Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lance Bass Knows 'Tons' Of Closeted Celebs, Would Lie To Help Them Stay Closeted

Lance Bass says he knows "tons" of closeted gay celebrities, but he has no intention of outing them any time soon.

The former NSYNC'er appeared on Bethenny Frankel's show, "Bethenny," Sept. 19 and played a round of "Would You Ever?" backstage. He pulled questions out of fish bowl, one of which was: "Would you ever lie to help a closeted celebrity stay closeted?" "Yes, I would and I have," Bass says in the episode set to air Monday. "I know tons of celebrities that are in the closet right now. But it's up to them to decide if they want to come out or not. And I will support any decision they make."

Last week, straight French actor Gilles Marini paid a visit to Frankel's show and also discussed the subject of closeted celebrities, but he had a different take. “We’re in 2013. I think it’s very uncool to be in the closet nowadays," he said, adding,”Don’t stay in the closet. You’ll only hurt your heart and, down the line, probably your family. They need to know the truth about what you like and what you want in life.”

Bass certainly knows a bit more about being closeted. The 34-year-old didn't publicly come out as gay until 2006, years after NSYNC announced their hiatus.

Last year, he told Ricki Lake he was scared the revelation would "completely ruin" the band. "I didn’t tell a single person when I was with NSYNC, I didn’t tell a friend a family member nothing like that,” he said. “As long as I was with NSYNC, I didn’t date a guy, I was completely asexual.” Ultimately, he decided to be honest. “I would rather be in a position where I could help other people than be the biggest superstar in the world and pretend to be straight.”

by Anonymousreply 28310/27/2013

Wait, he was closeted? Oh an what other celebs does he know except Z list celebs?

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Hmmmm....which stars did he lie for?

Miss Timberlake?

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

He knows lots of closeted celebs. They are embarrassed to admit they are friends with Lance Bass.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

Someone here needs to get him drunk and ask him to dish the dirt

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

I know he dined out with that "footballer" Ronaldo tha. Fangirls at rihanna concerts and had a kid via surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely gay. Very weird thing going on with the surrogate, pings to high heaven and his gfs/sex stuff in the papers look like Max Clifford style set ups.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

Lance Bass was actively closeted for years and years while he was famous.

He isn't in a position to judge people who aren't out when he himself was a closet case back when it actually mattered.

If he did try to pass judgement on them he would be the biggest fucking hypocrite, regardless of whether you think being in the closet is wrong and cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2013

Back in 1997, I saw NSync being interviewed for the first time after performing on a TV show and I sae Lance and I knew immediately that he was gay, the dude had the worst case of "gayface" I've ever seen

He was only "closeted" to the legally blind

by Anonymousreply 1009/26/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2013

Some out celebs will do almost anything to get himself into the limelight, right Lance Bass?

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

[quote]Justin is Bi Bi Bi

at least least least

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2013

But weren't all gay men closeted until they got the courage to come out? Were you outed by someone on television or in the newspaper or did you do it when you were ready to do so?

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2013

[quote]Saying somebody is gay isn't passing judgment

Both out and closeted gay people have rights for their private life to be respected. Telling the media about somebody's personal without his/her consent is wrong and unethical.

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2013

R19 I didn't know about Cruise because I never care about him. My point was If I have a friend who is not ready to come out, I wouldn't tell a soul without his/her permission. Don't get confuse with trying to help him/her bearding, not.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013

Ms. Bass is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2013

[quote]If you're friend is over 18, he's an adult. He needs to act like an adult.

R22 Because he's an adult, I'll let him do his things on his own. He's not a child for me to overly interfering and help him take care of his personal, unless he ask me to.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2013

In 2013 how exactly does it hurt the LGBT community if someone stays in the closet?

What exactly about that actually act of staying in the closet hurts the community?

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2013

R24 Even in 4040, closets will still exist, because not every gay person shares the same life similar with yours.

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2013

R25, in 4040, Androids will be coming out.

by Anonymousreply 2609/26/2013

I think radio is the perfect medium for Lance.

by Anonymousreply 2709/26/2013

R28: A Ouija Board might be better.

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2013

[quote][R25], in 4040, Androids will be coming out.

Irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3009/26/2013

You're all over the map, R30. I think your against the closet, but you sound like you're for the closet.

That's okay. The closet is still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3209/26/2013

[quote] until they confess

Your choice of words shows that coming out of the closet is still a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 3309/26/2013

I like liars if they call me pretty or buy me nice things.

While I'm being cheap, anyone care to start a "Things Lance Bass Knows" thread in homage to our beloved Keram Malicki Sanchez?

by Anonymousreply 3409/26/2013

[quoteLance Bass Knows 'Tons' Of Closeted Celebs...

Can we stop with the ignorant use of a measure of WEIGHT to depict "many"

It's a stupid as saying Lance Bass knows 68,000 lbs. of Closeted Celebs..

by Anonymousreply 3609/26/2013

Damn you R37... no Perez Hilton jokes? Fuck! (Wait... bitch got so fat the closet quit his ass. Thus, the Starving Jones Weight Loss Plan.)

by Anonymousreply 3809/26/2013

[quote] Coming out is still a personal choice, whether you like it or not. We can't control everybody.

Did I imply otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2013

"Are all heterosexual people required to run around and announce they are straight all the time?"

They don't have to, since straight people just assume everyone else is straight

by Anonymousreply 4009/26/2013

Sorry R40, I thought you were the other poster.

by Anonymousreply 4109/26/2013

"Telling the media about somebody's personal without his/her consent is wrong and unethical."

There is a difference between keeping a secret and actually LYING and saying a gay person is straight

by Anonymousreply 4209/26/2013

I don't think meddling in strangers' lives is some virtue. If people are closeted, so what, that's their business. I can't begin to guess what goes on in their heads.

Not every out person is some delighted spokesperson for this or any cause. Why not let them discover how to live their own life by themselves.

Being in the closet sounds awful enough.

by Anonymousreply 4309/26/2013

Excuse me misses, but coming out is really only up to a coven of us bitter queens who spot you at the gay bar (or sneaking into a neighbor's house for a trick... or anything else we find suspect). Now shut your whorehole, or we'll talk shit about you.

by Anonymousreply 4409/26/2013

[quote]There is a difference between keeping a secret and actually LYING and saying a gay person is straight.

Oh, I'm not Lance Bass. I didn't say I will lie for them like Bass did, I said I will respect his/her personal choice by shutting my mouth and let them do their business, and not being too judgemental.

by Anonymousreply 4509/26/2013

I am curious how the closet is common sense. Explain that to openly gay Russian teens who are proud of who they are. Or gay Ugandans who are proud of they are.

by Anonymousreply 4609/26/2013

R46: Good bottom! Good bottom!

by Anonymousreply 4709/26/2013

[quote]I am curious how the closet is common sense. Explain that to openly gay Russian teens who are proud of who they are. Or gay Ugandans who are proud of they are.

Like to explain how fashions, looks and food that look like vomit to us to starving and homeless people. I am curious how those would sound common sense to them.

by Anonymousreply 4809/26/2013

R49 mixed up the "Hates Curry" thread with this thread hating on sloppy, self-loathing assholes.

by Anonymousreply 4909/26/2013

To people who acting like they're the only ones being discriminated and unfortunate in life, well, I hope my post at R49 would chill them up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5009/26/2013

R51: We'd probably kill them with drones. We don't like tacky things. No habla FOREIGN.

by Anonymousreply 5109/26/2013

To the people who acting like they are the only ones being discriminated and unfortunate in life, I hope my post at R49 would lift your spirit up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5209/26/2013

R53: We're Americans. We lift up Third World nations with bombs. Why do we need you?

by Anonymousreply 5309/26/2013

Edward Snowden must be in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5409/26/2013

This thread took a weird turn.

by Anonymousreply 5509/26/2013

Can't he just post about them anonymously on the internet like everybody else does?

by Anonymousreply 5609/26/2013

R56: Are you new here, or are you in the SPEDataloung program?

by Anonymousreply 5709/26/2013

R26 - The only place I know of that is in denial about the existence of LGBTs is Iran. Clearly coming out is not an option there.

I don't know how you think the percentage of gay people who stay in the closet has any real impact on people's perception of how many gays there are.

You don't even know that.

I agree entirely people coming out increased tolerance and awareness. (apparently tolerance for many of us, not you though) In 2013 I don't think closeted gays coming out now would have a significant impact. You don't have any evidence to contradict this.

I think you are projecting your own fears about weakness onto to others.

You don't know why people stay in the closet. You only know why you did - please don't project that on to everyone.

I came out when I was 20 in 1982 - and never looked back. But that was right for me. Not for everyone.

Apparently I'm tolerant enough and accepting enough to understand other people's circumstances are different.

I guess you're not.

R25 - trying reading the comments before replying.

by Anonymousreply 5809/26/2013

R59: You're very brave to tell us your age like that. I hope it gets better.

by Anonymousreply 5909/26/2013

At least we're not discussing who Lance could be referring to. Imagine how embarrassing that might be!

by Anonymousreply 6209/26/2013

Most people should have known Lance was gay before he came out.

I'm sure he could out Timberlake and through Timberlake, he could out a lot of others...like Miss Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 6309/26/2013

If only you cunts understood. It's non of your fucking business. I don't even know why you cunts are so wet for closeted actors to come out.

by Anonymousreply 6509/26/2013

There is a gay community? Where? Aren't we part of the community as a whole?

by Anonymousreply 6609/26/2013

Speak for yourself R61. I'm just geek-famous and I'm out. It's just that no one cares. Oh well... at least some people want my autograph.

by Anonymousreply 6709/26/2013

We would a celebrity with a chance at a wonderful career and lots of money come out to please a bunch of morally superior bitches like on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 6809/26/2013

r69, try making sense.

by Anonymousreply 6909/26/2013

I agree r61 r66

I wonder what these fucks get out of bitching about celebrities being in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 7009/26/2013

"Why" instead of "We"

ok bitch at r70?

by Anonymousreply 7109/26/2013

Closeted actors will only date other closet cases.

All you out flamers are SOL.

by Anonymousreply 7209/26/2013

r63, don't forget about this one too

by Anonymousreply 7309/26/2013

Closeted stars are usually the hottest....look at the nellies who are out

by Anonymousreply 7409/26/2013

Good for Lance Bass! Glad to see he respects other people enough to let them live their own lives. The Perez-Hilton-bitter-outting-queens of this world did us far more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 7509/26/2013

R69 makes perfect sense R70. Whether or not someone is gay is none of your business and really says a lot about you if you think someone not being out affects you personally.

by Anonymousreply 7609/26/2013

What r77 said.

by Anonymousreply 7709/26/2013

So when Lance Bass says he tons tons of closeted celebs, does this mean he knows the same rumors we all do, or that he knows for a fact?

by Anonymousreply 7809/26/2013

hehehe r79, he's basically outed everyone!

by Anonymousreply 7909/26/2013

Lance Bass is a worthless piece of shit. Exactly how far will he go for attention?

by Anonymousreply 8009/26/2013

see what coming out does for you....you get the support of people like r81

by Anonymousreply 8109/26/2013

Lance Bass considers that Reichen person to be a "celeb". He probably considers his (fool's) gold boyfriend to be a "celeb". Ben Affleck's old hairpiece is probably a "celeb" to him. (It would make a nice Muppet-skin muff, I guess.)

Has Lance Bass come out when he was actually famous he'd have probably saved a lot of kids lives, but he was too much of a coward. Sorry, kids!

by Anonymousreply 8209/26/2013

Whenever I think of Lance Bass, I think of his appearance on some celebrity episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire long ago. He was so dumb that even the other celebs were making fun of him.

by Anonymousreply 8309/26/2013

+1 for r83

by Anonymousreply 8509/26/2013

Sigh. So many aging and out of work 'celebrities' trying so hard to seem even a tiny bit relevant. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 8609/26/2013

He was a kid himself r83 when he was "famous."

by Anonymousreply 8709/26/2013

r83, exactly how would Lance Bass have saved anyone by coming out? Would the bullies stop bullying a gay because a famous singer came out? Would a gay not jump from a bridge because a famous singer is gay? Stop being an arrogant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8809/26/2013

FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8909/26/2013

R83, I hate to say it, but if Lance Bass coming out saved somebody's life it would have only been temporary. That person would likely have been weak enough that some other thing would have pushed them over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 9009/26/2013

[quote] Has Lance Bass come out when he was actually famous he'd have probably saved a lot of kids lives, but he was too much of a coward. Sorry, kids!

I love my dead gay fans!

by Anonymousreply 9109/26/2013

I was on a ledge outside my dorm in college. I was about to jump and then I noticed a girl below was holding a copy of US Magazine that said "Ricky Martin" comes out.

I climbed off the ledge and began a wonderful joyous life!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9209/26/2013

That's no excuse. I came out when I was 12 years-old, and I've never looked back. I took a lot garbage for it. (Granted, that post at 83 has some typographical errors that I regret, but soldier on.)

I know Lance came from Bumblefuck, Mississippi, but he had some fuck-you cash. (As someone else noted, he didn't spend it on an education.)

Maybe it takes people like him time to realize what fuck-you money means. I'm a "poor little rich boy" who has fuck-you money, but not as much as I'd have had if I were straight or closeted.

He could have made a difference to some of the kids who offed themselves during a few of those years. So that means that the rest of us are donating money for damage control instead of truly helping young people. I do a lot, but it's never enough, really.

Lance may do a lot or more without making a PR stunt out of it. (That's really the only tasteful way to do it unless the organization really needs the attention.) I hope that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 9309/26/2013

r83

Did an out celebrity save YOUR life?

by Anonymousreply 9409/26/2013

To all those who pass judgement on those who are not ready to cone out....WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? The idea that someone has the right to make that decision for someone else is horse shit. I had a friend who was outed by someone just because he was pissed at him. After his life was nearly ruined, my friend beat the living shit out of the guy. Broke his jaw, orbital bone and his shoulder. Don't think he will out anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 9509/26/2013

R89: Have you heard of a term called "self esteem". It sometimes helps to have someone to look up to when so many are looking down on you.

by Anonymousreply 9609/26/2013

r94 r83 You are such a fucking idiot.

[quote]He could have made a difference to some of the kids who offed themselves during a few of those years

[quote]he was actually famous he'd have probably saved a lot of kids lives

Tell me what Bass would have done to save these kids? Also, while you are at it, tell what the famous gays these days are doing for the young gays?

by Anonymousreply 9709/26/2013

r95 came out at 12 during his dance class recital of "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity.

He played the Chita Rivera part.

by Anonymousreply 9809/26/2013

[quote] I climbed off the ledge and began a wonderful joyous life!!!!

Thank God you didn't shake your bon bon right there and then or you might have lost your balance and fell to your death.

by Anonymousreply 9909/26/2013

Yes R83, a lot of us have heard of SELF-esteem, doesn't look like you have.

by Anonymousreply 10009/26/2013

I don't care what you all say, LB was on point at the VMAs.

by Anonymousreply 10109/26/2013

So who would someone ask Lance about?

Has to be someone he knows well.

This story must make Justin Timberlake more nervous than the fact his new single just debuted in the bottom half of the Top 100.

by Anonymousreply 10209/26/2013

self-esteem. LOL.

You bitches bully a lot. You bitches are the reason a lot of actors go bearding. Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 10309/26/2013

Let's call the closet what it is, retaining straight privilege. I know lots of closet cases, I don't out people because I'm not fucking them, but it really does screw us over as a minority group. It deflates our numbers, allows us to be punching bags, political footballs,and quite frankly it sends the message that we should be ashamed that we're gay.

by Anonymousreply 10409/26/2013

[quote]retaining straight privilege

Oh my god I will never stop laughing. On what planet are you people?

by Anonymousreply 10509/26/2013

Shorter Lance Bass:

Nothing can make me give up that Timberlake peen, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 10609/26/2013

Don't you guys understand. People like r83,r94,r97 and r105 are screaming for help.

by Anonymousreply 10709/26/2013

R105 You're the honest one, not like the other phony queens, the so called anti-closets acting like they've done enough for the community. They only anonymously LOUD in here but not when out there. We can tell who's real who's bitter.

by Anonymousreply 10809/26/2013

R95: Do I know you? (That's an awfully unusual reference.)

R98: As I wrote before, I'm only geek-famous, but I inherited at lot of money from my family before I had any idea what that level of money was, and I guess I'm a bit closeted about the money thing. (People will try to one blind.)

Also, as I wrote, I'm not famous enough for anyone to care. When I've been written about (the single exception being Out magazine) editors seem to skim away the gay.

What good have I done? (I'm assuming that was the question, yes?) I bought/donated a building for my local queer youth group, and I continually give them donations. I sponsor homeless gay teens either in foster care situations or transitioning from "the system" programs, and I work with programs to help them with career skills.

I do this quietly, and I'll never feel as though I've done enough. There were entire generations of men who never had the chance to give young people a leg up in life. I'd like to see that change in generations that follow.

For the record - I hate being the least bit serious on DL. It's supposed to be a viper pit!

by Anonymousreply 10909/26/2013

Typos thus far: a lot of... and ROB one blind...

I'm sorry Grammar Patrol - I have the fucking flu.

by Anonymousreply 11109/26/2013

No one asked what [bold]you[/bold] did, you fuck. What a famous gay celebrity has done. Shits like you think celebrities will help gays just because they share the same orientation, well, wake the fuck up! Commercials of 'it gets better' is done by both straight and gays, so don't bring that up.

by Anonymousreply 11209/26/2013

poor 83 everyone needs their delusions

by Anonymousreply 11309/26/2013

and stop telling us about your fucking inheritance. People like me and others work from paycheck to pay check. Stop flaunting your fucking delusional shit.

by Anonymousreply 11409/26/2013

R115 If you insist. Ta, girl.

by Anonymousreply 11509/26/2013

I agree with r105, and what's wrong with the term "straight privilege"? There is white privilege, male privilege and yes, straight privilege. Everyone knows those are the categories favored and catered to in America.

by Anonymousreply 11609/26/2013

That's why we try to be 'straight acting'. If I can come across like a white straight man, and no one is looking, I get all kinds of free shit. You should see this gift bag I was handed just last night. It's got a new iPhone in it. I don't know what the big deal is about the gold. I think it looks tacky as shit. I'm gonna sell it on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 11709/26/2013

r110, how much did you inherit? Do you have enough money for surgery? You seem to have something stuck up that ass. Did you pay for too many rent boys and one refuses to leave? Wasn't anyone willing to fuck you for free?

by Anonymousreply 11809/26/2013

You took r94 seriously?

by Anonymousreply 11909/26/2013

Bullshit R121.

by Anonymousreply 12109/26/2013

R123 is it hard to walk tall when you're small?

by Anonymousreply 12309/26/2013

I'm OUT AND SUCCESSFUL but my threads sank no one bothers bumping it and all the hot closet-suspects threads are boosting like rockets like everyday.

by Anonymousreply 12509/26/2013

Lance Bass has no idea what 'Ton' means.

"Lance, join the group and you'll make a ton of money."

"Lance, slurp on my skinflute and I'll give you a ton of money."

"Lance, you look puffy; you'll have to lose a ton of weight."

"Lance, you must come out to your tons of fans."

by Anonymousreply 12609/26/2013

r126 Once someone comes out. That's it for them, no fame, no game, just a lot of hate.

by Anonymousreply 12709/26/2013

All the closet cases hate any guy who has a spine?

by Anonymousreply 12809/26/2013

[quote]Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely gay. Very weird thing going on with the surrogate, pings to high heaven and his gfs/sex stuff in the papers look like Max Clifford style set ups.

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 12909/26/2013

I finally out I got the hate from the spiney gays here saying that I was once a liar always a liar. No kidding.

by Anonymousreply 13009/26/2013

"Oh my god I will never stop laughing [about the straight privilege comment]. On what planet are you people?"

The one outside your closet.

Notice all the bile the closet cases have for out gays but no comment on the straight community that created closets in the first place.

You have no real excuse to be in the closet other than your own cowardice. I'd gladly out any closet case who does damage to our community. And I won't lie for your benefit either. The closet has its consequences. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 13109/26/2013

R121, you are 100% correct. Thank you for swatting the beehive. All those who refute you here just make me giggle.

by Anonymousreply 13209/26/2013

[quote]I'd gladly out any closet case who does damage to our community

Before you do that, you have to make sure that you have a really, really solid proof that so & so is really gay, not just based on gaydar, or you'd just do damage to someones's entire life, and to the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 13309/26/2013

How does someone being in the closet damage anything?

by Anonymousreply 13409/26/2013

Ben Wishaw came out and he didn't receive any hate. You know why? Because he didn't lie and beard. Wentworth Miller lied and lied. Then he decided to make it seem like he was coming out for a good cause rather than just having a need for some attention. That annoying Fred kid came out, but only received hate because of his obnoxious origins.

by Anonymousreply 13509/26/2013

Did Wentworth Miller ever say he was into women and/or do the beard thing? I know once Prison Break was over, he was pretty much out (even when he was doing that b-movie).

I'd love to comment on white, straight male, breeding/familial privilege, but I know that the same people would attack me as before. I also know that the same guys couldn't shine shoes at the really WASPy clubs (no, not nightclubs) in the right places.

Kiss all the rightwinger ass that you want. You'll just end up with a brown tongue and shitty breath.

by Anonymousreply 13609/26/2013

[quote]Wentworth Miller lied and lied. Then he decided to make it seem like he was coming out for a good cause rather than just having a need for some attention.

People change. Even if it was for attention it still good for him and for everyone who wants him to do that.

by Anonymousreply 13709/26/2013

Look, of course it's better for him to be out than not out. Fuck Bradley Cooper, Jake Gyllenhaal, George Clooney, and all the other celebs who insist on continuing the lie. All I'm saying is that it's deserving of respect when an actor comes out on his own without any bullshit or is asked about his sexuality and is honest. Luke Evans could have been the perfect example of this, but then he went back into the closet!

by Anonymousreply 13809/26/2013

Maybe he should start with his buddy JC.

by Anonymousreply 14009/26/2013

Why won't JC come out? What is he clinging to?

by Anonymousreply 14109/26/2013

[quote]Look, of course it's better for him to be out than not out. Fuck Bradley Cooper, Jake Gyllenhaal, George Clooney, and all the other celebs who insist on continuing the lie. All I'm saying is that it's deserving of respect when an actor comes out on his own without any bullshit or is asked about his sexuality and is honest. Luke Evans could have been the perfect example of this, but then he went back into the closet!

You just outed yourself as A GOD. Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 14209/26/2013

I wonder if Lance Bass is effectively just removing himself from any list of potential gossip-mongering so that if someone gets outed nobody can come to Lance and say 'that started with you/you implied this...'.

I think it's just Lance 'protecting' his back in a PR sense, since people will often erroneously assume an openly gay man will be the font of all innuendo and gossip on other potential gays.

His words have already been taken out of the context he said he intended last time so I think this is why he's 'stating his boundaries'.

by Anonymousreply 14309/27/2013

I have no idea what you are talking about, r144. None of that made any sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 14409/27/2013

You are SO angry, r115. I feel sorry for you, dear, afraid and small in your closet, spitting insults at those gay men and women who are braver than you could ever imagine being - brave simply by being themselves. What's truly sad is that nothing's stopping you from living an honest life...if only you weren't ten pounds of str8-acting chickenshit in a five pound bag.

by Anonymousreply 14509/27/2013

[quote]How does someone being in the closet damage anything?

When somebody says this, is this a good indication they are in the closet themselves?

by Anonymousreply 14609/27/2013

[quote]exactly how would Lance Bass have saved anyone by coming out? Would the bullies stop bullying a gay because a famous singer came out? Would a gay not jump from a bridge because a famous singer is gay? Stop being an arrogant cunt.

It's not just gay celebrities who are gay who should come out. It should be everyone you know: your doctor, your mailman, your coworkers, your teachers, your cashier, your bagboy...everybody who is gay should come out.

Most kids who are struggling with their sexuality do so because they know NOBODY who is gay. Parents who have issues with gay people and who toss their kids out onto the street after the child has come out, know NOBODY who is gay. They think it's a phase, a choice, a "cool thing to be".

Coming out keeps assholes from saying, "why should we pander to 1% of the population?"

The larger the number, the more tolerance and acceptance will occur, and more kids are saved because they have somebody to relate to, to talk to.

Now, let the pro-closet people flame away.

by Anonymousreply 14709/27/2013

I'd be interested to hear from the posters who are talking about gay celebrity role models. Who were yours? How did they impact on you? Were they in addition to real life role models or substitutes?

by Anonymousreply 15009/27/2013

I answered the question, R149 at R148.

by Anonymousreply 15109/27/2013

[quote]Neil Patrick Fagggot

This thread has been overrun with trolls.

by Anonymousreply 15209/27/2013

[quote]I'd be interested to hear from the posters who are talking about gay celebrity role models. Who were yours? How did they impact on you?

Celebrity is a public person, so Harvey Milk.

[quote]Were they in addition to real life role models or substitutes?

The great work Harvey did, as other gay politicians and gay public persons back from any decade, they just added to the feeling of dignity and respect I deserve. Also, knowing there are other gay people out there in all walks of life.

The gay people in my personal life were just as impressionable and made me proud of who I was as a gay person.

by Anonymousreply 15309/27/2013

[quote]It's not just gay celebrities who are gay who should come out. It should be everyone you know: your doctor, your mailman, your coworkers, your teachers, your cashier, your bagboy...everybody who is gay should come out.

Why, so you can be happy?

[quote]The larger the number, the more tolerance and acceptance will occur, and more kids are saved because they have somebody to relate to, to talk to.

There are a lot of women in the world too, I don't see anyone accepting them in anything. What makes you think Gays, will be accepted with open arms.

Get the fuck out. If gay kids these days are still thinking of suicide, celebrity gays won't help them much. They need a therapist. Also, this is about Gay [bold]celebrities[/bold] not your doctor (which would be really uncomfortable), teacher or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 15409/27/2013

I hate people like r148. They've had easy all their lives, so they make shit up and tell others what to do. Just imagine a doctor coming out of the closet, I wonder how many male patients he'll get afterwards. Think before you preach. I was in the closet for a long time, I didn't want a singer to come out and tell me it was alright. I definitely didn't need my parents either.

by Anonymousreply 15509/27/2013

[quote]When somebody says this, is this a good indication they are in the closet themselves?

Again, what's wrong with being in the closet? Why does it bother you so much. If r135 is in the closet, he won't come out so you can add him to your statistics.

by Anonymousreply 15709/27/2013

"There are a lot of women in the world too, I don't see anyone accepting them in anything. What makes you think Gays, will be accepted with open arms."

Huh? You're making no sense. Studies prove that visibility helps. People who know gays are more likely to support gay rights than people who think they don't know any gay people. Staying in the closet creates the impression that gays are invisible.

"Why, so you can be happy?"

Gay kids need role models.

"Just imagine a doctor coming out of the closet, I wonder how many male patients he'll get afterwards"

I know several openly gay doctors and being out hasn't hurt them at all.

by Anonymousreply 15809/27/2013

[quote]I know several openly gay doctors and being out hasn't hurt them at all.

Sure you do. **Wink**

by Anonymousreply 16009/27/2013

[quote]Huh? You're making no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. You need a little help? Shove those studies up your ass.

Even gays hate women, women - who accept gays blindly. Yet, they are always treated like shit.

by Anonymousreply 16109/27/2013

[quote]Gay kids need role models.

Why can't gay kids look up to out celebrities and not hope for a closeted celebrity to come out. What if the closeted celebrity the kid is waiting for isn't even gay, what's he going to do? Kill himself? Well, go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 16209/27/2013

r163 is right. Just because we gossip about celebrities who might be gay, doesn't mean they really are gay. Kids should start looking up to [bold] out and proud[/bold] celebrities. Fuck r148.

by Anonymousreply 16309/27/2013

Sad fact is closet cases tend to consist of the masculine hot gay men, and feminine pretty lesbians. oUT Queers are usually flamers and bulldykes

by Anonymousreply 16509/27/2013

The toxic gay men on this website who maybe mentally ill are no representation of the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 16609/27/2013

Why would anyone want a celebrity to be their role model? Celebrities are often vain, shallow insecure and dishonest. Why cant they have the same role models we did as kids, you know people like parents or teachers?

by Anonymousreply 16709/27/2013

[quote]The larger the number, the more tolerance and acceptance will occur, and more kids are saved because they have somebody to relate to, to talk to.

What about the blacks? There are large numbers of black people and yet, we shoot them, make fun of them and and post racist shit about them. Why can't they be free? Why can't they be accepted and tolerated. What about the women? My own mother, who got paid half the salary the men at work did - why wasn't she accepted?

by Anonymousreply 16809/27/2013

r165 Not only are you ignorant, you are arrogant as well. Not everyone lives in your fairy land. This is real life!

by Anonymousreply 16909/27/2013

I wonder if Harvey Milk wasn't assassinated, I wonder how he would be regarded today. If he's even regarded at all. Or, even known about. He stated coming out was so important and how you disagree with that even in the slightest, is beyond me. Are gay men really this cowardice? Still?

I do think DL is being overrun by trolls lately.

by Anonymousreply 17009/27/2013

r171 Why, because no one agrees with you? Being in the closet means you are a coward? Do you know every single gay personally? Do you know how they feel and what they are going through. Do you know what will happen to them after they come out. Do you seriously expect every single person to be cool with the new gay who came out in a christian/jew/muslim/homophobic household? Are you fucking brain damaged?

by Anonymousreply 17109/27/2013

I think R148 is right. I know Christians who honestly think it's extremely rare for anyone to be gay and they certainly think it is a choice, they compare it to any other sin and you just have to say NO! to sin.

If they realize how many gay people there are, they might wake up to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 17209/27/2013

"Why can't gay kids look up to out celebrities and not hope for a closeted celebrity to come out. What if the closeted celebrity the kid is waiting for isn't even gay, what's he going to do? Kill himself? Well, go ahead."

You sound unbelievably dumb. And mean. Why on earth are you even posting here? You sound like a homophobic Republican. When people in general, not just celebrities, hide in the closet it creates the impression that gays don't exist. Gay kids need role models in their everyday life, not just celebrities. Maybe you're the one who should go ahead and kill yourself.

"What about the women? My own mother, who got paid half the salary the men at work did - why wasn't she accepted?"

Another dummy. Your post doesn't even make sense. What does any of that have to do with closet cases?

"Makes perfect sense to me. You need a little help? Shove those studies up your ass."

Republican retards aren't big on things like facts and statistics.

by Anonymousreply 17309/27/2013

r173 Stop speaking out of your ass. r148 thinks once a gay comes out, everything would be colors and rainbows.

by Anonymousreply 17409/27/2013

r174 You're the one who is dumb. Anyone can post here, I don't see your fucking name around. Gays don't think alike, if you think they do, go to a fucking institution. Why exactly do gays need to look up to celebrities?

[quote]Another dummy. Your post doesn't even make sense. What does any of that have to do with closet cases?

ahh, because some cunt thinks having numbers means you'll be accepted. Doesn't seem to be working with women and blacks.

Keep calling others republicans and homophobic. The biggest homophobic are trash cases like you. Bullying others and forcing other to come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 17509/27/2013

[quote]You sound like a homophobic Republican.

Is that the best you can do?

[quote]Another dummy. Your post doesn't even make sense. What does any of that have to do with closet cases?

Try reading the entire conversation before writing some idiotic posts.

by Anonymousreply 17609/27/2013

[quote]ahh, because some cunt thinks having numbers means you'll be accepted. Doesn't seem to be working with women and blacks.

Keep calling others republicans and homophobic. The biggest homophobic are trash cases like you. Bullying others and forcing other to come out of the closet.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 17709/27/2013

r174 You stink.

by Anonymousreply 17809/27/2013

[quote]having numbers means you'll be accepted. Doesn't seem to be working with women and blacks.

This is true. There is nothing homophobic about that statement.

by Anonymousreply 17909/27/2013

[quote] having numbers means you'll be accepted. Doesn't seem to be working with women and blacks.

That is so true.

by Anonymousreply 18109/27/2013

[quote] ahh, because some cunt thinks having numbers means you'll be accepted. Doesn't seem to be working with women and blacks.

r174 You are the fucking dummy. You got the answer. Run along you little coward. You need others to come out to boost your fucking ego. What a puss you are.

by Anonymousreply 18209/27/2013

What about the blacks? There are large numbers of black people and yet, we shoot them, make fun of them and and post racist shit about them.

lol The blacks have been shooting whites more than the other way around

by Anonymousreply 18309/27/2013

Being an out gay is a curse

by Anonymousreply 18409/27/2013

Another psychologically sound individual weighs in, emphasis on psycho.

by Anonymousreply 18509/27/2013

Well, it's non of his business to out them. So he has to lie.

by Anonymousreply 18609/27/2013

No you stupid cunt, r184! Get an education and a few facts, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 18709/27/2013

Was he issuing a veiled threat... like, I'm low on money bitches, pay up or I'm outin' your asses!

by Anonymousreply 18809/27/2013

r188, go gang bang tonight

by Anonymousreply 18909/27/2013

Breathtaking displays of mental illness here tonight....hoping it's one or two unhinged "hot and maculine" closet cases who have misplaced their meds. Gay-hating cowards, ugly on the inside and out, cheering on suicide? Despicable downlow trash.

by Anonymousreply 19009/27/2013

Out the actively bearding ones.

by Anonymousreply 19109/27/2013

No one is asking for that r193 and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 19309/28/2013

It's not wrong to appreciate when a celebrity doesn't lie about being gay.

by Anonymousreply 19509/28/2013

Come out, Gilles!

by Anonymousreply 19709/28/2013

Only the nellies are out!

by Anonymousreply 19909/28/2013

Interesting conversation all around

by Anonymousreply 20009/28/2013

The nellies & the uglies want the tall, dark & handsome ones to come out so they can lose their fans.

by Anonymousreply 20109/28/2013

lets say the average weight of a man is 200 pounds (to make the math simple) and a ton is 2000 pounds and Tons means more than one so lets say 3 tons. therefore

(2000 / 200) x 3 =30. Lance knows about 30 closeted celebs.

by Anonymousreply 20209/28/2013

Remove the word closeted and the sentence becomes totally unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 20309/28/2013

Lance Bass is an Internet troll come to life. He sure does get a lot of press for someone whose fame is running on fumes at this point.

by Anonymousreply 20409/28/2013

Wow how much shit is being said on here.

In my book, anyone who comes out as gay is a hero, if they be a flamer or straight acting. It is equally important.

That said there are certain things being said that don't follow.

The fact is bullying and fear are driving people to stay in the closet. It is their choice when they come out.

I was lucky when I came out I had supportive family and friends. Some of my friends ended up Electro therapy to get the gay out of them and when that didn't work they were disowned.

To say lance Bass coming out earlier could have saved kids lives,presupposes he would have automatically worked to help stem Gay Suicide. What makes you think he would have?

by Anonymousreply 20509/28/2013

Lance Bass coming out in his NSync days could have harmed gay kids. They might have seen their only option in life as to become the least attractive member of a second-rate boyband.

by Anonymousreply 20609/28/2013

R207 is right lol.

by Anonymousreply 20709/28/2013

Lots of closeted cowards.

by Anonymousreply 20809/28/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 20909/28/2013

R83

They were indirectly told not to come out by their management. Lance was part of NSync between the ages of 16 to 22, a kid, not a coward.

by Anonymousreply 21009/28/2013

R142 I am want to know too. What is JC's issue? Miss Timberlake, anytime now.

by Anonymousreply 21109/28/2013

Why is it always straight people who are so quick to say come out of the closet. They don't know what its like to be gay and the troubles we have. THEIR LIVES ARE SO EASY!

That French (ugh French) actor should stfu.

And Lance should stfu to as if hes relevant anyway. Now leave me to go youtube One Direction interviews. Zaaaayynnn oh my god

by Anonymousreply 21209/28/2013

R206, but do flamers ever really come out?

Aren't they already out?

'Cuz, you know...they're flaming.

by Anonymousreply 21309/29/2013

It used to be that people knew, but it was just 'something that we don't talk about'.

I don't know about you all, but growing up my family had a TON of these topics both large and small. Things that went all the way from why Aunt Edna smelled to why men like Charles Nelson Reilly and Paul Lynde acted different than other men.

It was kind of like the 'Stepin Fetchit' era of gay actors. Bigots didn't care if they were on TV because they told themselves that they were laughing AT them, not WITH them. And like I said, you NEVER let it create any discussion of the issue in the household. Especially if your father was around!

by Anonymousreply 21409/29/2013

I know tons of closeted guys myself. They cum to me because they know I don't talk.

by Anonymousreply 21509/29/2013

r326

Is that because there's cum in your mouth?

by Anonymousreply 21609/29/2013

I am doubting Lance Bass knows tons of celebrities, let alone closeted..unless he is using reality tv as a celebrity gauge.

by Anonymousreply 21709/29/2013

Oh, please. No one throws a private gay house party without Lance Bass.

by Anonymousreply 21809/29/2013

What is all this boring hollering in this potential gold mine thread?

Have to wonder what JC would come out to, he is so old he's hanging half out anyway and no one cares.

You all are just jealous because you know Lance got his turn too on Justin's ass when they were teenies.

by Anonymousreply 21909/29/2013

Just fuck off, closet case, r160.

by Anonymousreply 22009/29/2013

I'd like to date a closeted male celebrity. I'm a little agoraphobic so it would be fun to have him just drop by all secretively.

by Anonymousreply 22109/29/2013

A LITTLE agoraphobic? How does that work?

by Anonymousreply 22209/29/2013

[quote]I am doubting Lance Bass knows tons of celebrities, let alone closeted..unless he is using reality tv as a celebrity gauge

These comments are so dumb, they don't even work as jokes. You think the VIP areas in LA clubs are always empty and ready for a bunch of Oscar winners and multiple chart toppers to socialize amongst themselves, while their spouses wait outside? Many people whose name you'll never hear know tons of closeted celebs.

by Anonymousreply 22409/29/2013

In the close race for the worst example of ethical depravity and smug nastiness on this thread, R181 gets my vote.

In a thread about the obvious fact that it is homophobic and counterproductive to enable (not overlook or tolerate, but actively enable) closeted gays to pretend to be heterosexual, the absurd controversies here underscore the dementia prevalent among some DL visitors. And R181 needs better medication.

by Anonymousreply 22509/29/2013

If most gays wants to remain closeted and cowardice (which is a true stereotype, it's looking like) and this asshole Lance Bass who looks like Ellen, and assholes like Lance/Ellen who want to encourage the closet than that's fine. Life will just remain as it is for gays...rather poor.

Gay rights will continue to move as it is, like molasses. People will say that gays compromise 1% of the human population so why should we care what they think or want. Gays will be fired from their work place in certain states, well most states. Gays won't be able to adopt in certain states, well most states. Gays won't be ale to get married...in most states. Gays will be continued to be mocked and made fun of, and joked about, and called faggots. Gays will be jumped and attacked.

That glorious life goes on and on...if that's what you want, that's what you get. I mean, if cruising gyms, secret sex hook-ups and acting like a prostitute is better than an actual real-life with dignity and respect.

You reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 22609/30/2013

I came out, you bitches. Do you want me to become "Lance Bass: Closeted Queen Hunter" or something?

by Anonymousreply 22709/30/2013

r225 I get that, I just don't believe Lance Bass knows tons of celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 22809/30/2013

[quote] I just don't believe Lance Bass knows tons of celebrities.

Because?

by Anonymousreply 22909/30/2013

Have to believe we are magical, nothing can stand in our ways. Have to believe we are magical. Don't let your sons become gays

And if they somehow survive, it's antiretrols that kept them alive

Help all our dreams survive, for Jews.

by Anonymousreply 23009/30/2013

r230 because he is a d list celeb at best who has been out of the spotlight for at least 10 years. The biggest thing he did was come out as a surprise to no one. He does a crappy radio show on the out q channel on sirius and can not even book any good celebrity guests. By "know" I would say the person would not have to respond to the question "do you know Lance Bass" with the response "he is that guy from the backstreet..or n'sync?"

by Anonymousreply 23109/30/2013

He's met Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 23209/30/2013

r232

Are you suggesting A-List people only know A-List people etc.?

He just has to vacation at the same place as, say, Henry Cavill, to strike up a conversation. And Henry Cavill might want to meet Justin Timberlake...

by Anonymousreply 23309/30/2013

r227 is quite correct.

by Anonymousreply 23409/30/2013

DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD.

The trolls on here pretending to be gay are just that: trolls.

There is no such thing as a smart gay person stupid enough to believe that gay people coming out makes no difference.

There are no sane gay people fucked up enough to say 'if a gay kid is going to commit suicide because of feeling alone, let him.'

These aren't gay people. They are fucked up homophobic trolls. And one of them is either from a foreign country or pretending to be.

All of them need to be banned. Oh, that's right: this site doesn't ban trolls anymore. No wonder it's overrun and sucks acid-dipped rocks now.

I remember when this site had sane, smart gay posters, not the garbage that infests this thread.

by Anonymousreply 23509/30/2013

[quote]Commercials of 'it gets better' is done by both straight and gays, so don't bring that up.

This, by R113, is the stupidest comment in the entire thread (well, there is a lot of competition, but it's in the top 10).

A gay kid who is contemplating suicide because he/she doesn't think there is anyone like him/her in the world, that no one will ever accept them, and can't foresee a life or a happy future does NOT watch "It Gets Better" videos by straight people. They mean nothing. That gay kid is surrounded by straights. It's happy, well-adjusted gay adults who might be able to get through to that kid.

I am starting to think this entire thread (which I still think needs to be deleted) is a parody. I find it impossible to believe there are people as callous, stupid, and selfish as those posting that it doesn't matter if gay people come out.

My kid's gay-straight alliance is smarter than almost everyone on this thread, because they'd never say anything as stupid as 'it doesn't matter' if people are in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 23709/30/2013

r227 rocks!!

by Anonymousreply 23809/30/2013

So LB's plan is to help celebs make tons of money, and then when they're washed up, finally come out. LONG after they might've done any good for LGBT youth looking for role models. Kinda exactly what LB did.

by Anonymousreply 23909/30/2013

When I saw how many responses this thread had, I was hoping for some juicy gossip.

Instead, it was mostly lunatic closet cases frantically deadbolting the door.

Regarding Lance's friends: Can't imagine why JC is not out. JT will lie about it on his deathbed.

CR7 might as well come out. It's pretty bad when a hag like Rihanna is outing you.

by Anonymousreply 24009/30/2013

r234 I am beaten by your logic.

by Anonymousreply 24110/01/2013

[quote]In the close race for the worst example of ethical depravity and smug nastiness on this thread, [[R181]] gets my vote.

Sorry, r226. But if kids wants to commit suicide these days. They need real help, not an out celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 24410/01/2013

CR7 is the biggest name in soccer, if he were to come out, it would be seismic: on a par with Michael Jordan coming out in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 24610/02/2013

I don't know who the closet case, fuckers are on this thread but a kid committing suicide? That's something that matters to most people.

by Anonymousreply 24810/05/2013

While there trolls on this thread, like all others.

I think some posters object to the suggestion that X not coming out is responsible for gay teen suicide(s). That is ridiculously simplistic thinking.

by Anonymousreply 25010/06/2013

No, lots of the nellies are still in. I think Lance knows a few.

by Anonymousreply 25110/06/2013

It's not openly gay celebrities that would save these kid's lives, sure, openly gay anybody is what should be, but these kid's who are suicidal are so because they feel so alone and because they do not know anybody who is gay. Gay people in their personal, everyday lives should be seen by these kids so they know they can have a good life.

by Anonymousreply 25210/06/2013

r253

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 25310/06/2013

so he lies for JT!

by Anonymousreply 25410/20/2013

This is a vicious cycle.

The bottom line is fundamentally if the industry cared about the personal welfare of its employees and honesty and integrity it would and would have let people come out. Closeting and bearding and fooling the public wouldn't happen.

But we're just not that advanced. Yet. For whatever reason there's still a need for the closet, usually because a target demographic demands it.

For people to blame the public for calling closet cases out is a misnomer because the public really wasn't the entity that put the performer in the closet to start with. The public wasn't asked, it was told, by the studio suits and executives, who decided it based on stereotyping, old prejudices and assuming they understood how 'everyone' would think, act and react to bi or gay performers across the board.

Now, because of this mentality, and the highly lucrative closeting businesses that have sprung up around it (including agencies, staffers, paparazzi and magazine writers), we're stuck with this mess.

Things are slightly improving, but nowhere near the pace where many people can be honest from the getgo.

The day may come but it'll need more work and more people to come forward and be able to fend off or balance their real and fictional persona and still be able to stand up and tell the dark side to fuck off. It's a difficult balancing act and you have to be very strong, confident and talented to pull it off, suiting yourself and others.

by Anonymousreply 25510/20/2013

For whatever reasons R256? Seriously? Hello, capitalism!

by Anonymousreply 25610/20/2013

R256, that reminds me of something I read here once, speculating that all those gay execs / bosses in Big Entertainment overstate the damage that coming out would do to a celeb's career because of their own internal homophobia and shame. Maybe when all those self-loathing old men move on things will change. Not that stars will burst out of the closet en masse, but at least maybe the pansexuality of Hwood will be talked about more openly.

It's not like people can hide now anyway like when studios ran stars and totally controlled their public image in the media. Maybe the it gets better generation will accept that and stop flailing around trying.

Lance's friends are an example - how much of the public really thinks JT or JC is straight? And once they learn how to use google, how much longer will they believe it, lol.

by Anonymousreply 25710/20/2013

I am 100% sure he is talking about JT, just because he is out doesn't means he knows all those in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 25810/20/2013

Pretty sure Lance grew up a Southern Baptist, which denies gays exist and tells gay guys they're just fucked up from something their father did wrong and they have to pray it away.

When he was like 16 he was taken out of Mississippi and made into a popstar in Germany, promised riches, worked half to death by an obese pedophile, and told by his bosses to present as straight. Then he became a star and everywhere he went people were staring at him.

When in that story did he even have time to come out to himself? I'm not denying that it's important to have out celebs, but it's cool that Lance is out now and I have nothing bad to say about the guy.

by Anonymousreply 25910/20/2013

I agree that people shouldn't be outed, but it's WRONG to help them lie. If they want to lie, let them do it themselves.

by Anonymousreply 26010/20/2013

R261, is that you Skyler?

by Anonymousreply 26110/20/2013

Lance Bass first thought the majority of ‘NSYNC was gay. Access Hollywood 10/29/2007:

Lance: "When we were in the group, we thought Justin was gay, because he told us he wanted to do a gay part in a movie." [I always figured it was because JT acts like a complete queen in old performance videos.]

The gay speculation did not stop with Justin Timberlake. Bass, along with other members in the group, questioned Chris Kirkpatrick’s sexuality.

Lance: "We thought Chris was gay because he used to hang out with a choreographer." [Talk about stereotyping, but who is "we"?]

Bass’ speculation on his sexuality does not bother Kirkpatrick.

Chris: “I think it’s awesome that Lance thought I was gay while we were in the band together. He’s been going through a lot after coming out, and we respect that and give him his space.”

So basically the only two not questioned within the group were Joey and JC. Well that's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 26210/20/2013

Links to Justin as a little queen in old nsync performance videos please!

I remember that quote when Lance said it. I think he was asked if anyone in nsync thought he was gay, and that was his babbling way of saying of course because teenage guys always call each other gay.

Meanwhile that answer had to be bullshit aimed at sounding normal. They weren't a bunch of straight jocks or whatever their image was. It's hard to imagine a bunch of little queens who are all in the dark about one another.

I remember an interviewer asked Justin if he'd ever seen any of the other guys' cocks and he said no. Even though they were sharing space, costume changes, bathrooms?! Bitch please, that's when I knew he was riding all those cocks.

by Anonymousreply 26310/20/2013

In a 2001 Teen People interview, the interviewer commented how the guys were joking around about each others cock size because they knew in Teen People couldn't print that subject matter.

Justin looks a bit queeny in this and they all look like they are going to die of heat stroke.

by Anonymousreply 26410/20/2013

random older videos, lots of lip sync back then, some live take from it what you will

watch?v=nbuok82TKls watch?v=TfhbhGpkTuI watch?v=3GriNPGXVCs watch?v=CLJyBc6HYi0 watch?v=AWTSPOk282c watch?v=2rfIjW32chg watch?v=L03AuXD3EYs watch?v=JlmHknr0RPQ watch?v=ncKE1mBpr9s watch?v=NNupueDVvA4

by Anonymousreply 26510/20/2013

hahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 26610/21/2013

Ever see them as the Spice Girls? LOL It's only for a few seconds but in one of their early videos which was only originally released in Europe because it was before they broke in the States, at one point they pretend to be women to try and get a record deal.

by Anonymousreply 26710/21/2013

Why do you all want, or is it "expect", celebrities to come out of the Closet? Judging by DL, gay men do not support, in any way, performers or actors who are openly gay. Once they are "out of the closet", you all just shit on them.

by Anonymousreply 26810/21/2013

I'm in the industry (in the UK).

It's been my experience, the actors/actresses who are the most vocal and public in their support of gay rights, are sometimes the deepest in the closet.

It's partly guilt, partly genuine morals, but also a big helping of insurance policy just in case they're ever outed and can fall back on, 'No one can say I was a complete fundie-style hypocrite...'.

For some reason that I can't logically justify, this type saddens me even more than the closet cases who just do nothing.

I'm normally not judgmental. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, etc... And I've been at audience focus groups that sadly attest to how their careers could be hurt if they're young they trade off opposite-sex appeal.

But a lot of these aren't in that category. They're either character actors or - most likely - they're now past the age / point in their career where sex appeal is their primary selling point.

I don't believe in outing people. We all have our own journey therein. But every time I see someone I know - and know damn well is gay - getting interviewed etc and being sanctimonious or playing the 'aren't I liberal and generous to the gays' card, I get a bit of sick in my mouth for being part of being part of promulgating this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 26910/22/2013

r269 You can stop beating that dead horse because it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 27010/22/2013

R269 they owe jack shit to the media and the haters, but coming out is for themselves. Think of Lance tweeting about getting engaged to his bf. He's got to be a million times happier than when he was skulking around in the closet, lying and worrying about being caught.

Lance was probably pissed as hell when he got outed but now it's got to be one of the best things that happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 27110/22/2013

I'll ask you directly r270; Are the Beckhams, Jude Law, Sienna Miller, Colin Farrell, The Finnes, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Hardy and the boys from One Direction some of these closet cases you're talking about? This is an anonymous board and I don't see anything wrong with dropping a few names.

by Anonymousreply 27210/22/2013

[R:73] From your list: one is a definite yes, one or two probably fit best into bi/confused and another is happy enough with straight to not want to risk a career.

The others are not interesting enough to be gay.

I'm not naming names. Sorry:(. But I don't believe in outing people and the definitely gay one is actually a genuinely really nice one and deserves the right to do things on their own terms. Which I think they will soon enough.

Showbiz is full of dabblers though. I will say that. Gaying up at least once is on a lot of bucket lists.

by Anonymousreply 27310/22/2013

Daniel Radcliffe is probably the gay one R274 is referencing, I'm thinking.

by Anonymousreply 27410/22/2013

Yeah, I have a feeling it's Radcliffe as well. It's certainly not Farrell.

by Anonymousreply 27510/22/2013

HAHAH Farrell? trust me he will fuck anything girl or guy and the more he drinks the more it leans towards guy.

by Anonymousreply 27610/22/2013

Who are the Finnes? Maybe The Fiennes - Ralph and Joseph? In that case I could imagine Joseph Fiennes could be a nice gay guy, otherwise I also guess Radcliffe.

Surly One Direction and the Beckhams are meant with not interesting enough?

Tom Hardy is happy enough with straight not to risk his career, I think. And Jude Law and Colin Farell for bi.

by Anonymousreply 27710/23/2013

R270 even though it doesn't seem logical, I know what you mean. There's just something so flagrant about it. It's like they're punking their fans. Or else there is some creepy cognitive dissonance there.

by Anonymousreply 27810/23/2013

Ralph Fines is gay as a goose. I think he had a thing with Andy Cohen once. Speaking of, when he had the Wanted on his show he asked them "who will be the one direction member to come out of the closet first.." Not which one is gay, but which one of all of them will come out first.

Answer - was Louie.

by Anonymousreply 27910/24/2013

Lance knows 1.

by Anonymousreply 28010/26/2013

for r270

by Anonymousreply 28110/27/2013

Based on R270 and R282... JT is not only in the closet, he has cut out the floor boards, dug a tunnel to a cave miles away, that is completely known to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 28210/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.