Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christine Mc Vie rejoined Fleetwood Mac for one song in London tonight.

It was magical.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013

That f*cking b*itch!!! I paid a King's Ransom to see FM in Los Angeles only to realize that she sings all of my favorites:

You make loving fun

Say you love me

Hold Me

Little Lies

Only over you

Think About Me

Oh Daddy

They are less then 2/3 of the band without her.

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2013

Not for me, r1. Saw them in Denver sans McVie and I didn't miss her at all. Lindsey and Stevie ARE Fleetwood Mac!

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2013

There is a big part missing without her.

by Anonymousreply 309/26/2013

Christine threw some really wild parties back in the day, but remained a very kind, down-to-earth lady.

To me, Christine IS Fleetwood Mac--her sensual voice is the counter to Stevie's flight of fancy operetta.

Christine is the most underrated singer of her time.

by Anonymousreply 409/26/2013

She is absolutely amazing live.

by Anonymousreply 509/26/2013

R1, how could you blame anyone but yourself for your astonishing ignorance?

by Anonymousreply 609/26/2013

It's wonderful, just wonderful, that she did this. One can understand retirement, and respect it, but a gesture like this is energizing and nothing is as sweet and validating as reunion.

by Anonymousreply 709/26/2013

So jealous of those who got to be there...Love McVie.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2013

I am astonishing but not ignorant and if there is any blame it is yours R6 because I'm perfect.

I forgot that I also love "Everywhere."

by Anonymousreply 909/26/2013

I don't miss her in the act either. It's Lindsey who is Fleetwood Mac. He is a power house and never leaves the stage in their current show. The band would be nowhere without him.

However, it's nice that she got up there with them for a song.

by Anonymousreply 1009/26/2013

It was announced that she'd appear on two dates. She must need cash. The last time she performed with them was back in 1998. She never retired. She cut a solo album back in the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 1109/26/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2013

She will only appear in the major markets of London, Paris, and Los Angeles. Every other city is flyover to them. Sorry, New York and Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

[quote]She never retired. She cut a solo album back in the 2000s.

She retired from touring. I think she'd gladly record new music with them if they didn't expect her to tour with them.

I think if they ever make new music again, they need to welcome her back with open arms and accept her terms.

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2013

She looks incredible for her age. Most of her contemporaries are washed out, messed up or look terrible by now. She and Nicks are exceptions; but I have to say I was stunned by how good McVie looked in recent photos. Retirement did her good.

by Anonymousreply 1609/26/2013

[quote]Everything McVie sang was merely intermission music to fill in gaps between the hits

You're an idiot.

I prefer her songs to Stevie's.

Little Lies will always remain my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2013

R9, at least your twaddle appears to emerge from its fog with a good-natured tone. Actually, I intended "ignorant" in a rather innocuously accurate way - meaning you just didn't seem to know your passion for McVie's work was misconnected to her not being anywhere close to the stage for a very long time. I apologize for any ripple in your fabulousness.

But if you're going to a McCartney concert looking for the treat of John singing "I Am the Walrus," please consult a reference. We wouldn't want this sort of thing to happen again. You're too great for that.

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2013

r12 must be a dolt. Christine Mc Vie wrote and sang the most FM hits.

Over My Head Say You Love YOu Make Loving Fun Don't Stop Think About Me Hold Me Little Lies Everywhere

Not to mention a bunch of other great songs that weren't released as singles. Most of the melody from The Chain came from a song of hers.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!