Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who else wants Elizabeth Warren to run for POTUS

in 2016?

I do and I'd vote for her in a second over Hillary. Hillary is Republican lite just like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4709/26/2013

Interesting question? I love Warren. But I have this gut feeling that Congress will work with Clinton and give Warren the same bullshit resistance they so often give to Obama (meanwhile giving Obama a free ride on the things he needs to be taken to task for while they invent lies and scandals over things he doesn't). Warren will be seen as being too far to the left and too much of an affront to sacred cow right wing values.

I'm just putting this out there. I would have to weigh these considerations in whether to support her or Hillary if she ran.

I doubt very much she would run.

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

OP, quit it. You know that Warren wouldn't run and wouldn't be elected. Obama and Clinton are not 'Pub-Lite.

But you are an ass.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

I love her, but she'd never win. Too liberal for the mainstream US--she'd be like a female President Jed Bartlett.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

Id vote for her and with the write packaging, I could see lots of people voting for her. One can get a lot of traction going after the banks seeing how they created so much of the mess the begin with.

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

She wore the same red jacket day after day throughout her Senate campaign against Scott Brown.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

Janet Napolitano!

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

[quote]But I have this gut feeling that Congress will work with Clinton

Your gut is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

The banks would kill her if she got too close.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

What female best meets the following criteria: extreme diplomatic ability to manipulate Congress a la Bill Clinton, so can actually accomplish goals; camera ready, flyover frau approved, scandal free family; top political experience, evident to media, especially in debates; able to exploit world stage to appear as top leader.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

We do! We do!

Oh PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

But she knows that in advance R8, so she can take steps to prevent it.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

r10, rocks

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

She'd definitely get the Indian vote, both dot and feather.

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2013

Here in MA, Liz is affectionately known as Granny Clampett.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013

I don't know if its feasible, but she is the only candidate with real integrity. The Clintons make me want to vomit and I don't see what we would actually get out of Hillary vs. a "lite Republican" like Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1509/25/2013

I'm an ardent Elizabeth Warren supporter. However, she won't be enough of a back-room-dealing barracuda by 2016. She has potential, though, and I think she will make a great President, but only [italic]after[/italic] she learns about swimming with sharks more effectively. And that, with sufficient time and experience in the Beltway cesspool, she definitely will achieve by 2020 or 2024.

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, was apparently born with a taste for the jugular. We need a woman with her innate skill for bloodsports to be our first female President.

by Anonymousreply 1609/25/2013

God, yes. If the Democratic party machine actually got behind her, and if, somehow, she was able to beat Goldwater Republican Hilary Clinton in the primaries, she would win the white house. She is, more than any other national politician, totally beloved by masses of supporters. She'd win. But I'm not sure that she could govern successfully, She's no Lyndon Johnson, she hasn't spent her life learning to bend the machinery of the US Government to her will. But man I love her and wish she'd run.

by Anonymousreply 1709/25/2013

If Hillary runs, it's hers to win.

Stop trying to divide the party with your pathetic, transparent and irrational hatred. Warren is a laughable, ridiculous choice.

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2013

The Clintons and Obama are neoliberal sell-outs. All three are stooges for Wall Street. Elizabeth Warren is the real deal, meaning she will never be President. The banks and the MIC would never allow it.

by Anonymousreply 1909/25/2013

You got it right, R19. Time these idiots learned this.

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2013

LOVE Elizabeth Warren. I would rather she run than Clinton but that will never happen. She's too new and sadly, I agree with R19. Corps own this country and if you're not in with the corps, you're not in.

I like HC but in the same way I like BO...better than what was proposed when but not liberal enough.

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2013

Me.

Loathe Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2013

"Corps own this country and if you're not in with the corps"

Marine or Peace?

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2013

Elizabeth Warren was elected to the Senate less than a year ago. Let's see how she does there before rushing into any 2016 predictions.

by Anonymousreply 2409/25/2013

I love her too, R17; but it was her luck in opposing a world-class scumbag like Scott Brown that really secured her his office. If you recall, Warren entered the race as a relative unknown and somewhat of a "dark horse" to many, if not most, Massachusetts voters. Her win was by no means guaranteed, and her "beloved" status is something she's mostly achieved through her performance post-election.

by Anonymousreply 2509/25/2013

R15, maybe you should read a bit more if you think that Romney and Hillary are even close politically. There is NO SUCH THING as republican lite. Republicans are either extremely rightwing or about to fall off the far edge of the flat earth.

by Anonymousreply 2609/25/2013

And for a while she was trailing, R25. Part of what helped her was the mistakes Brown made and that she was running in a Democratic state where Obama was popular. He helped push her over. We don't know yet whether she can win on her own in more difficult circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2013

r26, is black!!

by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2013

We need a surprise attack on the world's tax shelters and strict capital controls. Wall Str. and the City of London have to be tamed. They aren't benefiting the US and Britain.

by Anonymousreply 2909/25/2013

She needs more experience. After 8 years of another democrat in the white house, she could be ready for a run.

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2013

I disagree with r1 but do feel that congress from NOW on will always work to stimy whoever the president is

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

Is there any evidence that Warren herself is actually interested? Or is it just her supporters who are hoping she is?

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

Run Fauxcahontas, Run!

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2013

I like her more than Hillary. The Clintons have been snide towards Obama and I dont trust them. Warren is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

Actually, R27, it's my opinion that, in large part, Brown lost his bid because he was too much of a buffoon to distance himself from the incredibly unPC and uber-offensive "Princess Little Big Liar" sign.

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

The Clintons weren't always treated so well by Obama either, R34. Nevertheless, they went out of their way to help Obama and campaign for him. Many people credit Bill with giving Obama a huge boost at the DNC last year.

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2013

I like Elizabeth Warren and I don't want her to run for POTUS. If you think Obama is crippled and the obstructionists are raising hell now, just imagine what they'd do to her and with the full, unlimited backing of Wall Street.

I want her to be a leader in the Senate. We need good leaders in Congress. Not everyone should run for president. I don't care about Hillary. Yes she will very likely run, and she may very likely win. And she is better than anything the GOP has to offer.

But I'm more focused on Congress. We need a more effective Congress. And don't delude yourselves. As weak as Obama is on a lot of issues, he's a damned sight better than any alternative out here.

Would you rather Romney were President? If Hillary runs she will be running against some cretin they put forth. No thanks. Congress is where the action is. That's where our heads should be. Especially for 2014.

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2013

Sorry about the bad link in 35

by Anonymousreply 3809/25/2013

Warren needs to lead a new party. Win or no win in 2016, we need a long game; we need to get away from the RepDem neocon monolith. She deserves better. We deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 3909/26/2013

A-fucking-men, R39

by Anonymousreply 4009/26/2013

Very unlikely that anyone can break the 2-party monopoly system in American politics. No one has done so in 200 years, so good luck.

by Anonymousreply 4109/26/2013

R41 knows her history!

by Anonymousreply 4209/26/2013

Will she get backed by her Native American tribe?

by Anonymousreply 4309/26/2013

[quote]I like her more than Hillary. The Clintons have been snide towards Obama and I dont trust them.

Yes, let's trust the drone king, and whistleblower prosecuter instead.

by Anonymousreply 4409/26/2013

Let's wait to see what Warren does, before making any conclusions. She may have no interest in running, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4509/26/2013

I trust Obama more than traitors Snowden and narcissist Greenwald with their right wing Libertarian asses.

by Anonymousreply 4609/26/2013

Well I guess that's it then. R41 has called it. Everyone move along now. Wonder what that Miley Cyrus has been up to...

by Anonymousreply 4709/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.