Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Jennifer Lawrence set to be the most successful actress in hollywood history?

Things seem to be going very well for her. It seems that way.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013

OP, you're just going to set him off. He won't like this.

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Way too early to even speculate. She could manage to end up having an epic career in the business. She could have a career that completely falls about in 5 years. She could become some crazy drug addict. Who the hell knows.

So much success thrown on her so fast is a dangerous game to play and the entertainment industry is a rough one to deal with and it can and does eat you alive. I wish her the best personally.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

She is very inspiring to fat girls. She shows them they too have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

click click click r4

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

Most successful of her generation if she stays healthy, sober, sane,

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

The Magic 8-Ball says no. She'll make some movies that bomb and will be a has-been before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

She's not even pretty. Lucky girl.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

What the fuck is a Jennifer Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

It's too early in her career/life to tell, OP. With a Best Actress Oscar at 22 years old she's certainly well-positioned.

Naturally, I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

I'm sure she'll do fine. No such thing as peaking too early.

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2013

She's certainly on track to do well. But as said, its way too early to make any predictions.

After all who would have thought even 10 years ago that RDJ, then just out of prison, would a decade on be the biggest and highest paid A list actor on the planet; while Tom Cruise, at that time the biggest star in the world, would become a massive joke?

Fates turn on a dime in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2013

No, I'm set to be the most successful actress in Hollywood history.

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2013

She is making a lot of good choices in terms of film roles, or someone is helping her make good choices. Of course, at this point she is probably being offered the best roles.

by Anonymousreply 1609/26/2013

Could very well be, but in this day and age her people have to be very, VERY careful about overexposing her. We build them up to tear them down now. One day it's "everybody loves Jennifer" and the next it's "ZOMG I'm so OVER her."

She's attached to so many big, serious sounding projects at a young age it's kind of startling. It would be nice if they combed through all the rubbish and got her a killer romantic comedy script so she could play to her natural charms a bit more.

But yes this much success at a VERY young age could also be very dangerous. I hope she's got good solid people in her life that aren't a part of the Hollywood machine.

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2013

She doesn't have star power, very little charisma, mediocre acting kills. She doe's not have an interesting face.

She is the IT girl of the moment, just like Emma Stone was 3 years ago. Longevity, I doubt it!

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013

I thought that was Sandra Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2013

[quote]Is Jennifer Lawrence set to be the most successful actress in hollywood history?

Please, she has awful long way to go. Katherine Hepburn was in pictures for 50 years and add another fourteen for her TV work after that. She has four Oscars on twelve nominations ALL in the leading category.

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2013

No i suppose. Why did you think that Op?

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2013

Like others have said, WAY too early to tell. If she is sane she has a much better chance. But even some of the sane ones disappear. I think she's pretty and like able.

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2013

Right now she is the most successful of her age. but it might not last. She is really lucky. she has gotten blockbuster roles on top of serious dramas. Not many actresses/actors can do this. They are mostly placed in one category.

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2013

Apparently she's going to be in a Dumb and Dumber sequel.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

She's the Adele of moviemaking!

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

Why do you say that R26?

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

She's been very, very lucky so far. But nobody's luck holds out forever.

Her winning an Oscar was a fluke; she was definitely not deserving of it. She's just the current Hollywood "it girl." It's not going to last.

It's kind of strange, but she's generally cast in roles that she seems really unsuited for in terms of appearance and age. She gets the roles because she's the "it girl" right now.

I remember her in "Winter's Bone." She was some poor girl living in abject poverty...and her skin and hair were lustrous and perfect!

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

i'm surprised at the amount of attention she is getting. I don't see her having much staying power since she isn't going to be on the cover of the next maxim nor does she possess the kind of talent of meryl streep.

by Anonymousreply 2909/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!