Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jack The Ripper Mystery Solved? Cold Case Investigation Implicates German Sailor Carl Feigenbaum

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

Old news, and largely discredited. Even Wikipedia (apologies) is more up to date than this thread:

Carl Feigenbaum

Carl Ferdinand Feigenbaum (executed 27 April 1896) was arrested in 1894 in New York City for cutting the throat of Mrs Juliana Hoffmann. After his execution, his lawyer, William Sanford Lawton, claimed that Feigenbaum had admitted to having a hatred of women and a desire to kill and mutilate them. Lawton further stated that he believed Feigenbaum was Jack the Ripper. Though covered by the press at the time, the idea was not pursued for more than a century.

Using Lawton's accusation as a base, author Trevor Marriott, a former British murder squad detective, argued that Feigenbaum was responsible for the Ripper murders as well as other murders in the United States and Germany between 1891 and 1894.[66]

According to Wolf Vanderlinden, some of the murders listed by Marriott did not actually occur; the newspapers often embellished or created Ripper-like stories to sell copy. Lawton's accusations were disputed by a partner in his legal firm, Hugh O. Pentecost, and there is no proof that Feigenbaum was in Whitechapel at the time of the murders.[67]

by Anonymousreply 109/25/2013

Is he related to that biracial chubbette on the old "Everyday Food" program? Emma Feigenbaum?

by Anonymousreply 209/25/2013

They're even less likely to solve the Jack the Ripper murders than the JonBenet case. It's not possible to solve a case that old. Everyone and their grandmother has been accused of being Jack the Ripper. They've never been able to pin it on anyone. Ever year someone comes up with a new theory.

by Anonymousreply 309/25/2013

JonBenet was solved. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 409/25/2013

Do you have something you'd like to tell us, R4?

by Anonymousreply 509/25/2013

Patricia Cornwell will cut anyone who does it.

by Anonymousreply 609/25/2013

What did most people think about the Walter Sickert, theory, R6?

by Anonymousreply 709/25/2013

"Wodge of information." That's a new one.

by Anonymousreply 809/25/2013

I thought it was interesting R7, but the further I got into Cornwell's book it became obvious that she was seeing the case through lesbionicly(yes, I know it's not a real word)prejudiced eyes. And she herself admitted that part of her reasons for looking into the case was because of her own assault.

by Anonymousreply 909/25/2013

[quote]it became obvious that she was seeing the case through lesbionicly(yes, I know it's not a real word)prejudiced eyes.

In what way?

by Anonymousreply 1009/25/2013

I think it was another prostitute doing it. Trying to thin out the competition.

by Anonymousreply 1109/25/2013

I like R11's theory. Fits right in with the bitchy atmosphere of DL!

by Anonymousreply 1209/25/2013

Or was it Queen Victoria's surgeon?

New book written by the last victim's descendant claims that Sir John Williams was Mary Kelly's lover.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1409/27/2013

R13, this has always been the whole problem with this case. It's near-impossible that it will ever be solved. Same goes for the JonBenet case. Once the original investigation and evidence are screwed up, it's hard to ever figure out years later what really happened.

And that's particularly the case in a 125-year old murder.

by Anonymousreply 1509/27/2013

[quote]Same goes for the JonBenet case.

ramseybot is with us!

by Anonymousreply 1609/27/2013

That Cornwell book, gads! I was reading that thing during my lunch breaks and during that same period the "Stephen King Murdered John Lennon" fruitcake was parking his van in my space at work every evening. Is there a tie-in?

It's HuffPo, people...for those that just can't bear the depth and aggressive journalism of Salon. Next they'll be turning up new (and startling!) evidence that Feigenbaum sired Adolf Hitler.

The Blight Wing aren't the only ones sporting tin hats.

by Anonymousreply 1809/27/2013

I never read Cornwell's book but I saw the National Geographic special on Jack the Ripper and she was on it, making her case that it was Sickert. I found it compelling and plausible.

by Anonymousreply 1909/27/2013

Cornwall's thesis that Sickert was Jack the Ripper was pretty well argued. The artwork she referenced is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 2009/27/2013

r17 Please explain why r15 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2109/27/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2209/27/2013

I doubt it, R22. That's what they say about almost every Ripper suspect.

by Anonymousreply 2309/27/2013

Right, my team is on it.

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

[quote]Once the original investigation and evidence are screwed up, it's hard to ever figure out years later what really happened.

Just like the Martha Moxley murder case. They'll never get a conviction on that because the original investigation was so screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!