Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blake Shelton Tells Westboro Baptist Church: "Blow Me"

Blake Shelton Tells Westboro Baptist Church: "Blow Me"

by Josh Grossberg; Today 11:14 AM PDT

The Westboro Baptist Church is Startin' Fires with Blake Shelton, and they may come to regret if he has anything to say about it.

After the group known for its vehement anti-gay protests announced on Twitter its plans to picket his Oct. 3 concert in Kansas City because they believe his second marriage to Miranda Lambert makes him a "vulgar adulterer," The Voice judge fired back with some harsh words of his own.

"Hey WBC.. I've got one more sin for ya... Blow me," Shelton so tweeteth back.

The response came after the group accused him of leading his "4 million plus followers to hell w/you" and claiming his "sin" is to blame for gay marriage.

But the 37-year-old country crooner didn't seem bothered by the group's threats.

"Oh no! Not a picket! What will I ever do?!! The dreaded wrath of the picket!!" he wrote in reply to one mystified follower's question as to why they're targeting him.

And the ridicule didn't end there. Here are some other choice tweets:

• "Hey @WBCSays…This isn't about God. It's about me using this opportunity to make y'all look like the absolute complete dips--ts you are"

• "Y'all may want to keep an eye on ur women at my show.. I've got a few band and crew guys that'll be smacking that holy ass!"

• "You know what else god hates? Inbreeding... "

That last tweet included a pic of a female Westboro member holding up a sign saying "God Hates Bill Maher." He then unfavorably compared the woman to Napoleon Dynamite.

Hey @WBSays…How'd you get Napoleon Dynamite to picket for you?!! That's awesome!" he joked.

The Westboro congregation, of course, is known for launching protests at the funerals of fallen American soldiers and its members have threatened to do the same at the funerals of such celebrities as Elizabeth Taylor and Natasha Richardson.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

who cares! he too is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2013

good for Shelton. I'm not even a fan but I love that he told them off.

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2013

I like him but not his music.

I think he's one of the few country singers who stands up against bigotry and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 309/27/2013

R3 what? are you kidding here or you are just a self loathing moron. didn't he said he will beat the shit out you if you make a pass at him.

by Anonymousreply 409/27/2013

I agree with r4, his tweets weren't pro-gay, he completely ignored how Westboro linked gay marriage acceptance to his adultery. He was just mad they went after him personally, and had no intention of offending his homophobic nitwit fans with even a single pro-gay tweet. Even homophobes are embarrassed by the Phelps family, the way my homophobic dad was embarrassed by Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 509/27/2013

Why do I get the feeling there's at least one person from Westboro who would be happy to oblige?

by Anonymousreply 609/27/2013

There are two, separate camps with those who hate WBC. Those who hate them for protesting soldier deaths/children's funerals and those who hate that along with their anti-gay activities.

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2013

If the Westboro Baptist Church does not want to blow Blake Shelton, I will do it.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.