Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hannibal, the series (first season)

I'm watching it on DVD for the first time and I have more questions than answers.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

Why are all the characters so much richer than they could possibly be in real life? For example, Garret Jacob Hobbs, "The Minnesota Shrike," the first serial killer Will Graham catches, is supposed to be an unemployed pipe fitter but he lives in a McMansion.

Also, who in the world would ever elect to go see Mads Mikkelsen as a psychiatrist? He's creepy and he never smiles. And why don't they figure out he's a serial killer himself since he's so creepy?

And why did they cast Molly Shannon (of all people!) as one of the serial killers?

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Because the show is unrealistic network crap, r1

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

I tried this but it didn't hook me so I ditched it after two or three episodes. Mostly because I found Hugh Dancy uncharismatic & annoying and the storylines didn't seem very clever to me - more gore and blood than anything else. I liked Cobie Smulders most.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

The Blacklist is the Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal knock off we all ready wanted. Will Graham is a weakling. I tried to root for him but he's so a sniveling loser. By mid-season, I was hoping Hannibal would just eat him and get it over with. The show started so well. We already gladly stretched our imaginations to accommodate his special skill..did they really have to stretch his illness and let it dominate the whole rest of the season. A few exciting episodes then you couldn't tell what's actually happening, what will is seeing because of his skill, or what is truly not there. Why not just have him do mushrooms, then we'll have 4 stages of potential reality. 3/4ths of the season sucked!

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

ready=really* whoops

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

Is it going to be canceled, or will it return this season?

It's the first time I've ever seen Raul Esparza up close. He really has a face that was made to be seen at a great distance onstage--his eyes are too huge (with dark circles under them) for him to be a screen star, though he's got a nice trim muscular body under his suit.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.