Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Career of Emile Hirsch

How did he go from an almost Oscar nomination in Into the Wile to doing Lifetime miniseries crap like the remake of Bonnie and Clyde?

How is it Kristen Stewart became the biggest star from that movie?

by Anonymousreply 8402/13/2015

Killer Joe

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Maybe Kristen gives better blowjobs?

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

He's too tiny to be a major star.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

[quote] Lifetime miniseries crap like the remake of Bonnie and Clyde?

It is on A&E

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

He has quite a reputation for being difficult.

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

"Speed Racer" was a mega-bomb, although I don't see why anyone would blame him for its failure.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

He isn't an Oscar nominee.

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

OP said ALMOST Oscar nominee

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

That is often the case R5 when someone is talented and you wonder why their career isn't working out better.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

Lainey always alludes that he's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

What's an ALMOST nominee? Who cares? Every actor in a movie is an ALMOST nominee.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

Not true, R11. He had a lot of buzz for Into the Wild.

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

Not OP but I think almost nominee is clear. Someone in the running who didn't make the final cut--based on buzz at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2013

Lainey is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013

He looked super hot in "The Darkest Hour" but that movie was ridiculous and badly acted by all, including Hirsch.

by Anonymousreply 1509/25/2013

Yeah it's fine to blame it on Speed Racer -- Emile fired his agent right after it bombed--but his career output/looks/"talent" suggest ITW was an anomaly.

He's too short and slight of frame to be a leading man, and too pretty/boyish to be a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 1609/25/2013

He's like 5'4", a little feminine looking and it's not like he's an especially good actor. I'm not surprised his career never took off.

by Anonymousreply 1709/25/2013

Gay kiss from Imaginary Heroes..

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2013

R17

Who cares how tall he is and how bad his acting skills are!? The most important thing is that he has a nice uncut schlong (uncircumcised Americans are practically an endangered species) which he put on display in Taking Woodstock.

by Anonymousreply 1909/25/2013

Asshole?

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2013

He has a fat face.

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2013

[quote]He isn't an Oscar nominee.

Hirsch should have been nominated for MILK in which he gave a great supporting performance. To this day I still don't understand why his name never even came up during that awards season, especially when there was talk James Franco would be nominated for doing virtually nothing in the film except looking pretty standing next to Sean Penn (just my opinion).

And speaking of Penn, if being an asshole can cost you a career in Hollywood, how does one explain his long-standing success? Hasn't his reputation always been that of a major asshole? Or is that not true?

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2013

He's a hot version of Jack Black!

by Anonymousreply 2309/27/2013

R22, Penn isn't an asshole on set, he's an asshole to photographers who everyone hates anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2409/27/2013

I don't know about his other movies, but in "Wanted" he seemed to confuse acting with SHOUTING.

by Anonymousreply 2509/27/2013

I caught the tail end of Killer Joe, how did you like the part where she gave a blow job to a piece of KFC?

by Anonymousreply 2609/29/2013

He's gay, yes? He's played gay a lot ..

by Anonymousreply 2709/29/2013

It's plain and simple: he's a shrimp.

by Anonymousreply 2809/29/2013

Emile is bisexual, and supposedly difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 2909/29/2013

[quote]uncircumcised Americans are practically an endangered species

I thought American parents didn't circumcise the millenials anymore, compared to the way nearly every American baby boomer boy was cut.

by Anonymousreply 3009/29/2013

I think he's a decent actor and certainly picks interesting projects. He looks like DiCaprio and Jack Black's love child. I thought he was adorable in The Girl Next Door/

by Anonymousreply 3109/29/2013

Emile is Jewish, I doubt he's uncircumcised. as for his height, I've seen him in person a few times, and I'd put him at around 5'7".

by Anonymousreply 3209/29/2013

Yep. He seems 5'7 ish to me. Actually, most of the big male stars in Hollywood are well under 6 ft tall.

by Anonymousreply 3309/29/2013

Why aren't you all talking about me?

by Anonymousreply 3409/29/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3509/29/2013

I love R35.

by Anonymousreply 3609/29/2013

The Mudge Boy was a great, if disturbing, movie and Hirsch was good in it.

by Anonymousreply 3709/29/2013

He held his own against Matthew McConaughey and Thomas Haden Church in “Killer Joe”. No easy feat. You simultaneously felt for and despised his trashy character.

by Anonymousreply 3809/29/2013

Is it possible that Peewee Hirsch has gone about as fur as he can go? Count his blessings?

by Anonymousreply 3909/29/2013

I loved that movie R37, I feel like it doesn't get enough love.

by Anonymousreply 4009/29/2013

Another thumbs up for The Mudge Boy. I also liked him in The Girl Next Door, Into the Wild, and even Lords of Dogtown. The only movie I've seen him in that I didn't like was that drug pic w/Tina Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 4109/29/2013

Too short, too ugly, too difficult.

by Anonymousreply 4209/29/2013

R25, that wasn't Emile, that was James MacAvoy.

by Anonymousreply 4309/29/2013

He reminds me a less consistent Tobey Maguire, capable of turning in some very good performances, but an actor who should stick to carefully selected roles at the more indie end of the spectrum.

In the right role, he might make a viewer look past his doughy, bland looks.

He stars with Paul Rudd in the drama "Prince Avalanche" which opens shortly. It might do his career (and Rudd's) some good.

by Anonymousreply 4409/29/2013

Here's Emile naked. He's the guy on the right. Yummy, I want some of that, mommy!

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2013

And the who's the really hung one on the left?

by Anonymousreply 4609/29/2013

R23 you are so right! Now I can't unsee it

by Anonymousreply 4709/29/2013

R46

I'm not sure, but I think that's Zachary Booth.

by Anonymousreply 4809/29/2013

I think he has a really sexy body.

by Anonymousreply 4909/29/2013

[quote]How is it Kristen Stewart became the biggest star from that movie?

A little franchise called "Twilight", you may have heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 5009/29/2013

What movie is that from, r49?

by Anonymousreply 5109/29/2013

He must have shaved his chest in the movies I've seen him in.

by Anonymousreply 5209/29/2013

Something called Twice Born

by Anonymousreply 5309/29/2013

I think he's building a career of mostly smaller, independent projects and will have a long career. His only foray into big blockbusters, Speed Racer, was a misfire and i think he'll continue to focus on smaller projects

by Anonymousreply 5409/29/2013

Thank you, R54. I've been trying to think of the first of his movies I didn't see, and it was Speed Racer. And I haven't seen anything since (kind of like Tammy and Interview with a Vampire).

by Anonymousreply 5509/29/2013

Got some woman in Florida pregnant.

Into the Wild” star Emile Hirsch will soon be a daddy. The diminutive actor, 28, who won a Critics’ Choice Award for his role in the Sean Penn directed film, slept with a Florida woman and got her pregnant, multiple sources confirm to Confidenti@l.

“She is five-and-a-half months pregnant now, but they are not dating,” one source tells us. “His friends know about it, he is doing the right thing and will be taking care of her and his baby financially.”

The source adds that Hirsch is happy to take responsibility, even though he and his baby’s mother do not live together.

“He will definitely be in her life and wants to be a part of the baby’s life,” the source says. “He’s told all his friends about it and it’s fine. He plans to be in the kid’s life.”

It is not clear if Hirsch knows if he will be having a boy or a girl. Another insider explains to us that the Hirsch and the woman were at one time in a relationship and are now “trying to figure out what they’re going through.”

“They’re friends and they’re young and they’re figuring it out,” says the insider.

The actor, who lives in Venice, Calif., will be flying out to visit the woman shortly, we’re told, to check up on her and make plans for visitation rights with the baby, due in February. Since both parties are cooperating and friendly, lawyers have not gotten involved in negotiations.

Hirsch just wrapped the action flick “Lone Survivor,” which is based on the failed 2005 mission “Operation Red Wings” during which SEAL Team 10 attempted to kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. This year he also filmed a “Bonnie and Clyde,” miniseries for Lifetime, in which he plays Clyde for two episodes, and wrapped “Prince Avalanche,” about road workers on a summer break in the ’80′s.

by Anonymousreply 5610/03/2013

Wow. he has sex with women?

by Anonymousreply 5710/04/2013

What an idiot, now he will be stuck supporting some bimbo and a kid for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 5810/10/2013

He reminds me of Stephen Dorff.

by Anonymousreply 5910/10/2013

Emile is a fine actor, and I can't imagine him being "disqualified" for asshole behavior. I mean. Joseph Gordon Levitt can be quite an asshole too. Seriously.

I sincerely hope it's not drugs or alcohol that sort of stalled him. Maybe the simple truth is that he didn't catch on. He never seemed to play the H'wood game, chasing publicity, being photo'd with different hot girls, etc.

He will be one of those work men like actors who does a lot of indie work, & some TV, and it'll be hit & miss, but he'll stick around and maybe lightning will strike with some project in the future.

I believe he's undervalued. He won't go away, but he will never be a big deal. I agree about MILK he was wonderful in MILK.

by Anonymousreply 6010/10/2013

I was an extra on Bonnie & Clyde a couple of months ago and spent most of the night next to him. We were filming a speakeasy scene that lasted from 1 pm to nearly 3 am the following morning. Nice enough guy, I guess. Didn't really interact with any of us but he didn't spend the whole night in his trailer, either. In person, he's tiny and more pretty than handsome but I thought his stand-in was much hotter by far. Not much else to report, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 6110/10/2013

Emile assaulted a female exec.

by Anonymousreply 6201/26/2015

I guess difficult fits. But he's going to rehab so maybe he just has a bad time managing his drug intake. Man-up bitch!

by Anonymousreply 6302/13/2015

He probably only going because he needs an excuse for acting that way.

by Anonymousreply 6402/13/2015

After chokeholding (!) that poor woman, his career (what little was left) is now officially over!

Buh-bye!

by Anonymousreply 6502/13/2015

His next film? Something by TIM maybe?

by Anonymousreply 6602/13/2015

Ppl are too quick to judge, many of these executives are everything but angels. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 6702/13/2015

Apparently r67 has some kind of reading disorder.

AGAIN Hirsch choked out a woman! A film exec at that!

He's over and so are you.

by Anonymousreply 6802/13/2015

R68 I understood perfectly. I think you are the one who didn't get me. Executives can be a pain in the arse and they can screw you over royally and sometimes you can't but think of choking them. Some actors don't go that far others do.

by Anonymousreply 6902/13/2015

Did he even know the woman? I think I read he didn't like that she looked 'tough' and attacked her.

Very costly drunken mistake, Hirsch

by Anonymousreply 7002/13/2015

Serious problems - makes Shia L. and Lindsay Lohan look absolutely sane by comparison. Trust me, you'll be hearing a lot more in the future. I'm surprised more hasn't been made public.

by Anonymousreply 7102/13/2015

[quote]Executives can be a pain in the arse and they can screw you over royally and sometimes you can't but think of choking them. Some actors don't go that far others do.

He did more than think about it. He did it and more importantly (for his career) it made the news. Therefore his career is most likely dead. He's not a big enough star to overcome this.

by Anonymousreply 7202/13/2015

I truly don't think he attacked her out of the blue, there's back story there

by Anonymousreply 7302/13/2015

Thanks R73 I mean Ray Rice I mean Drew Peterson for the update.

It's nice to know that a woman can say anything and be assaulted. Maybe they should've taken it to the nearest elevator!

Really? Were you raised in a barn?

by Anonymousreply 7402/13/2015

He's too furry to hate.

by Anonymousreply 7502/13/2015

Who could hate Emile Hirsch? Silly notion.

by Anonymousreply 7602/13/2015

R74 see the thing is that I didn't see this matter as a sexual politics issue; I saw it as an actor (creative person) vs executive (the suits, lacking any semblance of a creative sensibility)issue.

It is a bit strange to believe that this can happen out of the blue and I would have thought the same had it been two men fighting or two women.

by Anonymousreply 7702/13/2015

"Ppl are too quick to judge, many of these executives are everything but angels."

Of course, but that doesn't mean that it's legal to strangle them.

by Anonymousreply 7802/13/2015

R78 it's not legal but it sends out the message that being an agent-executive-asshole has its risks. I am sure they would in the future be a lot more careful in the way they treat the talent.

by Anonymousreply 7902/13/2015

I figured Whoopi Goldberg would be out tonight, celebrating Rosie's exit from The View. But evidently, she's right here on DL!

by Anonymousreply 8002/13/2015

Don't be silly, R79. The suits will not respond to this by questioning or modifying their own behavior, what they will change is their hiring practices.

No suit who cares about this will hire an actor who is druggy, unstable, or prone to temper tantrums after this. No sense taking any chances, when there are so many actors.

by Anonymousreply 8102/13/2015

r79, it has its risks if you're a 90 lb woman. That's not a new message. I think people are being optimistic assuming this will end his career. Blatantly shitting on people who are weaker than you (for no good reason) seems to be SOP in the industry. Hirsch's transgression is one of degree, not kind. He'll get whatever Utah's version of suspended imposition of sentence is and go back to his already marginal career.

by Anonymousreply 8202/13/2015

that JAP bitch probably deserved to be taken down a peg! I say bravo to Hirsch -

by Anonymousreply 8302/13/2015

It is NOT OK to strangle anyone!

Jeez I didn't know death row inmates could post here!

Speed Racer will not recover from this.

by Anonymousreply 8402/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.