Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Revolution - Season 2

Anyone still watching? It feels like this series is finally hitting its stride...

by Anonymousreply 1710/30/2013

When does it start?

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

New season premiered tonight at 8. I think they put it on Hulu pretty quickly if you missed it.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

What's going on with the white kid with the yellow skin on Revolution?

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

I gave up after three or four episodes last year. I haven't heard anything to make me rethink that decision.

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

So how was the season two premiere?

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

I agree it kinda sucked last year until the last half dozen episodes or so. I stuck with it because someone I know works on it. Tonight's episode was pretty good though. Maybe an anomaly, but hopefully a sign of good things to come.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

Colm Feore was the only redeeming thing about this show. Too bad he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

I tried really hard to make it through Season 1 on netflix. I love the concept. I got through episode 7 because I like to see things through but just couldn't take it anymore, despite Gus Fring as part of the cast.

The dialogue and acting is really bad. And the main character looks like she grew up in a trailer park and I was not interested in her, nor was her behavior plausible for her situation.

I rate the show D+.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

Same, R10. Even Giancarlo Esposito's deliciously expert scenery-chewing couldn't save it for me.

The lead actress is hot enough, but I couldn't take her crying in every episode.

And I still want to know where they're all getting their awesome leather jackets.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

I liked it.

Was sad for a few minutes after some events. But glad to see it wasn't the case.

They need more scenes between Miles and Monroe. They really do have great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

For anyone curious, the power was only on for a couple of minutes total - apparently not long enough to play an entire record on a jukebox in that one bar.

Elizabeth Mitchell had Google Guy shut it back down as soon as Colm Fiore launched the nukes (and shot himself in the head) as we saw at the end of last season. The idea was that the missile guidance systems would fail with the power shut off again, and they couldn't hit their targets of Atlanta and Philly.

Although we didn't see this happen, it sounds like that was only partially successful. The nukes still landed relatively close to their targets, killed lots of folks, and dished out nuclear fallout in the areas.

The majority of the episode is 6 months after the day they restarted and restopped the power. There are some flashbacks to explain bits and pieces of what happened in those 6 months, but there is more story to tell.

Either the new day of the week, or the new timeslot, or the general disinterest in Season 1 resulted in a low TV rating for the Season 2 premiere. Last night's episode tried the record low TV rating for the series so far.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

"What's going on with the white kid with the yellow skin on Revolution?"

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2013

Tonight's episode was pretty terrible. I understand the lights are supposed to be out, but did all the fight scenes have to be so dark you couldn't tell who was hitting whom? Pretend the moon is full, or write it so there's a torch nearby casting some light. As it was, the fights were fake foleyed fight sounds on a completely black background. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1510/02/2013

I think the show just crossed over into the kind of territory that makes it too goofy for me.

Whatever special power Google guy now has since he died and the midichlorians (or whatever the micro machines are called) brought him back to life is too much.

by Anonymousreply 1610/19/2013

I liked seeing Zeljko Ivanek in the last minute there.

by Anonymousreply 1710/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!