Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think Sally Fields deserves a better career?

I mean seriously. She's won two Oscars and an Emmy and she's not even an A-lister. She's so pretty too even at age 66.

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2013

Not all of us can be A listers dear. It takes beauty, talent...youth.

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

No, because she's had a great career. Anyone who'd like to be a well-regarded working actor would be overjoyed to have Sally Field's career.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

Sally was the lead of a TV show at 19 and had a fantastic career. She's worked for a long time so maybe she is quite happy after the grind of long days and months on Brothers and Sisters to enjoy a bit of time not working. I'm guessing it's more a choice rather than getting no offers.

Of course any really good, high profile roles for Sally's age will be offered to Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

The name is Field.

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

OP, doesn't your post answer itself. She won TWO Oscars. Most actresses don't even get one.

She's had her moment in the sun, but did get an Oscar nomination last year for "Lincoln".

She's done better than 99% of women in the business. Not everyone can be at the top all the time.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

OP, she went from "Gidget" and "The Flying Nun" on TV to two Oscars.

That almost NEVER happens.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

Once she played Tom Hanks' mother, her leading status on film was doomed.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

For someone who grew up in the business Sally is remarkably normal. She has had a great career, respect from her peers, three sons who adore her and enough money to do pretty much as she pleases. Sally feels both lucky and grateful.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

[quote] Sally feels both lucky and grateful.

She'd still like to be up there with Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

Did she say that, R9?

by Anonymousreply 1009/27/2013

r10

Yes, but don't tell her I told you.

by Anonymousreply 1109/27/2013

That bitch did fine. Lord have mercy. Put her ass in a dung hut in Africa for a week. See how much she longs for a better career after that.

I can't say shit... I see younger guys at the grocery store, in nice clothes, fitter than I was at that age, driving off in a nice car, and all my talk about accepting my age and my life til now flies out the window. I end up sitting in my car in the parking lot feeling sorry for myself for getting older. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 1209/27/2013

I love her pecan pies.

by Anonymousreply 1309/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.