Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Melissa Joan Hart Reveals Drug Use, Same-Sex Hookup in New Memoir

Melissa Joan Hart‘s new memoir is called “Melissa Explains It All,” and among the things the actress is explaining in the tome are her past drug-fueled exploits and celebrity hookups.

Speaking to Life & Style magazine about the book, which comes out Oct. 29, the former teen star of “Clarissa Explains It All,” now 37, said, “I experimented with weed, Ecstasy, mushrooms and mescaline for about a year and a half.” She also claimed that in 1999, during her “third or fourth time on Ecstasy,” she made out in a limo with another girl on the way home, and then arrived at a photo shoot the next day while still high.

However, Hart insists that, while she dabbled in drugs, she never became addicted. “I was kind of running with a bad crowd,” she said. “I just didn’t enjoy taking drugs. I don’t like the loss of control.”

Hart also details some of her high-profile hookups in the book: She says she made out with Jerry O’Connell, whom she dubs a “man-whore,” and Backstreet Boy Nick Carter. One star whose charms she didn’t succumb to: Ashton Kutcher, who she says she tried to eject from her parties not once, but twice, for making “smartass remarks.” Hart says, “Ashton and I just didn’t get along.”

by Anonymousreply 5212/12/2013

Maybe she exaggerated her drug use to sell books.

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

It's always the biggest junkie whores that become the most grating fundie republicans.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

Yawn. Desperate attempt to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

Who is more pathetic: Melissa Joan Hart or her co-star, Joey Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

Melissa should remember that harsh words can be hurtful.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

I knew she was a big partier back in the Sabrina days.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

Did she and Punky Brewster get it on?

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

She's a right-wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

She has a show on ABC Family, right? It seems strange to reveal this stuff at this point in her career.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

[quote] Who is more pathetic: Melissa Joan Hart or her co-star, Joey Lawrence?

Joey. He was a compere for the Chippendales. And his face work/grooming is awful.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

I love how has beens write these books and drop names as if they were on the same level. Jerry O'Connell married a super model, I am pretty sure he was not desperate to get at a wonky eyed nut bag. I mean was Melissa Joan Hart ever considered hot? "ashton and I just did not get along..." lol because he did not want to fuck you at all??

I mean at this point I would think that gay harvey kid from Sabrina would be about her caliber of guy.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

She's boring.

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

[quote] I am pretty sure he was not desperate to get at a wonky eyed nut bag.

He went out with Ginger Spice...

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2013

It reminds me of when a relative found God and Amway.

He hosted his father's birthday party in a wide hallway of a church - which was fine because he and his wife are filthy slobs.

The night began with a lengthy prayer.

Our host then launched into a testimonial about his sinful past which included sex/drug/alcohol abuse and redemption.

Then he and his church friends sang an easy-listening Jesus song set to music from a boom box.

He finished by mentioning a plate was being passed around so we could all donate to the church's teen out-reach ministry.

His brother later apologized for his behavior and stated plainly that the guy narc'd on everyone the first time he'd tried weed and was known for puking after one beer.

TL;DR He fabricated a testimony to appeal to his megachurch friends.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013

She's trying to sell her book.

by Anonymousreply 1509/25/2013

But why is she bringing out a book now? Is her show likely to be cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 1609/25/2013

R17 - It's living on borrowed time.

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2013

So is Nate Richert (Harvey from "Sabrina") gay or not. There were rumors. He had more chemistry with Jon Huertas than MJH on that show.

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2013

She tried E and made out with a girl? Ooooooh.....she's so "edgy."

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013

It'd have been easier to have had better chemistry with that raggedy ass animatronic cat than to have it with MJH.

I knew someone who worked on set on that show who swore that she kept getting knocked up and getting abortions.

Who was the same sex hookup, her TV aunts?

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2013

I remember hearing that she was a heavy drinker, back in the last 90s/early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2013

r14 Hey Ginger Spice is a few rungs up the fame ladder over MJH. Funny you mention that. I remember coming out of the saddle ranch chop house and we are walking through the hotel garage next to it and this couple in front of us is talking and the woman is going on and on about soccer. My partners starts OMG in to me and I said what? He goes "that is ginger spice!!! what do we do?" So I said "excuse me" and she flipped around and said YEAAAAHS? I asked "are you Geri Halliwell?" and she goes YEAAAASH. It old her my partner was a big fan and could he take a picture with her. She said sure! All the while I was oblivious to her date. He taps me on the shoulder and asks if I want him to take the pic. It's Jerry lol. I just looked at him and said uh no but can you be in it?

They were both really nice.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2013

Drug use? You big rebel, you! This book sounds RIVETING!!! Definitely worth the trees that were killed in order to print it. Who's bored enough to want to read about this twat?

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2013

What trees, R24? You sound old.

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2013

She didn't bang Britney ? They were tight at the height of her Sabrina the teen witch popularity.

Mescaline & shrooms? Was she selling black bean burritos at a grateful dead concert too?

I hear She lives in Westport ct I can't wait to run into her...

by Anonymousreply 2509/26/2013

I know one thing, she and Joey Lawrence look like hammered shit now. BOTH well past their sell by date.

by Anonymousreply 2609/26/2013

She's a television icon to a younger generation, co-starring in two of the most popular sitcoms of the last twenty five years. To a younger generation, she is there Lucille Ball and Mary Tyler Moore.

I remember when she was lusted after by many men back in the early 2000's. Her Maxim photoshoot was the stuff of legends.

by Anonymousreply 2709/26/2013

R19, do you care? Nate Richert looks like this now:

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2013

What a wild lady.

by Anonymousreply 2909/26/2013

She is full of shit, and was much wilder than she is letting on. What is the point if writing a 'tell all' book, and sugar coating things? She was a drunk, and slept around with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3009/26/2013

R20, fuck I know! Hell I've dropped a couple of E's and made out with a girl.

by Anonymousreply 3109/26/2013

Next up will be a cook book. Then she'll star in informercials for skincare products. Finally, she'll "leak" a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 3209/26/2013

So she went from druggy slut to a Republican. How degrading.

by Anonymousreply 3309/26/2013

[quote]She didn't bang Britney ? They were tight at the height of her Sabrina the teen witch popularity.

Maybe the girl is Britney. Wasn't she in one of Brit's videos?

by Anonymousreply 3409/26/2013

"Met" her at an autograph signing as a kid when she was on Clarissa. She was a bitch...never once looked up from the table, and kept a tally of how many autographs she was signing (she was obviously being paid per signature). Hated her ever since.

by Anonymousreply 3509/26/2013

[quote] and Backstreet Boy Nick Carter.

This must have been before Nicks' true muse, Kellie!!

by Anonymousreply 3609/26/2013

Shoot me in the head for knowing this, but the Britney song "Crazy" was used to promote a movie starring MJHart and Adrien Grenier. All appear in the music video.

I'm guessing their "friendship" was for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 3709/26/2013

R22 - She was a binge drinker back in those days.

Below clip of Britney on Melissa's show Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 3809/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2013

The cat was he best part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 4009/26/2013

Damn, he looks like an old man now. He looks like the father on the 50s show Father Knows Best.

I heard MJH sucked cunt for both of her TV 'aunts' and you know what Miley did with that foam finger? That's what was going on with that ratty ass animatronic cat.

by Anonymousreply 4109/26/2013

Making out with another woman while high doesn't qualify as a full-on "same-sex hookup" anymore, and a full-on "same-sex hookup" does not a memoir highlight make anymore. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 4209/26/2013

She's boring...and ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 4309/26/2013

"She's a television icon to a younger generation, co-starring in two of the most popular sitcoms of the last twenty five years. To a younger generation, she is there Lucille Ball and Mary Tyler Moore."

You can't spell AND you're delusional. That's a winning combination.

by Anonymousreply 4409/26/2013

Harvey's gay? He was really cute back then.

by Anonymousreply 4509/26/2013

Has anyone read the book?

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2013

R44 Exactly. Since when is "making out" considered a hookup?

She's nothing but a conservative frau who thought a few stupid inserts about kissing a girl and trying ecstasy would help make her look edgy. Didn't work.

R48 No, but on reviews I've read about it, several people said the book was boring and that she gives off an "I'm better than you" vibe throughout the whole book.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2013

Twist: The girl she made out with was really a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 4811/10/2013

Anyone read it?

by Anonymousreply 4912/12/2013

She's such an old fart.

by Anonymousreply 5012/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!