EVERYONE nodded their heads, like she had said terrible things about them in her confessionals.

Except they ALL made disparaging remarks about each other in their confessional. I don't remember Alexandria's as being especially egregious.

This really bugs me. Alexandria seemed totally blindsided last night. It was bullying.

by Anonymousreply 49310/25/2013

Alexander is seriously deluded if he thinks the only reason he didn't go further is because the show is rigged. He's nothing more than a surly drag queen who sews.

Sandra is batshit crazy, BUT his takedown of Zac Posen was priceless: "He's really, really jealous because I'm younger, prettier, and more talented than him." I bet even Miss Kors got a big laugh out of that one.

by Anonymousreply 49410/25/2013

Wow. I am going to have to watch this. Alexandria is a perfect example of what happens when you try to be an outsider. She always reminded me of the little girl in class who sat alone and looked disturbed, picking her nose. However, she was never really malicious to anyone, she just called it like she saw it.

by Anonymousreply 49510/25/2013

And for the others to react as violently as they did, she must have tapped into their biggest insecurities and truths about them

by Anonymousreply 49610/25/2013

Regardless of how I feel about her, I think it's weird that Alexandria had a seat in the back row.

As Tim said, she was runner-up for the season. The Top 3 usually have seats front and center - but even being in the front row seems like it would have been reasonable. They could have moved fake Drew Barrymore (who didn't speak) into the back row.

by Anonymousreply 49710/25/2013

The pile-up on Alexandria was bizarre. No, she wasn't the warmest person, and it's clear she didn't care about becoming best pals with the other designers, but apart from the occasional remark about Helen's constant meltdowns (which almost everyone complained about), Alexandria's behind-the-scenes comments seemed mostly confined to critiques of people's work, not of who they were as humans. I don't really get where Helen was coming from with the repeated accusations that Alexandria had some deep personal hatred and resentment toward her, and I enjoyed the way that Alexandria calmly insisted she had no idea what Helen was talking about and agreed that Helen might in fact be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 49810/25/2013

The pile-up on Alexandria had a 'Lord of the Flies' feel to it. It made me dislike all of them.

by Anonymousreply 49910/25/2013

I haaated Alexandria's diaper pants but her collection was one of the best that PR has ever shown. I would buy every single one of those pants. And that's why the pile on. Unvarnished jealousy. I think she's the only one with a future and they know it.

by Anonymousreply 50010/25/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 50110/25/2013

R 500 would buy every single one of Alexandria's pants... and R500 is a man! So there.

by Anonymousreply 50210/25/2013

Helen's question to Alexandria as to why she has so much hate for her made her look like a fool and essentially confirmed what Alex was saying about her all along. She is an extremely immature and insecure woman.

by Anonymousreply 50310/25/2013

Helen is a closet lesbian, and her animosity towards Alexandria is rooted in attraction.

by Anonymousreply 50410/25/2013

just catching up on the finale now...wtf Alexandria: I should win because I deserve it!

my gosh, ever heard of hubris?

by Anonymousreply 50510/26/2013

I hated Helen long before watching the reunion, but my god, I wanted to reach through the tv and smack the smirk off her face. The catty Heathers acted as though they never left high school when they're actually in their mid-20s. Shameful behavior. Helen's meltdowns in the workroom are just a symptom of her myriad issues. No professional firm is going to employ that trainwreck of a human being.

Alexandria is an easy target for them because she's different. She's from northern Europe, reserved, and I wonder if she doesn't have a touch of Asperger's. But she's not even a fraction as nasty or vicious as many of the others, including Helen herself. I commend her for showing restraint and not strangling the strung-out, whiny, self-absorbed little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 50610/26/2013

Just watched the reunion episode. Mostly just confirms what we already know about them in turn: lots of immature crybabies. I agree that Alexandria and Bradon both behaved with dignity and class. My estimation of Tim Gunn has gone down a peg though; he really shouldn't be moderating like it was a gossip show. But JEREMY!!! What an utter ASSHOLE! I'm disgusted by his treatment of Bradon. I've had a hard-on of him all season. That killed it.

Oh, well. Back to porn...

by Anonymousreply 50710/26/2013

I was never a fan of Alexandria's. Her finale collection was very good but the poopy pants should have sent her home during the season.

Then I got a load of the Mean Girls ganging up on her in the reunion. WTF? Any time Alexandria would say something - anything at all - Heroin Helen would roll her eyes and give "the look" to Kunty Kate or Dom (who obviously isn't as nice as she pretended to be). It's as if they couldn't stand it that Alex, who was the runner-up, took time away from them running their vapid mouths.

Helen the Junkie wants to be taken seriously as a designer? Not in this life. All three of them will now disappear into the obscurity they deserve - including Dom and her stupid Laverne-letter-on-every-blouse "D".

Alexandria will sell her clothes without any trouble. She handled NPD Heroin Helen beautifully by giving her back absolutely nothing. It drove the little bitch nuts. It did seem as though Alex had been a bit too freshly botoxed. Her frozen face was distracting. Not as distracting as self-conscious, insecure Helen's kabuki "glamour" make-up and constantly smoothing out her thinning hair.

I felt bad for Braden who was his usual class act. Someone should have bitchslapped Jeremy with a fistful of fingerpaints.

Ken was nicer than usual, Justin was Justin. Drag Brows was bitter and delusional. Unicorn boy was less annoying than he had been before. Sandro still needs a good ass kicking, the little shit.

I thought Tim Gunn was fine. Of course he's going to stick up for the show. He's one of its producers now.

Overall, a very bad season. Too much cray, too much product shilling, not enough fun.

by Anonymousreply 50810/26/2013

I still loved this season.

by Anonymousreply 50910/26/2013

Jeremy, Kate and Helen = cunts.

The comment about Braden's proposal was nasty and totally uncalled for. Read: old lady jealous.

by Anonymousreply 51010/26/2013

I think Jeremy was just jealous of the fact that Braden stole his thunder. Now Jeremy isn't the only one with a husband, 2.3 children, and the white picket fence.

by Anonymousreply 51110/26/2013

Frank DeCaro, apparently a friend, has tweeted the news. And Yeardley Smith has also mentioned on Twitter.

But no news sources yet.

by Anonymousreply 51210/26/2013

Do you remember the older guy, Burt, from a few season ago? He would have made mincemeat out of Helen, Ken, Jeremy and Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 51310/26/2013

Jeremy had no problem playing the sympathy card when he tried to pass off his husband's grandmother as his own. He mentioned his kids at every possible opportunity, too. He has no room to talk.

by Anonymousreply 51410/26/2013

r502, nope, a dreaded female. But I can pretty much name on 7 fingers the main variations in pants for both women and men. Alexandria thought of something totally unique. I wasn't even a fan of hers until I saw the pants. And the gang up of the bullies makes me want to see her succeed even more. Until those pants become so ubiquitous that Helen finally gouges out her fisheyes with her serial killer fingernails in despair.

by Anonymousreply 51510/26/2013

Dom, Helen and Kate are younger and they bonded together. You could write them off as Mean Girls except most of the men did not like Alexandria either. I think Alexandria is one of those sneaky people who does passive-aggressive shit and then looks all innocent and ask what is all the fuss about.

by Anonymousreply 51610/26/2013

Fucking Heidi. I'm sure that bitch has some phony excuse for not being there at the reunion and leaving Tim to do all the damage control about the show being so obviously rigged.

Integrity does NOT exist in reality television because reality television is NOT reality.

by Anonymousreply 51710/26/2013

Don't understand why none of the judges were part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 51810/26/2013

They probably have restraining orders on a few of those contestants. I certainly can't blame Zac for not wanting to be anywhere near that batshit crazy Russian.

by Anonymousreply 51910/26/2013

I wonder how well Helen ambushing Alexandria with her victim act was planned in advance because the camera was placed exactly in the right place behind Alexandria to catch the little Jean d'Arc from the best angle when she so innocently pleaded whyyy did Alexandria hate her so? It was quite astonishing to watch those little witches rolling their eyes like Alexandria was the evil queen of the bunch, when during the season Helen was constantly bitching about others, and of course acting unbalanced all the time. Her tweets after the show pretty much tell what she's really like.

Sure Alexandria was weird during the season, and especially in the beginning with her bad-mouthing others. The change from that to mousy loner was so sudden that I wonder if the producers decided to give her a nice cut and left out the bitching or was she in some way coaxed to say bitchy things about others in the beginning? Well, who knows. She seems quite distant all the time but seeing her other side as teacher and being emotional in the end made her actually seem like a nice person. But of course it makes you wonder why so many people seem to dislike her.

I don't really care about Helen or her clothes. She's trying to milk her 15 minutes but I'm not sure she's talented enough to form her own label yet or work for others with her attitude. She's good but not good enough that people will put up with the shit she brings along. And this is really about her behaviour after the show, when she was already out from the show and from the constant pressure. I wonder if Dom and Kate truly understand that them siding with her makes them ugly too?

I thought Jeremy was a cold-hearted bitch during the season and wasn't surprised at all with his Bradon-hating. He really can't stand not being in the spotlight. Alexander's conspiracy theories are a bit sad. Wasn't he quite eneven in his designs? I actually can't even remember any other look from him but the last one with the cross, although I remember vaguely rooting for him so I guess I liked his stuff. He seemed pretty nice during the season but the bitterness makes him very unappealing.

Sandro was sexy and crazy. His anti-Zac Posen attitude is pretty funny, but it's just stupid to start saying bad things about successful people in the public like that. Ken acted like he was on meds and everything was sunshine to him. Nice try, cunt, but people don't forget what you did.

by Anonymousreply 52010/26/2013

They hate Alexandria because Heidi loved her. It's seriously some of the most positive emotion I've ever seen her show towards a contestant. Then put that amazing collection and you see why the little shit vipers turned on her.

by Anonymousreply 52110/26/2013

I sympathize with Alexandria for having to put up with the immaturity of so many of the others but I really respect Bradon for taking the high road all the way through the entire series.

I can't remember him ever having a bad word to say about anyone. Can you imagine the restraint it takes when the producers are constantly in your face in those one on one interviews trying to elicit some kind of negativity from you?

The reunion show really showed Tim to be the major tool he's become in recent years. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 52210/26/2013

I also wonder whether there was any animosity from Jeremy towards Braden during filming that never made it in. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. Does anyone know anything?

by Anonymousreply 52310/27/2013

I agree R522.

by Anonymousreply 52410/27/2013

Yeah, Alexandria chooses to surround herself with fashion obsessed 9 year olds, she handled the fashion obsessed adults the same.

by Anonymousreply 52510/27/2013

Too bad Tim didn't bring up that runway challenge when 3 of the low ranked designers had to refashion an aufed designer's losing design to save themselves.

It would have been interesting to get Jeremy's and Miranda's thoughts on Dom's and Alexandria's takes on their failures.

by Anonymousreply 52610/27/2013

But that would have cut into the reunion time for ugly and vile behavior, R526!

by Anonymousreply 52710/27/2013

R520 makes a very good point about that camera angle on Helen. That was a very unusual shot and as far as I can tell, the only shot of the designers from that side. They had to have known they were going to stage a confrontation between these two and have placed a camera there deliberately.

by Anonymousreply 52810/27/2013

When the designers talked about the show being rigged, they were really talking about the judges' coddling of Justin, but they didn't have the guts to say it.

by Anonymousreply 52910/27/2013

The TV reunion show was rigged as well if they're placing camera angles so they can get the best shots of the combatants.

Tim's example of Mondo losing seemed to defeat his argument as virtually everyone thought Gretchen did not deserve to win. Thus, the fix was in.

by Anonymousreply 53010/27/2013

[quote]They had to have known they were going to stage a confrontation between these two and have placed a camera there deliberately.

Or they've done reunion shows before and know the likely dynamics.

by Anonymousreply 53110/27/2013

R529, that may be, but two of Justin's besties (Helen and Kate) crowed on and on via twitter that he should have gotten second place from among the final four collections.

Helen and Kate strongly allude to the "fix' being Heidi's support of Alexandria's collection.

I don't see how that's a fix. Heidi argued for the aesthetic that appealed to her - then that designer flat out blew away the competition in the finale. Alexandria should have won.

by Anonymousreply 53210/27/2013

[quote]Tim's example of Mondo losing seemed to defeat his argument as virtually everyone thought Gretchen did not deserve to win. Thus, the fix was in.

Way to completely not get it. The audience wanted Mondo to win, he was way more likeable than Gretchen to the viewers, yet the judges still handed the win to Gretchen enshrining a lot of blow back from the audience. That was his point.

by Anonymousreply 53310/27/2013

I loved the way Alexandria answered Helen's rhetorical "Am I crazy?" question. She just mumbled "Maybe" out of the corner of her mouth. Too funny!

by Anonymousreply 53410/27/2013

Even better was the long pause as Alexandria deliberated Helen's question before answering, R534.

by Anonymousreply 53510/27/2013

Has no one heard of hand-held TV cameras? As the action moved between Alexandria and Helen, so did the cameraman. TV cameras are no longer tank-like machines. No mystery there.

I think the allusion to rigging was more about how each week, certain awful designs were considered safe and ignored as though the producers had a definite agenda and were systematically aufing the boring designers.

by Anonymousreply 53610/27/2013

Intentionally placing Alexandria right behind Helen was intentional, though. Helen was making fun of Alexandria by tweeting photos of her father cowering in fear from Alexandria in front of their giant TV.

by Anonymousreply 53710/27/2013

I found the reunion show repugnant.

I'm surprised Tim hosted it as the host is always required to ask embarrassing questions that will make the designers squirm. It was very un-Tim-like.

Bravo to Bradon and Alexandria for not swallowing the bait and keeping their dignity intact.

by Anonymousreply 53810/27/2013

Though I agree you should be careful when picking your friends (or risk being judged by the company you keep), I think Dom deserves a lot more credit here than she's getting. Dom has been nothing but classy from day one and was very poised and reserved on the reunion show. She did not say or do anything mean to anyone during the season nor did she say or do anything mean to anyone on the reunion. So I really don't get all of the "I just lost respect for Dom" stuff some of you are talking about. (Did she tweet something mean or hateful about someone? If so, please post it here and maybe that would change my opinion.)

I also agree that Helen is a complete and utter wacko and the way she went at Alexandria during the reunion was just bizarre (and I thought Alexandria's response to it was right on point). That said, however, I think what's being lost here is that Alexandria wasn't exactly the friendliest person going back to the first day of the season and if Dom dislikes her, maybe it's for that and has nothing to do with Helen and her psychotic issues. As Tim pointed out, Dom just comes off like a good person and I don't think she would hate on someone (including Alexandria) for just no reason.

by Anonymousreply 53910/27/2013

True, R539, but with the following caveat: this show is edited. The producers and editors and, yes, WRITERS (reality shows have writers, folks) chose what goes on the air. Just because the show is edited to make someone appear to be bitchy, or kind, or whatever, it may not be true to the actual events. It is true only to the story the producers wish to tell.

by Anonymousreply 54010/27/2013

Sure, Helen, we believe that those meltdowns you had on the show were the only time you ever acted like that. She thought it was unfair for people to point out the crying and carrying on because potential employers would get a bad impression. Yet, the miserable bitch continues to behave like the bitter arrested-development brat she is all over social media. Nobody's making her look worse than herself.

by Anonymousreply 54110/27/2013

I wonder if the poisonous Helen will show up on a future All Stars? I'd like to see her paired with Gretchen or Kenley.

by Anonymousreply 54210/27/2013

R539, Dom was rolling her eyes and making faces whenever Alexandria spoke at the reunion and giggling along with Helen/Kate. I don't respect that at all.

Dom also said in a post-win interview that Alexandria means no harm but just isn't very cool, or something like that. That's typical high school behavior.

I also felt her post-PR plans are juvenile. She's hoping Heidi and Kerry will call her wanting to wear her clothes and then tell other celebrities about her so they will want to wear her clothes too.

by Anonymousreply 54310/27/2013

Braden needs to trim his beard.

by Anonymousreply 54410/27/2013

Kate tweeted her love to her fellow designers. The only ones not included were Alexandria (of course), Braden, Sue and Karen.

As much as I like Alexandria, I understand the mean girls made her their object of hatred, but why Braden? None of his fellow designers have tweeted him in almost a month.

by Anonymousreply 54510/27/2013

I hated Kate all her first season and all the second one as well.

by Anonymousreply 54610/27/2013

Dom was a disappointment at the reunion but she is very young and I'm sure being influenced by her "friends". For what it's worth, her collection was not that great IMHO. Alexandria's was more cohesive and wearable.

by Anonymousreply 54710/27/2013

Obviously, the Mean Girls were frustrated by Bradon and Alexandria because they refused to join in the daily drama. And they were threatened by their talent.

by Anonymousreply 54810/28/2013

Helen, Ivy, Joshua Love Handles and Wendy need to be a team on the next All-stars teams edition.

by Anonymousreply 54911/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.