Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alanis Morissette sued by former nanny over work conditions and pay

Alanis Morissette and her husband Mario Treadway are being accused of making their son’s former nanny stay in their son’s nursery all night and not allowing her any meal breaks.

According to TMZ, Bianca Cambeiro, who was the night nurse, alleges in her lawsuit that, “Alanis effectively held her hostage inside their baby's bedroom while he slept, ordering her not to leave under any circumstances . . . not even for a break to eat.

Bianca was only allowed relief if one of the child's parents was in the bedroom . . . or if the day-shift nanny replaced her. That's it.”

According to Radaronline, “The former employee contends she was never paid overtime and was denied rest and meal breaks daily, and also traveled with Morissette on tour and worked seven days in a row on seven different occasions.”

The nanny, who started looking after Alanis’ son Ever Imre in 2011, is asking for $100,000 for emotional distress and $30,000 in unpaid overtime. She left the job in March of this year. The lawsuit was filed Thursday in L.A. and there has been no comment from Alanis.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2013

Isn't it ironic?

by Anonymousreply 109/27/2013

What part of "quitting" does this idiot not understand?

How to get ahead, by suing your way to fame and fortune!

by Anonymousreply 209/27/2013

Over the top. Is their something medically wrong with the kid that someone needs to be in the room with him all night?

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2013

Why didn't she RUN out of the interview?

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2013

Funny, the nanny for Yannick Noah's youngest son is accusing the Noahs of similar treatment

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2013

[quote]What part of "quitting" does this idiot not understand?

Probably the part where she's expected to support herself during an economic downturn in a field where employment is contingent on references, Barbara Bush.

Quite a privileged life you must lead where "just quitting" a job is always an option.

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2013

It seems like it's coming to the point where it would be less of a hassle to just raise your own kid.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2013

hold up she couldn't stuff a pb & j sandwich down her shirt and eat it while the kid was sleeping?

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

I thought Canadians were supposed to be a nice people.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013

It's so hard to find good help these days.

by Anonymousreply 1009/27/2013

Papa respect your princess so she will find respectful princes familiar.

by Anonymousreply 1109/27/2013

Good thing Consuela doesn't have access to this kind of trash

by Anonymousreply 1209/27/2013

A Canadian nanny also tried to sue Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries. Is this a thing in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2013

I'm surprised. If this is true, I never would have guessed Alanis would be like that. She seems so mellow and nice.

by Anonymousreply 1409/28/2013

*shrug* If you're going to have employees, it's good to know what the laws are so you comply. That's on Alanis.

by Anonymousreply 1509/28/2013

Who needs nannies?

by Anonymousreply 1609/28/2013

R2 Which would have only led to them exploiting the next employee. Sounds like the argument of corporations treating their workers like shit, saying that they could just leave if they don't like it. We didn't move on from the horrible conditions of the industrial revolution with that kind of attitude.

Got to love rich people who can afford to pay and treat their employees well but treat them like shit.

by Anonymousreply 1709/28/2013

Prove it R17. The cunt nanny can say whatever she wants.

by Anonymousreply 1809/28/2013

Oh, please. It's clear no one on this thread is a business owner. This kind of fraud is routine these days. Sleazy ex-employees and their greasy lawyers are always looking for ways to game the system and get something they didn't earn. It's criminal. I wish there were severe penalties for these shit stains and their ambulance chasing lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 1909/28/2013

R19 Ah, a holy employer who would never exploit his employees. Riiiight. XD It's simply. If you treat them properly, they don't sue you. If they do, you have a habit of treating your employees like shit.

by Anonymousreply 2009/28/2013

That's our excuse!

by Anonymousreply 2109/28/2013

[quote]If you treat them properly, they don't sue you.

Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 2209/28/2013

I've got one hand in my pocket....and that's where my cash is staying, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

It may be a jagged little pill to swallow, but pop star Alanis Morissette looks happy despite being sued by her former nanny.

The musician put worries about the impending suit aside on Wednesday and was all smiles as she braved the damp weather to hit the gym in the neighbourhood of Brentwood, California.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.