Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This entitled bitch thinks men take up too much room on the subway and has decided to shame them on her blog.

Some of the men in these pics do, certainly. But mostly it's just men sitting naturally, with their legs slightly apart. The most natural and comfortable way for a man to sit.

Sure, when the train gets crowded we can scrunch our legs together to make room for other people. But it's unnatural, uncomfortable, and in some cases painful. Why don't women understand this?

Also, if a train isn't crowded I don't really care how people sit or how much room they take up. If you can get a seat, why does it matter?

Furthermore, there's no mention of how much room women take up with their shopping bags, strollers, toddlers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 20009/29/2013

You don't know what you're talking about, OP.

I'm a guy, and I've been on the subway when it's crowded and guys sit like that to dare you to ask them for room to sit down. They sit in the middle of a bench, and if you ask them to move over so you can sit, often just glare at you and frequently don't move.

Usually it's guys of all races trying to claim their territory and prove their street cred. It's obnoxious.

There's nothing "natural" about sitting on a subway, period, much less sitting with your legs spread wide open. The subway isn't "nature".

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Some of the men shown on that blog taking up too much space are doing so with the luggage that they've put on the seat next to them, or by flopping their arms over adjacent seats; these things have nothing to do with accommodating their enormous testicles. More likely, they are compensating for just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

OP is a male-cunt.

There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

Sorry, OP, I too take her side. I'm male, 6'3" and I don't sit like that on the subway.

My favorite response is when a woman asked a young "dude" whose legs were spread apart taking up nearly 3 seats: "You about to give birth? If not, I'd like a seat."

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

No, R5, this appears just to be an array of people who think gay-bitches with frau obsesessions are worse than fraus.

They can share a level of hell as far as I'm concerned, but when they just reek of the bile like OP does, I say make room one level down for that kind of sniping.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

Fraus and "men" with tiny testicles.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

24th September wouldn't have to move for me, I'd happily sit on his lap.

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

Oh sure, R9, OP finds it "painful" to sit with his legs closed because it's too much pressure on his massive balls.

Sounds more like he has sensitive micro-testicles or has been taking extra-sized butt plugs.

No real man whines like the OP. Or you.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

Great quote there,R9!

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

[quote]Furthermore, there's no mention of how much room women take up with their shopping bags, strollers, toddlers, etc

You do realize that men were involved in making all of those toddlers and babies in strollers, right? And that the toddlers and the strollers take up just as much room when daddy drags them onto the subway, right? Not that it matters--the person who created that Tumblr is, in fact, entitled to make a Tumblr about whatever the hell pet peeve she pleases, with no obligation to address YOUR pet peeves to?

[quote]Why don't women understand this? Why must women understand or CARE about every last thing that concerns men? Shut your legs and your yap for five minutes; the discomfort won't kill you. And if you really need to open your legs THAT wide to feel comfortable sitting down, you might want to investigate whether you have elephantiasis of the balls or something.

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2013

I can't believe how many retarded people post on datalounge nowadays. In the past, people eould have sniffed, "Nice try, troll. Go back and debate this with the morons on YouTube."

Now, we get scores of idiots getting their backs up over some Internet fakesterism. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 1409/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 1609/25/2013

It's called Lava Balls. Apparently there is a salve that will clear it right up.

by Anonymousreply 1709/25/2013

Are you sure its a woman who started the blog? I think it might be a dude.

by Anonymousreply 1809/25/2013

Even Rob Stark does it!

by Anonymousreply 1909/25/2013

What do expect of a blog started by a Lannister?

by Anonymousreply 2009/25/2013

There IS no discussion, OP/R15

No one thinks you're right.

R14 is right. You're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 2109/25/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2209/25/2013

I'm sure she'd hate this guy.

by Anonymousreply 2309/25/2013

Some men are just bigger. Plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 2409/25/2013

I would not mind backing up into his balls.

by Anonymousreply 2509/25/2013

I wouldn't even want to be on the same train as that, r23. Who knows what nasty shit his dick has slapped against.

Really, some of those photos are a total overreaction. Yeah, people fall asleep or have huge ass luggage. Big deal.

Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 2609/25/2013

No excuse for this one; his backpack is taking up the seat with the best view on the train.

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2013

Nice, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2013

Some seats are just made too damned small. Even well-intentioned gents have to spill over into the next seat.

by Anonymousreply 2909/25/2013

I sat on a bus yesterday and this 300 lb. woman took up a double seat in front, and had a huge laundry/duffle bag that took up another two seats.

Don't even [italic]think[/italic] I took a picture.

by Anonymousreply 3009/25/2013

Minding his own business

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

Okay, no excuse for this one.

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

Was that on her blog, R31? If so, I'm suspecting masturbatory motivation on her part, in which men are taking up just the right amount of room on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 3309/25/2013

Sir, could you please pull your bulging thighs together?

by Anonymousreply 3409/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 3509/25/2013

Oh come on! This poor stud has an excuse!

by Anonymousreply 3609/25/2013

You guys are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. This blog was obviously started by a gay man to capture crotch shots of men out in public.

by Anonymousreply 3709/25/2013

I remember a blog called "Subway Douchery", the photos were hysterical. There were even photos of people fucking on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 3809/25/2013

Um, what to do when you find this?

by Anonymousreply 3909/25/2013

No excuse for it unless you're him:

by Anonymousreply 4009/25/2013

R34 looks a little like a younger Bruce Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 4109/25/2013

Oh no, Jake! Not you too!...

by Anonymousreply 4209/25/2013

Who the heck wants to see a guy's bulge shoved in their face?

PS: Watch it buddy; she's got a samurai sword.

by Anonymousreply 4309/25/2013

Are those silk?

by Anonymousreply 4409/25/2013

Sometimes they take up all the space on the platform too.

by Anonymousreply 4509/25/2013

I might dare to ask him to move (right inside me).

by Anonymousreply 4609/25/2013

Does she prefer matte or glossy

by Anonymousreply 4709/25/2013

Good Lord! Do people in NYC normally walk around with their dicks hanging out? Leave something to the imagination! Damn.

by Anonymousreply 4809/25/2013

First of all, who the fuck rides public transport. Second, I notice that frau didn't post a picture of herself. I'll bet a million she carries a massive handbag, a computer bag, a bag for snacking, a big gulp and is at least a size 18.

by Anonymousreply 4909/25/2013

Why is it always women who do this internet shaming?

by Anonymousreply 5009/25/2013

r3 is the frauest of frauen.

by Anonymousreply 5109/25/2013

[quote]First of all, who the fuck rides public transport

Millions and millions of people who live in big cities.

I suppose you drive everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 5209/25/2013

Yes, R48, we all do it -- the women, too.

You didn't think tourists were coming for the tall buildings and "Wicked," did you?

by Anonymousreply 5309/25/2013

[quote]First of all, who the fuck rides public transport.

The 99%, here in NYC. So, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 5409/25/2013

R52, where are their drivers or car service?

by Anonymousreply 5509/25/2013

R55 and R49 are obviously members of the One Percunt.

by Anonymousreply 5609/25/2013

I live in NYC and I drive everywhere. I live on the UWS and rarely have a problem finding parking. I've lived here for three years, and I've taken the subway four times. Public transportation is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 5709/25/2013

Nothing's hotter than to sit next to a hot guy who sits legs wide open and to touch his leg with your leg.

by Anonymousreply 5809/25/2013

Personally, I avoid public transportation as much as possible. I prefer to walk, ride my bike, or take cabs. I will take the subway when I have to, but only in off-peak hours.

Owning a car in the city? No thank you. I did for a while, but parking it, storing it, getting around in it, and the various expenses associated with car ownership were just not worth it for me. It was more of a burden than a convenience.

by Anonymousreply 5909/25/2013

[quote]Nothing's hotter than to sit next to a hot guy who sits legs wide open and to touch his leg with your leg.

I've done that more than once! 'Scuse me, guy with the strong beefy thighs spread wide? I'd like that other seat there. That one. Thanks.

What invariably ends up happening is that he keeps pressing his thigh against mine as a turf thing, and I press back because it's kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 6109/25/2013

BITD -- yes, Back in the Day, and fuck you if you don't like it -- I used to cruise the east side local to meet men after work. The UES was kind of gay in the 1970s, and you could pretty much count on going home with the hardon rubbing against your back or ass.

by Anonymousreply 6209/25/2013

My father always taught me a gentleman always offers his seat to someone who may need it more (elderly person, disabled person, pregnant woman, parent with small children, etc). I commute over an hour each way by subway from my apartment in Manhattan to my office in Brooklyn and, when the train fills up, there is always someone who could use a seat more than I can. Sometimes they decline, but I still offer. Amazing to me how many guys in sports clothes plop into a seat and won't get up for someone with two kids, or a person with a cane. (I live in fear when some young thing offers ME a seat, but judging from what I've seen, that isn't very likely).

by Anonymousreply 6309/25/2013

I think this has become the frau's way to look at guy's ballsacks, and snap pictures of them. I think she's a sick pervert.

by Anonymousreply 6409/25/2013

I spread my legs in a subway train once. They promptly kicked me out at the next stop. We all know why.

by Anonymousreply 6509/25/2013 it REALLY that hard to not sit SPRAWLED out with your legs forming a perfect 90 degree angle?

by Anonymousreply 6809/25/2013

Does anyone doubt that R66 is the putrid tool who speaks loudly on his cell without regard for those around him?

Civilized society, motherfucker. It has nothing to do with Bloomberg.

Evolution hasn't taken place in the last 40 years to the point that your fucking balls suddenly got bigger except in your own mind. The only thing has changed is the level of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 6909/25/2013

If a woman like this woman took my photo on public transport without my permission, I would pick that phone out of her hand and smash it to pieces in front of her. What an obscene violation of privacy. I would do the same should some creep try to sneak a shot of my balls through my pants.

by Anonymousreply 7009/25/2013

I was thinking she must be using some sort of stealth camera, or at least stealth positioning, because kicking her ass and breaking her camera/phone would be the logical reaction to a lot of these pics, R70.

by Anonymousreply 7209/25/2013

Penis envy.

by Anonymousreply 7309/25/2013

Oh really, R71?

Trains have existed for quite a number of years. You're telling me all men were doing this in the 50s, and to this extent? Why don't all men do it? Yes, I'm sure the one's who don't are just victims of fraus.

Face it, it's like I said: The balls haven't gotten bigger, only the sense of entitlement - and you know it. It's the same as assholes eating their smelly shit on trains or talking loudly on cell phones. You're a bunch of fuckheads who have zero regard for others.

by Anonymousreply 7409/25/2013

Pics like this are easy to take with most smart phones. As far as your victim knows you're just playing with your iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 7509/25/2013

[quote]And when you mention that men have genitals and sitting with our legs apart is more comfortable,

The train isn't your home or first class, idiot. It gets you from point A to point B for $2.75. You're not supposed to spread out like it's a God damned La-z-y Boy.

by Anonymousreply 7609/25/2013

Guys with their legs spread like this are indeed annoying and taking up too much space.

by Anonymousreply 7709/25/2013

[quote]R74: It's the same as assholes eating their smelly shit on trains or talking loudly on cell phones.

Yeah. Because a woman would never do either of these on a train. LMAO, at you, not with you.

by Anonymousreply 7809/25/2013

[quote]women take up with their shopping bags, strollers, toddlers, etc.

[bold]shopping bags, strollers, toddlers, etc.[/bold]

If only your mom had threw you with the stroller on the railway.

by Anonymousreply 7909/25/2013

I am a guy and see this all the time. The difference is that I just sit down next to them and force them to not take up more than one seat. I will also remove a bag so I can sit down. The problem is that people are just too scared to be confrontational. I have only had one problem in 30 some years, and quite frankly, I think that guy was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8109/25/2013

Oh give the fuck up. I have big balls, I'm tall, and have zero need to do the he-man Leg Sprawl across 3 seats. Everyone's entitled to one seat, so my legs are square facing forward, a foot apart.

How did that become not-normal and not-expected for men to do, sitting in public where the seats are crowded and meant one per person?

Again when I say I have zero need to do the leg sprawl, I'm talking *need.* Not preference. You know, I'm also really tired sometimes, my body would prefer to throw a blanket down and lay across 5 seats, but I don't *need* to do that either.

by Anonymousreply 8209/25/2013

[quote]R79: If only your mom had threw you with the stroller on the railway.

I'm sure it would have thrown him, going through such an experience.

by Anonymousreply 8309/25/2013

R78 is kind of... slow.

It was clearly a reference to general bad behavior in public, not specifically men.

by Anonymousreply 8409/25/2013

I've ridden the NYC subway for decades and the way some men sit has peeved me for just as long. As a professor of mine said in the '80's, she always wants to ask them if they've paid double fare, one for themselves and another for their dicks.

In contrast, there are plenty of men who manage to sit with their legs at shoulder-width, which allows subway benches to accommodate the number of passengers intended in their design, and in the MTA's planning. It ain't rocket science. Just behave like a normally considerate human being.

by Anonymousreply 8609/25/2013

What makes you boys think that it's not just as comfortable for WOMEN to sit with THEIR legs slightly apart?

It's only society that teaches women to cross their legs at the knee, ankle, etc. And there's not even a reason to do it if a woman is wearing slacks.

I learned many years ago that women are taught to make themselves as physically small in public as they possibly can -- you rarely see a woman with her arm draped over the chair next to her, or with her arms resting on the armrests in an airplane when there's a man next to her.

I have never been comfortable folding myself up that way -- plus, I also learned early on that physical posture is all about claiming territory. So I have always done exactly what men do. I use the arm rests on the plane, even when there are men sitting next to me. I sit with my legs open. I put my arm over the chair next to mine, and I slouch down in my seat with my legs straightened and crossed at the ankle -- just like men do. I claim my space.

You boys, always whining, whining, whining about women, when you have no idea how many privileges you enjoy simply because you're male. And yes -- even when you're gay.

By the way, I never wanted to be a man OR have a penis. I just want to have the same power that you guys take for granted.

by Anonymousreply 8709/25/2013

Sitting with our legs open is a man’s subconscious need to assert his masculinity. Men release the most pheromones from the two places on their bodies where they sweat the most, which is the armpits and crotch. This is the reason we will sit with their hands behind their head, too. This is a man’s way of marking his territory.

Also, it can depend on the underwear. Most comments here about large junk aren't so off the mark, even if jokes are being made about it. Some underwear cups and lifts (supports). And closing the legs will crush the balls.

Also consider leg muscles, mens are thicker than women's and it's harder to "pull" them together and still be in a relaxed state.

by Anonymousreply 8809/25/2013

R88, who the fuck cares? It is rude and inconsiderate to take up more than one seat for any reason. There are no excuses.

by Anonymousreply 8909/25/2013

Honestly, MOST of those guys are fine. Some are taking up ridiculous space, yeah - but just a few. Some of those guys are BIG men and are taking up no more space than your run of the mill Cinnabon Fatty on her way to work. Example big man at link. Imagine him trying to squeeze into just ONE of those seats... I'm built like him. IF the train is packed and there is an elderly person needing a seat, I will SCRUNCH over, but I will tell you that my ass and thighs will likely overflow into their space. Otherwise, tough shit. You can stand just fine.

by Anonymousreply 9009/25/2013

Fucking fraus. Ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 9209/25/2013

Why don't men walk with a wide stance if they need so much room?

by Anonymousreply 9409/25/2013

R93, that is the first posted example that is acceptable. The only reason for his wide stance is his bag. Most people would put their bag between their legs to keep it out of the aisle. Also, there are clearly empty seats.

by Anonymousreply 9509/25/2013

And there's an empty seat right next to the guy in R93.

by Anonymousreply 9609/25/2013

Well, we know you're certainly a bigger idiot.

by Anonymousreply 9709/25/2013

r93 That guys isn't that big. He can easily close his legs and put his bag on his lap.

by Anonymousreply 9809/25/2013

Gotta admit, there is a lot of truth in R87's post.

by Anonymousreply 10009/25/2013

When I lived in NYC I always stood on the train if I was entering with a large group of people. I was a teenager-early 20s, so why fight with middle aged, elderly, or entitled people for a seat? If the train was half full, legs went up on the seat (never shoes-- rude!) and I kicked back. If more people came in, I moved and took up one spot. The subway etiquette of some people always turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 10109/25/2013

Spreading those legs is OK as long as they wear short-shorts and their cock/balls hang out

by Anonymousreply 10209/25/2013

Years ago on a "C" train a guy with a wide spread was in a two-seater at the door. Woman got on, looked down. "Are you givin' birth?" He looked up startled. "Then close your legs so I can sit down." Everyone burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 10309/25/2013

When hairy legs touch, it's electric!

by Anonymousreply 10409/25/2013

Once he folds those arms down, he's in acceptable position.

by Anonymousreply 10509/25/2013

I inevitably have stuff like this dangled in front of my face on the train.

by Anonymousreply 10609/25/2013

Men can seriously injure themselves if they're not spread out enough. Here's why.

by Anonymousreply 10709/25/2013

Big spread

by Anonymousreply 10809/25/2013

Hey bro, is that seat taken?

by Anonymousreply 10909/25/2013

So is R103's post an urban myth since someone else posted the same story?

by Anonymousreply 11009/25/2013

Which train is this?!

by Anonymousreply 11109/25/2013

[quote]IF the train is packed and there is an elderly person needing a seat, I will SCRUNCH over, but I will tell you that my ass and thighs will likely overflow into their space.

Why don't you get up off your big, fat ass and thighs and let the elderly person sit comfortably? Are you so fat and lazy that scrunching is the best you can do?

by Anonymousreply 11209/25/2013

R71 et. al

Nature did not design men to sit that way and as you've been told before the subway is not "nature".

You're a lazy shit, and your mussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 11309/25/2013

What. A. Whore.

Whoever knows this bitch, flaunt everything bad about her all over the Internet. Go.

by Anonymousreply 11509/25/2013

Yeah, flaunt her, flaunt her real good!

by Anonymousreply 11609/25/2013

OP is a piece of shit and misogynist. Fuck you. I'm with the tumblr lady calling out these obnoxious men. I personally go out of my way to make sure people have room. If I encounter a male sprawling asshole, I will invade "his" space to make him accommodate others.

by Anonymousreply 11809/25/2013

It's not just women.

They block men too.

by Anonymousreply 12009/25/2013

I'm kind of prim kind of guy but I often sit next to guys who INSIST on spreading their legs as wide as possible and being in full contact with me for the duration of our trip together. It's like a weird outer thigh constant contact type thing that I used to be totally offended by and would move my thighs inward but then they'd push theirs out so they'd be touching. Now I find it comforting in a weird way. Like we're a brotherhood of men and we have to constantly be touching eachother? Something like that? Maybe they think I'm attractive enough that touching me isn't a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 12109/25/2013

It isn't our fault we have big balls.

by Anonymousreply 12209/25/2013

[quote]I hate bitches who think that men need to stand and give up a seat to a woman but then call themselves feminist and preach equality.

I don't know any women who think men need to give up seats for anybody other than hugely pregnant women and the elderly or disabled (women and men). And in those cases, all the non-elderly, non-preggo, able-bodied women I know, myself included, are happy to give up our own seats.

I suspect it is the same among the women you know, but keep on making up imaginary enemies.

by Anonymousreply 12409/25/2013

Yeah, R125, cuz men NEVER block anyone from sitting beside them until they're forced to move, it's ALWAYS ONLY those horrible nasty women and their weird/gross/smelly clams.

Grow the fuck up, you ignorant jackass.

by Anonymousreply 12609/25/2013

[quote]But regular men have seated themselves in this manner (legs slightly apart) since there were chairs.

The key words, R71, are SLIGHTLY APART.

Goddammit, I hate DL nowadays, so many ignorant fuckwads.

by Anonymousreply 12709/25/2013

And then you stand up only to have one of them press his nasty crotch into you. You can't win.

by Anonymousreply 12809/25/2013

Part of the reason for the open legs is because men have relatively narrow pelvis compared to their height. It creates stability.

Having said that, I am in no way condoning the wide stance taken by many of these men and a senator from Michigan (or is it Minnesota).

by Anonymousreply 12909/25/2013

hmm. As a female living in NY, Queens. I have never noticed men with legs wide open. Maybe because I've never looked out for it. I don't know what other women think, but for me, I think men do it because their area gets too tight, you know, with the pants.

And r119 I don't need any man to stand up for me and give me their seat. I usually prefer standing up. I like looking out the windows with my music high when the train is moving. I have heavily noticed men and women getting up and giving their seats for old, injured, pregnant people. I've also seen elders giving up their seats for school kids.

I think this is a personal issue with both sides. These sexist answers wont help, and the woman posting pictures of men on trains is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 13009/25/2013

The pics of guys with their legs spread wide is one thing, but there are pics on that blog of men with their feet on the seats or lying down, which women do too.

I was travelling home by train last year, and two guys lied about saving seats for fictional friends just to keep a four-person table seat for themselves. They let me sit down when I pointed out I had a broken spine, and looked mortified. One of them actually said, "Please don't hate me" which was weird.

by Anonymousreply 13109/25/2013

[quote] Those of us built like real MEN have serious issue with the tiny little indentations that are called "seats"! :)

Then stand up, precious, and leave the seats for those who can fit their asses into one seat. You are welcome to explain to everyone who gets on the train that you're standing because your balls are too big to allow you to sit comfortably in one seat. Wear a kilt while doing this.

OP needs psychological help, or to spend all eternity stuck in a middle seat on a packed 737 between two guys "built like real MEN" (i.e. like an orca in pleated dockers) who "need" to air out the boys. Either would do nicely.

by Anonymousreply 13209/25/2013

The posters who say men need to have their legs spread on the bus and subway to sit comfortable are idiotic.

Plenty of men sit in all places - at home, away from home, on public transit - with one leg crossed over the other which does not squeeze their genitals uncomfortably. Men sitting with legs crossed is very common.

Men who sit with legs spread wide on buses and subways are anti-social bores, idiots, self-centered, tend toward sociopathic behavior, bad mannered, and narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 13309/25/2013

Just go to YouTube for lots of examples of people behaving badly on trains

by Anonymousreply 13409/25/2013

Just so you know, some disabilities which make standing up very painful are not apparent to onlookers.

Severe arthritis, for example, can make it difficult to stand for more than 60 seconds for some people.

I despise men who sit in the seats for the elderly and disabled at the front of the bus and refuse to move.

These men often hog the elderly and disabled seats at the front of the bus even when there are empty seats all over the bus.

Even if there are only a few empty seats all over the bus, these able bodied men should sit in the seats thruout the bus, and not automatically take the elderly and disable seats.

And it is 99 to 100 percent black men who always take the elderly and disabled seats at the front of the bus. I despise them for doing this.

by Anonymousreply 13509/25/2013

[quote]And it is 99 to 100 percent black men who always take the elderly and disabled seats at the front of the bus. I despise them for doing this.

I find this extremely hard to believe. I will admit, I never ride the bus, but I have noticed for years on the subway that young black men are MORE likely than any other demographic to give up their seat for an elderly or disabled person.

But, hey, if there's any group DL loves to point a finger at more than women, it's black men ....

by Anonymousreply 13609/25/2013

R136, I'm talking about the buses in another major city, not New York City, and not quite as large as NYC.

Never fails, it's always black male teenagers and middle-aged black men who take the elderly and disabled seats at the front.

And they never get up from their seat for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 13709/25/2013

I personally find the blog and the few news stories about it to be rather sexist/anti-male.

Now there may be some egregious examples, but some of the photos show men sitting with their legs only moderately spread on a train with empty seats! How is this remotely improper? Whoever runs that blog has a pretty disturbed outlook on the world and the male sex.

by Anonymousreply 13809/25/2013

This thread is ridiculous. Any woman who has shared a work space with men can tell you that they spread out, take up lots of space, hang their arms over the backs of chairs, etc. Not talking about you prissy queens, STRAIGHT men.

by Anonymousreply 13909/25/2013

"OP is a piece of shit and misogynist. Fuck you. I'm with the tumblr lady calling out these obnoxious men. I personally go out of my way to make sure people have room. If I encounter a male sprawling asshole, I will invade "his" space to make him accommodate others."

Wow, what a hateful misandrist. Why are you only concerned with the poor behavior of men, but not women? And, as has been pointed out, many of the photos show no wrong-doing. The blog just attempts to publicly humiliate and shame men who have their legs spread ON TRAINS WITH EMPTY SEATS. It's twisted. If the blog's truly concerned with correcting poor behavior why does it only focus on MEN, many of whom are doing nothing wrong?

by Anonymousreply 14009/25/2013

R139, maybe so, but this thread is primarily about men who spread their legs extra wide on subways and buses taking up space on the seats beside them.

by Anonymousreply 14109/25/2013

This blog is run by a dude, just for the record.

Triggers my subway geek gene, looking at train cars around the world. Anything with bright yellow poles is usually German. The fuzzy blue seats are clearly London metro.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 14209/25/2013

[quote]Never fails, it's always black male teenagers and middle-aged black men who take the elderly and disabled seats at the front. And they never get up from their seat for anyone.

Same thing with Canadian Aboriginals, 99% of the time they take the first possible seat and NEVER offer it to anybody.

And don't even get me started on how many of them didn't even pay the fucking bus fare in the first place!

by Anonymousreply 14309/25/2013

Even on the very rare almost non-existent occasion that a black man sitting up front in the elderly or disabled seats gets up for an older person, it is very infuriating that they take the seats in first place.

I hate them with the a passion.

I happen to need a seat up front and they are always hogging them like imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 14409/25/2013

R60 They paid for that seat. They have every right to recline as far back as they want.

by Anonymousreply 14509/26/2013

Also to be despised and hated - people like R145 who insist on reclining on planes no matter how uncomfortable they make the person behind them.

R145 really has poor character as a person.

by Anonymousreply 14609/26/2013

R46 is wound a little too tight. Relax queen.

by Anonymousreply 14709/26/2013

No, R145 and R147, you have very poor character as is apparent from your posts.

by Anonymousreply 14909/26/2013

R149 If my flight is over several hours, I'm reclining my seat as soon as they give me the signal. Especially a late night flight. I will SLOWLY recline. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You really need to relax.

by Anonymousreply 15009/26/2013

Only selfish fucks recline all the way. Really rude.

by Anonymousreply 15109/26/2013

No, R150 who is also R145 and R147, you are an asshole.

Reclining the seat makes the person behind you uncomfortable about 99 percent of the time.

And anyone who is 5'9" and above in height is often put in active distress and even a degree of agony by assholes like you.

You have poor character and care about no one except yourself.

And there is no need for reclining. If the seats did not recline, you would do just fine. You're a head case and a lemming. You cannot even think critically.

by Anonymousreply 15209/26/2013

R151 Seriously, remove the stick from your ass, slowly recline your seat and chill. You're an uptight bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15309/26/2013

I see men do this all the time. It's just bad manners.

by Anonymousreply 15409/26/2013

That's the point R152. The seats DO recline. Why? Because it's a long flight and people need to be comfortable. I'm 5'11" and people who slowly recline their seat in front of me has every right.

by Anonymousreply 15509/26/2013

Any reclining whatsoever, no matter to what degree of reclining, makes it very unpleasant for anyone 5'9" and above.

There is absolutely no need for reclining.

If the seats would not recline, people who currently insist on reclining would do just fine without the reclining function.

by Anonymousreply 15609/26/2013

[quote]I will SLOWLY recline.

The speed with which you recline is not the issue. If you recline so far you are practically in the lap of the poor person behind you, you are an asshole, whether you got there quickly or slowly.

by Anonymousreply 15709/26/2013

R156 Let me guess, you're bald (and not in an attractive way), you live in the south, you whine about every little thing making a mountain out of a molehill, and you scream bloody murder on a plane "just because you CAN recline doesn't mean you should".

by Anonymousreply 15809/26/2013

Really R157? I never feel their head is in my lap when the person in front of me is fully reclined. Oh now I get it, I'm not a whining bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15909/26/2013

Hilarious, the outraged whining about one blog that dares to call out males for boorish behavior when there are endless threads on DL that trash women.

by Anonymousreply 16009/26/2013

[quote] I never feel their head is in my lap when the person in front of me is fully reclined.

Gee, r159, could this be because

a) you're always fully reclined yourself

b) the person in front of you probably ISN'T fully reclined most of the time, since most people aren't douchey enough to do that.

by Anonymousreply 16109/26/2013

R161 I bet you're just a hoot to be around. Are you able to detect my sarcasm or are you in too much pain from that stick still lodged up your ass?

by Anonymousreply 16209/26/2013

Dear Whiny Bitches,

1) Take a cab

2) Buy a first class plane ticket

Now shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 16309/26/2013

While I agree that lots of men do this on the subway, and it's totally annoying...I agree with the OP in that this blog has a series of very non-incriminating pictures of men doing this when there is plenty of room elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 16409/26/2013

It's fascinating to look at those pictures of people riding the subway. It's as if there are no homeless people with Hefty bags bulging with empty cans, older people with walkers or canes, people with filled to the brim shopping carts and people seated on a Hoveraround large enough to take up six spaces.

by Anonymousreply 16509/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 16709/26/2013

Once again, for those of you who too blinded by misogyny to read properly, the 'entitled bitch' of that blog is male.

by Anonymousreply 16809/26/2013

Can you imagine that poor girl's thoughts as she careened down the driveway towards the car and seeing the self-absorbed airhead behind the wheel?!

by Anonymousreply 16909/26/2013

Which part of: THE BLOG IS BY A ***MAN*** did some of you challenged queens miss?

R168 is right. Some of you idiots can't get past your hate for women long enough to realize it's a guy behind the blog. Fucking dimwits.

by Anonymousreply 17009/26/2013

Thanks R168 and R170.

by Anonymousreply 17109/26/2013

This blogger is clearly a misandrist.

by Anonymousreply 17209/26/2013

R173 and R166 hate speech

by Anonymousreply 17409/26/2013

Nah, R174. Just a couple of attention-starved trolls.

by Anonymousreply 17509/26/2013

I'm going to show this thread to my wife, she blindly supports you fags.

by Anonymousreply 17609/26/2013

R176, if you ever feel a need to spread, please come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 17709/26/2013

If there were no bitches on the subway, it would be one big homosex party all day every day.

by Anonymousreply 17809/26/2013

I agree, R178. Maybe they should start doing what they do in other subways in other countries --- and have female- and male-only cars. Then there wouldn't be any of these problems, and imagine the gaysex.

by Anonymousreply 18009/26/2013

OMFG there's a photo of me.

by Anonymousreply 18109/26/2013

R181 = Jake Gyllenhaal

by Anonymousreply 18209/26/2013

[quote]What about fat women with fat asses? Can we start photo-shaming them, too?

Sure, if you want. There's nothing stopping you.

by Anonymousreply 18309/26/2013

It is understanding if a man has his legs apart-- but not to the extent that some men do. Not only does it take space, it looks tacky.

by Anonymousreply 18509/26/2013

Yeah... those fat bitches whose ass actually wraps around and swallows up the pole to hold on to for the people standing up... that shit's nasty.

by Anonymousreply 18609/26/2013

Only young men do this

by Anonymousreply 18709/29/2013

One reason men do it is in hope that everyone will be discouraged from trying to sit next to them.

by Anonymousreply 18809/29/2013

At least they don't take up as much room as those fucking entitled goats.

by Anonymousreply 18909/29/2013

Shark taking up too much room on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 19009/29/2013

I've long wondered while taking public transportation if there's a huge, untreated epidemic of crotch rot.

by Anonymousreply 19109/29/2013

[quote]One reason men do it is in hope that everyone will be discouraged from trying to sit next to them.

Really, r188? Damn, what an insight! You must be a genius or something, because it's totally not like that's the whole entire point the blogger was making or anything.

by Anonymousreply 19209/29/2013

Priceless, r20!

by Anonymousreply 19309/29/2013

Men are very insensitive. I am friends with an Asian couple. I am single female and the guy always leaves the toilet seat up when he uses my toilet. I find it revolting that he is so insensitive. First he prob pees all over the bowl because he does not sit down while peeing and then he does not even think about putting the seat down. Men - some are just the biggest insensitive pig heads! I am also very pissed when people, and mostly guys do this, put their feet/shoes on the seats in the subway.

by Anonymousreply 19409/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 19509/29/2013

You just love generalizing, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 19609/29/2013

Racist idiot at r143 screeching at others for being ignorant: perhaps you should work on your own issues, you redneck fool.

by Anonymousreply 19709/29/2013

She's frigid. Afraid of men's dicks sticking out when they spread their legs wide. She's probably a dyke. Man hater. Psychological problems. A shrink would have playday with her.

by Anonymousreply 19809/29/2013

What is worse are women with wide asses who think that two inches of space is enough to accommodate and then they sit down and ooze all over the folks next to them.

by Anonymousreply 19909/29/2013

For all the misogynists in this thread, you should know that the founder of that particular tumblr is another guy! yes, a male calling out other males for being rude and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 20009/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!