Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

First Surface 2 ad released...

And no more silly dancing, but an actually informative ad about the product itself. Weird. :-)

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2013

And another promo ad:

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2013

And the Surface Pro 2 promo here:

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2013

And we can push all this advertising for only $18!

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2013

R3? Do you post similar snark when people post stuff about Apple products? No? I didn't think so. Huh, perhaps you have an axe to grind?

by Anonymousreply 409/28/2013

Surface is truly an amazing device ... or it would have been five years ago.

But with MSFT's usual Johnny-come-lately market prowess, they are wiping up Apple's rear.

Stop trying to "me too," Microsoft.

It's time to INNOVATE!

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2013

Surface is actually pretty innovative compared to the iPad. For about the same size and weight, it simply is much more capable and powerful, and the 'blade' snap-in touch keyboards are a definite innovation (and the new backlit ones that are even thinner are very cool). Look at the new one for DJs (and DJ wannabes) they came out with. Lots of potential there. Never mind being able to run FULL Office, run touch-screen apps side-by-side, and sync easily with your Win8 PC in ways the iPAD just can't do with your Mac.

The only problem is that the ecosystem is years behind the iPad/iOS ecosystem. But of course that's a solvable problem, and it's a growing ecosystem too. Soon (next year) developers will be able to write apps once that run across Windows/Nokia phones, Surface tablets, convertibles, laptops, desktops and gaming consoles.

It's a good, and innovative vision. It remains to be seen if they can realize all that potential, and get more than a small minority to buy into it.

And then there's the Surface Pro with its digitizing pen, touch screen, and full Windows app compatibility. I bought one, and have an entire enterprise app running on it (web-server, SQL database server, etc.) and it's running just as fast as my desktop at work. When you add the new dock, it's a definite win for people who want a desktop experience and then just pick it up and take it on the road. And graphic artists and web-comic/artists love it for the pen and the ability to sketch & draw & create anywhere they are.

Yes, this sounds like a commercial, I know, sorry... but the claim that it's not innovative is kind of bullshit, and there are a lot of target niche markets for this thing already. I think it's wrong to be so dismissive.

At least they aren't doing more stupid dancing commercials.

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2013

Steve Balmer truly is the autistic version of Jon Ivey.

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2013

There's some truth in that, R7. But... Steve Balmer isn't a designer. He's a businessman. So he's not really nearly as talented as someone like Jon Ivey.

BTW, here's the new Windows 8.1 preview ad they're running:

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2013

I figure if there can be a half dozen threads on iOS7 and the new iPhones, this forum can probably support one thread about the Surface & Win8.1 announcements...

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2013

pre-orders seem strong.

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2013

The iOS 7 threads were not created to run Apple's advertising spots.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

Potato, potahto, R11. Same effect.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

Judging by the interest in this thread, Microsoft has another expensive lemon on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Now here's something interesting -- ever wonder what Siri looks like?

It's Susan Bennett.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

R13, well, the pre-orders are selling out at least. And they fixed most of the issues with the first generation.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

Does BestBuy have a 30-Day money-back guarantee?

Bet they'd get back a lot of these:

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2013

Actually, R16, the Surface Pros sold well and people who have them generally love them.

It's the Surface RT that had issues with returns and demand... because people apparently didn't understand it was like an iPad, not a laptop, and that it couldn't run any Windows 7 desktop apps... only the new "tablet" style Windows 8 apps.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2013

The latest Windows 8.1 ad is released. I have to say, I like these ads better than the Windows 8.0 ones. They actually show features and why you'd want this thing. Shocking.

Windows 8.1 is released on Friday... Windows 8.0 users get it for free. Everyone else has to pay through the nose, or get it with a new PC/Tablet/Laptop. It's really a ton better than Windows 8.0, imho.

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2013

The latest ad... again, a good one:

by Anonymousreply 1911/05/2013

And the best Surface 2 ad in a DL thread goes to...

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.