Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jane Connell Dies at 87

Best-known as Gooch in "Mame."

by Anonymousreply 1109/26/2013

Already a thread. You think DL would have missed that one?

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2013

But what do I do now?

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2013

This thread is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 309/26/2013

Only-known as Gooch in "Mame."

by Anonymousreply 409/26/2013

I like this thread better than the other one. There are comfortable chairs here, and the plants in the window are very soothing.

by Anonymousreply 509/26/2013

Not really, R3

by Anonymousreply 609/26/2013

Be good and considerate and wish to Mrs Jane Connell bon voyage R4 and all the other cynical bastards. All the other words are redundant.

by Anonymousreply 709/26/2013

There's just something about this thread.

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2013

For almost half a century, Jane Connell counted among the busiest character actresses on Broadway.

'There's no question that theater has changed through the years. The one thing that bothers me is that so many of today's young actors come from television and have not been taught theater technique. They don't realize when they're upstaging you. It's not done out of meanness or trickery. They just think there's a camera over their shoulder that is filming the other actor. But I don't complain about it. I just look out front and deliver the lines.' -Jane Connell

'I was born a character person. I was always eccentric, never a conventional beauty. I grew up in the Depression, the youngest of four kids. I wanted to make people laugh, because making my family laugh helped us forget our concerns. And I found that I could do it.' -Jane Connell

by Anonymousreply 909/26/2013

I lived, I lived (until I died, that is).

by Anonymousreply 1009/26/2013

I hope the mortician has sixteen egg whites and a small chisel.

by Anonymousreply 1109/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!