Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Richard Gere and Carey Lowell Split After 11 Years Of Marriage (REPORT)

Silver fox Richard Gere and his wife of 11 years, Carey Lowell, may be headed for divorce.

According to Page Six's exclusive report, the couple "has been spending time apart for quite some time," with a source claiming "the two have drifted into different lifestyles as the Buddhist actor craves privacy and Lowell likes socializing with other bigwigs."

Whether this is a separation or an actual filing for divorce is unclear. The two have a son together, Homer, 13.

Page Six also makes mention of the $65 million New Haven estate Gere, 64, put on the market just two months ago, adding that Gere prefers their quiet place in Bedford over the Hamptons.

A request for comment made to Gere's reps was not immediately answered.

The "Pretty Woman" star was previously married to supermodel Cindy Crawford for four years. Last March, Crawford went on "Oprah's Master Class" and explained their split, blaming their age difference (she was 22 when they married, he was 37) and the changes she underwent while still growing up.

Lowell, 52, who appeared in "Licence to Kill" and "Law & Order," was marred twice before and also has a daughter, Hannah.

by Miareply 5409/26/2013

Gerbils beware!

by Miareply 109/25/2013

Is he focused on "helping out" the gays again?

by Miareply 209/25/2013

Friends of Gere have always felt she was a vapid socialite and he's an intellectual and it never would have lasted for any long period of time.

by Miareply 309/25/2013

[quote]Lowell, 52, who appeared in "Licence to Kill" and "Law & Order," was marred twice before and also has a daughter, Hannah.

She was married to avowed heterosexual Griffin Dunne from After Hours and American Warewolf in London.

[quote]Friends of Gere have always felt she was a vapid socialite and he's an intellectual and it never would have lasted for any long period of time.

And son of Dominick Dunne, so you might see the attraction.

by Miareply 409/25/2013

Let me get this straight, Cindy Crawford was so desperate to get on television that she went on Oprah to discuss a divorce that happened when:? 20 years ago? Honey, discussing your divorce on television is not classy. For shame.

by Miareply 509/25/2013

Is he really an "intellectual" tho? Seems like a smart person wouldn't name their kid Homer.

by Miareply 609/25/2013

She was one of the better actresses to play the Lead Bond Girl.

by Miareply 709/25/2013

R6,Homer was the name of Richard`s father who died thortly before his son`s birth.

by Miareply 809/25/2013

Well now I feel terrible R8. But still, is Richard Gere an intellectual? He seems like one of the many posers getting a philosophy degree that I've known over the years.

by Miareply 909/25/2013

Dying thortly is the worst kind of death.

by Miareply 1009/25/2013

R1 It didn't take that long to put Gere and gerbils together again. Color me shocked but you'd think that Gere's heterosexuality would be unquestioned at this point. Much like Rod Stewart's 10 pounds of scum in his stomach the gerbil thing will never go away.

by Miareply 1109/25/2013

10 pounds of scum?

by Miareply 1209/25/2013

Richard embarrassed himself when he dipped the Indian actress Shilpa Shetty and kissed her. Why would he think she would welcome that?aybe when he was 25.

Supposedly he got bitched at by some woman's husband for trying to hit on his wife at a resturant awhile back.

by Miareply 1309/25/2013

Yeah, the restaurant incident was probably Carey's last straw.

by Miareply 1409/25/2013

What does a place in New Haven have to do with the Hamptons? I'm confused.

But not so confused that I'd say "Seems like a smart person wouldn't name their kid Homer." Because it seems to me like a smart person would know that a singular antecedent like "a... person" takes a singular pronoun, like "his."

by Miareply 1509/25/2013

r13 - that was Clooney. Gere is much more sensitive to Eastern customs.

by Miareply 1609/25/2013

No, R16, it was Gere (I just googled it).

Homer Gere? Grandfather or not, that name sounds awful.

by Miareply 1709/25/2013

Again with the rodents? I'm sure that Richard Gere would like to put those gerbils behind him.

by Miareply 1809/25/2013

No, she wasn't, r7. "License to Kill" is unquestionably the worst Bond film and Lowell's Pam Bouvier is one of the most forgettable Bond girls in the franchise's history.

by Miareply 1909/25/2013

I did love her on L&O. After Richard Brooks, she and Republican Harmon are my favorite ADAs.

by Miareply 2009/25/2013

It was probably his idea to name the kid Homer. Pretentious and cruel.

by Miareply 2109/25/2013

[quote ] What does a place in New Haven have to do with the Hamptons?

Nothing.

NORTH Haven, on the other hand, is part of the Hamptons. It didn't used to be. It was a laid back working class area, but then Jimmy Buffet bought in and that was the end of affordable pricing.

Springs (which used to be East Hampton Springs and then The Springs), North Haven and North Sea are areas that used to be the un-Hamptons, but they're now expensive and part of the rest of the Hamptons. Speonk was an un-Hampton too, but now it's Remsenburg and part of Westhampton.

Hampton Bays is still déclassé thanks to all the undocumented aliens, Latin gangs and white heroin addicts.

by Miareply 2209/25/2013

[quote] Page Six also makes mention of the $65 million New Haven estate Gere, 64, put on the market just two months ago

Yeah.

No.

It's in North Haven and he'll be lucky to get $20M for it.

by Miareply 2309/25/2013

You know Gere is gay right? The day Gere and Crawford were declaring they were not gay in the press, Gere picked up a guy in the parking lot of Studio One and took him to his home that was just photographed all the while denying he was Richard Gere..

by Miareply 2409/25/2013

Carey Lowell doesn't seem completely hetero, either.

by Miareply 2509/25/2013

Richard can marry me if he wants. I think he's very sexy.

by Miareply 2609/25/2013

How timely now that Diane Lane's available. They are close and rumored to have gotten closer the past few years.

by Miareply 2709/25/2013

[quote]Richard Gere and Carey Lowell Split After 11 Years Of A Sexless Marriage(REPORT)

Fixed it for you.

by Miareply 2809/25/2013

[quote]Friends of Gere have always felt she was a vapid socialite and he's an intellectual and it never would have lasted for any long period of time.

That's interesting. I had a very different impression of her. While I know Cindy Crawford is quite bright (she was valdedictorian of her graduating H.S. class), Lowell seemed less vacuous. I guess it was her L&O role.

by Miareply 2909/25/2013

If they are both gay/bi/bearing why would they divorce after 11 years? Why not stay married and safely closeted?

by Miareply 3009/25/2013

She's rather natural-looking for a socialite. Even dressed up, she looks like the outdoors type.

by Miareply 3109/25/2013

Did she play field hockey in high school?

by Miareply 3209/25/2013

Damn, thanks for the laugh [R28]

by Miareply 3309/25/2013

Warn the Dalai Lama, Gere will want to spend more time with him now.

by Miareply 3409/25/2013

11 years IS a long period of time. Besides, he doesn't strike me as an intellectual.

by Miareply 3509/25/2013

He's a pseudo-intellectual - at best.

by Miareply 3609/25/2013

He's the son of Homer, bitches.

by Miareply 3709/25/2013

Carey's hot!

by Miareply 3809/25/2013

R29, Cindy Crawford may have been smart in high school, but she is uneducated as an adult.

She never developed much beyond high school.

She attending a university for just one or two semesters after high school, if that much.

I have not noticed her having intellectual curiosity during her adulthood - but who knows.

She seems uneducated to me.

by Miareply 3909/26/2013

Carrie Lowell has been married three times - that's a lot.

Perhaps the problem lies with her - or her choices.

by Miareply 4009/26/2013

sorry, she attended, not she attending

by Miareply 4109/26/2013

They were together 7 years prior to the marriage so 18 yrs total. I agree with poster that said Gere us a pseudo intellectual at best . He doesn't come if as particular bright in interviews.

by Miareply 4209/26/2013

He's was a dick on Graham Norton.

by Miareply 4309/26/2013

I consider being together 18 years (which Gere and Lowell have been) a successful relationship.

by Miareply 4409/26/2013

Remember that time at the Oscars when he was a presenter and held the envelope to his forehead asking the audience if they could help him send a message to the Chinese about Tibet. Groan-inducing.

The show wouldn't have him back for years and it led to a ban on any personal or political banter by presenters forthwith.

by Miareply 4509/26/2013

He's okay, R45. Just because he has intellectual curiosity and diverse interests and interests beyond the superficial, he should not be disliked or persecuted.

by Miareply 4609/26/2013

Who the hell said anything about him being persecuted? And who cares about his "curiousity" and "interests". It was an inappropriate thing for him to do, it detracted from the award he was giving and from the deserving winner/s whose moment it really was. Hence, his ban and the ban by producers on other off-the-cuff "speeches".

by Miareply 4709/26/2013

Okay, R47, I agree he should not have mentioned the Chinese and Tibet on stage.

I was thinking more of he being mocked on this thread as a pseudo-intellectual rather than appreciating his intellectual curiosity and diverse interests and interests beyond the superficial and being disliked for them.

by Miareply 4809/26/2013

AJ Benza insisted once that he saw Crawford getting hot and heavy with one of the ladies in a night club

by Miareply 4909/26/2013

I understand R48. It's just that between Gere's antics and Sarandon's peace-sign/tits flashing the same year we ended up with a more boring Oscars show, when it was already moribund. Its so tensely rehearsed now its awful.

by Miareply 5009/26/2013

R48 Slowly recline your seat and relax, you pretentious prick. You bore us. You're so predictable.

by Miareply 5109/26/2013

I still don't buy him as straight, or even bi, after all these years.

He's just too nelly.

by Miareply 5209/26/2013

I had no idea he was married to the Law and Order chick.

She looks horrible in that picture atop the page, like she's made out of clay or has liver disease.

by Miareply 5309/26/2013

I once heard him talk about how Henry Fonda was his favorite actor because he was so internalized and you couldn't see him acting, and that's what he emulates. I thought to myself, yes, but Henry Fonda WAS acting, and you're not doing anything.

by Miareply 5409/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.